Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Craft Initiative

Caius Flavian

Faction Admin - The Galactic Republic
I remember clearly the evening I set into motion a plan to rid myself of a political rival.​
Those first steps though were crucial to survival of my entrenchment...​
Imperialism would one day rise again, but first I had to fan nationalism and the best way to do that was militarism.​

Caridan System
Carida, New Valor Station
1845 GST

My role as President of the Federation mean't I had to preside over the Ruling Council. The leaders of the three sub-national states of the Caridan System had all come to an agreement. There was a need to rely on domestic military products. I had just finished a holo conference call finalizing the new initiative. I had a some what irritable headache dealing with Vladmir Kurganova. He reluctantly agreed to the project.

The centralization of the government was slowly taking place.
Rather than Carida, Cari, and Andiri seeing themselves as autonomous entities they each now were becoming sub-national entities to a unified system.
I was still having trouble placating the Selectivists whom seemed to permeate into every crevasse of the system.

I've increasingly begun to feel like there was going to be a need for a regime change at Andiri. My growing spy network in the system had given me some intelligence from one of his mistresses. He appeared to favor the idea of the system falling sway to the One Sith. Something that could very well undermine the system as a whole and even wider the stability of the Free System Coalition.

I had a plan in store for that but it involved some devious planning that I certainly had no problems getting my hands bloodied. The problem was timing and determining if I could the right support in place. This new project though was the perfect avenue for it as I hoped to eventually get the youngest heir to the Kurganova regime to take the reign of Andiri.

For now though I would use an intermediary to see if I could get her on board.
That intermediary had just arrived.

I swiveled in my chair and rose to greet [member="Kara Runo"], Commander of the Herald of Retribution's fighter compliment.
Arguably a daring bombardier and dropship pilot.
Her expertise on star craft had been a much needed selling point in development.

"Commander I would like you to head a R&D project for our newly formed nationalized industries first military project. A new series of star fighters that will complement our domestically brewed warship."

Kara Runo

Callsign "Widow Maker"
Kara kept her irritation suppressed.
Being the head of security while Sanaka was gone aiding the Empress was inducing death by boredom.

So when her former flag officer and now self stylized president of this system of political quagmire had asked to see her for a new assignment Kara had practically leaped for joy.
Still wearing the old Imperial Officer uniform she entered into Caius Flavian's office.

The room was still fairly spartan in nature.
Although a few gifts now adorned the walls and decorated.
The view port gave an almost panoramic view of the station and the surrounding space.
One could see the north and south poles of Carida.

The station sat in geosynchronous orbit above Carida's only major city and planetary capital. Cliffside.

Entering his office Kara had to suppress the muscle memory of saluting him.
Granted now a days his somewhat pretentious mannerism furthered the thought of slapping him upside the head for letting that noble born get to his head.
So rather than popping to attention or using any military bearing Kara simply walked in and stood at ease.
The ole Commodore was still straight to the point as he rose to greet her.

"Finally, I've been starting to get stir crazy, whats this new series?"

Caius Flavian

I lifted my travel mug filled with warm tea along with my datapad from the table and walked around the desk.

I was looking forward to jumping into my pajamas soon as these damnable ostentatious clothing the Caridans wore or rather insisted I wear as their president and senator.
Dearly I missed wearing my simple olive green uniform.

[member="Kara Runo"] has been one of the most loyal of my former Imperial officers as such I hoped to continue to reward such loyalty.
"Right, the success of the Tie Seeker during our tenure as the Remnant's. With several variants that make this series a multi role design."
I tapped a button on my datapad bringing up a few starcraft.
"What I want is one variant as fast and maneuverable as the A-Wing or Tie IN that can perform the interceptor role. Another that be a bit of a middleweight superiority fighter as well as a heavier strike fighter."

Kara Runo

Callsign "Widow Maker"
Kara's mind began to whir with the possibilities.
This project was going to be tough because she had spent more time in the cockpits of bombers and dropships.
'Celestials take me this is gonna be a fun challenge'
Her gaze enjoyed looking at the old models. They were not necessarily
"So you want some something can that even bring an advantage over many of the prominent interceptors of the past? You mentioned this is to operate from a new warship design. Whats that going to look like?"

Caius Flavian

"Essentially the design will be a blend of a carrier and cruiser. Heavily armored and shielded while being able to pack a punch. Likely if things go my way it will be similar to the Rendili Dreadnaught but more powerful!"

I hit a few buttons displaying the Rendili Dreadnaught as I spoke.

"It will be similar to this. The idea though is to give it a dedicated hangar capacity by attaching external hangar pods. I've been cooking this idea up in my mind for the last few weeks. Each pod will have a squadron or several of these fighters dependent on configuration." I gestured at the old Rendili design with my mug of tea and a very crude and poorly drawn overlay of bulbous pods protruded from the sides of the Rendili Dreadnaught.

Kara Runo

Callsign "Widow Maker"
Kara couldn't help but utter a laugh at the design drawing.

"Well Caius, I have to say its your best work of art yet... Ahem" She brought a clenched hand to her mouth as she cleared her throat. She rarely breached protocol but she knew this was a moment that could not be passed up.

"External hangar pods? That is some risky business, I hardly have to explain that the exposure makes them vulnerable once the shields are down?"

Caius Flavian

[member="Kara Runo"]

"No you don't have to explain. Its armor and frame is something to be relied upon once the shields are down."

I turned off the display and looked over to her.

"That is pretty much it I'll have technical data requirements sent over to you for both projects so you can keep in mind on how to design this. Now then I think a nap is in order"

I knew I could trust Kara to complete the job.
I made my way over to my chair to settle in and pass out for atleast two hours before getting up to start on writing some more legislation.

"Thank you Commander!"

I spoke in a dismissal tone.
I would shift almost immediately though before she left say "Kara, have fun"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom