KuvassiKLYH
OOC
So... I have this family (and a corporation owned by them) I usually like to bring into the RPs I get into. I decided I want to bring them about here and that might be a good way to motivate myself into actually role playing here, since all the times I've posted an OC I have ended up deleting them because they're not "perfect". But anyway, enough rambling.
I have checked the rules for Codex, Factory, Faction, and Character creation but I still have some questions and would like feedback on whether my ideas are worth even exploring.
First I'd like to ask: Does my company/family need to be a minor faction? By that I mean does it have to be posted somewhere? Or can it simply exist inherently?
Second is knowing if I can use 2 OCs simultaneously in a post. Not self RPing and not going to tag team against a single enemy, but I needed clarification of General Rule #6. "Users will not support their own posts with sub-accounts.". The 2 OCs I want to bring here the most are a pair of siblings, and their dynamic is important to me.
Third is something to thread on thin ice... I want to create a sentient sith artifact.
Think a custom holocron. It won't really do much other than be a source of knowledge and corruption to those who listen, unless I do manage to get the permission for it to have another trick up it's sleeve, but it's not like I want to make a weapon. It should be more of an utility. The reason behind me wanting the relic is primarily narrative, for the backstory of these characters, anything secondary I can squeeze from it is welcome but not mandatory.
Fourth is knowing whether I can have the corporation have a fleet of it's own.
Non-military (mostly). Most of the fleet would be refinery and assembly ships, with only a few security vessels. This under the concept of having the faction not being rooted in a planet but rather moving the fleet from system to system to mine, refine, create, and sell before moving to the next.
Fifth is: How should I handle public knowledge vs secret info?
I essentially want this corporation to be pristine and humanitarian on the surface while handling shady deals and research under the table, I need to know how should I portray this information to be transparent for OOC purposes but make clear that some of that info is not supposed to be widely known in actual RP (like the relic I mentioned)
Final question is: Which is the best order to upload my stuff?
I have 2 - 6 OCs (Depending on whether I choose to make some of these guys actual OCs or NPCs). A droid or two for the factory. And maybe some ship or station if I really want to push the fleet idea (and the corp itself which goes back to question 1).
It's quite a bit and I am unsure where should I start, and if I shall post under my writer account or the character sub accounts.
I have checked the rules for Codex, Factory, Faction, and Character creation but I still have some questions and would like feedback on whether my ideas are worth even exploring.
First I'd like to ask: Does my company/family need to be a minor faction? By that I mean does it have to be posted somewhere? Or can it simply exist inherently?
Second is knowing if I can use 2 OCs simultaneously in a post. Not self RPing and not going to tag team against a single enemy, but I needed clarification of General Rule #6. "Users will not support their own posts with sub-accounts.". The 2 OCs I want to bring here the most are a pair of siblings, and their dynamic is important to me.
Third is something to thread on thin ice... I want to create a sentient sith artifact.
Think a custom holocron. It won't really do much other than be a source of knowledge and corruption to those who listen, unless I do manage to get the permission for it to have another trick up it's sleeve, but it's not like I want to make a weapon. It should be more of an utility. The reason behind me wanting the relic is primarily narrative, for the backstory of these characters, anything secondary I can squeeze from it is welcome but not mandatory.
Fourth is knowing whether I can have the corporation have a fleet of it's own.
Non-military (mostly). Most of the fleet would be refinery and assembly ships, with only a few security vessels. This under the concept of having the faction not being rooted in a planet but rather moving the fleet from system to system to mine, refine, create, and sell before moving to the next.
Fifth is: How should I handle public knowledge vs secret info?
I essentially want this corporation to be pristine and humanitarian on the surface while handling shady deals and research under the table, I need to know how should I portray this information to be transparent for OOC purposes but make clear that some of that info is not supposed to be widely known in actual RP (like the relic I mentioned)
Final question is: Which is the best order to upload my stuff?
I have 2 - 6 OCs (Depending on whether I choose to make some of these guys actual OCs or NPCs). A droid or two for the factory. And maybe some ship or station if I really want to push the fleet idea (and the corp itself which goes back to question 1).
It's quite a bit and I am unsure where should I start, and if I shall post under my writer account or the character sub accounts.