Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship SS Orbalisk-class Boarding Shuttle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sieb Tevv

S
sorosuub_logo_banner_by_viperaviator-d520jta.png
lAtI9Mk.jpg
Image Source: endo exo atmospheric shuttle ortho by unusualsuspex
and SoroSuub Logo Banner by ViperAviator
Affiliation: Galactic Alliance
Manufacturer: SoroSuub Corporation Model: SS Orbalisk-class Boarding Shuttle
Modularity: N/A
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel
Classification: Boarding Shuttle
Length: 30 meters
Height: 8 meters
Width: 35 meters

Armament Rating: 2
x2 Dorsal Mounted Laser Cannons
4x Phantom short-range sensor jammer

Defenses: 16
Heavy Shielding

Squadron Count: 4

Special Features:
x4 Belly-mounted Plasma Torches
x2 Belly-mounted CryoBan Dispensers
x1 Industrial grade Magnetic Docking Clamp
ICE Peregrine Field Disruptor

Maneuverability Rating: 6
Speed Rating: 5
Hyperdrive Class: 1

Strengths:

• Fast

• Well-shielded
Weaknesses:

• Abysmal Armament
Description:
“How did they get past our shields?!” Your Neimodian supervisor screams at you, spittle flying in your face while your mind works frantically, trying to figure out how those pesky Alliance shuttles got past the ray shielding. None of that seems to matter anymore when you hear the metallic thunk on the other side of the hull.

“What was that?” He asks, face pale. You think you know the answer, but your throat’s clamped up, too tight to speak.

Suddenly, four red-hot pinpricks appear on the bulkhead. They start moving in a circle, leaving a molten line around them.

Your Neimodian supervisor points a shaky finger at the lines of magma. “They’re cutting through!”

Suddenly, the cutting stops. You share a look with your supervisor, who then looks back over his shoulder.

“Let’sa get out of here,” his voice quavers.

You hear another thunk, then the section of hull blasts inward and goes shooting across the room, slamming into your supervisor along the way and pinning him to the wall. Or what’s left of him. The atmosphere leaves the room in a whoosh, scooping you up and taking you with it.

The sudden depressurization ruptures your lungs. You can’t breathe. Your eyesight is fading.

The last thing you notice is the section of hull, cut in a circle. A perfect circle.

Orbalisk-class boarding shuttle rely on heavy shielding, jamming and speed to close the distance to an enemy ship. In order to bypass shielding, the Orbalisk utilizes Peregrine field disruptor to push through deflector shields and latch its belly onto the enemy hull with a powerful magnetic docking clamp. At this point, the Orbalisk would employ the cryoban dispensers to spray cryoban directly onto the hull of the enemy ship, significantly weakening the structural integrity of the hull. Next, the Orbalisk would use sliding plasma torches to cut a circular hole in the enemy ship before finally sealing the hole shut with the belly airlock, just like the ancient Katarn-class boarding shuttle did millennia ago.

After all this is complete, the fifty well-armed marines inside the ship can pour into the enemy vessel and begin boarding actions.
Development Thread: N/A
Intent: to provide the Galactic Alliance with a standard boarding shuttle.
Canon Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Katarn-class_boarding_shuttle

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Raph Tritum"]

Raph Tritum said:
4x-Phantom short-range sensor jammer
move to weapons and change armament to 4

Raph Tritum said:
Triple Redundant Shields
I have never seen a craft this small have triple redundancy. I think it is just too much power restrictive.

SO i looked around and could not find anything this small with redundant shields. Some have "Heavy Shielding" but not with redundant. Normally for redundants above single you have to sacrifices something. I have to have weak hull armor with my triples redundancy cal ships. On something this small the power would be too much I feel. I do not even put triples on ships under 100 meters. My pickets have doubles.

the only other ship with triples I have found besides my cal ships is this one http://starwarsrp.net/topic/62699-hte-tallaan-class-cargo-cruiser/

I think it needs to be "Heavy Shielding" on such a small ship I do not think they would have the power for redundant shielding. At least not without a Redundant shield for fighters being subbed to the factory. That may be something to think about. I may do one myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom