Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship SR-55 "Kitsana" Class Boarding Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
fzd_alienships2_01a.JPG

[SIZE=9pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Intent:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] To hit bigger ships in the face, really hard. Over and over.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Image Source:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Here.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Canon Link:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Restricted Missions:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] N/A[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Primary Source:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Droch-Class Boarding ShipKatarn-Class Boarding Shuttle [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Manufacturer:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] Jaeger Solutions[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Model:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] SR-55 “Kitsana” Class Boarding Corvette[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Affiliation:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Closed-Market[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Production[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Mass-Produced[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Material:[/SIZE]​ Reactive Quadranium-Durasteel Alloy Skin Plate │ Alusteel Subframe Structure
[SIZE=9pt]TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Classification[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: Corvette[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Length[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: 100 meters[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Width[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: 38 meters[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Height[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: 75 meters[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=9pt]Armament[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Very Low​[/SIZE]
    1x HVC-369 “Covenant” Class Hyper Velocity Cannon

[*]Defenses: Moderate

[*][SIZE=9pt]Hangar[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]None[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=9pt]Maneuverability Rating[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Average[/SIZE]
[*][SIZE=9pt]Speed Rating[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE]Moderate
[*][SIZE=9pt]Hyperdrive Class[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE]Average
[SIZE=9pt]STANDARD FEATURES[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Communications Systems: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]MC1005 Dolfin-Class Communications Array[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]MC1004 OPAL-Class Communication Laser Projector[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Enviromental Systems:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Propulsion Systems:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Advanced Ion Drives[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Quick-Burst Jump Jets[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Hyper Drive (Class 5)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Backup Hyper Drive (Class 10)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Sensor and Targeting Systems:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]N/A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Miscellaneous Systems:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]N/A[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]ADVANCED SYSTEMS[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Reinforced ‘Integration’ Points[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Advanced Droid Brain[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Powerful Capital Weapon[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Advanced Boarding Equipment w/ Automated Unloaders (IE: Single Proton Charge for Breaching Shields, Breaching Arms, Automated Unloading Procedures)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Strengths[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Get Me Closer! -[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]A number of advanced ion drives and jump jets allow each ‘Kitsana’ to be able to not only get closer to the opponent in record time, but maintain that distance at a close range. Although surely not on par with most traditional starfighters, its speed could be considered comparable to that of a slower bomber; contrary to its size. [/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Trojan Horse - [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]​[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Borrowing from the PCS-121, the ‘Kisana’ is able to take a number of South Star Battle Droids from its sister company, Aegis Systems, and deploy them with lightning fast efficiency into the interior of any enemy vessel; provided the armor isn’t too thick. With this, a naval battle once fought at a distance becomes one fought in the belly of the enemy.[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Drive It Home -[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]​[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Not only is there the glaring issue of a robotic boarding party capable of adapting to enemy defenses, but so long as the ‘Kitsana’ stays attached to an enemy vessel, so too will it shoot its single forward capital gun into the enemies hull. A radiation cannon capable of decimating biological crews, fired at such a short distance to allow no room for error. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Weaknesses[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]Black Sheep -[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]​[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]As with many Jaeger products, the ‘Kitsana’ is something more akin to a sword than your traditional screen. Its entirely offensive, it holds no place in a traditional fleet, and its entire existence is meant strictly for boarding and killing enemy vessels in extremely close ranged combat.[/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]CQC - [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]​[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]There is no viable long range weapons on board the ‘Kitsana’, which means that there is no way for it to effectively fill long range, or even close range combat. It has its purpose as a boarding vessel, and that is it. There is nothing else it can do but board, and board it does well. [/SIZE]

[*]
[SIZE=9pt]Ion Sensitivity -[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=9pt]​[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]As any opposing fleet should, focusing fire on these are almost mandatory. With that in mind, once the shields are down, there is almost not viable way for these to stop traditional ion strikes. Being completely bare of any organic crew members, the ‘Kitsana’ can be taken down with just a few well place ion strikes from capital grade weapons. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]Description[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]-- Overview --[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Jaeger Solutions, with tradition, made a vessel that was unconventional in all aspects except boarding. From close range offensive capabilities, ramming capacity, and more; there is little this ship can’t do within a few meters of an enemy; but gods of war save them if they are ever engaged at distance.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]-- Design --[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Borrowing from the previous creation by Jaeger known as the ‘Planet Cracker’, the ‘Kitsana’ takes everything it did and puts it into a strictly naval environment. From beginning to end, it is a vehicle that takes advantage of a breach in the enemies defenses; only a few minutes is required to allow it to break through and land on a critical ship. Between defenses and propulsion, the ship is fully able to press through and punish any lapse in fleeting power. [/SIZE]

To begin, the entire vessel is ran by what many could consider an advanced droid brain. This is utilized to better allow autonomy on the battlefield; as each ship has numerous programming defaults to allow for self preservation and tactile flexibility. Top of the line computers for top of the line work, as each will find what it believes to be the weakest point in the shell, correspond this with other Kitsana in the area, and then perform a multistage breach into the belly of the beast.

[SIZE=9pt]Once near, the ship will engage a number of short burn afterburners to increase its speed by a serious magnitude before using three heavily reinforced points to stab into enemy vessels, started only by a singular unguided proton charge to weaken shields just enough to pass through with minimal damage. Not only is there a breach of the hull, but so too is there theoretically massive kinetic damage from just the initial breach. Once down however, the real magic of the weapon begins to take place.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]The moment the breach is made, the entire vessel begins to divert all propulsion and sensor systems into unloading the payload of its massive boarding party as fast as possible, and begin firing the singular main cannon. To touch base on the boarding party first, it has a number of South Star Class Battle Droids that learn and move with the best of them. An initial group of 100 can be deployed in only 10 minutes, effectively ensuring a strong mounting point and operating area within the enemy vessel. If it is not taken off following this, another 45 minutes will result in the entire deployment being at the enemies neck. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]However, this is not where the damage ends. Although downsized, every Kistsana carries with it a singular [/SIZE]under powered[SIZE=9pt] HVC-369 “Covenant” Class Hyper Velocity Cannon; making up for its lack of power by closing the range to only a few meters. This lack of power is because the lack of size of both the round it fires, but also the lack of length in the barrel to build up the relative speed a regular version of the round would need. The many stage entry rounds can not only breach most conventional armor, but release radiation bombs into the local vicinity to stop any traditional biological antagonists; doubling the efforts of the droid forces running the onboard invasion. This will happen as fast as the ship can reload the weapon, resulting in a round every minute or so for full power shots; and with that there are no long range targeting parameters making it impossible to be used for long range engagements. It has only one purpose, being that of complementing a boarding party with its own damage. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]-- Summary --[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]Effectively, this all together creates a weapon that must be taken off before it can commit too much to its assault; yet even breaking the ship off of another can be dangerous if you intend to bomb it off; easily causing local damage to the original ship. In truth, it's a matter of worth;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]How much is that ship worth to its fleet? How much can it afford to lose?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]This is the question Jaeger seeks to answer, and in time it will.[/SIZE]

Overall, this about three ratings too high.

The Slave said:
Armament: Low ​ 1x HVC-369 “Covenant” Class Hyper Velocity Cannon 2x BE-1313 “Gos Karza” Class Battery Emplacement

This is probably not "low" armament. While we don't use exact gun counts, if we did, it could come out to be more firepower than most frigates on the old terms. I'd recommend either changing the rating or the armament to more approximately match.

The Slave said:
Reinforced ‘Integration’ Points
What are these?

The Slave said:
Advanced Droid Brain
What makes this different from a normal droid brain? What does it do on the ship?

The Slave said:
Advanced Boarding Equipment w/ Automated Unloaders
This needs more detail somewhere or perhaps needs to be relabelled. Is this a reference to the reinforced structure, proton charges, and the droid racks? If there is anything else included besides that, we need to know.

The Slave said:
1,000 Quick-Deployment South Star Class Battle Droids 250 Droideka MK II 150 Aegrus Class Super Battle Droids 5,000 Backup South Star Class Battle Droids
This is really a lot of droids to fit into such a small ship. I'm not sure that this would be even be possible if the entire ship was dedicated to carrying droids. Please downsize this considerably. To put this in perspective, the Vibre-class Assault Cruiser is the same size and serves the same purpose, and only carries 60 troops in power armor. We could upscale any number of boarding transports or shuttles to other ideas of scale, but we're not likely going to get more than several hundred people or droids.

The Slave said:
Although surely not on par with most traditional starfighters, its speed could be considered comparable to that of a slower bomber; contrary to its size.
I'm just going to put out that the speed scales between classes aren't directly comparable (starfighters and corvettes), and this may not always be true.

The Slave said:
CQC - ​There is no viable long range weapons on board the ‘Kitsana’, which means that there is no way for it to effectively fill long range, or even close range combat. It has its purpose as a boarding vessel, and that is it. There is nothing else it can do but board, and board it does well.

The Covenant Hypervelocity Cannon currently listed on this submission has a listed range of "Medium to Long Capital Weapon Range" which would seem to contradict this.

The Slave said:
Not only is there a breach of the hull, but so too is there massive kinetic damage from just the initial breach.
Bear in mind that enemies write their own damage. While breaching into a ship to launch boarding parties is a gray area, detailing large amounts of damage done to enemy vessels is not. Please remove the reference to "massive kinetic damage" or alternatively make it suggestive by using words like "designed to" or "theoretically".

Gir Quee said:
This is probably not "low" armament. While we don't use exact gun counts, if we did, it could come out to be more firepower than most frigates on the old terms. I'd recommend either changing the rating or the armament to more approximately match.
Removed both point defense batteries. Assumed just three weapons (one of which has no long range aiming parameters, nor the barrel length to make accurate shots), would be the equivalent of low.

Gir Quee said:
What are these?
'Integration' points are the giants stabbers in the pictures. Pretty much reinforced to better allow them to slice into an enemy ship like a can of sardines. Also the point at which droids are unloaded.

Gir Quee said:
What makes this different from a normal droid brain? What does it do on the ship?
In all honesty, it was more so there to make sure the ship knew how to properly navigate a battlefield, find a suseptible area on a ship, and then be able to process the massive amounts of data involved into transfering all systems to unloading and defense (and cannon). Just to make sure it was fully able to do all this without becoming easily overcome, and relay orders from the flagship to all the droids connected to it. Just as it says, its an advanced one just capable of more processing at once. Nothing crazy.

Gir Quee said:
This needs more detail somewhere or perhaps needs to be relabelled. Is this a reference to the reinforced structure, proton charges, and the droid racks? If there is anything else included besides that, we need to know.
The advanced boarding systems are pretty much everything mentioned, and only that. Its the fact they stab into ships, the singular proton charge to weaken shields, the unloading systems that help send out all the droids inside. Just everything, all at once. Is there something you'd prefer it changed to? Perhaps define each one in place of that?

Gir Quee said:
This is really a lot of droids to fit into such a small ship. I'm not sure that this would be even be possible if the entire ship was dedicated to carrying droids. Pleasedownsize this considerably. To put this in perspective, the Vibre-class Assault Cruiser is the same size and serves the same purpose, and only carries 60 troops in power armor. We could upscale any number of boarding transports or shuttles to other ideas of scale, but we're not likely going to get more than several hundred people or droids.
This one I thought about for a while, so I'll at least give my reasoning.

Most of those ships are dedicated to holding crew, enviromental systems, life support, and about a thousand other processing things such as an armory to better allow boarding parties to be utilized. They're meant for people, is what I mean. Now, following the trend of the CIS; they used a 36 meter tank to carry 112 B1's, being only 10 meters tall. They once again fit nearly 1.5 Million droids (deactivated) onto Providence-Class carriers; so I adapted what numbers I used for the Planet Cracker into this submission, as it was based on both of those designs. Now, outright I'm not going to deny its plenty of troops; but I'd still like to see this being an exceptional amount considering the very specific niche it is meant to fill.

Gir Quee said:
The Covenant Hypervelocity Cannon currently listed on this submission has a listed range of "Medium to Long Capital Weapon Range" which would seem to contradict this.
As far as this goes, yes the weapon itself is. However, on this one it can not be used as a long range weapon for two reasons; the first being that there isn't enough barrel length to allow for accurate shots since the ship itself is only 100 meters. Second, as stated here;

and although the power of the round is exceptional, there are no long range targeting parameters to make it at all effective for firing at range. It has only one purpose, being that.
The weapon can not fire at long ranges as there are absolutely no systems in place to aim it. It only has a chance of hitting things it docks with, because it can't aim.

Gir Quee said:
Bear in mind that enemies write their own damage. While breaching into a ship to launch boarding parties is a gray area, detailing large amounts of damage done to enemy vessels is not. Please remove the reference to "massive kinetic damage" or alternatively make it suggestive by using words like "designed to" or "theoretically".
Also changed this.

Gir Quee said:
Overall, this about three ratings too high.
Forgot to quote this, but I'm confused.

So I put this into the excel spreadsheet, and couldn't do it at what it wanted because there were no options for no hanger. I guessed and what not, but if I'm still over I'll adapt.

Would 'Very Low' on armament change anything, since I already removed the two point defense batteries and its only offensive weapon can't be used unless mounted already? Also, would reducing its hyperspace drive to Very Low also bring it back into proper rule?

The Slave said:
Removed both point defense batteries. Assumed just three weapons (one of which has no long range aiming parameters, nor the barrel length to make accurate shots), would be the equivalent of low.
It's not only the number of weapons, but their relative strength as well. To make a hyperbolic example, if someone puts a single superlaser on a corvette, it's still going to be considered super heavily armed. That being said, this is now close enough that I think it's acceptable.

The Slave said:
In all honesty, it was more so there to make sure the ship knew how to properly navigate a battlefield, find a suseptible area on a ship, and then be able to process the massive amounts of data involved into transfering all systems to unloading and defense (and cannon). Just to make sure it was fully able to do all this without becoming easily overcome, and relay orders from the flagship to all the droids connected to it. Just as it says, its an advanced one just capable of more processing at once. Nothing crazy.
Sounds good. Please write something about that within the submission itself.

The Slave said:
The advanced boarding systems are pretty much everything mentioned, and only that. Its the fact they stab into ships, the singular proton charge to weaken shields, the unloading systems that help send out all the droids inside. Just everything, all at once. Is there something you'd prefer it changed to? Perhaps define each one in place of that?
Those ideas are fine. I would just list them after right that with a colon. Something like "Advanced Boarding Systems: single proton charge to enable penetration though shield, etc"

The Slave said:
This one I thought about for a while, so I'll at least give my reasoning. Most of those ships are dedicated to holding crew, enviromental systems, life support, and about a thousand other processing things such as an armory to better allow boarding parties to be utilized. They're meant for people, is what I mean. Now, following the trend of the CIS; they used a 36 meter tank to carry 112 B1's, being only 10 meters tall. They once again fit nearly 1.5 Million droids (deactivated) onto Providence-Class carriers; so I adapted what numbers I used for the Planet Cracker into this submission, as it was based on both of those designs. Now, outright I'm not going to deny its plenty of troops; but I'd still like to see this being an exceptional amount considering the very specific niche it is meant to fill.
B1s are specifically designed to be foldable and compact. They are also quite poor combatants. Neither of these are attributes of the SouthStar battle droids. Bear in mind, that while its true that these droids won't need life support or environmental systems, they do need other things that people do not, like recharging stations and maintenance areas. This probably still would give the droids a slight edge in terms of volume carried though, I'd admit. While I can see this carrying an exceptional amount of troops for its size because of its purpose, it won't be on this order of magnitude.

I think the best comparison that can be made is to look at dropships. Dropships do not have extensive, long-term facilities for organics, much like this design. They are also (as a design) designed to maximum volume and pack people in like sardines. These Southstar battle droids appear to be about the same size as an armored soldier. Find a dropship/shuttle class with a known length and passenger complement and make your comparison based on that.

The Slave said:
As far as this goes, yes the weapon itself is. However, on this one it can not be used as a long range weapon for two reasons; the first being that there isn't enough barrel length to allow for accurate shots since the ship itself is only 100 meters. Second, as stated here; Quote and although the power of the round is exceptional, there are no long range targeting parameters to make it at all effective for firing at range. It has only one purpose, being that. The weapon can not fire at long ranges as there are absolutely no systems in place to aim it. It only has a chance of hitting things it docks with, because it can't aim.
If you'll change the "no long range targeting parameters to make it at all effective for firing at range" to something more concretely short-ranged (like "no long-range capabilities"), this will work. The way it's currently worded makes it sound like it to me is that it simply doesn't have good accuracy at range (meaning that it could still sort of haphazardly hit things at long range).

The Slave said:
So I put this into the excel spreadsheet, and couldn't do it at what it wanted because there were no options for no hanger. I guessed and what not, but if I'm still over I'll adapt. Would 'Very Low' on armament change anything, since I already removed the two point defense batteries and its only offensive weapon can't be used unless mounted already? Also, would reducing itshyperspace drive to Very Low also bring it back into proper rule?

This is one of those areas where I'd look at the template itself. So if we look at the template, we can see how much a hangar a 100 meter corvette has:
Hangar: (Please provide the amount of fighters this submission can hold in it's hangar by count of Squadrons, which hold 12 average Starfighters. The higher your squadron count, the lower your Armament and number of advanced systems should be. )
  • 100 Meters: [None: - | Very Low: - | Low: - | Average: 0 | Moderate: - | High: - | Very High: 1 | Extreme: 2]
Not having a hangar for starfighters is considered "average" or "normal". That's also why the Excel sheet won't let you go below average or take "moderate" or "High" rating options, but it will let you go up to "Very High" or "Extreme". So in other words, there is no rating advantage to be given for not having a hangar, if that makes sense.
The Slave said:
Would 'Very Low' on armament change anything, since I already removed the two point defense batteries and its only offensive weapon can't be used unless mounted already?
Possibly if you note that the hypervelocity cannon specifically isn't as powerful as it normally is. To give you an idea of where I'm coming from, I'm going to quote the cannon's sub:
1.75x-2.5x Strength of Heavy Long Range Hypervelocity Cannons
This would be make it approximately worth 1.75-2.5 x(2*5*10) => 175 to 250 emplacement points. Or in other words, 87.5 to 125 turbolasers. To put that in perspective, our heavy corvette example in Starship 4.0 with a "High" armament rating had the equivalent of 44 turbolasers. I'm not interested in returning to using the exact math and gun counts of Starship 4.0, but things should match the rough ballpark figures.

If you'll mention that this has only a small fraction of the cannon's normal firepower, we could get that "very low" armament rating to help balance that out.

The Slave said:
Also, would reducing itshyperspace drive to Very Low also bring it back into proper rule?

At this moment, hyperdrives really only come into play for balancing purposes for starfighters. This isn't to say that lowering a hyperdrive rating couldn't give you some leeway with certain things (typically minor strengths or advanced features), but we don't really use them to balance out rating changes currently.

[member="Gir Quee"]

I believe everything should be updated.

Strength of the cannon is mentioned as being underpowered due to size, mentions were made to the fact it is impossible to use for long range assaults, and a section was added to the advanced droid brain under design. I also lowered the armament rating to very low, for the singular cannon aboard, and edited the boarding party significantly.

I couldn't find any viable canon weaponry that was anywhere near what I put, so I went a little above the next best thing; being the MT Dropship.

It has a laser cannon battery, concussion missile launchers, room for up to 4 huge walkers or speeders, and 200 troops or 50 supporting heavy vehicles. IT doesn't give us a direct size correlation, but the fact it has consumables for a week and 500 tons of cargo capacity give me a somewhat rough estimate of being around 50 to 90 meters or so.

The Kitsana compares by having the singular cannon for close range battering, 400 droids (100 quick deploy), and an additional complement of 15 Droidekas or 8 Super Battle Droids. Does this seem reasonable?

The Slave said:
The Kitsana compares by having the singular cannon for close range battering, 400 droids (100 quick deploy), and an additional complement of 15 Droidekas or 8 Super Battle Droids. Does this seem reasonable?

Works for me.

Overall, we're currently two ratings too high. Things to keep in mind for balancing ships at this size: there is no increase in ratings to be had for having "hangar: none" (The "average" rating is "none"). Hyperdrives also do not count towards balancing on capital ships unless they are going faster than x1 (in which case the rating should be decreased).

The Slave said:
However, this is not where the damage ends. Although downsized, every Kistsana carries with it a singular HVC-369 “Covenant” Class Hyper Velocity Cannon; making up for its lack of power by closing the range to only a few meters. The many stage entry rounds can not only breach most conventional armor, but release radiation bombs into the local vicinity to stop any traditional biological antagonists; doubling the efforts of the droid forces running the onboard invasion. This will happen as fast as the ship can reload the weapon, resulting in a round every minute or so for full power shots; and although the power of the round is exceptional, there are no long range targeting parameters making it impossible to be used for long range engagements. It has only one purpose, being that of complementing a boarding party with its own damage.
We need to have this pretty specifically state that this is NOT the full-power Covenant Hypervelocity cannon in order to get that very low armament rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom