Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech STA-01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauda

ae56537efeedf2950702f634d87c64fc.jpg

OOC INFO

Intent - Provide Emergence Navy with a standard Starship Turboplasma

Image Source - Pinterest

Canon - No

Primary Source - None

PRODUCTION INFO

Manufacturer - Emergence Engineering Corps

Affiliation - The Emergence Empire

Model - STA-01

Modularity - Barrel can be modified

Production - Minor

Material - Quadanium, RTSCE's, Niobium-Tin Magnetic Accelerators

TECH. SPECS.

Classification - Turboplasma

Size - Average

Weight - Heavy

Ammo Type - Condensed Gamma-Ray Plasma

Ammo Capacity - Dependent on Energy Feed from Reactor

Reload Speed - None

Effective Range - Battlefield

Rate of Fire - Average

Stopping Power - High

Recoil - Low

Special Features

Gamma Ray Plasma - The STA-01 doesn't use densified ammunition, it draws directly from the host-ship's Antimatter Reactor. It fires the same stuff that comes out the back of the Plasma Engines, only this stuff is packed together, and moves much slower

Strengths

Ammo? - Not necessarily. It relies entirely on the Reactor of the ship, effectively giving it infinite ammo

Powerful - Although muzzle-exit velocity is lower than most Laser-Based Turbolasers, the nature of the Plasma Projectile being extremely hot and much heavier makes each round pack a significant punch

Weaknesses

Power Use - Its ammo is the Plasma generated in the ship's Reactor. Therefore, by reducing the overall number of Particle Annihilations whenever firing, the STA-01 reduces power output to the rest of the ship

Firing Patterns - If the Power Output:Turret Population Ratio is low, then firing needs to be kept to a minimum. The only time an Emergence Vessel can broadside/full-fire is if it is motionless due to the energy demand from the engines

Shield Killer - Not only does the STA-01 deliver a scary blow to Shields, it also kills the ability to have them. Due to energy demands, Emergence Vessels mostly outfitted with this turbolaser will likely not be able to afford a shield

Description

Technology trumps all. Especially weaponry. Adding to The Emergence's arsenal of advanced weaponry is the STA-01, the first Naval Turbolaser iteration.

Unlike most, the STA-01 fires dense Gamma-Ray Plasma. This plasma is pulled direct from the Antimatter Reactor aboard every Emergence Vessel, balled up and spat out a long barrel lined with Niobium-Tin Magnets that not only provide a magnetic cage to keep the Plasma from tearing the weapon apart, but also accelerate it as it travels, compensating for the comparatively low speeds of Plasma compared to Lasers.

Bunched together, a STA-01 Salvo can potentially deal a serious amount of damage to both Shields and Armour. Being Large and Heavy, the Plasma Bolts carry significant momentum when colliding with shields. Other than Momentum, the Plasma is.. a Plasma. The inherent Heat is immense and would easily tear apart the gun placement if Magnetic Cages weren't employed. So when thrown into opposition Armour, the STA-01 could deal serious damage.

Unfortunately, infinite ammo comes at a price. Drawing directly from the reactor of the ship, energy use and fire output need to be constantly monitored. Basically, Ship Speed will always be inversely proportional to Fire Output and vice-versa. On-board technical operations will have to be reduced during Broadside/Full-Fire and powering a shield along with several STA-01 Batteries is practically impossible.

Mauda

[member="John Locke"]

Ah ye, didn't specify lol.

Well I thought just give it a quick review. That or yeh throw it in Factory for live judgement

Ok, lets get started [member="Orex Mauda"].

So firstly

Orex Mauda said:
Manufacturer - Emergence Heavy Engineering Factories
We need a link here to your company, if you could please add it.

Orex Mauda said:
Material - Quadanium, RTSCE's, Niobium-Tin Magnetic Accelerators
The current factory rules also require materials to be linked in the submission, so if you could please provide links to the relevant pages.

Orex Mauda said:
Reload Speed -
While I understand that it doesn't apply to this weapon, the template actually includes none for this very purpose. Just so you don't leave a blank space.

Overall this looks good, I'd just be careful of your phrasing. You say the weapon will do damage, but we prefer can do, since your opponent is the one who will call the hits on their ships. It's a small thing, but we've found it can help preempt situations.

Mauda

[member="John Locke"]

Will sub Engineering Company

Linked Materials

Added 'None'

Changed vocabulary.

Question regarding Materials, Niobium-Tin Magnets are an IRL item which (If I'm correct) aren't normally subbed, just linked. I'm aware I've specified them as "Magnetic Accelerators" but this is just their arrangement. Should I still sub a new material for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom