Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sposia Dreams

Karisa

Brask'ari'sabosen (retired)
Sposia Dreams takes place before this thread in Karisa's personal timeline.
3zxjxIX.jpg
Sabosen Family Estate, Main House
It was another beautiful day on Sposia. There was a nice breeze coming in off the ocean so the daytime heat of coastal summer felt pleasant to work outside. Brask'ari'sabosen had taken to tending the rose garden on the grounds of the family estate her late mother had planted. It was something she found simple enjoyment in plus it was therapeutic as well considering what had happened to her...

The proud Sabosen daughter was still healing from being held as a POW by the Ssi-Ruuk after her medevac had crashed on Bakura during the battle there against the warring reptilians of Wild Space. The physical injures had long ago been mended, but the mental anguish still lingered though hidden for the most part. She had returned to working at the Ruling House's R & D facility located in Ch'avz City proper, but had since retired from the CEDF. Well, no one truly did. The Chief Medical Officer was now a reservist, and would serve if called back to duty in a time of need. But for now, family matters were taking a priority.

And, taking time to smell the roses, literally...

Another fragrant, hybrid tea rose was smelt with joy, then cut on the diagonal just above a five-leaf and placed in a wicker gathering basket that had already several other long stem roses meant for making fresh bouquets in the many crystal vases spread about the house. The blue mauve one was called the Rose Waltz Time; her favorite.

This is about when the sound of a ship was heard overhead and caught the Chiss beauty's attention. Brask'ari'sabosen wasn't expecting anyone today hence the very causal look worn; a loose white blouse, a pair of hip hugging jeans, and her long, midnight blue tresses pulled over to one side with a single braid hanging down over her shoulder. The only makeup donned was some lightly tinted lip balm to keep the doctor's lips from getting chapped; keeping things simple and unpretentious .

Brask'ari'sabosen tilted her dark head upward towards the sky and put her gloved hand up to block out the sun. Her crimson eyes spotted in the near distance a personal transport on final approach to the landing pad next to the main house of the expansive estate that sat on the cliffs overlooking the Great Sea of Sposia just outside the capital city.

Long legs began Ari's short walk from the garden area in her gardening clogs to the landing zone with basket and sheers in hand to greet whom ever was visiting unannounced. She hoped it wasn't some uppity dignitary as her attire was not up to usual prim and proper standards to receive them. But too, the Ambassador of House Sabosen wasn't quite the woman either she used to be due to circumstances beyond her control.
X5BpgBb.png
[member="Thorne"] | [member="Sentiri"]​

Many things had changed in Sentiri's life over the past few years. She was once more a member of the Ascendancy. Her expertise as an underworld crime boss, as an intelligence operative and as a director of an organization had given her enough credence to be positioned highly within the CEID, if out of the way of certain former House loyalties. And she had reconciled that, despite her best efforts, her contact with humankind, especially following the trauma she experienced after the events leading up to her exile, she had a fragile emotional state that required careful maintainance and regular attention. Her life had adapted reasonably well to these changes. Her position afforded her the opportunity to act on her random bouts of whimsy, whether it was taking a mission to unexplored places, time off for recreational activities, or simply putting her head to a fascinating slicing project.

Just as some things changed, other things probably never would. Her desperate need for caf upon waking far too late after an evening where she worked far too late was a habit that had come into existence in her teenage years and had persisted even through a rigorous military regimen attempting to break her of such poor qualities.

This morning was no different, if morning was even what time Sentiri had finally risen. She was aboard a nondescript shuttle traveling from outside Chiss Space. There had been need of her services on an ambassadorial mission of some sort. The ordeal had been exhausting. Sure, the Chiss woman was far more social now than she had been in her youth but only on her own terms. Politics was anything but. Nonetheless, she had served her role, and her knowledge of life outside of the Ascendancy often proved vital to Chiss foreign affairs.

So, when the mission drew to a close, Sentiri had formally requested a leave to follow her whimsy once more. A craft was provided for transport, time was given, the next mission would be on her desk aboard the Vesci in a week's time, and a rendezvous would be arranged when her leave was complete.

Sentiri came forward to the bridge as she felt the familiar tug and rumble of a ship dropping from orbit. She dressed rather casually in a light, purple blouse under a tan jacket open in the front. Simple black slacks led to comfortable flats on her otherwise bare feet. The only strict feature being her hair pulled back in a tight ponytail. Her third (or fourth?) cup of caf was in hand and she dropped into an empty passenger seat in the rather cramped, but efficient (what else when designed by a Chiss?), compartment. The viewport glowed shades of red and orange and yellow as the ship neatly decelerated. A small hook of a smile found way to Sentiri's lips as she looked out at the water and greenery of Sposia's capital.

In moments the ship settled down on a landing pad and, as Sentiri stood and turned from her seat, she thought she made out a shape approaching from the viewport. "Thanks for the ride!" she called over her shoulder to the pilot-captain as she grabbed in one hand her light luggage. The ramp lowered and Sentiri stepped off to find the heir to House Sabosen in clogs, jeans, and dirt stained knees. An amused expression crossed the face of the intelligence operative seeing her friend in such a state. But really, Sentiri couldn't have been happier.

"Surprise!"

[member="Karisa"]​

Karisa

QuDGXBn.png

Brask'ari'sabosen's blue-hued face lit up with joy as her crimson eyes spotted Sabosen'tir'inroikini stepping off the transport. She hadn't seen the other female Chiss... well for a long time, at least prior to the Battle of Bakura. Did the intel operative know of what happened to her? She took a deep breath and blew it out to get rid of the sick feeling that still welled up in her stomach just thinking about the ordeal.

The gardening Chiss shoved the sheers still in grasp into the side of the basket full of rose clippings and promptly pulled off her dirty right glove stuffing it into the other dirty one to hold, then she moved forward to give the woman a sideways hug in greeting after the transport lifted off. Sabosen'tir'inrokini wasn't a blood sister having married into the family, but had become the dear older sister Brask'ari'sabosen never had being the only child of Mitth'orus'sabosen and the late Brask'eri'sabosen.

"Well, look at you..... A sight for sore eyes! Welcome home, Tir. I have missed you more than you know," Ari crooned sincerely, giving the trial born a loving squeeze, then the doctor let go finally noticing the stains on the knees of her jeans. "Please excuse my homegirl and apparently filthy appearance.... I was not expecting anyone today. But you... Oh my that shade of purple is lovely on you," she smiled warmly, sliding her arm through hers as they began to walk towards the house.

"I have a freshly made peach cobbler cooling inside. Come on in and we will splurge with some ice cream to go with it, hmm? Then, you can tell me all about your travels... and the many acquaintances you have met along the way," came a conspiratorial sister wink and a soft chuckle to follow.

"Well... as much as you can without having to kill me after spilling the beans."

Of the two Chiss females, Sentiri was the more provocative one, and Karisa liked to live vicariously through her.
X5BpgBb.png
[member="Sentiri"]​

Home.

There that word was again. Since being tentatively welcomed back to the Ascendancy to being formally appointed to the CEID, Sentiri had been struggling with that word. The thought struck her that she had never really appreciated what the feeling of home was until she had been exiled. And once stripped of "home," she did everything she could to avoid making a new one. Even landing on Csilla hadn't really affected her in a way where she felt as if she had regained a sense of "home."

Yet here, in the gentle embrace of her little sister, Tir felt at home.

"Oh please, Ari," the agent teased, returning the squeeze in kind before letting go and giving her sister another look over. "I'd say you look better than ever. Get a little more dirt on your elbows and some hard-earned sweat on your brow and you'd almost take after me working on my machines." Tir gave Ari a warm smile and found that her face hurt a little from not being used to such a genuine display. "It is good to see you relaxed," she said, slipping an arm under Ari's and leading them arm-in-arm away from the ascending shuttle back toward the Sabosen family estate. With a little melancholy as Sentiri's gaze drifted over the serene grounds, she said "It is just good to see you. I've missed you too, little sister."

One of the main reasons why Sentiri found the concept of home so confounding was her upbringing. She had a modestly sized birth family. Her parents were still alive, physically well, and major figures within the Inrokini family along with her blood brother and sister. But Sentiri had been the outcast of their family of five. Growing up, she had not felt a part of their circle. And the trouble she had caused, likely due to lack of acceptance of those around her had led to her acting out. Young Tir had been fortunate to have that trouble turn into a marriage to Klaus of House Sabosen. The arrangement held a surprising amount of love but ended with the cruelest of betrayals. Sentiri was setup by Colin and Merin, her own brother and sister. Klaus was misled but had no choice but to do his duty to the Ascendancy and report his findings. Sentiri was exiled and, upon learning the truth behind the plot, took his own life in shame. The whole affair was relatively minor in the view of the Households, and everything was swept into the proverbial event horizon.

Since returning to the Ascendancy, Sentiri had made no effort to approach House Inrokini, often going out of her way to avoid them. She had found her home, here with the Sabosen family, the family she chose, and one that had accepted her back, though with some trepidation at first. A weighty recommendation from the Syndic's daughter Brask'ari'sabosen, the woman who had become the sister that Tir had deep down always wanted, gave considerable credence to Sentiri's return. Upon an exemplary trial period, she was welcomed into the family again with open arms. That meant more to Sentiri than anything she could ever hope to express in words or actions. Though try her best, especially for Ari, she would.

"Ah. Well, I do have much to tell," Tir gave Ari a mischievous grin. "The last we saw each other was... the ball?" Sentiri shook her head. Time flew sometimes in ways that she couldn't quite manage to wrap her mind around. "It has been too long, hasn't it?"

[member="Karisa"]​

Karisa

QuDGXBn.png

In Cheunh, the native language of the Chiss, Brask'air'sabosen and Sabosen'tir'inrokini were considered "k'sicen'i can to g'entehisei" meaning "sisters in the bonds". The older and younger woman would always have each others backs they pledged. It was a rarity even among the strongest of Chiss families as evidenced by how her own Inrokini blood brother and sister treated Sentiri and led to the unfortunate, though self-inflicted death of her husband all those years ago. And some thought only Mafia families were cutthroat?!

"The ball, really?! Was it then? Oh gods, yes, much too long, sissy. I seem to recall you were having a little fun that night flirting with a certain Aristocra. I never did find out what came of it... " Ari answered, flashing a smirking grin Tir's way, then she put in the security code to open the door to what the younger Sabosen called the 'mud room' on the lower level of the main house grounds-side. "With the naming of the new Ruling Houses and the death of the aging Aristocra of the Nuruodo family, the night's particulars got away from me sadly. Father needed me with him in the ensuing matters of State."

After stepping inside, Karisa removed her outdoor clogs and slipped on a pair of white Keds. The sheers and gardening gloves were placed in a cubby in the wall near the bench, then she picked up the wicker basket with the cut roses and strolled down a hallway to the informal living area.

"You can leave your bag there. Mer will make sure it gets to your room... She's my new assistant by the way."

The top level of the mansion-style home that overlooked the Great Sea of Sposia was decorated and used only for the entertaining of visiting dignitaries and VIPs of the Ascendancy. The lower two levels built into the cliffs were for Mitth'oru'sabosen and his daughter's own use along with any Sabosen they chose to stay with them. On the estate itself were cottages of various sized for the remaining family members to reside in. Some though kept other abodes or apartments in the city and/or offworld. She and her father had the latter on Csilla in Csaplar as well for when they traveled there to do business at the House Palace.

Karisa put the basket down on the island counter in the kitchen, then pointed into the dining area. "Tir, will you bring me that vase please. Yep, the crystal one on the table... So how long can you stay? There's so much we need to catch up on. It will be nice to have my big sister around."
X5BpgBb.png
[member="Sentiri"]​

The loosening up of her private life was one of the many behavioral changes that Sentiri noted after her time spent among humankind. Mostly, the operative blamed, or credited depending on her mood, her former adjutant Rhéala with that particular adaptation; too many blind dates on Terminus. And yet, Rhé had been smart about her matches. She knew that Sentiri admired passionate individuals who combined their drive with an equally impressive skill set. The Chiss woman had been hesitant at first. But the more smart matches she met, the less closed off to them she had gradually become. Rhé consistently coached her, or chided depending on the libidinous human's own mood, on how best to manage these matches to make sure they never went further than Sentiri's comfort level. Always the diligent student, Sentiri learned well, and had managed to have quite a bit of fun as a result.

That did not make emotions any less complicated under certain circumstances. Especially when the match was just a little bit too smart.

"Ah," she nodded. "Madam Prusde'zoti'lore. Quite a match." Tir threw Ari a hesitant look as they entered into a groundskeeping wookroom of the expansive estate. "We may need some wine before I relay my side of that tale." Tir was glad for the quick change of subject. "That dance turned into quite the affair. House politics have never been a simple matter. Add in the rest of the galaxy and add that much more complexity."

Truth be told, Sentiri still didn't know how best the Chiss should handle their newfound galactic spotlight. The Ascendancy had always been an isolationist society. Sentiri still liked the idea of gaining information from the shadows, letting the galaxy at large see the Chiss as nothing more than myths and legends. Such a one-way pipeline could only benefit the Ascendancy, provided that the galaxy's turmoils, all of which were self-inflicted, didn't spill into Chiss Space. But the Chiss no longer had that luxury. The Sith, the Mandalorians, the First Order. All were on the Chiss' doorstep, and those outsiders were no longer in the dark.

Tir dropped her bag where noted as she came out of the hallway leading to a beautifully sculpted living area. Tir, like Ari, had grown up in a home not all too different from this one. But to Tir, at the time, that home had felt more like a cage. She had never really appreciated what luxury was until her first apartment on Dosuun, the First Order's then-capital world. Tir placed little value in tidyness then, and it had showed. Even upon becoming Deputy Director, with a stipend more than enough to afford a penthouse, she still managed to find a way to create a disaster of wires and cables and discarded components on every inch of her rooftop apartment. Eventually, with a greater appreciation for fashion, came a greater appreciation for other art forms, architecture included. And the Sabosen estate hosted more than a fair share of stunning architecture, both practical and artistic.

"New assistant? I'm gone for a few months and everything changes." Tir took a moment to gaze out the window at the stunning ocean view beyond. This wasn't her first time visiting the estate. But sometimes she just couldn't help but appreciate the splendor of the property and its surroundings. Ari's voice pulled Tir out of her momentary reverie. She picked up and brought the vase over to the island. "I'm to report back to the Vesci in a week's time. The rendezvous itinerary is need to know and I don't yet need to know but the travel-time should be less than a day."

Tir quickly shifted her almost military-sounding reply to a far lighter and more playful tone and gave Ari a warm smile. "So I am at your disposal for the next six days, k'sicen'i."

[member="Karisa"]​

Karisa

QuDGXBn.png

"I can only imagine, well I cannot truly, but my imagination can certainly try," the younger Sabosen quipped with a playful wink, she then took the vase from Sentiri, which was her late mother's. The crystal container was etched with an intricate rose inlay at the top and was a Brask family heirloom.

Karisa trimmed the rose stems and removed the lower leaves with well-practiced ease, then began arranging the flowers as the conversation continued.

So the Master Agent was still assigned to the Vesci, hmm? She wondered silently if Mitth'orn'eruod still was in command of the Mohn-class Chiss Star Battlecruiser being Admiral of the 2nd Fleet... or was he still? Her father never mentioned any different, though Miith'oru'sabosen could be protecting his daughter too from perceived outside stresses while she recuperated. But that was just it, Ari was well past the acute state of such.

Since her return from captivity by the Ssi-ruuvi Imperium, there had been no attempt of contact from him. It was if Brask'ari'saobsen had never really meant anything to the Mitth noble, which was probably the case other than a comrade-in-arms or mere acquaintance. After all, [member="Thorne"] was a staunch believer in the Red Flame principle and was all business-little pleasure minded. It was supposed to be the Chiss way. She must appear weak in the prominent military Chiss' eyes now... That line of wistful thinking was pushed away to facilitate a genuine smile for her visiting dear sister.

"Well Tir, we shall have to make each and every moment count then.... Starting right here with indulging in a little dessert, hmm? Will you please grab us a couple of plates out of the cupboard and I will get the peach cobbler ready to serve? Do you want one scoop of ice cream or two to go with?" Ari asked, then added with a mischievous grin.

"And I am sure I can find us a good bottle of something later in Father's well-stocked wine cellar to help ease that tale out of you."

X5BpgBb.png
[member="Sentiri"]​

"Dessert? I haven't even had breakfast yet." Sentiri had become fully versed with using various types of plays on words as she gained more of an understanding of social conduct. But she often found the tone of her voice and intent to be one of the most playful. There had been a time when making a joke would not have even come to mind while having a conversation, and everyone who knew her knew how much she had changed, and where she had started. So saying a phrase, like she did then with Ari, in a frank kind of naivetë, was just as much of a joke to Sentiri as well-placed innuendo. "So I shall have two. I'll need something in my stomach if I'm to handle my wine." Ever the practical one was Tir.

"And I seem to remember you getting along quite well with a certain someone yourself," Tir said. She moved about the kitchen with practiced ease as though she had lived there for years. The Brask family heir might have a new aide, but the cabinets where exactly as Tir remembered. And Tir's practical memory was pristine. While Ari handled the cobbler and ice cream, Tir fetched some dessert plates and spoons from their respective cupboards and drawers. "Setting yourself up quite well for the future of the House as I recall."

Of the many changes Sentiri had come to realize about herself, she had realized that she was not a traditional Chiss woman. Perhaps her time with humanity was the cause. However, her shaping had always been slightly skewed from the ideal Chiss mold. Sure she had been bright, driven, and had the capability to dispassionately use her drive in order to achieve her goals. But the young Sentiri had never had much thought for family ties or concerning herself with rules, regulations, or best practices. Yes, Sentiri had married Klaus and the result had achieved a political result, that of fulfilling the terms of her criminal charges. Yet she had turned away prospect after prospect before him, prospects that would have led to the same result, if not an immediate dismissal of her detention. But Klaus had endeared himself to Sentiri. Whether he had done so out of duty or love, Sentiri would never know. But she knew that she would never be able to devote herself so fully to someone who offered her anything less than what he did. The Chiss woman wasn't afraid that no one would ever compare.

Still, Ari had Tir's understanding and support. Whether or not Tir's motivations were different, Tir knew how those aspirations could drive a woman. And Tir would stand behind her sister, whatever choice she made.

[member="Karisa"]​

Karisa

QuDGXBn.png
Karisa stepped over to the double-sided cooling unit, then opened the freezer compartment and took out a tub of denta bean ice cream while Sentiri gathered the plates and needed utensils. The master agent had been keeping tabs on her at the ball, hmm? She swore her sister had eyes in the back of her head, and could multi-task business and pleasure all at the same time. Something the younger Sabosen wasn't as adept in.

"Tir, please... Me being the future of the House is a little presumptuous. Yes, Father is the heir apparent to become the next Aristocra when Sev'ero'sabosen's tenure is over with, but my chances for a good match are dwindling as time goes by... or least I am reminded often. My preferred arranged marriage proposal I thought would happen by now has not so now I fear I will be placed in one that will be purely to advance the House in Ascendancy politics. I know my duty, but is it too much to ask to at least to be allowed to feel something for the person you are supposed to procreate with for the rest of your life?" Ari asked with a bit of exasperation as she scoped the hard ice cream out of the tug and dropped two molded, cold rounds each down onto the plates next to the slices of warm, peach cobbler.

"Sorry, I just thought he.... Well, it does not matter any more," she said in a quiet voice, then Karisa picked up the two plates and handed one to her sister, putting a smile back on her face.

"Shall we enjoy our dessert out on the balcony? The wonderful days of Indian summer will soon come to an end so we have to enjoy them as much as we can, hmm," Ari said, then she made her the way through the open living area to the sliding transparisteel doors leading outside.

The view of the blue-green ocean from the west-facing balcony of the Sabosen main house that sat atop the high cliffs overseeing the Great Sea of Sposia was priceless especially when the sun was setting. It was its own piece of heaven to behold.

X5BpgBb.png
[member="Sentiri"]​

Tir only nodded as Ari lamented her position, both personal and political. A remorseful and knowing smile crossed her lips as she listened.

The slicer was glad she would never again have to choose between her feelings and her family where romance was concerned. Sure, the expectation still existed for her to marry someone of a equal or preferably higher station. The candidate would ideally have something additional to offer, either business related or of some political value. In fact, the Puraks of House Sabosen had been interested in Sentiri because they saw her potential as a slicer and ascertained that she would be a good fit for the House Phalanx's internal security division. As a result, Sentiri had herself been on the other side of such a pre-arranged pairing, regardless of the personal motivations of her late husband. But with age and a reduction of value due to her exiled years, the likelihood of her being sought out as a match was less and less every day. And so, Tir could do as she pleased with her love life.

The same could not be said of Ari. Caught between personal and family matters, what was her sister to do but despair? Especially if candidates truly were not forthcoming. Though Tir could not imagine why such a dearth could possibly be.

"Gladly," Sentiri replied, immediately brightening at the prospect of sitting outside.

Walking out onto the balcony, everything else seemed to melt away. The view overlooking the sea was breathtaking. Waves dashed the rocks far below where the water met the cliff face and the sound swallowed up every other noise. Birds could be seen roosting on some nearby rocks but they were mute beside the water. Reefs were scattered about just under the light blue surface and, upon close inspection, schools of colorful fish could be seen flitting about stalks of coral and sea ferns.

Tir didn't realize she had been sitting and gawking at the view for a few more moments than intended. She looked down at the ice cream on her plate and noticed that half of it had turned to soup. Quickly, she dove into eating before anymore could transform from solid to liquid.

"I know what we should do!" Tir stated all of a sudden. "Why don't we get offworld tomorrow? Do a little sightseeing. Bilbringi isn't too far. I know some great little spots there. And we'll be back well in time for my rendezvous."

[member="Karisa"]​

Karisa

QuDGXBn.png

Even though Karisa and Sentiri were close and devoted to each other, the two led very different lives. Thus the Chiss women had differing appreciation for things, but compromise had always worked before. Plus, how else was she going to get out of her rut?

"Hmm... Bilbringi is all the way in the Inner Rim coreward along the Namadii Corridor, if I remember correctly. Though, with the hyperlane extended past the Redoubt now, it makes travel to the Known Regions much easier so I suppose we could get there and back in time," Ari nodded in a thoughtful way, then she took a bite of the peach cobbler ala mode.

After licking the fruity dessert residue off her fork, she chuckled softly. "I was going to suggest we go to the new hot springs resort on the other side of the mountains that just opened up this summer. I have been dying to check it out, but Father has been too busy with taking over family matters for Aristocra Sev'ero'sabosen while he recuperates from his stroke to accompany me."

Truth be told, Brask'ari'sabosen had been researching the particular area for another type of vacation, though that dream had fallen through when her medevac went down on Bakura. How could she have been so stupid pinning everything on the thin veil of love?! If even it was that at all. At least Ari though it was for her. Obviously, the notion was one-sided.

"So you pick, Tir. Which ever, I will be your ever humble travel companion and wine connoisseur, speaking of which... Do you want a red or white from the cellar? Or... maybe one of both?" the younger Sabosen grinned shamelessly.

X5BpgBb.png
[member="Sentiri"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom