Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Splash Of Color

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I don't, but when my Master was pregnant and needed a place to hide, Yula didn't hesitate to help her. She's family to me. Which makes you family too." Iris nodded matter of factly before turning into the kitchen. The kitchen itself, not the lunchroom. She wandered past the cooks who seemed used to this, finding a free spot to start cooking.

"You have anything specific you might want?" She glanced over, already washing her hands in preparation.

Nida Perl Nida Perl

Nida blinked slowly, yet she couldn't help but smile. "Right- Valery made mention of my sister and Dagon sheltering her during pregnancy." It was something she wouldn't have expected from her sister, especially one as transient as Yula. The older Perl had made a life in the Outer Rim before coming closer to the core, and by extension of her lover, the Jedi.

Following Iris dutifully, Nida's steps slowed when they entered the cantina. But Iris' didn't; instead, she continued on to the actual kitchen, Zeltron in tow.

"Are we supposed to be here...?"
She didn't anticipate an answer, lining up behind Iris for use of the sink. "How about some kind of soup?" Something warm and comforting.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Soup. Soup would work. Iris nodded once as she lifted a hand. Pulled a pot from a shelf across the room to set in the sink for filling up with water. She had a couple ideas for soup. Valery Noble Valery Noble taught her some of the spicier kind, anyway. And if it wasn't hot, was it really food? "You're allowed to cook, so long as you don't get in the way and clean up after yourself." She nodded to the nearby counter.

"Grab some onions and cut em up, okay?"

Nida Perl Nida Perl

"That's good to know-" Nida finished rinsing the suds from her hands and wrung them once, twice to flick the remaining droplets away.

Meandering to the fridge, she retrieved a sack of onions and set them on the appointed counter. "My older sister used to cook for us a lot. When my mother was at work, mostly." She started peeling the onions, doing her best to keep her head away from the burning vapor they released. "It wasn't very fancy, but even now her cooking reminds me of home. It's comforting." Once the onions were peeled, she retrieved a cutting board and knife.

"Yula made soup a lot…I, well I guess that's why I suggested it." She offered Iris a glance shy smile as she diced away.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris nodded as she gathered up the needed spices. Started to measure them out. Actually measure them out. It wasn't cooking that taught her the importance of measuring, after all. Paint, paint did. Not the colors. The little compound she learned how to make to create a color normal eyes couldn't see without something like a UV light. Science was actually pretty fun.

And cooking was it's own science.

"You have a very loving family. It's no wonder you're so bright." Grant it, Iris meant the colors around Yula, but she didn't explain it. Instead she just flashed a grin. "And uh, thanks for doing the onions. Most people don't want to."

Yula Perl Yula Perl

Nida blinked as the sting began to hit her eyes.

"Oh. N-no problem." She blinked a few more times, turning her head away just enough so that she could still see the knife. Thirdas usually did the onions.

"The family who raised me is very warm, yes. I couldn't ask for anything more." Nida was careful with the words she chose- her paternal side of the family was a different story. Manipulative and abusive. The worst thing to happen to her at the Perl home was being accidentally clocked in the face with a hairbrush.

She was able to watch Iris measure herbs and spices from the corner of her vision, noting the more present focus she seemed to have. "I've often heard that a close knit Jedi order can feel like a family, though."

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Iris bit back a laugh, if only because it'd be too rude. But watching Nida's eyes water was enough reason to not laugh. "Mm. Yeah. I can see that. Amani's like a sister to me. Valery's like a mom. Or, at least, what I think those would be. It's hard when you don't have any idea what that all means, y'know?" Not that she seemed bothered in the slightest. She continued to work on the beginnigns of the soup, slowly working on getting the water boiling and such. Adding the other bits she wanted.

"Onions ready?"

Nida Perl Nida Perl

"Mhm." Stifling a sniffle, Nida pushed the pile of diced onions toward Iris and retreated to the fridge for carrots.

"I can imagine." Which was all she could do, really. "But I'm glad to see it. My mother used to be a Jedi, and our home was a revolving door for aunts, uncles and cousins." As she set to peeling the less noxious vegetables, Nida found herself relaxing a little more. "I've heard that it's called found family."

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Found family. .. Yeah. I like that."

Iris took out a pan, dropped some butter in it, heated it right up, and got right to caramelizing them for the spicy onion soup she was thinking about making. "So.. You actually have a big family, then? What's that like?"

Yula Perl Yula Perl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom