Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

starship guide

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="sabrina"], It's possible with a good bit of effort, but I think the idea is that our new templates have been simplified or described to points where a guide is no longer necessary. People are still welcome to refer to the old guide for things such as armament though. I have without any problem. So you can still get a good general idea of things like tradeoffs, weapon modifiers and advanced systems that way when planning your Fac2.0 ships.

[member="sabrina"]

Honestly, I wish we would just use the "Starships of the Galaxy" guide. It's canon, and it actually covers all aspects perfectly. Granted it might need to be tweeked slightly, to allow for our custom creations where weapons are concerned. But overall it is the best ship creation guide i have ever seen, in my opinion anyway. *shrugs*

Edit: The problem is, it would mean a complete overhaul of what we have. And I don't see that happening.

Saera Willamina Savan

~+--- Skaidra ---+~ Beskarsmith, Alchemist
[member="sabrina"]
The only thing different is the addition of a shortcut armament scale system and a completely different speed scale system. I have been meaning to work on a visual graph that actually shows very accurately how Ship Guide 2.0 speeds and maneuverability translate to Factory 2.0 equivalents, since the new guide doesn't have set standards for things like the Assault and Support modifiers, et cetera. Everything else is judged pretty much the same.

Like what [member="Særa Ayña Savan"] said, the main differences are the armament scale system and the speed scale system. There is already a visual graph of the speed scale and the "generalization" of the ships is to make things a bit more user friendly. Also a guide really isn't necessary because of the templates being simpler. The notion was to allow people to create ships and get them posted so they could focus more on dev threads and actually not have take over a week or so to just get the template complete. So the guide really isn't necessary anymore, but the forum is always open to questions in http://starwarsrp.net/forum/476-factory-discussion/

Also the pretty awesome visual done by one of the Factory Judges Raz: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/39240-ship-speed-chart/

[member="sabrina"]

TL;DR edition: The guide will not be updated because of the templates being simpler and yay graphics from Raz

sabrina

[member="Spencer Jacobs"] hanger bays are different, and know their is no cruiser class. As it been put in with frigates and heavy cruisers. This is from what I can see.

There is a cruiser class, if you look at the drop menu with all the templates its there. Yes hangers are another difference. When the factory shut down there was a lot of changes made, but there's still a cruiser class it has its own template like its supposed too. [member="sabrina"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom