Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Stare Into the Sun: The Path Back

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

WEARING: Outfit, Force Talisman
TAGS: Aleena Aryss Aleena Aryss

The Talisman around his neck seemed to grow heavier by the day. His presence on Coruscant a near constant to assuage some worries about his allegiances. But without correcting the deeper issue, his visits to the jedi temple were beginning to physically weigh on him.

And devour his spirit.

The scars that covered him were thrumming in contest with the light side of the force. Making a futile stand against the presence of healing energy that was a constant buzz in his mind. Body. And soul.

Some days it was a dull thing, like a gnat that circled the head. The metaphorical swatting more a matter of focus than anything else. Idleness finding his attention dominated with tracing the source of the noise than the minute task at hand.

Other days.

Other days he wanted to seek shelter off world. To escape from the whole thing and burn hard for a dark side source. Replenish his stores and return to push forward.

He just wasn't so sure how everyone might feel about such and endeavor. And the swirling echoes of something else in his mind kept pushing worries onto him.

Walking the halls out of the temple, finishing another meeting to further the psychological evaluation, he felt warning to the prelude of what was to come.

His skin felt tight, as though drawn to tan. Joints aching as if the weather was changing. Vision blurring while bright speckles dotted his view.

His stomach seemed to cartwheel, and found himself pressing a hand to the wall to keep himself steady.

"Feth." Muttered beneath his breath as he tried to remember where he was. Tried to figure the way outside and watched the hallways twirl. Rapidly blinking to adjust his gaze to something that seemed fixed in place.

Shadows crept into his peripherals.

His steps sounded as though the ground would split ahead of him. The walls suddenly crowding him as the phosphenes slowly dimmed. The highlighted edges of the world growing dull and muddled.

His hand finally found something as a sharp chirp sounded, but the muscles fought back as the tips of his fingers went numb. The whole of his hands feeling like he'd dipped it into an ice bath before he lost feeling. A slow fire crept in to replace the numbness.

The panel angrily glowing red as he pressed another of the buttons. Lungs heaving as the panel glowed bright green and shone through.

He felt tired, cold, and hungry.

The door opened, the difference in air pressure helping draw him forward. The fire spread from the tips of his fingers with a speed he couldn't comprehend.

His whole body tensing at the sudden burst in pain that dominated the rest of his senses, wiped away the feelings of hunger and exhaustion.

Brought his world to a narrow focus of steps into a room he could no longer see.

His eyes clenched as he hugged himself, a stuttered step into what he could only hope was a decent place to hide until the sensation had run its course.

JediTemple-Deceived.png

div-green.png
Tag: Tarish Galland

After yet another meeting about the state of the war and the preparations for its aftermath, Aleena walked through the halls of the Temple with her datapad tucked between her arm and chest. She was a little tired from all the meetings and appointments to help those who returned injured to the Temple, but she would never complain about it. Nothing made her feel more fulfilled than having a lasting impact on someone's future through Healing.

Now, several sessions later, she was on her way to return her reports to the Halls of Healing, and make her final round through the Temple to take care of some of its flora. It wasn't something she needed to do, but it was one of her favorite ways to spend her free time at the Temple.

It had recently also helped her develop plants with healing properties, so helping them grow would only be helpful to the limited group of healers.

Several hallways later, Aleena suddenly heard a bleep on her datapad and looked down to read a message she received. While looking down, her finger searched for the panel on the wall to open the next door. She didn't realize, however, that it slid open before she even touched it, so she stepped forward and straight into someone else's path.

With eyes widened, her smaller frame was knocked onto its rear, and the impact sent her datapad sliding across the floor. Immediately, she looked up to see who she had stumbled into, but she didn't recognize the man. "I'm so sorry. I... wasn't looking where I was walking." She looked at him apologetically for a few seconds but then noticed something.

And felt something.

"Uhm, are you okay?" She pushed herself up to her feet, her deep blue eyes searching for his, before shifting down to look him over.

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

The sudden bump sent him slowly backwards, the hug around himself unbroken as he leaned against and then slowly slid down the wall.

"S'fine..." He coughed, curling into himself a bit tighter as the feeling of the wall against his back focused the bulk of pain there.

Nightmares had woken him in such a way when sleep did decide to give him some relief. The question of his well-being almost lost between the focus on trying to stand again, and the confusing work of sorting out how to make his legs work.

"Burns... Pain... Thirst." What he could manage between breaths as he tried to focus on the being in front of him.

Radiant in the Force, if he hadn't already been squinting he might have closed his eyes. For how much he felt the familiar sensations of burning alive once more, he shivered in place.

JediTemple-Deceived.png

div-green.png

The second he began sliding down the wall, Aleena was on the move and crouched down beside him to take a closer look. She had no idea what kind of condition was tormenting him, but she knew that she'd be able to take away much of his pain. So after quickly tugging some blonde locks behind her ear, she reached for his arm and tapped into the Force.

Her deep blue eyes began to faintly glow, and her pure, calming presence extended from her to wrap around Tarish like a blanket. She wasn't healing him just yet, but she was trying to take away the intense pain she felt from him.

"Focus on my voice and steady your breathing," Aleena said, her voice soft as it projected the innocent kindess from her heart. "Steady the flow of the Force through your body, and I'll be your guide to take away your pain."

Her hand gently settled against his arm and her glowing blue eyes searched for his to form the connection she needed.

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

Someone was close to him. A fact he could do nothing with as he tensed and kept himself from breaking his teeth from grinding them so hard to abate the pain. He couldn't tell if it was their radiant presence or the phantom pains that caused his head to spin.

Slowly he worked through the confusing sensations. Slowly pushed through the blinding lights that dotted his vision as though a series of stars had gone supernova.

Orange eyes stared into blue.

"Easy. Easier sa-" He hacked, diaphramn unwilling to let go of the pressure that his body believed would keep him safe. "Said. Than. Than-dun."

One hand clenching and pulling so tightly, the material of his jacket began to sheer along his elbow. His head painfully tilted back as he tried to speak again.

"Ne-necklace. Off." The only bit of instruction he could give as his scar began to glimmer with a dull orange.

The dark side slowly unraveling itself from the stranglehold he had on it. The only bit of sense he was able to maintain through the years.

The only way to stay hidden when his body was wracked with debilitating phantom pains.

His connection nothing less than erratic until her words soothed the jagged lines of his mind. Something behind them warm and inviting against the usual feelings of fear and paranoid caution.

A deliberation that felt like eons passed, and culminated in his letting go of control. Allowing himself to be guided instead of fighting against the torrent.

JediTemple-Deceived.png

div-green.png

Her blue eyes turnes to the talisman around his neck and she instantly understood his instructions. The item had a darker feeling in the Force, so perhaps it was the reason for his agony? But if that was the case, why was he wearing it around his neck and walking through the Temple with it? Right now, she didn't have any answers but she had to place her trust in him and do what she could to help him out.

"Alright, just stay calm. It'll be alright," she tried to assure him while she leaned forward and gently pulled his body way from the wall. Her arms slipped around him and, hopefully without hurting him, she removed the necklace and set it aside.

Aleena then gently let his body rest against the wall again, but her hand, small and warm, took hold of his and she held it up between them. Her glowing blue eyes remained fixed on him, and through the Force she looked for a natural connection.

A pathway that would allow her take away his pain and replace it with her strength.

"Follow the flow of the Force through your body. Feel it shift like the tides and help guide it along with me," she told him, her tone soft and projecting the same warmth her eyes did.

"I can only take away your pain if we find the source within you."

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

The Talisman removed, he could feel the light seep into every part of his body. The pain amplified briefly as he pushed it aside to find the first source.

Her touch was gentle and burned in the same moment.

He couldn't argue or even joke in the moment, his voice almost stolen by the onset of more pain as she advised him to remain calm.

A barely there nod the only response he could manage as he let the force flow. Let the wave pass through and out. Let his mind settle into the slow push and pull that was around him.

His time with the Sith had remade his thinking, taught him to take from the force than work alongside it.

To grab at the running water and bend it to his will rather than channel it to do so.

Now, he surrendered himself to the feeling that surrounded him. Let himself be swept up into the current. The pain becoming more and less with each breath as it made itself known. His skin burned, a myriad of old wounds that scored the surface clear down to the bone and tissue beneath.

A veritable map of his body that had been sewn together with sith rituals. Kept aflame by the dark energy tied into his being. To keep him angry and hurt.

Tethered to the dark with his mere existence.

His nervous system thrummed with dark energy that fought her presence. That fought her even with the connection of their hands. He breathed deep, welcoming the energy from her with that breath.

JediTemple-Deceived.png

div-green.png

She had never felt or seen anything like this before.

With her healing hand guiding the tides of the Force as it flowed between them like waves, Aleena tried to flush his system of pain and darkness. But in doing do, she was not only resisted, but threatened to be swept up in the powerful waves herself. Sweat began to run down her forehead, forcing her blonde locks to stick to them, and her muscles tensed.

"That's it, keep yourself open," she told him through a clenched jaw. His pain was slowly becoming her pain as well, but nothing that happened would ever get her to stop. She had sworn an oath to help those who needed it, and she'd commit to that promise until her last breath was drawn.

"If you lean on me, do you think you can walk?" Aleena asked once she felt that her healing had taken away enough of his suffering. "I have some special plants that can help you as well. In the halls of healing."

If he agreed and was ready, she'd do her best to help him up. Aleena wasn't physically very strong and she often seemed timid and reserved. But when it came to situations like this, nothing could shatter her determination.

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

Like lancing a wound, there was a slow ease to the pain after the initial draw. The burning settled, the memory of the firey consumption that had taken him easing while he let himself press against the wall.

The urge to sleep taking its place as the force seemed to come with warmth. A welcome wash of comfort which compared to what had threatened to drag him down beneath the depths.

For all the effort she had put forward, the pain was down to a level he hadn't thought possible in a long time.

His body ached as if dropped from great heights and landed whole by sheer luck. The scars glimmering faintly now, flickering between a hushed sunset and silence. The dark that clung to him withdrawing to a deeper place within him.

Pain still lingered, but enough had been dealt with to return his voice.

"I can't promise. Anything, but," His eyes opening feeling fresh from a stupor to properly look at her. "Effort, will be, there."

A few deep breaths reminded him that everything felt raw. His ribs making him wince at the slightest pressure. His eyes with a painful throb of a steady drum. His digits tingling from the slow return to function after numbness had settled in. But the burning had settled into what felt like a horrid burn rather than being thrown into a supernova.

"Thanks." A sound that fell between relief and hope as he pushed himself off the wall to his hands and knees. His stomach preparing itself to somersault as he slowly rose, one hand to the wall and the other taking the healers help.

His legs shook with the effort to be upright.

"Not my best. Day." He forced a chuckle, regretting it instantly as his chest tightened. He leaned into her, the shaking of his legs steadying enough to act as more than just twigs to stand on.

JediTemple-Deceived.png

div-green.png

"No need to thank me," she assured him while she watched as Tarish pushed himself onto his hands and knees. Aleena was quick to lean in closer to take one hand, so she could help him up. It was a struggle, especially after she had spent much of her energy getting him to this point, but she wasn't giving up.

And neither was he.

A long breath of air escaped her lips when they finally managed to stand, but to keep them steady, she took his arm and brought it around her shoulders. "The Halls of Healing isn't far from here and luckily..." she paused to smile. "...we don't have to go up or down any stairs."

One of the many advantages of clever design.

"It might not be your best day, but I'll try to change that," she said with a chuckle of her own, as they slowly passed through various hallways together. Eventually, they reached the halls of healing, where she brought him over to one of the medical beds and did her best to gently set him down.

"Now that you're able to talk, can you tell me your name? And do you have any idea what caused all of this?" she asked, her hand coming up to tuck her blonde hair aside. This was finally a brief moment of rest for her, but she was quick to return to work by grabbing together a few things.

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

It wasn't the first time he'd been led off to the healing quarter, but it still always felt like the longest walk in the galaxy. His arm wrapped around her shoulders, he gave her the best of his attention at the mention to a lack of stairs.

"Good. My legs are stupid. And we're both... Bah." All he could manage at the end was a disgusted grunt to explain how they were both likely feeling.

His hobbling walk not getting much better as they moved through the halls.

The lingering shakes of his legs only settling when they reached the medical bed.

"It's already gotten better, with your company. No one's been around, when I've been, like this. Usually." He explained, still having to manage speaking between breaths.

She asked his name, and what was ailing him. But the matter of explaining was something that made him click his tongue sharply.

"Tarish. Galland. As for the cause. Well. I uh. I'm. It's uh, it's complicated. But I guess we have a second, huh?"

JediTemple-Deceived.png

div-green.png

"Bah is an understatement." She didn't look at him and kept her eyes in front of her to make sure they didn't trip, but there was a noticeable smile tugging at the corners of her lips. She was already exhausted, and she knew this was only the beginning of his treatment. Still, she managed a smile.

She loved her work.

Once inside and with Tarish settled on the medical bed, she grabbed together some tools, but her focus seemed to be on some potted plants in the corner.

"It's already gotten better, with your company. No one's been around, when I've been, like this. Usually."

If it wasn't for the fact that she had turned her back to him, Tarish would have been able to see her cheeks color red. But perhaps his senses would pick up on the sudden nervousness of the Jedi Knight. "Oh uh, I'm glad I can help." she tried to smile but in her nervousness, dropped a metal tool, and immediately cringed as it banged on the floor. Aleena was quick to crouch down to pick it up and shifted up to her feet again with even more embarrassment written all over her face.

Tarish.

Getting his name seemed to help, and she nodded. "You can call me Aleena, or Knight Aryss if you're feeling formal." She chuckled happily and turned back to her plants. Once more, her eyes began to glow, and it seemed her blonde locks were almost floating around her head, as she tapped into the Force and... made a plant rapidly grow in the dirt.

"We do have some time, so anything you can tell me that might help... please don't hold it back."

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

The seated spot offered him a wonderful view of the place he'd found himself in. The pain no longer causing his vision to blur and spin as he focused on the healer in question.

If he'd been a padawan, he might have missed the subtle shift.

But part of his graduation to knighthood had been the awareness others were so keen to dismiss. And her dropping a tool didn't help the small grin that formed. Amusement plain on his face as he leaned forward a bit.

"I feel bad taking up all your time." He spoke quietly, watching her, at least until she turned away again. And not wanting to be caught paying her too much attention turned away."If you need help with anything, uh, when I'm not... like this. Just let me know."

He kept glancing, even with reminding himself to not stare, to see if she'd turned back to him. When she offered a name, he waited, leaning to the side to see what she was doing when her presence in the Force seemed to physically appear.

"Aleena? Or Knight Aryss. Mm. So Aleena Aryss huh? Pretty name." He mumbled, before frowning.

"Well. I'm uh. Technically sithspawn. And yes. The temple knows I'm here. Noble is trying to help me with, fixing my condition. But this is one of the uh, side effects I guess." He held a hand up, flexing the numb digits before sighing.

"I. Well. I died a while ago. But. The ritual that uh, brought me back. Didn't. Fix. Anything that, had happened to me."

JediTemple-Deceived.png

div-green.png

"I need you to sit still and rest," Aleena said, her tone not condescending but sweet and kind once more. She had mostly recovered from her moment of embarrasment, but she definitely kept her back turned him a little longer than necessary to keep him from seeing her face bright red.

When she turned to face him, her cheeks were still a soft rosy color, but she smiled brightly in his direction. "That's right but please just call me Aleena," she insisted before joining him by the side of his bed again.

Then, an explanation for his condition followed, and for just a moment or two, Aleena blankly stared at him. She shouldn't have been surprised that something darker was involved, but to hear he was a sithspawn, and that he had died was... surprising.

Still, her smile did not fade.

"I'm glad the Masters Noble are helping, but they are not healers." She tucked some of her hair aside again and looked him over for a moment. Now that he didn't seem to be dying anymore, she could actually look at him as more than a patient in dire need, and behind all of his pain, she saw something that made her heart race a little faster.

"This is Nysillin, a healing plant," Aleena said to snap herself out of her thoughts in an attempt to focus again. "I can use it to make something that will keep the pain suppressed. It'll give me time to try and help you."

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

The grin grew just a bit more.

"Sitting still. Hasn't ever been a skill I'm well versed in. I guess I could try for you though." While he was being sincere, the idea of sitting idle was one that genuinely bothered him.

Leaning back, he tried settling enough to let only his hands fidget.

"Mm. Maybe not healers, but good friends. A balm for the soul at least." He informed her, scooting to the side a bit in an effort to get comfortable. Trying to keep his fidgeting to a minimum.

Even if he kept stealing glances at her, especially to follow her hand when she looked at him. It didn't help to notice she seemed a bit flush. Another time he might have brushed the thought aside, let the healer do their work without a word.

But he'd seen what a healer would do to keep a patient going.

"Aleena it is." The only comment he managed as she seemed to snap herself out of a stare. "That would be fine. I would, I mean. You..."

He grumbled at himself, reaching out to rest his hand on hers.

"Can, can I ask a favor?" He tried a different approach than simply making demands.

"Could I watch you work? Probably easier if you sat down, for me to see. While you
work, I mean. Please?"

JediTemple-Deceived.png

div-green.png

"Please, it helps me a lot," Aleena said regarding sitting still. The last thing she wanted was to accidentally hurt him while she worked, so as difficult as it was, she would appreciate it immensely. On a more personal level, it also helped her work more steadily now that she felt a little more nervous.

Normally, she always viewed people here as patients and nothing more. She stayed completely detached and offered her skills as treatment the best she could. But the way he looked at her and talked made it nigh impossible to work with that mindset.

Then he placed his hand on hers, and every bit of composure went out the window. She stood frozen, turned bright red and slowly shifted her head to look at him, even though it was so hard to make eye contact now. "Uhm...yes, of course. One moment." She smiled, turned around again and ran both bands up against her face before letting her fingers slip through her hair.

She then walked over to a nearby table and dropped the plants into a machine. The sound of a grinder and other tools followed, and out came a cup with a green liquid inside.

Aleena took a small breath, turned to him as cool and calm as she could, then walked over to slowly sit down beside him. "Drink this. It doesn't taste great but it will let me help you far better. You uh, should probably sit up a little though." She was ready to assist him with a gentle touch and careful hands if he needed it.

"Once you drank it all, I want to try and tap into your inner Force Pathways. It's a more...personal experience, but I can very effectively heal people through them."

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

"Ah. Please. My only weakness." While he didn't enjoy the thought, he did manage to remain still.

It was the least he could do when he saw the bright shade of red she turned when he touched her hand. Her hands busy for the moment when she turned away, he focused on the ceiling and leaned back.

His eyes glancing sideways at her the entire time until she turned to approach again. He didn't shake off the help she offered, maybe even playing up how difficult it was to sit up to get her help.

"What helps doesn't usually taste great." He offered before taking the cup in question.

Most usually made the mistake of sniffing or even taking a cautious sip.

Tarish however treated it like a shot, up-ending the glass when it touched his lips and trying to finish it as quickly as he could.

The first try didn't succeed, and he was forced to linger after the first large swallow of the drink.

"Oh that's... that's a very particular... froof." The best descriptors that weren't outright curses shared as he held the glass and stared as though it had grown limbs suddenly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom