Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sta-22-H Blaster Bazooka

Macharius Solaire

M
fDGPyoy.png

Image Source: Here
Intent: We need more bazookas. So I'm gonna make 'em and sell it.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Denon Stahl Arms
Model: Sta-22-H Blaster Bazooka
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel, Blaster Components
Classification: Anti-Armor Blaster Cannon
Size: Shoulder Fired
Length: 123 cm
Weight: 15.1 kg
Ammunition Type: Power Cell, Gas Canister
Ammunition Capacity: 10 Shots
Effective Range: 100 m / Maximum: 500 m
Rate of Fire: Single Action
Special Features:

Description:

Noting The Galactic Republic's lack of anti-armor infantry weapons. Denon Stahl Arms decided to remedy that with a fairly simple to build but very powerful Blaster Cannon, the Sta-22-H Blaster Bazooka. It was decided to not limit the weapon to the companies primary buyer though. But have it available for sale on the open market.

The Sta-22-H Blaster Cannon is classified as an Anti-armor Blaster Cannon. Capable of penetrating the armor of most tanks and other heavy vehicles, provided they aren't ray shielded. The blaster bolt stays in its coherent beam, penetrating armor and other materials, and is not meant to break apart and explode like some beam weapons of its type. This is in order to maximize penetration of armor, instead of exploding on contact. So inside a vehicle hit, the beam will continue through if possible, or dissipate as it loses energy, only harming what it hits. The likelihood of spalling molten metal is high of course. Putting the crews at risk of this secondary injury. Use against infantry would be devastating, only specialized metals would offer any protection. Such a small and likely moving target would be hard to hit though.

The weapon suffers from some drawbacks. Chief among them are its heavy weight, uncomfortable bare metal shoulder pad. And lack of any sights. Limiting the effective range of unskilled wielders. Its ammunition capacity is also extremely low. Requiring the frequent change of gas canisters. And increasing the supplies a soldier must carry.

Primary Source:

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br /> <br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />Starwars Chaos: <br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br /><br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br /><br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Macharius Solaire"]
Alrighty. Just a few things here.

First, is this a beam laser or a blaster cannon? Blasters 'detonate' on contact, they don't burn through the target, but are generally more powerful. Beam lasers are generally less powerful, but constantly burns through material as long as the beam is active. This is classified as a blaster weapon, but operates like a beam weapon. You'll want to pick one or the other here.

Second, this is a bit overpowered. You state in the submission that this weapon penetrates the armor of most heavy vehicles and tanks. Most tanks and heavy vehicles are designed to take stuff like this to the face and keep chugging, ray shield or not. Rear and top armor? Maybe, but frontal and side armors are gonna laugh this off. You'll need to clarify this, please.

Third, with the power levels, I'll have to ask that this be dropped to minor. The more powerful a weapon, the more difficult it is to produce in general or the more expensive it is to obtain, limiting numbers.

Fourth, blaster weapons operate on a dual magazine concept. One is the energy source or power pack, the other is the gas canister full of tibanna gas. Blasters use the power source to superheat the tibanna gas into a plasma state, then envelop the plasma in an electromagnetic 'casing' that is then propelled at the target. You've got the power pack listed, but what about the gas canister? You'll need to list the gas canister's ammunition as well, please.

Alright, required edits or clarifications are done. What follows next are just friendly suggestions.

My suggestion for beam or blaster is to keep it blaster, but drop the beam descriptions. Let it explode on contact, and here's why: it's more versatile and damaging. If you shoot a vehicle with a beam laser and it burns in one side and out the other, you may or may not hit something critical. You may just miss everything vital and irritate the crew, who are then going to shoot you ASAP. A blaster detonates on impact. Will it always punch? It may 'bounce' here or there on the really heavy stuff or the front armor of main line battle tanks, but it makes the weapon more useful on the lighter vehicles by turning armor into steam or just crumpling entire plates with the detonation. It also makes it more effective against infantry, swapping the 'lolvaporize' ability for an Area of Effect explosion that will send soldiers flying or ducking for cover. The key to winning a fight isn't to kill the enemy, but to remove their ability to fight. Killing the one poor schmuck in the open with an insta-shot sure as hell stops him from fighting, but opens you up to his buddies who are still in the fight. Fire an AoE blast? They all duck for cover. That means that, for a few moments at least, you've robbed them of the ability to fight back. They're now pinned, meaning you can maneuver or have regular troops open up to keep them there.

The ammo I was looking at and thinking it over. Why not make it a two man team, man portable weapon? One guy fires, the other guy loads from the rear of the weapon. Think a traditional bazooka team. Keep the power source at the 10 shots, but maybe have the gas canisters be worth a single shot. Each shot, the loader takes out and puts in a gas canister. Slower rate of fire, but it adds more flavour and operates as a true 'bazooka' type weapon.

Just some thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom