Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squid Pro Roe | Judah Dashiel & Aderyn Carlisle

skin, bone, and arrogance
executive-office-design-decoration.jpg
Blue Riband Headquarters - Entralla​
Early Afternoon - Aderyn Carlisle's Office​
ofYziJp.png

"I thought he was a bit -- I dunno. Titchy." The door had just closed on their previous meeting when Declan made his observation known.

Aderyn didn't look up from the flimsiplast sheet she was examining, choosing instead to letting the description hang in the air for a moment. Finally, she echoed skeptically: "Titchy? What's titchy?"

"I don't know -- as does pertain to a weasel." Declan shrugged and began to collect his own paperwork. "Didn't you get the sense that he was -- what's the word?"

"Weasely," Aderyn offered, looking up at last. "As does pertain to a weasel: weasely. And no, I did not. But there's no way I'm paying that for one space station. You'd think he was from Kuat Drive Yards!" The redhead pulled her glasses off and held them in one hand while rubbing the bridge of her nose with her other hand. "I want this station. I need this station. And I'll get it. But he may as well have come in here with a mask and a gun."

She dropped into her seat and put her glasses back on. "When's the next one?"

"Three minutes," said Declan. "Are you ready?"

"Always assuming we have the option," said Aderyn as she gathered up her paperwork and shuffled it into the appropriate folders, which she placed in a drawer in her desk. She slumped in her chair, then stood and straightened up. Leaning over her desk, she pressed a key on her communicator. "Please send my next appointment in." She smoothed her blouse and walked over to open the door to greet [member="Judah Dashiell"]. "Good afternoon," she said, offering a firm handshake. "Welcome to Blue Riband. I'm Aderyn Carlisle. My brother, Declan," she said, gesturing towards her equally ginger sibling, who offered a handshake. "Can I offer you something to drink?"

When the pleasantries had been settled, the Chief Executive of Blue Riband offered her guest a seat and took a seat herself while Declan busied himself preparing what had been requested. "Thank you for meeting me here," Aderyn said pleasantly. "I'm just taking over operations from my predecessor and it's a bit of a critical time, so I find it helpful to be on the premises. I appreciate your flexibility."

He had arrived early, sitting in an expansive lobby with a cup of caf in hand, idly watching as foot traffic went by in the Blue Riband Headquarters. Judah hadn't heard of the company but then again with so many companies out in the 'verse it was hard to keep track, especially when he had been keeping to himself over the last couple of years. Eyes followed a twitchy looking Representative as he made his way out of the lobby. Eyebrow slowly arced - either the Representative had issues or the client was demanding in one way or form.

Name was called and soon there was a flurry of greetings, pleasantries and handshakes. Judah focused on the woman at first, picking out that she seemed to be calling the shots and controlling this meeting.

"Miss Carlisle, pleasure to meet you. Thank you, beautiful office and a drink won't be necessary but I appreciate the offer." Judah switched to the brother seamlessly. "Mr.Carlisle, a pleasure as well. Thank you for having me."

Seat was taken, unbuttoning his suit jacket as he sat down, datapad that was brought long placed on the expensive looking wood desk. Judah smiled at both, relaxing in the environment. He was an old hat at such meetings and as such tended to have a more relaxed manner than he did in his (much) younger days. Silently he hoped the two knew he was taking the meeting seriously despite a more laid back attitude. Judah was no high pressure salesman or fast talker. He had learned over the years that these types of meetings unfolded on their own according - pushing something would help no one.

"Oh it was no problem coming here, helps an old hermit get out of his cave and back into the land of the living. I should be thanking you for the invite."

skin, bone, and arrogance
[OCC: Sorry for the delay - work has been insane this week!]

"In that case," Aderyn said with a wry smile. "I'm glad I could help."

She put her glasses on again and took a seat in the chair across the desk from [member="Judah Dashiell"]. "Blue Riband is in the business of trade, but we're looking to expand into other transportation-related fields. My ultimate goal is to see Blue Riband, or a Blue Riband subsidiary, become a lifestyle brand catering to wealthy, well-connected individuals in and around this area of space. In order to achieve this, we'll need to grow and invest, and part of my plan to do that is to stop leasing costly cargo and commercial space on worlds like this one, and instead own our own facilities. That's where this contract comes in."

The redhead touched a key on the desk, and the holoprojector hummed to life, displaying the long, angular image of the station she and her team had designed, casting a purpleish glow on the surface of the desk around it.

qhvjh6c.gif

"TranStar station. Part trading post. Part general supply. Part residence. Part commercial venture. Part lifestyle destination," she said, pointing out the different areas as she spoke. "We lack the facilities to build such a station at this time, hence our need to look externally. First things first -- do you believe your company has the facility and resources to construct something like this?" She gestured to the station.

[OOC : Now its my turn to apologize!] [member="Aderyn Carlisle"]

"Smart thinking."

As the projection came to life, Judah leaned over, hands resting on his knees so he could see the model better. It was an odd design for a space station in his opinion but it would allow for maximum docking. If Miss Carlisle was interested in making a lifestyle brand it would make his job have a few extra steps but nothing that was impossible. Perhaps just longer in the construction period.

"This would not be impossible. We could do this one of two ways. First is how we usually do these things - salvaged space stations repurposed to modern needs.Chop them up a bit, add new components and the like. Everything is re-skinned and looks bright and shiny new with considerable savings. These are typically built 'on-site' so to speak. Second would be brand new, nearly the same process except it will be built orbiting a planet and towed on site. It takes awhile to tow these."

Judah straightened once more, leaning back into the plush back.

"It would merely be a matter of what you are looking for in the end when it comes to building this station. If we were picked of course you would be included in every step, from salvage to final ribbon cutting."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom