Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Wars Sports!

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Barak"]
I'll try to get it up tonight. Trying to juggle laundry and post at the same time lolol

Also, if more people are interested in controlled, PvP gladiatorial matches, shoot me some PMs or post up or somehow let me know. I'm a Hutt. Gladiatorial matches are mah thing, y'all.

@[member="Popo"]
I WANNA BE IN THE GLADITORIAL ARENA'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I problebly will be a warrior so that way I can leave at anytime since gladiators are slaves :3 .

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
@[member="Barak"]
Generally speaking, not really. I mean, sure, they'll toss slaves at each other, but I plan on doing this Roman style, down to Popo wearing a karking toga. Gladiators are pretty much treated like professional athletes. Great pay, a cut of the winnings, health benefits, holo coverage, five star rooms... you name it lol You wanna go part time? Sure, we can do that. You want to be full time? Sure, we can do that, too. Just so long as the killing blows are held off for judgement by the owner of the arena (really, it'd be the decision of the losing writer, but the go ahead would be given by whoever was overseeing the fight, blah blah blah yay Rome), I can't see any problems. Just good ole one on one PvP combat filmed and fed to the masses galaxy-wide.

also roman style gladiator aren's made in the rome times the gladiators were slaves unless they won the championship so that's why I said warrior :)

but now that that's cleared up then maybe I might have gladiator title and what not .... but if that happens then I wont be able to be a mercenary ....

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Barak said:
also roman style gladiator aren's made in the rome times the gladiators were slaves unless they won the championship so that's why I said warrior :)
Aaaaactually, not quite. On the fringes of Roman territory, maybe, but generally speaking, movies like Spartacus and such weren't very accurate. Actually, Spartacus is accurate, but that was early Rome if I remember. You arm and train slaves to fight and you'll run into problems big time.

Generally speaking, most Gladiators were free citizens that signed on with contracts for a set time period. They agreed to risk life and limb for a huge payout of money, kind of like modern day football players (Rea- I mean, American football, that is >.>). They were trained, conditioned, and thrown at each other in the arenas. Often the owners of the gladiatorial schools they gladiators represented would earn part of the winnings which would trickle down to the gladiators themselves. Prominent Roman citizens with enough wealth and clout would own "stables" of gladiators to fight in the arenas. People knew that the fights were popular and would even pay to advertise within the arenas and stadiums, much like modern day sponsors.

Essentially, slaves as gladiators does have roots in fact, but they're the exception, not the rule. Most gladiators were the rock stars of the day and some are even found in Roman era graffiti lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom