Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Stars and tide

Q1C3xHp.png

| Location | Scarif, Small Island
| Objective | Confront, Learn, Grow.

There were few souls Jenn respected more than those within the Mandokarla. Glory was not found in their ranks, and yet they served the Enclave in a position often overlooked by most: looking after the cohesion of the Mando'ade. Although she was, at times, a thoroughly uncomplicated soul who sought the simplicity and certainty of the Forge and its metal, the Nite Owl viewed the Kayatr'ade and the Mandokarla as two sides of the same coin. Capable warriors, to be sure, who chose to tend to the hearth, that the Karjr, Si'kayha and Bes'kyrade may return to a place fit for them to rest. To raise their families.

Making her peace with what she had become had taken time. And yet, even now, she found herself scared of what her nature could lead to. A hypnotic song, eyes capable of seducing others, an alluring and hauntingly alien form- all of these traits were part of who she was, who she had accepted herself to be. And sometimes, she found herself struggling not to give in, to follow the desire to make others see as she did. In this, the debate in the amphitheater had brought her no small amount of exhaustion. Doubly so in the wake of the bold raid.

And then, came that question. Stabbing right into her heart, and unearthing thoughts left dormant, for her own sake. Rarely ever stirred, and yet, here was the Speaker, pushing her finger against that sore spot, giving her no choice but to acknowledge it. Her discomfort was obvious, her gaze lost in the waves as she remained quiet for a long, awkward silence... and when she spoke, her voice was strained. Fear colored her words, to be sure, but the tremble behind every word betrayed tears threatening to spill out.

"I'm scared", admitted the Ersansyr simply. "They still live. Sometimes, I remember what they did to me, what they forced me to become. How powerless I felt in that tank. And I want... to see them erased from the galaxy, to know my tormentor is truly gone. An old friend of mine, Sith as well, offered me vengeance. Told me she could find whoever had done this to me, tear their head from their shoulders... or let me do the deed myself. I don't- I don't know what I should do."

:: SCARIF

Runi nodded when Jenn admitted her passionate feelings on the matter. Few wouldn't feel rage at the thought of such a captor. Very, very few. What had been done to her unbidden was a gross violation -- no matter how well it may have turned out, relatively speaking. Even the admission of being frightened was natural under the circumstances. Mandalorians trained to fight on battlefields, not to endure the indignities of being a living alchemical experiment.

"That you feel these things is natural, Jenn. That they have not consumed you is a testament to your will power." Some would have been violent beyond measure lashing out at the world. Others would have drawn in on themselves to escape it. While Jenn had in part done some of the latter, it could have been to a far greater extent. "If you do pursue them, do not do so alone. Your feelings would be used against you by the Sith. Companions -- not Sith -- could provide a counter to their manipulative ways."

Runi was not opposed to Jenn engaging her Sith friends -- or former friends, as some might be seen -- but they would be poor companions in any pursuit of justice. Perhaps if Jenn spoke to Zlova she would understand what you got from Sith allies was not always what you thought you'd signed up for.

"For now, you should stay with us in Resa. There will be time to plan your retribution, if that is what you decide to seek." Vengeance in and of itself was not bad. It was fraught with peril, but a Mandalorian could seek it and emerge better for it if they were not hasty or consumed by their passions. Runi hoped Jenn might use her circumstances to help others with similar -- albeit perhaps not the same -- circumstances. People that endured similar strifes better understood the thoughts and emotions that spawned from them.

Q1C3xHp.png

| Objective | Confront, Learn, Grow.

As ever, Runi's words brought comfort to Jenn's weary mind. Instead of judgement of any sort, she was given reassurances, comfort... kinship. The Speaker was not someone she should fear, but someone who sought to help her by offering her a way out of the mire she had found herself stuck in. But it would up to her to climb.

The meaning of her words was not lost on her, of course. Although she chose to remain truthful when addressed by the honored shaman, and thus made no secret of her ties to her friends among the Sith, she acknowledged the warning with a nod. Embarking on a quest for vengeance against her captor and tormentor (and, in a twisted way, creator) was one thing. Doing so with allies so intimately tied to the Dark Side... was another altogether, no matter how heartwarming it was to hear someone who should have been her foe offering her the head of the one who had dared to hurt her so. "They are my friends, still. It is... difficult, for me to let go of my bonds to them. But I see the wisdom in your warning, and I will do my best to heed it."

With her gaze turning from the comforting sight of Scarif's waters, the smith peered into the mystic's eyes once more, her exhaustion all too apparent as she gave her but a nod of assent. There was little more she could give her, not in the state of emotional turmoil she was in: with the worst of it now receding, she felt a soul-deep weariness. "My retribution can wait. I have already done enough damage to myself, to my bond with my cyar'ika - I must change, if I am to emerge from this time of strife as a person I can stand to look at in the mirror. I will follow you to Resa."

And with that, the humble, kind-hearted smith stood to her feet, picking up her buy'ce as she did so.

Runi nodded slightly. The Speaker wouldn't demand Jenn abandon her friends -- even if they were Sith -- but if she were to maintain that connection she would need to learn its... intricacies. Many Sith did not even fully comprehend the suffering they visited on themselves in their every day. They snide remarks. The underhanded dealings. The betrayal. Everything to stay or get a step ahead in an endless pursuit of power or authority. Jenn would be at her most vulnerable confronting her torturer; to trust in someone tempted by selfish pursuits to be there when she needed them most... It would not be wise. Could they be different? Perhaps. That was a potentially life-destroying roll of the dice.

After all the tension born of a restraint to hold everything back, Jenn looked the exhaustion she'd felt emotionally all this time. "And in that you will have whatever you need."

As they rose, Runi asked, "Did you arrive here on your own vessel?" Resa did not have a large spaceport, but if Jenn had her own vessel they could take it to the capital and leave it there. If she had come by other means then they could depart together without worrying over Jenn's material possession, which she might need after her recovery was complete.

If Jenn didn't reach out herself, the Speaker would also encourage her to inform her cyar'ika of her whereabouts or that she was seeking to work out the issues that had been plaguing them. Perhaps hearing of that turn would convince them to wait a little longer to see if Jenn rebounded. Runi was confident Jenn could patch things up with her cyar'ika and herself at the least.

Q1C3xHp.png

| Objective | Confront, Learn, Grow

Jenn shook her head at that.

"I tend not to. I take public transports - whichever I can find - to head to worlds like Wielu, Scarif, Kamino... harder to be tracked this way. Then, I find a beach private enough for my needs. And I swim, for however long I need to."

The Nite Owl stretched some: the fire had somewhat helped her to dry off, and even then, the wetness of her armor was hardly anything a merfolk would frown upon. If anything, she felt... ready to move on. To leave Scarif before the temptation to dive down below the waves became too strong - for she knew it would return, soon enough. The call of the sea was both a blessing and a curse to her, and resisting the desire to disappear from everyone's lives for extent periods of time was sometimes a difficult proposition.

No, Jenn was more than ready to join Runi. The only stop she asked for on their journey was a chance for her to try and contact her cyar'ika - which, to her chagrin, failed. Given the chance to leave a message, she inhaled deeply, steeled herself... and tried her best to push aside all of her exhaustion, her fears, her doubts- and leave her a message of hope. Gentle words, reassurances of her love- and above all, a promise that she sought to do better. Not for herself, but for the both of them. To return to Sam without the weight of it all hanging over her, resting over her shoulders.

A nod accompanied Jenn's response. "I, too, enjoy public transports at times." They afforded opportunities to meet or even corner people eluding a helping hand. "In this case, however, I brought my own." In some cases she didn't even bother with that, but only when secrecy was paramount. The Manda should not be used as a tool of convenience, after all. "I invite you to join me." An obvious proposition, but one she would make explicitly regardless.

Runi then took to smothering the flames for a few seconds. No need to leave to chance a stiff wind blowing a sliver of burning timber far enough to catch a blaze. She paused to look up at the starry sky as their eyes adjusted to the darkness. It was a different kind of ocean to the one that beckoned Jenn. One with currents just as deep, and wonders just as captivating.

"It is not far." The Shaman turned to lead the way back to the ship upon the island. Nothing truly was. Not when you took into account all the steps it took before that moment to begin the journey.

The ship was well maintained, but still a modest transport of sorts. Reliable, but not made with overly elaborate, sweeping curves. It had weapons, but was not busting full of armaments. The interior was clean, and lacked any sign of neglect. Even the seating was comfortable enough if not filled with some exotic fowl's feathers. And its communication system was good enough for Jenn to make use of whilst Runi occupied herself in piloting the vessel. "I have learned much in my time," was all she said.

It would be good to give Jenn somewhere to find herself again. Better if she stayed to learn to better understand the Manda, but the Briirud's doors were always open... to come or go. Not that many young Mandokarla ever actually left if they had a mind to join. Hopefully, Jenn would find more than she could have dreamed in Resa.

:: Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze
To Be Continued

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom