Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start a Little Storm

Was there always work to be done? Peyton wasn’t so sure, but it helped to think so. If she could keep getting work, that meant she could keep getting paid. And really, that was what mattered. She wasn’t an idealist, not by a long shot, but well, Baros wasn’t so bad to work for. Maybe some day she’d find someone worse to work for, and there was no real idea as to why she’d take a job from them. Unless the pay was better.

Or she owed them.

Or them, whoever.

Still, with a gun attached to her hip, she was finding herself in the hotel address was was given. Right up the elevator and to the room. She took a second to look around before knocking. As she gave a few taps on the door, she adjusted her tanktop. She was a business woman, not some trampy whore. Well, it could happen, but still, she had standards. And her own ship.

And a gun she didn’t have to use. This whole politics and media scare thing was a bit different for her, even after Daddy taught her how to shoot on sound alone.

Baros Sal-Soren said:
holonews_zpsa5e55df7.png
"Sources close to Glitterstim are saying that the design house purposely avoids designing clothes for nonhumans and never caters for nonhumanoids. We asked Baros Sal-Soren, owner and face of Glitterstim, to respond to these accusations."
The image clicked over to Baros looking a little stunned by a droid that had just about rammed into his face. The reporter had already clearly asked a question, but it had been edited out of the broadcast.​
"We are a Corellian fashion house. We cater to Corellians primarily...if someone has gotten upset about the genetics of the Corellian people, there is not much I can do about that. As for those that say we would not cater for someone with a nonhumanoid figure? Preposterous. Beauty is beauty. We simply love to have it recognized in all its forms."
The image cut back to the presenter who looked unimpressed with the answer.​
"Detractors disagree saying that Glitterstim is a blatantly prohuman organization and should be barred from operating on Coruscant. These are however only rumours...from well established sources. I will leave you to make up your mind. I'm Eleta Vangorn and this...was Fashion Weekly for Holonet News."
Baros had already opened the door and walked over to the holo projector with Peyton in time to see the news broadcast. Sure, it was a late night gossip news bulletin but these were the type of shows that his clientele actually paid heed too. He turned off the holo and stood in silence with his arms crossed. A minute passed.

"Hello Peyton," he finally said with a smile, it clearly hid emotions contrary to happiness, "it is good to see you again...you are looking as beautiful as ever."

The hotel they were in was lavish, and known for married men's trysts. The staff were discrete, mostly droids except a manager and security chief. They specialized in creating clean and unseen getaways for those that needed to meet with a mistress and keep it secret. As such, there were no big signs outside advertising it as accommodation. You were either in the know or not. Baros was, of course, in the know.

With a subtle wave of his hand, he indicated for Peyton to have a seat on the sofa. It was luxurious leather from Outer rim. Cushions and pillows made for a perfect place to recline. Baros sat down only after Peyton was seated. Always the gentleman.

"I believe it was a rival of mine that spread this vicious rumour...Declin Tarro...I think a nasty rumour of his needs to surface. Even if we have...rather you...have to create one. We are talking harm to reputation only here. Understood?"

@[member="Peyton Steele"]

There was so much work to be done. It was odd, she really didn’t follow any one belief of Baros, but the work was paying her, and really how often could you say you worked for a fashion company doing political sabotage and potentially assassination? Right, that was one of the resume hall of fame! Well, unless she was a former male model who couldn’t turn left, and needed to murder some prime minister or another. But really, Peyton, a model?

That’d be the day.

Whatever, dresses served their purpose, even if the blonde only owned like 2. It was good enough. When Baros finally answered the door, she couldn’t help but roll her eyes, and give him a coy little smile. “You’re somethin’ else, y’know?” She had a bit of a fringer accent, maybe some words were drawled together. She could hide it when she needed to, but between @[member="Baros Sal-Soren"] and her, things were… fluid.

And he always did seem to have a good way about him, affording everything. Glitterstim must really be taking off. Or more people owed Mr. Charisma some money and favors. She looked at the sofa, and taking a seat, before crossing her legs, watched the man.

“What, afraid of you making clothing for a select group?” She smirked and shook her head. “What do you have in mind, then? No wet work, I’ve got that, it mean he’s got security, or you just don’t need ‘im dead?”

"We make clothes for the most economically feasible group at the moment," Baros said with a wave of his hand, "nothing to do with racism. Should Rodian's suddenly become a huge market...you can be assured I will go where the money is."

Leanign forward, Baros picked up a datapad and turned the screen on with his thumb imprint in the corner of the screen. A picture came up the surface and he handed it to Peyton. It was a cover from a gossip rag. The title was overly sugary. Something about 'Happily ever after' for the newly weds. One, a female, was an attractive blonde with a shapely figure and a penchant for clothing that left little to the imagination. It seemed she shopped on Ryloth. The other was quickly recognizable as Declin Tarro, mainly because it actually said his name under the headline. Baros leaned back and crossed his arms.

"Tarro is not monogamous...but he is doing a darn good job of showing he is in order to woo some of the more prudish investors," Baros explained, "everyone in the know is aware of this...but proof is needed...or a scandal...mud. I would hope that you would notice a similarity between yourself and the woman in the picture..."

She really didn’t need an answer. If he wanted to give her an explanation, that was all on him. Eyeing Mr. Sal-Soren, the blonde couldn’t help but grin. Right, sure there wasn’t. “Whatever you say, boss. I don’t wear clothes for Jawas, so I ain’t gonna worry ‘bout them.” Right, Tatooine upbringing, sometimes. “Can you do something about the smell with them?” She scrunched up her nose at the mention of Rodians.

Okay, so maybe Peyton wasn’t the most open minded herself.

Taking the datapad, she rolled her eyes, everyone saw this picture if they were any shop that had any of the media chips for sale. It was clear that things were just peachy for Tarro. Whatever, good for him, or something.

Or maybe not so much. Trouble in paradise? The blonde was nodding for all points that Baros made. Except that one. Really? She looked at the blonde. “Really? Me, her?” She shrugged. “Y’know, I don’t sleep with just anyone for a job, right?” There had to be some more spice in it for her. Well, not spice per se. Maybe.

@[member="Baros Sal-Soren"]

"You are both blonde and attractive Peyton...this is my implication," he said calmly, "clearly giving you an inroads as his 'type'."

At the query she had regarding the method of mud flinging, Baros cringed slightly. With a subtle shuffle he moved a little closer to Peyton and took her hand in his. "Do not think that I am asking you to sleep with this man...he is utterly undeserving of that. You do not even have to be pictured. If only seen once, you could do enough to seed the thought in his new wife's mind that there is another woman in his life. Message him on his comms at an inappropriate time...leave notes...gifts...get a job as his secretary and flirt with him on the job and in front of his wife...anything you need to do, but I would not ask you to do anything more than concoct a rumour..."

He smiled a little. "...you know how to portray an image don't you? You have the image of control constantly."

Great, now her boss was sweet talking her. Wasn’t there something to prevent that? Like boss-employee…something? Yeah, probably not. Whatever. She could handle Baros. The biggest issue was he had a point. It might be easier, especially on her conscious to not kill.

Even if the killing was probably easier.

She ran her eyes up and down Baros as he grabbed her hand. She was fairly confident he didn’t have it in himself to kill, maybe to order a kill, but not to actually kill. Well, he seemed to have it all planned out. That was not a bad thing, got some of the thinking out of the way, and was going to find her a pattern to work with. She’d have to find a way to get the secretarial job, she really didn’t have the skillset for it. “Well, I suppose if its all back room things, I can probably manage that.” She laughed.

“I am sure I can work something out.” Peyton grinned. “I just don’t have anythin’ to wear…” Now that was the trick. And remembering to put her Core voice on.

"Your boss is the owner of a multiple fashion design outlets," Baros said with a smile, "I think we can find you something to wear."

Baros stood and made his way to the bar where he poured a nonalcoholic beverage for himself. "I look forward to seeing your work in the media..."

He turned back to Peyton and held out his own drink as a symbol of his offer. "Care for a drink. There is alcohol if you prefer it." Baros was quietly confident that whatever it was that Peyton would come up with, it would be perfect. She always got the job done and was a very savvy operator. It was good to have her on his pay sheet rather than another. He would honestly pay her a retainer just to prevent her abilities from being used against him.

At least he didn’t offer to pick something out for her. That was definitely easier for her. Would it really be that awkward? Maybe, but he’d also be telling her what he liked of her, and to be serious, who would turn that away? A drink though, that would be better.

“Yeah, that’d be a new field to break into, I’d have to say!” She watched him at the bar. Wasn’t Baros a drinker? Maybe because he was thinking now. “I’d not turn a water away.” If he was planning, she better be too.

So, secretary work? It might be a bit easier if I can just find him somewhere in public. Make a back story…” Of course, the blonde was merely plotting.
@[member="Baros Sal-Soren"]

Bringing the requested drink, Baros sat back down, legs crossed this time with a serious look on his face. "Please do not feel confined to my spitballing. Whatever plan you come up with will work well. Just don't tell me the details," he said his face relaxing into a smile, "plausible deniability and all."

Lifting his glass he motioned for a toast. "To success. May it be the light that guides you to your destination."

The spitballing, as he was calling it, almost added a sense of challenge to the whole operation. And by almost, Peyton meant it did. Which was nice. Something to pad her resume. Otherwise, there would be nothing to separate her from the more brutish thug men. She needed to work on her nuances. “I’ll just let you know when its done, but I’m sure you’ll experience that through the media.” She nodded, agreeing that plausible deniability was probably a smart bet.

Raising the water, she nodded. “To success.” She had some work in front of her. It was going to be interesting. “Do I have a time table?”

Raising the drink, Baros allowed the toast as a seal for their agreement. "Is yesterday possible?" He said with a glance at the holo. How he would love to see this particular worm/enemy crawling back into his cave already. "If not...next week."

Here's to business.

Finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom