Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Square One

Hearing that someone had spotted her while in the clutches of a Sith Inquisitor earned a considerate hum from the Knight. Then again, a red haired pink skinned woman was hard to miss—especially off of her home world. “Can I ask who tipped you off?” Joza looked genuinely curious, recalling the prisoner transfer and all those that were present. It couldn’t have been Darth Ax’no herself, perhaps her silent friend who had tossed the Zeltron one of his own sabers as soon as battle erupted? “Of course, I understand if information of that sort is better kept private. Can’t go exposing agents and all that, right?”

Thin brows arched, but she made no other movement as Connor sat beside her. Joza was just now realizing how unburdening it felt to talk about her problems—she was scared at first, revealing how close she’d been to following her infatuation to the dark side. Mostly because she feared that she’d be thrown into a cell, but was prepared to face that if it meant that she’d one day be able to feel comfortable on Voss again.

“He and I always did have ‘fated’ meetings.” Joza mused softly, recalling how many times she and Haytham crossed paths suddenly. Perhaps they were following subtle tugs in the Force as their bond grew, but there’d only been a handful of times where they’d actually set up a meeting. The last of which took her quite a while to get any sort of response from him. “I don’t want to face him in battle again. I only want to talk to him, but the time for that has probably passed. I’m not sure what I might do if I encounter him again.” Would she dissolve into tears, or hold her ground? Would she long to be with him, and perhaps drift back over into the darkness? It was terrifying to think of, but it was a possibility that she had to examine.

“Thank you,” Leveling her gaze back onto Connor, she gave him a firm yet sincere look. “For talking me though this. I know that things won’t be easy here on out, but it’s good to know that I’m not alone.”

[member="Connor Harrison"]

"Let’s just say it was someone with your best interests at heart."

Connor gave a smile and looked away, up at the Temple before the two small figures sat before it.

"I think, sadly, when your paths cross again, it will only be you who can make the choice where to stand. With him, or against him. And in that respect, with us, or against us. It’s as clear as that I’m afraid Joza."

While he was blunt, he was truthful. No amount of molly-coddling the girl or trying to ease the reality of her difficult situation; if he did that, he would be doing her no favours in the long run.

"And you’re very welcome. I’m always willing to listen, or to help. I’ve been through it all as well, so if I can lend a hand to pull you though with less trauma than I sufficed, I’ll have done my job and made a decent fighter out of you yet. Just don’t be afraid to call for help if you need it. I may not be good at much, but if someone needs me, I’ll be there."

With that, he felt she had earnt a firm but reassuring squeeze on the shoulder, and then laced his hands and looked out at the sunset behind the Temple, wondering where Joza’s destiny really was, and what part he had played in helping her find it.

[member="Joza Perl"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom