Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SSB Expo and Auctions Survey and Feedback

Alright, well we are halfway into the week of "Expo and auction" week, and I want to get an idea of how the community is enjoying these types of threads.

So, please give me feedback; constructive and all that jazz. If there is someway i can do this better, please tell me. Rules, guidelines, timing, presentation.

Etc.

I'll be using this data for any future expos and auctions if the community would want Danger to do so. :)

Nyxie

【夢狐】
These auctions are so suspenseful!

Only one problem. Would be much appreciated if you could warn us about closing time FIVE minutes ahead of time at least, rather than one. It takes about 30 seconds just for my crappy computer to refresh the page.

Lira Dajenn

L
I think it went super well, my only complaint was when people bid only one Credit above the previous bid. In most modern day auctions this is -extremely- frowned upon(and sometimes the bids aren't even counted), also its annoying as kark!

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Also, it should be mandatory to state your bidding price rather than how much you raised. I'm confused as hell doing all this math for everyone's raises.... XD

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Well, the problem is the pace of these auctions. They're one-liner gold mines; that's not the problem.
If you post your bid, you get sniped half the time in faster auctions.
If you post your raise, you confuse people who have to double back all the new posts to get the accurate bid.
Double edged sword.

Maybe enforce turn orders on the large, faster-paced ones?

Spirit Child Kiroa said:
I was just stating my bets lol was I supposed to be stating raises?
no no, i meant like, put in the amount in total clearly.

No need to do "raises"

Yeah you may need to edit if someone snipes you, but otherwise if i'm doing counts, makes things confusing for me. xD

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
I am loving it so far. A couple of things, that you can't really control.

People should bid in numbers and make exactly clear what the bidding is. Makes it easier for the person who is counting to make sense of things.

Let's say the price on a certain ware is 10K. If you want to raise that bid, you should do the calculation with it. So if you raise it with 1K. Just say "I am bidding 11K". Instead of "Adding 200cr" or "tweny-hundred credits bidding!"

Might be I am nitpicking, but I have tried to do this myself, going through all the bids and it is hard work. If every person does his own bids, it is suddenly much less work to do.

I loved it! Most of the stuff that I wanted/needed were for this character and so it was easy to participate in a few of them. I don't know how all of these people got sniped, never happened to me. Maybe I was just lucky. ;)

anyways, I would say the same as @[member="Jared Ovmar"], and @[member="Ashe the Reaper"]. Other than that, limit editing to only snipes that way you don't have alot of messups and cheaters, like @[member="Ayden Cater"] who called in all three of the glove sets at the last second. lol. Loved what he did there and I saw it happening to someone. I just didn't expect it to happen to @[member="Mikhail Shorn"].

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Hmm. Perhaps you can get an RPJ to run the closings? They could just temporarily lock it upon the closing post, this way no after-edits or extra posts will be able to submit. Just a suggestion, as I know they're all busy people too.

I would hope we're all mature enough not to need an RPJ to run the closings. If it closes at 10ish at night, it closes. No need to get petty folks :)

I've enjoyed the SSB threads so far. Got some interaction in, bought(or bidding on) some items I wouldn't get through normal channels....made a little bit of credits....got to watch a few battles over a smelly hate. Its been good to see more business related threads going on.

Judah Dashiell said:
I would hope we're all mature enough not to need an RPJ to run the closings. If it closes at 10ish at night, it closes. No need to get petty folks
This^ We should not need to be regulated because we need to be mature people who can work together. This site as a whole needs to learn that not everything needs to be solved by way of RPJ. They are here to regulate the site so others don't cheat or do something immature. That is all. We as a Site need to work together first, before they are brought into it.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Guys, relax, I was only suggesting it so that everything closes off clean and easy to follow.... *smh*

It's really not that important. I'm not saying anyone has cheated either, don't get me wrong.

Not mad or angry, I'm just pointing out that maybe we should leave the RPJ's and admins out of this so they can focus on other things. Hard to give emotions over a post. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom