Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Spitting Fire and Lightning

MOSHED-2022-8-17-10-39-12.jpg

Spitting Fire and Lightning
Taris
Tags: Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru

Kalrath_Divider.png

His stasis had been long. Longer than he had hoped, actually. For thousands of years had he licked his wounds, all with the hope that he'd have an ancient enemy to finally rid from this world, life snuffed at the end of his life-eating blade. Kalrath found no such scenario upon his awakening. Dillon Kai'el was dead, the bloodline of the old Sith was dead, and his sword was lost to the sands of time. Frustration. Rage. All he had fought for was stripped away, leaving him in a state without purpose. What had stolen away his drive? The galaxy? The Sith? The Jedi?

Kai'el?

It was difficult to discern, and the thinking only enraged him further. What power did he have if his name held no weight, his bloodline reduced to dust. His sword would be found, and Kalrath would leave his mark on the galaxy once again. His voice would be known.

So here he was on Taris, the ancient battlefield where he and the so-called Jedi Knight Dillon Kai'el clashed for three days. His legs were gone now, his face mutilated by the power of his own shout. Kai'el had won. He had died... or at least he should have. Only through burning rage had he endured. Now it was here that he hoped to reclaim his prized blade. Alas, no such thing surfaced. The old Sith scowered the remnants of an old Sith outpost, one which he had known during the era of the Great Galactic War. It was reduced to rubble now, with not even the skeletons of those who inhabited the outpost remaining. If his blade was still out there, they were most certainly in these ruins.

But someone else was.

< If you intend to stalk me, I suggest starting with better hiding your aura, > Kalrath called out telepathically. < Hunger is a powerful tool, but it leaves a stain on the world around you. Whatever it is that you desire betrays you. >

The Twi'lek tapped his foot, crossing his arms rather impatiently. He could sense the potency of Sith blood in the air. The new generation, poking around in the ruins of the last. Some things never changed.

< You may as well reveal yourself, > he stated, his tone cold and blunt. < I have little patience for loitering. >

370d9lz.png

There wasn't supposed to be a Sith here. That was the only thought that went through the young Acolyte's mind as she watched from the shadows. Well, maybe there were Sith supposed to be here, but one that felt this strong. She was just here for one of the few artifacts on her list that she'd found a location for. A peddler had what she wanted, hidden somewhere on this trash pit of a planet.

Worse, apparently he knew she was there. She hissed under her breath before she stepped out from behind her cover. She wasn't in too much trouble yet, right?

"Hey, uh. Just uh, passing through?"

Lord Kalrath Lord Kalrath

Taris

Kalrath_Divider.png

< Huh, > Kalrath reacted telepathically, giving an audible scoff. < If you're going to lie, the least you can do is speak with some confidence. >

A Sith did not dance around words. Words were power. This one was far from the strength he had once held... Still, her blood seemed potent. A powerful lineage perhaps? There may well be potential in the fool, though he wasn't concerned about how much one way or the other.

< You're in luck, > the old Sith lamented. < What I seek is not present in this place. It seems that we have no conflict of interest. I suggest you take that information and make a rational decision... >

Oh, wait. That could be seen as a taunt. Sith didn't take those lying down. Kalrath sighed. He couldn't be bothered to fight an arrogant up-start at the moment. He needed a further deterrent. The answer was clear, of course. Words were power. The man reached for his mask, lifting it off a crack so that the sound of his voice could spill out from behind it. The words he intended to use had not even uttered in his low, monotone pitch before a burst of energy radiated out and filled the room, causing the ground to shift.

"Understand?"

370d9lz.png

Crap, she got one of the brighter ones.

Her expression thinned as she reached behind her back, curling her fingers tightly around the hilt of the Sith dagger she carried. The jeweled blade was the only weapon she currently had, and it certainly stood up to a lightsaber, but she wasn't too confident she could handle this guy if he decided to go crazy and attack. Except he went out to say he wasn't a threat. She let out a sigh of relief at that, letting her blade go.

"Oh. Uh. Great. I'll just uh, be on my way?"

Lord Kalrath Lord Kalrath

Taris

Kalrath_Divider.png

< ...Wait. >

Kalrath couldn't just let this young woman walk away. Such raw potential, yet here it was in a sad and unrefined form. He was a man who desired power ultimately, but that didn't mean he was against stoking the flames in others. His grand designs were that of destruction, the disruption of chaos.

< You're blood is potent, > he noted, < Yet you speak in the lower tones of the common people. >

The man gave a bow. He was a man of courtesy after all, even if he expressed such a thing in strange manners.

< Kalrath is my name, > the Sith greeted. < For thousands of years have I lived, seeking to harness the raw strength of voice. >

He squinted, assessing the young woman's expression.

< You seek power, yes? >

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom