Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karisa

Brask'ari'sabosen (retired)
uz9PLDX.jpg
In'dulge Nightclub
Ch'avz, Sposia
Brask'ari'sabosen wasn't sure about this, but the doctor had agreed to meet a colleague at the newest hot spot in downtown Ch'avz that had opened in the last year. Apparently it was an intervention of sorts to help the Chiss woman move forward from the events of the Battle of Bakura that still plagued her. She didn't know what they were talking about... all was fine with the good doctor, well that was what Ari kept telling herself. Denial was a wonderful coping mechanism, but a horrible objective friend.

The physical wounds that she had acquired when the Chief Medical Officer's medevac crashed on the rich, blue and green Wild Space World while the Chiss Ascendancy battled against the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium had long ago healed, but the mental anguish had not. Survivor's guilt and PTSD kept the Sabosen from finding any peace or resolution in the aftermath as a POW. A return to normalcy after being sprung from captivity was difficult for her though achieved because it was the Chiss way as emotions were supposed to be held in check.

But, the blue-skinned, red eyed beauty of the Unknown Regions was near-human after all not a droid. Raw feelings could only be suppressed so much before cracks appeared in a Chiss' stoic nature as portrayed in their public persona, including hers it seemed. There was evidence this was happening to Brask'ari'sabosen as she tended to wear them on her sleeve so to speak more than others of her kind. It could be seen as a weakness, yes, but it's also where her compassion came from too; a strength from a certain point of view needed for a medical provider.

She had been listed as MIA, presumed KIA after the battle ended so no official search and rescue had been initiated by the CEDF; he did not come for her, only Mitth'oru'sabosen moved heaven and earth to find his daughter still believing in his heart she was alive. The CMO had been hunted by the Ssi-ruuk on the ground through the rain forests like a sport, then finally captured by the warring reptiles and taken to one of their entechment facilities. The Syndic sent one of his elite Household Phalanx squads on a black ops mission well behind enemy lines to rescue her... just in time. High Command had stayed silent on the matter even after the successful mission was completed and the Ambassador of House Sabosen was back on home soil.

X5BpgBb.png
The hoverlimo dropped Brask'ari'sabson off at the front door. She slipped from the vehicle with grace onto the covered purple carpet area, then entered the upscale nightclub called In'dulge to find it in full party swing. The beat of the heady music had an almost hypnotic effect along with the inviting environment; lights and decor. Immediately her nerves calmed down a bit as she descended the grand-split staircase carefully in a pair of stylish heels to the bottom level passing where the DJ was directing the music from on a platform in-between.

Dressed in a form-hugging little black dress with her midnight blue long tresses left loose about her shoulders, Brask'ari'sabosen strolled over to one of the two side bars that were located under the Gold Club booths situated on the top level, which had privacy glass and sound proofing if desired for business or pleasure. In the middle of the dome-topped room were large booths that lined the dance floor and smaller ones behind them. At the other end was where the VIP's sat on the second tier. They could peruse the whole nightclub from their advantage and had their own bar that carried exclusive spirits and fine wines; the Sabosen family label one of them.

Not seeing her colleague as of yet, Brask'ari'sabosen took a seat at the bar, sliding onto a padded stool that had an empty spot next to it. She placed her clutch purse on the counter and gave the bartender a friendly nod as he stared at her with his glowing crimson male eyes.

"I will have your house white, please... and a glass of water as well," the Sabosen stated with an air of knowledge, remembering hydration was half the battle to warding off a bad hangover, well that and not over indulging in the first place, which wasn't the plan anyway. Just a nice relaxing night out leaving cares and worries for another time, hopefully.

[member="Malicar"]​

Ebj93bR.png

In'dulge Nightclub

Ch'avz, Sposia

wtE0UXx.png

Sposia. It had been some time since Malicar had visited such a planet. The Chiss crimelord had not been on the planet since he and Remi made their play on the In’dulge Nightclub and sought to thin out the underworld competition.

Remi…

The Shi’ido had been his right hand for years, but she had disappeared. When an Underboss disappears, one assumes the worst: betrayal, snitching, death. Regardless, Malicar tied up every loose end that had Remi’s name on it and went back to work. It was as if the creature had never existed. She was wearing the guise of his long, dead cousin. But now she too could finally be laid to rest…especially after he killed her years ago.

When times were simpler…

The was a nostalgia as the crimelord strode into In’dulge. Many, who assumed Malicar dead or worse, tried in vain to hide their surprise at laying their eyes on him. It had been some time since he was last seen in the Chiss Ascendancy. Of course, that did not mean that he had not been conducting business in Chiss space. It was quite the opposite. Business was good…better than good. But that did not mean the Chiss Ascendancy was doing well. Malicar had never intended to tie his assets’ fate to that of the Ascendancy. Perhaps when the Ascendancy needed him the most, he disappeared. Interstellar Shipping opened a new headquarters on Dremulae in the Corellian Confederation. The leader of the Eclipse Consortium and owner of Interstellar Shipping made the Corellian Confederation a deal they found intriguing and so Malicar tied his fate with theirs, opting for a safer investment in Corellia. In addition, the Eclipse Consortium made their second headquarters there as well. And so the reach of the Eclipse Consortium spread…

dIiL0Ow.png

Many moved out of the Chiss’ way as he spied his “target” sitting at the bar, helping herself to a glass of white wine.

Dear Karisa…

Much had changed since he saw the medical officer last. She had retired from the CEDF, but still serving in the reserves. The Chiss Ascendancy was not a place of prominence anymore, it was not the beacon of nationalism for the Chiss people, and it was not a source of pride in many scenarios. This was why Malicar did not tie his fate to that of his people. While it would have been ideal and noteworthy, it was not meant to last. The unholy union between organized crime and the Ascendancy was never meant to be sustainable. And so Malicar treated it as such, taking and spreading the Consortium’s tendrils throughout Chiss space…and he still had his eyes on In’dulge.

Karisa had not changed: confident, sexy, brilliant…but something was different.

Despair? Desperation? Innocence lost? Sorrow?

Something was amiss to Malicar regarding Karisa, but he could not place it. For her to request a meeting with him was something already amiss. They were worlds apart, but connections were connections. Before he responded with an affirmative, he did his own research into Karisa and what was going on with the former Chief Medical Officer. While the current status of her working at the Sabosen R & D facility was low hanging fruit, there was more there. Much was in whispers surrounding Bakura and what happened to her. Malicar was intrigued and pressed further, dipping into this contacts within the CEID. In fact, many of his associates still worked in intelligence. The records were sealed for a reason…she was forgotten by all. Even Thorne. Reading further, he saw that she had been through a lot on that planet. Malicar found himself respecting her far more than he ever had. Events like that changed people…he knew. Curiosity was aching within him. He was anxious to see what Karisa would be in front of him.

The music was pulsing and the lights were flashing rhythmically, but this was the type of scene the crimelord was used to. He was armed underneath his longcoat. Malicar had already marked the threats, the exits, the security and potential weapons nearby. The biggest threat in the room was his own security detail.

Ideal…

Approaching Karisa, he gently laid a hand on her shoulder and said just loud of enough for her to make out, “Karisa? Pleasure. This is a marvelous look for you, doctor. Do you mind if I join you?”

The hand slid off of her shoulder immediately. Malicar imposed a touch for many reasons. Perhaps the main reason was to observe her response and gauge reaction. It was the briefest of contact, but enough that it was unmistakable. He smoothly slid in beside her. The crimelord’s brilliant eyes searched hers for many moments before turning to the bartender, “A glass of dark Roonadan, if you would.”

He was standing at the bar, nestled between seats, leaning slightly on the bar. Turning back to Karisa, he formed an easy smile and inquired innocently, “I am pleased to see you. While a social call would be ideal, I suspect there is substance behind this reunion. Do tell me how I can be of service?”

gVylV75.png
[member="Karisa"]

Karisa

The bartender placed the glass of Indulge's "House White" in front of Brask'ari'sabosen on a cocktail napkin with a well-practiced flair from someone who took pride in his service and craft. The doctor gave him an appreciative nod, then picked up the wide-bowled white wine glass. It was a hint that this particular one would be full-bodied; something the Sabosen favored. She lifted the glass up to her nose and took in the nuances and subtleties of the bouquet, then took a sip of the pale yellow liquid. It was an oaked Chardonnay with rich vanilla flavors and a mouthfeel of its luscious and rich wood aging. The Chardonnay was pleasing to Ari's palate so she flashed a pleased smile at the Chiss behind the bar.

A beep came from inside her clutch purse indicating Brask'ari'sabosen had received a text message. She opened the purse and took out her comlink. The doctor's crimson eyes read the message sent from her colleague. Figured. The woman had cancelled on her. A little sigh was uttered from her glossed lips, then Ari took another sip from the half-full wine glass. Looks like it was going to be a one drink and home early night out. So much for going to all the trouble to get dolled up for nothing when she had things at the lab she could be working on. Burying herself in multiple projects had kept the consummate professional from thinking about the terrors she had seen and experienced in combat... and lack of any social life.

Whatever favored ship for an arranged marriage by her father had sailed. The real question was there ever really one between them? It was probably more wishful thinking on her part, perhaps even a bit of desperation as age was starting to creep up on the Sabosen for a considered 'good match', but it took two of the same mindset to make it work. And now? Ari hadn't a clue what she wanted anymore. She was a changed woman after the events of recent. The belief in the Red Flame that used to burn brightly in the proud Chiss' mind, body and soul was only a flicker now; smoldering out with hopes low of ever rekindling to where it was before.

X5BpgBb.png

A more hearty sip of wine was taken to help drown those wistful thoughts when a familiar voice cut through the fog. The warm and gentle touch of the man's hand upon her shoulder next made Ari's dark head turn to find a handsome Chiss standing there by her side. It took a moment to realize who he was. When they had last met and for the first time, she only had seen his memorable eyes as they both had on masquerade masks while attending the Ascendancy's Annual Ball held on Csillla. The full view of his chiseled good looks was quite nice to lay her glowing red eyes upon, and quite frankly a relief to know a friendly face among the crowd of partiers at the swank nightclub.

It wasn't often another Chiss used Brask'ari'sabosen's core name within Chiss Space, but she remembered Vesnam'alica'raith was well-traveled outside the Ascendancy from the small talk they had engaged in while dancing at the ball be it brief... Hmm, maybe too brief. It had been a big night for the Sabosen family as they regained their status as a Ruling House of the Chiss Ascendancy. Plus, there had been an unfortunate intra-house event involving the Nuruodos that had interrupted the festivities and shortened the hopeful night for some.

"Malicar... Why thank you. Of course, please join me," Ari smiled sweetly, using his core name in like and motioning to the empty bar stool with a subtle motion of her hand in a gracious manner.

"Your reply to my inquiry was vague as to when you might be on planet next. What a pleasant surprise to see you here now, and most fortunate as I am drinking alone as you can see, which is never a good thing," she said in a good natured way; an uptick in her previous sour mood noted if one had been observant.

"Well, that is a good question. I was hoping with your vast shipping contacts, you may help me with acquiring some medical supplies that seem to be hard to come by these days. You would be compensated well for your time and assistance... I heard you have expanded your business coreward? How is that going?"

[member="Malicar"]​

Ebj93bR.png

In'dulge Nightclub
Ch'avz, Sposia
wtE0UXx.png

For a moment, Malicar was unsure he was speaking to the same Sabosen noble, but it was indeed her and she had indeed changed. He couldn’t place his finger on it quite yet, but it was a pleasant change. There was a reckless “edge” to her that Malicar found extremely appealing.

The bartender slid the Roonagan dark wine in front of the crimelord. Grasping the wine glass, he swirled the dark red elixir and then gave a slight sniff, followed by a small sip. With a nod, the bartender filled his glass up as he put it down on the bar. Plucking the glass back up, he gave took a hearty sip and turned back to face Karisa.

Bantering playfully back, he surmised, “Drink alone? The Ascendancy’s most decorated medical officer? That is a travesty that we cannot allow to continue. Consider yourself now accompanied…”

He flashed a small smile to Karisa before taking another pull from his wine glass. His smile faded slightly and he offered, “I am sorry about your experience on Bakura. You did not deserve such a fate or such treatment. I am quite pleased to see that you are back, better than ever I might add.”

Pause.

“Business. Yes, medical supplies need moving. Are these your traditional pharmaceuticals…or have you expanded your inventory to more profitable narcotics? Regardless, I should be able to help you…we will get to that soon enough.”

Grinning, he took another sip and slid a bit closer, but still not intrusive. The volume in his voice dipped and he offered, “You asked about our expansion coreward? I will tell you that it was the correct move to make with the Corellian Confederation being quite the gracious host to my company and my other…interests. Dremulae is a beautiful planet, a destination resort planet that I now call ‘headquarters. You should see it. I could be convinced to take you there…”

gVylV75.png
[member=Karisa]

Karisa

"Mhm... Well not most, but I will drink to that," the Sabosen nodded, then took a nice sip of the white wine. At this pace finishing a whole bottle off herself wouldn't be out of the question, but definitely not a smart thing to do in such mixed company. It was different if in the privacy of her home.

"Thank you... Me too quite frankly," she answered Malicar with a side wink; both hands cuddling the stem of the wine glass as it sat on the cocktail napkin atop the bar.

So it was to be business before pleasure. Brask'ari'sabosen was used to that being the Chiss way and believing in the Red Flame principles though as of late had been disillusioned to a degree. The question of what she was looking for came up for discussion, then the handsome Chiss closed the gap a bit between them so the conversation could be a little more discrete and yes, seemingly more intimate too. His cologne was of a spicy male scent... It was the same he'd worn at the ball, and complimented the Vesnam's commanding yet rather suave persona. Chiss weren't well known for being the latter. If honest she found it intriguing, but knew better than to get enticed by it too much...

"I know of the Deep Core planet as there is a particular plant that grows there which has highly effective healing properties especially helpful in treating lightsaber cuts. Oh, and I am interested in both actually," the doctor replied in a equally hushed tone, then took another sip of her drink and paused for a moment in thought.

"Corellian Confederation, hmm? Now what is that human saying... oh yes. Good luck, you're gonna need it," Ari quipped lightly with a soft chuckle.

X5BpgBb.png
[member="Malicar"]​

Ebj93bR.png

In'dulge Nightclub
Ch'avz, Sposia
wtE0UXx.png

Malicar caught the eye of the bartender, who promptly filled his glass with the Roonadan elixir. It was apparent there was some familiarity with the bartender due to his very meticulous care of the pair. The crimelord took a pull of the wine, savoring the exotic test as his eyes closed briefly and then opened to peer back at Karisa as she spoke. The bartender took that is an affirmative and slide down to help the next customer.

Smiling, the Chiss answered with a bit of excitement, “You speak of Dreamul'er? Oh yes, amazing remedy. I happen to know a person or two there that would be willing to deal with you. And Dremulae itself? We have some sights similar in the Ascendancy…but nothing like this. It is truly beautiful…”

His eyes held hers for moments more. The ambiguity of the statement may have provided an uncomfortable moment. Or not. It did not seem Malicar was ever uncomfortable…

“Then it is settled then! Although, being only two of a few Chiss on that planet, I would recommend sticking very close. It is a resort planet, but only skin deep…”

1sm52sw.png

"Corellian Confederation, hmm? Now what is that human saying... oh yes. Good luck, you're gonna need it,"

Malicar chuckled, raised a glass and retorted, “Good point. We create our own luck. If our luck runs out, we move away. Such is the advantage of being a shipping company. We can literally be gone from Dremulae in less than 24 hours…but there are many, many credits to be made there before such talk.”

The music shifted, pulsating nearly reverberating the entire building. Malicar enjoyed seeing all the Chiss let their hair down and relax some. But very few were brave enough to show such celebration in public. Malicar was his own being, who carved out his own fate—societal expectations were lost on him decades ago, but he could muster them in an instant…when he had to.

Holding his glass in preparation for a toast, he said, “To my lovely companion this eve, Karisa. May the galaxy understand her brilliance, her heart, and her beauty. To the Ascendancy of the past and to the times ahead of us…”

It could have been seen as “cheesy”, but there seemed to be no insincerity in his words at all, which made it something else.
gVylV75.png
[member=Karisa]

Karisa

He certainly is presumptuous.... Definitely not your average male Chiss or like any of the ones I know or am supposed to be engaging with. My father would not approve.

The amused thought crossed Ari's mind as the good doctor listened to Malicar's spiel about the desired place he wanted to take her and the opportunities it might hold if only she just say the word. It was beginning to sound and feel more than just purely a business trip offer.

"I will take that under advisement," she nodded sagely.

Karisa would be lying if she didn't find the shipping tycoon rather attractive and his company so far intriguing.... Well, in a bad boy sort of way. And if he could help her get the supplies she needed desperately for House Sabosen's stock piles, then her time spent doing business with him would be a win-win, right?

"To the Ascendancy, and our future indeed," Ari answered with an agreeable smile, then she clinked her glass against his and finished off what wine was left in it.

With the shift in the music to a more heavy and throbbing beat, it certainly made one want to move to it. Karisa's foot began to bob subtly in sync with the rhythm as one long leg had been crossed over the other after the toast as she sat dignified upon the bar stool.

"I am curious, Malicar, do you enjoy a virtual happiness experience or do you prefer the real thing?" she inquired with the slightest uptick at the corners of her mouth if in a teasing manner, then the normally reserved Chiss quickly clarified the question realizing how suggestive that may sound.

Gods, where was her head tonight?! Obviously not where it should be for the Sabosen daughter. A sim-vacation was what Karisa was referring to.

"I mean... I seem to recall reading that Dremulae's Sea of Translucency is more a holographic simulation than natural beauty."

X5BpgBb.png
[member="Malicar"]​

Ebj93bR.png

In'dulge Nightclub

Ch'avz, Sposia

wtE0UXx.png

Four exits, five marks packing, two interested in our conversation, male and female chiss, female could be armed at thigh, 10 second egress to nearest exit, bar reinforced with durasteel and plastoid for cover…

It was automatic. It continually ran as a background “process”. Malicar knew himself well enough to know that when spending quality time with another in a public setting, it was when he was most vulnerable to his enemies. However, being in Chiss space lessened the risk, being on Sposia lessened the risk even more. Regardless, it was hard to turn it off...

He caught the eye of one of his security personnel and his hands flicked as he briefly stretched. Blooded members of the Eclipse Consortium were taught a sign language that possessed a subtle, slient communication. The chiss immediately understand the person of interest – the female chiss who was taking an interest in Malicar and Karisa. To someone casually watching Malicar, it was nothing out of the ordinary, no exchange happened.

But Karisa was engaged in conversation, so she could tell there was something outside of their conversation that required Malicar’s attention briefly. If Karisa was not paying attention, it would not have been noticed.

His eyes met hers once again and the House Vesnam noble did not miss a beat, “Excellent question, dear Karisa. I tried the virtual experience and it is simply not for me. While Dremulae offers those services for those who enjoy that sort of thing, I prefer Dremulae because of the real Sea of Translucency. No hologram does Dremulae and the Sea of Translucency justice. Experiencing such things in the flesh is the only way to live your life, would you agree?”

His eyes flicked across the room to see a pair of his detail escorting the female out. She was limp in their arms, so it was apparent they had administered a tranq before engaging her. Now it appeared as if it was a trio of party-goers calling it a night. He knew she would be questioned quickly and the truth would flow.

The music shifted again, slowing it down allowing for more deliberate dances. Malicar extended a hand with a grin and observed, “I seem to recall you enjoying dance on occasion…?”

gVylV75.png

[member="Karisa"]

Karisa

"I tend to be a purest of heart, so I would agree the natural beauty of such things is preferable, yes," Ari nodded with a hint of mirth etched in her crimson orbs, then she took a sip from the glass of water ordered earlier to go with the wine.

As the two further conversed at the bar and got to know each other better, it seemed as if Malicar's attention was split to a degree. His glances away were subtle, though still Karisa picked up on the nuisance of them.... The man kept looking over to another woman across the nightclub. It didn't seem to be a flirtation per see as there was the slightly furrow in the Vesnam's brow. So what was she to him? Some kind of ex... or even threat to the guy from having a nice night out?

It didn't take long for the mystery woman to be escorted out by some men, possibly bar security. Her physical senses had seemingly been dimmed by them using some means as the patron's lax body indicated while being aided out. It was disconcerting, but she didn't have enough knowledge of the situation to consider it more at this point other than to be mindful of the incident.

Karisa smiled at the invitation to dance. She only hesitated a moment before slipping her hand into Malicar's extended one. "I seem to recall you rather enjoy it as well," the doctor replied, then added with a slightly nervous quip as she slipped from the bar and stood to follow the Noble man out onto the dance floor and into the sea of bumping and grinding Chiss.

"Though I have to say this isn't quite the dancing we experienced together at the ball, I will do my best to endeavor," she grinned softly as her shapely hips began to move to the slower rhythm and tone, blue-hued arms began to sway to and fro in front of her fit body. With the Sabosen's musical background, she didn't have too much trouble finding the groove of the beat and reacting with stylish grace.

X5BpgBb.png
[member="Malicar"]​

Ebj93bR.png

In'dulge Nightclub

Ch'avz, Sposia

wtE0UXx.png

While Malicar had been trained in dance in its many forms by his House, it was dance to this sort of music offworld where his practical experience outweighed his training. A grin formed on the handsome Chiss’ face as the Sabosen noble took his hand. Throwing back the rest of the contents of his wine glass with his free hand, he plopped the empty vessel on the bar. The crimelord promptly led her out amongst the crowded floor, through the throngs of blue-skinned revelers, more than a few party-goers giving the Vesnam noble a bit more room to traverse than was necessary. Turning around once at an ideal spot (with sightlines to three of the four exits), with Karisa’s hand still in his, she began to dance, her shapely hips began to move to the slower rhythm and tone, blue-hued arms began to sway to and fro in front of her fit body.

Malicar faced her and matched her movements, swaying to the beat of the music. Still ever the gentleman, the crimelord was a scant few inches from touching her, looking in her eyes as they shifted and writhed to the music.

gVylV75.png

[member="Karisa"]

Karisa

Karisa felt all eyes of the nightclub were upon them as the two nobles moved their bodies in sync with one another; well more so just one pair that truly mattered, and those belonged to Malicar. His mesmerizing gaze was hard to look away from, but to be honest she didn't really want to. In her current state of mind, all she wanted to feel was alive and he certainly had sparked something in her.

When their glowing reds met, she felt on fire with a warmth from inside enveloping the coolness of her velvety soft, blue-hued skin outward. Did the man do this to all the women he bedazzled with his charm and good looks or just her? The Sabosen wasn't naive enough to think it was her alone, but she liked to think the shipping tycoon found her a joy to be with equally. Her mind drifted to things they ought naught as the ensuing dancing brought them closer and closer.

Malicar was so different from any other male Chiss she'd ever encountered in her tight circle of 'potentials' as they were called, not that Ari was actively looking... Any ways, it didn't matter if she was as House Sabosen followed the traditional practice of arranged pairings for their sons and daughters. It was to the betterment of the family as marriages were brokered not only for preferred procreation, but more so for power. Chiss politics between the Ruling Houses and within each family was cutthroat. Survival of the fittest and/or the most cunning won the day.

"I do not know about you, but I could really use another drink. Perhaps I might try what you were having earlier... " she uttered softly into her partner's ear as the last song of the long set finished up.

X5BpgBb.png
[member="Malicar"]​

Ebj93bR.png

In'dulge Nightclub

Ch'avz, Sposia

wtE0UXx.png

As a matter of course and with the music taking hold, the pair slowly closed the distance between them, no longer keeping the threshold between them. They were a pair of chiss among a hundred more chiss paired up, swaying and dancing to the beat. It was provocative and sensuous as their eyes continued to lock on one another.

Malicar enjoyed the company of Karisa. It was rare he was in the company of a noble of her refinement and her dazzling intellect. Combining those traits with physical attributes, the crimelord found himself enjoying his time with her immensely. He was hesitant to continue where this was headed because he knew that the more time someone spent with him, the more they would be entered into his world—death, blood and brutality. But he decided he would risk it this once. Most women to Malicar were one one night here, a couple there, but never anything more. He would never allow anyone to get that close to him, so after a few days, there was a parting of ways. It was a decision he did not take lightly, but his desire to know more of the Sabosen noble took hold and won the day...

As the song finished, she leaned in and whispered, "I do not know about you, but I could really use another drink. Perhaps I might try what you were having earlier... "

Their proximity to one another was close…very close. As the pair unfurled, he nodded with a smile and kept his hand in hers taking her to the bar where they left from. A pair of men were sitting at the bar where Malicar’s glass was. Both chiss turned to look at him as the crimelord stood behind them. Their eyes met. A sinister grin came to his handsome face, “Thank you so much for saving our seats for us…”

The tone of his voice was unmistakable. It was a challenge and a threat wrapped up into silky verbiage. There was an exchange between the three men that could only be described as a battle of wills or bravado. The pair exchanged glances with one another, nodded to Malicar and left the bar stools. Whether they knew who he was or not, it did not matter to the crimelord…his voice did not broker any sort of negotiation or compromise.

Turning to Karisa, he gestured for her to sit. As she did, he took his seat, once again quickly scanning the club. Not seeing any immediate need for alarm, he looked over to the bartender, “We will finish out that bottle of Roonadan you were holding for me, Chase.”

Reaching under the bar, the bartender pulled a bottle of dark wine and brought a fresh glass in front of Karisa. He filled hers and then refilled Malicar’s.

With a dip of his head, Malicar acknowledged the Sabosen noble in front of him and observed, “Dear Karisa, I have to leave for Dremulae tomorrow midday. It should take about 4 days if there are no unforeseen delays. It would please me greatly if you were to take this trip with me…see to your medicinal remedies, after all…”

gVylV75.png

[member="Karisa"]

Karisa

By the time they had returned to their seat at the bar, the stools were occupied by two other Chiss. Karisa was fine with finding another spot, but Malicar would not have it. He definitely was an alpha male that much was evident in the way the Vesnam handled the situation. With just a certain look, stance, and tone of voice, the two men vacated the spot. She was thankful no further issue came up.

Karisa slid back upon the stool she sat on before and crossed over one long leg over the other; the toe of her heeled shoe brushing ever so against the pant leg of the other noble. When the bartender reached for the bottle of Roonadan from behind the counter, he also pulled out her clutch purse that she'd left unattended with her empty wine glass from earlier.

"Oh my... Thank you for securing it for me," Ari nodded appreciatively with a slight purplish tone to her cheeks as the bartender poured her a glass of the dark wine, then one for the shipping tycoon. It was very unusual for the doctor to be so careless. Seems lately she was more and more scatterbrained... probably from lack of sleep as it was hard to come by when nightmares always lurked just under the surface of any deep slumber obtained.

"So soon? Well... If I am to accompany you to Dremulae for the supplies requested, then this will have to be an early night I am afraid. I have many family things to take care of beforehand," she nodded, then raised her glass to his. "May our skies be clear and our bounty plentiful," came a toast with a clinking of their glasses.

A quick check of the bouquet proceeded the wine passing her supple lips. A momentary pause as the subtle flavors were accessed by taste buds before swallowing the dark wine.

"Mmmm... Your wine choice is most excellent, Malicar," she smiled with a very satisfied look etched in her crimson orbs as they gazed upon him. "This one though I have never encountered before... The grapes are definitely not Chiss grown. What region do they come from? If I may, I should like to get a few bottles for my father's wine cellar he keeps well-stocked at the estate."

X5BpgBb.png
[member="Malicar"]​

Ebj93bR.png

In'dulge Nightclub

Ch'avz, Sposia

wtE0UXx.png

"So soon? Well... If I am to accompany you to Dremulae for the supplies requested, then this will have to be an early night I am afraid. I have many family things to take care of beforehand. May our skies be clear and our bounty plentiful.”

The glasses clinked and both took a long sip. Malicar responded, “Excellent! It is short notice, so the early evening is certainly understandable.”

He watched as she sipped on the Roonadan and smirked.

"Mmmm... Your wine choice is most excellent, Malicar. This one though I have never encountered before... The grapes are definitely not Chiss grown. What region do they come from? If I may, I should like to get a few bottles for my father's wine cellar he keeps well-stocked at the estate."

Nodding the Chiss responded, “I do business in the Corporate Sector within the Bonadan System. Roonadan is a planet in that system. The fruits that grow there are hardy. The wineries there are quite popular due to it being the only planet that can support vineyards. As such, their wine bars are quite famous. I ensure some of my favorite spots in the Ascendancy has a supply of out-of-system wines. This is the last bottle of this particular one in the system, which is why I had dear Chase hold it for us.”

After raising a glass to Chase for his service, he took another sip and continued, “You have convinced me that we will make a couple of stops on the way to Dremulae to make sure we adequately fill your own wine cellar…or your father’s if that is your desire.”

Looking back over to Chase, he requested, “A refill for the lady and I, and we will be out of your hair, Chase…”

The bartender grinned, filled both glasses to half, gave Malicar a nod and then tended to other customers. The crimelord slid a credit stick across the bar and extended his hand to Karisa, “I will see you home…”

With that, the pair made their way out of the nightclub and once again, a wide berth given.
gVylV75.png

[member="Karisa"]

Karisa

"Hmm... I haven't been to the Corporate Sector or Tingal Arm. Actually, the furthest galactic-east rimward I have traveled is Lorrd as a representative of the Ascendancy. Now the Western Reaches and adjacent Wild Space I know fairly well from my time serving with the First Order in my younger days, and the Unknown Regions especially Chiss Space of course," the Sabosen offered.

Before the One Sith had occupied Csilla during their iron grip on the galaxy, she had been a sheltered Chiss never setting foot outside the borders of their homeland.

"Oh? Well, do not go out of your way too much for my sake. I will be happy just to return with the medical supplies in hand that are so needed," she nodded modestly, then added with a soft grin. "Anything else acquired will be icing on the cake as human's say."

Tsk, tsk... Karisa finished off the first glass of the dark wine like it was water, almost, then a refill was poured by the bartender, who seemingly had a personal relationship with the Vesnam established already. Did that mean the shipping tycoon gave patronage to the In'dulge Nightclub and visited Sposia on a more regular basis than she realized...

Thank goodness Chase only filled the glass halfway this time. Her head was being to spin a bit, but well from being drunk... Just feeling very good. Course, part of the exhilaration felt was the company she was keeping most likely, which should be a red flag to her to be careful. Too much of a good thing is just that...

As the Chiss couple headed for the door of the nightclub, Malicar offered to escort her home. Karisa thought about that for a moment as they strolled through the crowd and out into the fresh, seaside night air. It was so tempting to counter with a suggestion of sharing a night cap. I mean, there was definitely chemistry growing between them... But as it was, proper etiquette dictated the Sabosen Noble should go home by herself, and very out of character to even consider the other option. Any ways, the family hover limo was already in line in the VIP parking area to pick her up, so that notion was pushed aside very quickly.

"Thank you Malicar for the wonderful evening, unfortunately brief as it was, but my ride is waiting to take me back to the estate. I could drop you off at your lodgings on the way, if you like? Otherwise, I will see you tomorrow at the spaceport. Which docking bay is it we are leaving from?"

X5BpgBb.png
[member="Malicar"]​

Ebj93bR.png

In'dulge Nightclub

Ch'avz, Sposia

wtE0UXx.png

"Oh? Well, do not go out of your way too much for my sake. I will be happy just to return with the medical supplies in hand that are so needed. Anything else acquired will be icing on the cake as human's say."

The crimelord waved her off and replied, “Nonsense. Those stops will break up the trip nicely.”

Malicar noticed her ride and said sincerely, “Perfect. I just wanted to make sure you got home safely.

"Thank you Malicar for the wonderful evening, unfortunately brief as it was, but my ride is waiting to take me back to the estate. I could drop you off at your lodgings on the way, if you like? Otherwise, I will see you tomorrow at the spaceport. Which docking bay is it we are leaving from?"

Malicar dipped his head and kissed her hand, “Til the morrow then. Docking Bay 110…”

gVylV75.png

[member="Karisa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom