Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Starlight | Charlie

if they're watching anyways
Civil_try1.png

hJJw3Ng.png

S T A R L I G H T
Charlie Nooran Charlie Nooran

The small cruiser rocked as the shining lines of hyperspace reverted to specks of light in the darkness of the void. Only a few hundred meters portside was the otherwise empty star system’s asteroid belt. The system had no name, only a designation. Still, it was fascinating how the geography of the Deep Core could produce such unique celestial formations. The asteroids were far from the standard encrusted space rocks; these asteroids sparkled a brilliant green and were shaped like enormous crystals, dwarfing their tiny research vessel. Were the crystals dense enough to form their own gravitational ring, to resist being pulled into the sun? Or were they extremely light, allowing them to form in such a way without molding into a planet?

To starboard was the white dwarf, casting a warm light on the observation deck of the ASV Hyperion. It wasn’t as flashy as a red giant going supernova or even a neutron star, but there was a beauty in the simplicity of the star. Bundles of superheated gases slowly moving through the stages of nuclear fusion was the greatest gift given to life. In the darkness, light. In nothingness, life.

“I’m so excited.” As she had said, Auteme was indeed gushing with excitement. Most of the other scientists or observers were staying professional, but Auteme couldn’t hold herself back -- she was bouncing on the balls of her feet as she stared out the window expectantly. This was something special that she got to witness. Purrgill migrations were so often missed by the rest of the galaxy because of the great space whales’ aversion to the machines of the so-called sentient races. Their innate navigational sense allowed them to travel to places the other spacefaring creatures of the galaxy had never touched. Even in the Deep Core, one of the most perilous regions in the galaxy, the purrgills found their way.

Today, they were finding their way to PH-3405-8018-7633. Auteme was excited to see this stop of their migration. Still, she hadn’t wanted to come alone -- so just as Charlie had done, Auteme tricked the other padawan into accompanying her to someplace that she found fun in hope of giving the other a little fun, too.

It had been reasonably easy; Auteme had just told Charlie that the science vessel was in need of additional security. Something about pirates. It wasn’t a complete lie -- there were always scattered reports of pirates roaming the Deep Core. Auteme had come to understand why it was so easy and so essential that they were sneaky when dragging each other off on dates. Neither of them were confident enough to ask directly, so for now it was a game of deception. At least, until Charlie worked up the courage. It definitely wouldn’t be Auteme first.

Still, now that they were out, staring into the void of space, Auteme did feel a small swell of satisfaction. This was nice, if a little deceitful. She wanted to see how Charlie appreciated the galaxy. Visiting a unique star system while a herd of purrgills passed through just seemed like the right way to see it.

Last edited:

51c9a3047a58695781dfaa36e3882059b5823080.png

//: Seoulian Drama Dreams //:
//: Auteme Auteme //:
ba6232c0f5f2163448e310cacb604306cc77c842.png
As Auteme expressed her excitement over the adventure, Charlie huffed in the corner of the shuttle. Her gaze focused downward instead of out the window that she was sitting next to. In her hands, a small handheld device tinkered away with little blips as the Seoulian killed off aliens from invading her small ship. Charlie was a bit upset with Auteme for lying to her, she had fully expected to be decked out in battle gear swinging her mighty blade knocking pirates from her friend. The entire imagery in her head was quite theatrical.

Charlie imagined the shuttle cruising quietly as she snuggled close to her friend watching Seoulian Dramas. Charlie had built up the courage to hold Auteme’s hand again, but they were dramatically interrupted by invaders. Charlie dreamed of standing up gallantly, and grabbing the other Padawan and stared deeply into her eyes. A confession of love and a vow of protection would be shared between them. Charlie would put herself between the pirates and her love interest. It would be like a scene in one of the Seoulian dramas, the hero gallantly defending their love interest from the big bad guy of the story. Auteme, of course, would be begging Charlie to be careful and to return to her while clutching tightly to the slender frame of the Seoulian girl.

An epic battle would follow, where the hero got injured but would be nursed back to health by the gorgeous romantic lead.

While Charlie’s imagination rolled the credits to the epically romantic and cringy daydream, the Seoulian’s face would be extremely beet red, and a snicker would emit quietly from her.

It was nice to have quiet moments such as this, with everything that was happening back in the Alliance and the Shadows, Charlie had been busy. Her old mentor defecting to the Sith was a blow the Seoulian wasn’t ready to deal with. The last person to be a traitor was the Corellian, but it had happened. Auteme had been a breath of fresh air, even if she had lied to the Padawan. Charlie knew she couldn’t remain upset with her, but there was awkward energy between them.

As the daydream moved to the back of her mind, she shut off her game and thought quietly at what happened at the club. She had fallen flat on her face when she had tried to - Charlie groaned as she slapped her face several times with her hand. She was so dumb, why would she assume that’s the way that Auteme had wanted to go? Fists now made their way to Charlie’s eyes as she leaned against her hands. Stupid, stupid daydreams.

A look of determination washed over the Seoulian as she looked out the window. She stared at the lining of her reflection and pointed at it. You’re gonna get over this! You’re going to get over her! You’re cute and can have WHOEVER you want! The mental mantra went on for a little longer until a purrgill floated by. Charlie pressed her face against the glass and looked out. “They’re really fat, Auteme. Are we just here to watch them float around? Where are the pirates?”

They waited for a little longer. Charlie was occupied with her video game, but Auteme kept her eyes in the void. It seemed they were right on time -- a few minutes later, the purrgil herd emerged from hyperspace. There must've been a hundred of them gathered. A few of the smaller ones floated over to their ship, nudging the vessel curiously, but the rest headed towards the asteroid field.

"Charlie, look!" Auteme pointed, glancing over at her friend. Instead she saw... well, a lot.

Charlie was going through a lot. Red face, snickering, hiding her eyes, determination, pointing at her own reflection in the window. As it was they hadn't spent enough time together for Auteme to have a natural handle on Charlie's emotions, but from what she could sense there was a bit of lingering resentment. Probably the lying part. It wasn't a total lie. And Charlie had lied to Auteme. It wasn't a big deal, but she didn't want it to get in the way of anything.

She walked over and sat by the window as the purrgil passed close by. "Well, you probably already know, but... I mean, I'm not expecting any pirates to show up."

Auteme leaned against the glass. Honesty was the best policy.

"I, um... well, you know. I get... nervous, and stuff. And I didn't really know how to ask you out. Just thought we could get out like this, and I knew you wouldn't come unless I promised something you could hit," she said, laughing. "So yeah, we're gonna watch some fat space whales float around. And we're in space, so you can't escape."

Auteme grinned. Oh, what a devious plan she had devised.

//: Seoulian Drama Dreams //:
Auteme moved closer, and Charlie blinked, her head turned away quickly as she wanted to hide the blush scattered across her face. Feeling Auteme through the Force was too much for the K'paur, but to feel her near physically, it was overwhelming. A hand clutched her tunic slightly as a way to anchor herself to reality. As Auteme spoke and explained herself, Charlie nodded along and then turned her head back to the other Padawan. A toothy grin letting Auteme know they were excellent.

"It's okay. I totally lied to you to take you to that uh club." Her eyes trailed away, remembering her embarrassing performance. Her smile faded slightly as she watched the giant creatures float around in space. It must be such a freeing feeling to be floating around like they were doing. Charlie wondered if they had to deal with the teenage hormones she was dealing with right now. "Don't worry about it Auteme, I'm sure there's going to be something for me to hit." Snickering, she looked back and replayed the brief conversation in her head.

And I didn't really know how to ask you out.

What? Charlie's mind questioned what she had heard. She had to have listened to the other girl wrong. Why would she ask her out? The K'paur held her breath as she continued to think. Was this a date? Charlie's face showed the disbelief as she answered herself mentally, Nooooooooo, that's silly. None of it made any sense what so ever. Auteme wouldn't have asked her out for a date; if anything, they would hang out like they always did.

"You're funny, you just have to ask me to hang out - I'll always make time for you." She looked back at her friend, forcing a smile through the small chips of her heartbreaking. "We're best friends. Hanging out watching fat whales is what best friends do…" She looked back and stared at the whales, wondering what the heck they ate to get so big.

Oh.

Oh no.

"Oh."

Her face felt hot.

"I mean- yeah, of course- we, uh- oh... erm..."

There were only rare moments when Auteme felt like an idiot. This one was by far the worst.

Was it possible for her to have so colossally misread Charlie's intentions? Back at the club she'd told Auteme that she was pretty and tried to kiss her. Auteme thought they liked each other. Not all of that could have been in her head. She thought they'd decided to be together, but then again Charlie hadn't been all there. Maybe she'd taken Auteme's response to the attempted smooch as rejection?

No... what if Charlie was trying to signal she just wanted to be friends?

Auteme felt silly for trying to set this up. She should have tried to be clearer and ask Charlie about it. Her hands came up to cup her face as she stared away, out the window of the ship at the fat space whales. Now she didn't know if she could even enjoy that.

She took a few deep breaths before glancing over at Charlie. Maybe she was hallucinating it again but it seemed like the Seoulian was sad. This was stupid and bad. What was going on? Her nervousness and embarrassment held her back for a long, quiet minute.

Auteme already felt like an idiot, so she concluded that the only reasonable course of action was to lean in. So, lean in she did -- she made sure to place her hands on Charlie's face so she wouldn't miss.

She placed her lips on Charlie's, and kicked herself for not having been clear enough sooner. Auteme could only hope that a kiss was clear enough, and that she wasn't as stupid as she thought she was.

//: Crush //:

Charlie had settled into just enjoying the quiet of space and the moment away from everything that was happening back on Coruscant. Her mind began to drift, seeing the dumb fat whales just living their life without any care in the world. They just lumbered along, making their dumb fat whale noises and just living their lives. Charlie sighed softly as the tightness in her chest lingered. Her mind continued to work over what Auteme had said and then what happened at the club. Failing like she did was moronic, what was even worse is that she assumed she had a chance.

Auteme just had to point it out back at the club, she had to point out Charlie's feelings to herself. The K'paur had wanted to bury those feelings for the smartest girl in their class. Charlie wasn't the most intelligent; she was able to keep up with the middle of the pack; she excelled more in physical classes - yet that wasn't' impressive. A hand tightened against her tunic as she couldn't help but feel the aching pain coursed through her heart.

Was this heartbreak? The Padawan didn't know much about anything about these emotions. Maybe that's why they called them crushes because when they didn't work out - it hurt. Another soft sigh as she continued to work things out in her head. Auteme had dated Ryv Karis, the popular Sword of the Jedi. GAH! How could Charlie ever compete with that?! Another reason why Auteme was out of her league. Feeling the strain of her own thoughts, Charlie pressed her head into her seat and frowned.

Could you ever feel the same way about me?

The girl's head was a mess, and she decided to try and push it all from her mind. Auteme wanted to watch fat whales, and fat whales are what they were going to do. Unknown to the Padawan, Auteme had moved closer to her. "You know they're really dumb-" As Charlie turned her head to face Auteme, the other Padawan placed her hands on Charlie's face. Confused at the entire thing, Charlie gave an awkward smile and let her eyes glance around quickly, avoiding Auteme's gaze. Looking into the other girl's eyes scared her, especially being this close to her. "Hey Aute--"

Before Charlie could question what was happening, she felt a pair of lips against her own. They were soft and had a fruity taste to them. Automatically, Charlie felt the sudden urge to eat strawberry yogurt or eat a banana - something sweet like Auteme's lips.

Like Auteme's lips.

Like.
Auteme's.
Lips.

That were on her lips. Charlie's eyes went wide as she forgot how to breathe, how to exist. Her head went spinning in every which way, and hot air blew from her nose and into Auteme's face because WHERE ELSE WOULD IT GO!? Panic settled in, but everything was moving so slow. Charlie had no idea what to do. Next, her eyes darted from side to side, and mentally she wanted to chuckle because of how her vision made Auteme into a cyclops. Hehehehe.

What was she supposed to do in this situation? Oh right, Charlie was supposed to enjoy her first kiss and return the kiss so that Auteme knew that she enjoyed it. Why was she thinking so much? They never thought this much in the Seoulian dramas, there was usually some dramatic music playing when the protagonist kissed. Charlie thought about her favorite scene, and the music that generally played was dramatic yet incredibly romantic. Awkwardly, Charlie closed her eyes and leaned into the kiss. Her heart raced, and her hands flailed for a moment but reached out and slowly caressed along her innocent crush's jaw.

Auteme had soft skin, Charlie made a special note about it, and that her hypothesis was right. As she relished at the moment, her other hand reached out and did her best to pull Auteme closer. There was a need to quell the physical desire to have her close. Despite how much her skin burned from the blush and having the other girl so close.

Last edited:
The kiss let Auteme's mind reset; for a brief few moments her mind was blank, only permeated by the warmth of the other padawan's lips against hers. Neither of them were experienced in the smooching department. Maybe it wasn't fantastic, but it felt good to her. She talked a lot, but actions spoke louder than words. For a few moments her heart slowed and she felt calm.

Just as her thoughts and nervousness had left, they came rushing back to her.

Why had she done that? There were other people on the observation deck, that might make them uncomfortable. She couldn't tell if Charlie was entirely reciprocating. Auteme didn't want to pressure anyone into anything, and she knew how nervous and a little skittish Charlie could be in social situations.

Still, the scariest thing on her mind came as Charlie pulled her a little closer. She was actually kissing Charlie. Was she even ready for a relationship? Already their communication was horrible, and they were awkward and so different... Auteme didn't know how ready she was for a relationship. If she rushed things they wouldn't work out. If it took her too long to see Charlie's flaws or find her own in a relationship, things would fall apart just like last time.

But Auteme was nothing if not a hard worker. She'd figure things out, build it all up right beside Charlie. That was the great part about any relationship -- she wasn't alone. She was never alone.

Their lips finally parted, and all that thinking -- which Auteme thought was pretty sound -- fell out of her brain immediately.

"I... haa... sorry, I just, I, um..." Her tongue was lead in her mouth, and her face was on fire.

"I'm sorry for being so sudden!" She squeaked. "I just didn't want there to be a misunderstanding or anything because the way you've been talking made it seem like you just wanted to be friends but I wasn't sure because I thought you tried to kiss me at the club and maybe I was wrong but it also kind of seemed like you were into our kiss so I'm hoping I'm right because I like you a lot because you're fun to be around and I kind of like that I can make you nervous sometimes and you always appreciate me and I thought you would want to be my..."

Her rambling finally slowed as her brain caught up with her mouth, but that only caused her to worry more as the words got caught in her mouth. "My... you know, my... my..."

//: Dense //:
The kiss ended, and Charlie was left with her eyes closed, hoping that it would come back. Auteme pulled away from her loose grasp, and the Seoulian blinked her eyes open and stared at the other Padawan. What was going on? Her mind raced a mile a minute. She had no idea what to do next, was she supposed to lean in for another kiss? Auteme started to talk, thank the Force. Charlie knew she had no idea what to say. She followed along, but her eyes focused on Auteme’s face, then her lips and ever so slowly down the slender frame of her partner in crime. Catching herself as she let her imagination run wild, she looked back up into Auteme’s eyes as her face turned an even deeper crimson.
Auteme stammered, and Charlie did her best to follow along, but the urge to kiss the other Padwan again grew. What were these feelings that made her breathless when even thinking about anything that pertained to Auteme? Charlie did her best to focus on her breathing, she felt as if even the deep breaths she was taking did nothing for her oxygen intake. She always felt out of her breath, but Auteme seemed fine. Well, she was more experienced, Charlie told herself. She had a boyfriend before even kissing Charlie and probably had kissed a lot of people.
Charlie touched her lips gently, the sticky and wax feeling left behind from Auteme’s lip balm clung to her lips. A reminder of what just happened. Charlie looked up, brown eyes staring as deep as she could into the soft viridescent gaze. The younger girl leaned forward, moving in to kiss the other, but she was halted by the stammering question that seemed not to want to leave Auteme’s lips. Charlie tilted her head in curiosity, she couldn’t figure out what she was trying to say to her.
Deciding to try and help, Charlie smiled brightly and quipped, “Friend? Of course, Auteme! I’ll be your friend - but I thought we already were friends? I mean, I’d go as far as say you’re close to being my best friend.” Charlie placed a hand on her chin as she thought quietly over the question. It as something she didn’t expect to come out of the girl - especially when the understanding was already there that they were friends.
Yet, she went with it happy again as her intelligence possibly saved the day, but more likely ruined it. “Can I kiss you again?”

Auteme was so wrapped up in her own thoughts that she failed to notice the shift in Charlie's mannerisms or her slow approach closer to Auteme's face. But when the other padawan gave an odd reply to her half-asked question, she was reminded of how close they were.

As bad as a time it was for it, she was brought back to the first time she'd kissed Ryv. She didn't exactly have any other experience to draw on. Still, in the moments after they'd kissed Auteme had felt intoxicated. She rarely thought of the physical side of things, but then she'd had something akin to lust, except... well, she didn't want to do the thing. Was that how Charlie felt? Auteme had never thought she might have been able to cause something like that in someone else-

Did Charlie just friendzone her and then ask for a kiss? Auteme didn't know much about relationships but she was pretty sure that wasn't how things were supposed to go.

"What? No! Well- I mean, yes, to the kiss, that's good of you to ask and I'm sorry that mine was so sudden... um anyways I didn't mean friend!" She squeaked. "I- I meant girlfriend! Not like, girl-space-friend, but like... girlfriend. One word. You know. Like, romantic, and stuff, because you know, we just kissed, and..." Auteme kept mumbling stuff, her gaze slipping away from the other girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom