Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Starstreak-class Space Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Image Source: here
Intent: To provide a new space mine to the market
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Lucerne Labs
Model: Starstreak-class Space Mine
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: None
Production: Mass-Produced.
Material: Carboplas shell, various electronics
Classification: Space mine
Size: Starfighter scale
Length: 2.5 meters
Weight: 450 kilograms
Ammunition Type: Heavy Energy Torpedo
Ammunition Capacity: 1
Effective Range: Long-Range (space)

Rate of Fire: Single

Special Features:
-Etheric rudder
-Passive FST or remote guidance fire control

Strengths:
Long range: Like conventional energy torpedoes, the energy torpedo carried on the Starstreak has a relatively long range.

Volatile: The Starstreak's contained energy torpedo is rather volatile. While this makes it rather dangerous for craft deploying it, it also makes it rather dangerous to clear at typical starfighter weapons range.

Starfighter deployable: The Starstreak's shell is based on that of the SJ-62/68, and thus can usually be deployed by certain bombers or other craft that have some flexibility in their ordinance payload.

Weaknesses:
Single-shot: This weapon is single use only, unlike the widely used Mine Type A, Mine Type B, or Defender Ion mines.

High Sensor Signature: Each Starstreak is easily detected over great ranges by most starships because the plasma in the warhead has a high heat signature. It's usually not hard for starships to spot it and simply maneuver around it.

Large Targets Only: The Starstreak lacks the maneuvering systems to be able to orient itself fast enough to be effective against starfighters, shuttles, freighters, small corvettes, and similarly sized starships.

Description: The Starstreak is a basic influence mine designed to lie dormant until it detects a starship with its full spectrum transceiver. The Starstreak then checks the IFF transponder to determine if it is a target. If it is not a known hostile code, it will not fire. Alternatively, the mine might be controlled remotely by a team from a starship or other installation. In this case, this crew will dictate to the mine what is and isn't an acceptable target. In this case, in the event of communications jamming, the mine will select and fire upon a target that matches the FST profile of a known hostile class.

Once it detects a valid target, it uses its Etheric rudder to orient itself to point its heavy energy torpedo at the target. Once it has a target lock, it releases this torpedo. The energy torpedo then surges forward towards its target. Since the mine only carries a single warhead, its combat use is over. However, it may be recovered at a later date and reloaded with a new warhead.

Primary Source: N/A

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom