Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Squadrons

I didn't see a thread for it but after the trailer somewhat hopeful. I don't know if it will be great, I have that battlefront 2 fear where it will take 2 years to get back to being decent but maybe just maybe after Fallen order this will give some momentum for star wars games.

Also I saw EA offering a discouunt on the pre-order when I was trying for my daily kills to unlock the old master skin and I gave in. 34 bucks was hard to pass up.

The few details about 5v5 and no microtransactions could be nice. With Alphabet Squadron (NUCanon) and Rogue/Wraith (Legends) being the classic. Hoping the campaign if it is short will be replayable.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Priced on Steam at half the price of typical Triple-A Titles, it's difficult not to be skeptical about what Squadrons will offer. However, with fond memories over games like X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter and Rogue Squadron, I want to dream and believe that this will have the potential to hit some comparable high selling points here.

While not knowing much about what to expect, I have also Pre-Ordered via Steam.

Loved Tie Fighter and X:Wing Alliance. Of course I am ordering this. EA got its redemption notice with Fallen Order and fans showed they would pay for an actual good game. Now lets see if they can follow up on it properly...because making a game like that for PC is decent but if they try console porting it...I do not think it will end to well.

It mentions more to engines and shields so that basic mechanic be back...I just hope we can jump to systems still, pick up objects, fly a ton of ships and be moddable.

Saw this and wanted to post it before this got any further. Bolding my major issues.

• All Wings Report In – Plan skirmishes with your squadron in the briefing room before taking off to the evolving battlefields across the galaxy. Compete in intense 5 vs. 5 multiplayer dogfights or unite with your squadron to tip the scales in monumental fleet battles. Together, you’re the galaxy’s finest.
  • Master Legendary Starfighters – Take control of different classes of starfighters from both the New Republic and Imperial fleets – including the agile A-wing and the devastating TIE bomber. Modify your ship, divert the power between its systems, and destroy your opponents in strategic space dogfights.
  • Live Your Star Wars Pilot Fantasy – The cockpit is your home. Use its dashboards to your advantage and – with just a thin hull of metal and glass between you and the perils of space – feel the intensity of combat from a first-person perspective. Take off in thrilling multiplayer modes and a unique single-player Star Wars story, which covers a key campaign near the conclusion of the Galactic Civil War. Immerse yourself in the pilot’s seat completely with the option to play the entirety of Star Wars: Squadrons in VR.
  • The Mission is Clear – Star Wars: Squadrons is a fully self-contained experience from day one, where you earn rewards through play. Climb the ranks and unlock new components like weapons, hulls, engines, shields, and cosmetic items in a clear path for progression that keeps gameplay fresh and engaging.

That right there just spelled the gong of a near death kneel. What the hell. 5 vs 5? What actual universe would we want 5 v 5? How the hell do we have large guilds participate in large scale battles? That is embarrassing considering X-Wing/Tie Fighter would allow you to have up to 24 and sometimes more!

Modify your ship is more questionable. This sounds like mod to win and that is not a good sign. Connecting to the fourth for new hulls, engines and shields, I am really really REALLY hoping this is not some progression call of duty bullcrap where luck to get the right items wins it all.

Finally they are doing the split. Glad to see multiplayer in %(*#in 5 v 5 and single player. Anyone else got vibes from Battlefront 2 here? You know, the single player story that did so poorly that people blasted it and nuked it? Or the multiplayer when it first dropped on how overly play to win it looked? This almost looks like a repeat.

I still reserve judgement when it comes out but by damnation, this looks like a dumpster fire already. I am staying out till the gameplay is released tommorow June 18th. More so, they are going to have to answer to a lot of players who would like possibly more than TEN people in a SPACE BATTLE VIDEO GAME! Facepalm

EDIT: I held off ordering it till I see gameplay and other issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom