Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spirits, Electricity, and Globbely-Gook

The air was heavy, the scent of dew and grass prevalent. A faint haze wrapped around Kara's sight in all directions. Trees surrounded her, and sounds of gleejaws, yayax's, trekkers, and all other sorts of beasts. Though Kara currently resided in a ship, headed to some world in the middle of nowhere at the heed of another one of Valik's mad schemes her mind resided on Endor, the home of Azar the Mystic. She hadn't seen Azar for quite some time, as he was growing weaker as time continued on, but Azar was still there, still waiting, and now Kara was in his domain, if only in her dreams.

"Can you not feel the Force here? The breath of life, of the grass, the trees, the ewoks, the trekkers, the hunters, the prey." Azar said, appearing more corporeal than normal in this dream-land than he did when she was awake. He reached the ground, clenching his fist and pulling up a collection of dirt.

"Though your past has not been the kindest, your deeds not the cleanest, there is still hope for you young Kara Vi'Dreya." He said, looking at the dirt collected in his hand. "The Force, the Light can cleanse you, free you if you allow it." He said, before opening his palm and a strong wing came forth, clearing it from his hand.

"Why do you serve this one, this 'Valik'? He is a devious one, and no throne or rule will satisfy him. He is a monster, moreso than the Empire you've served, the master you were under when you met me."

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

How wonderfully enticing a dream could become when one was faced with sharp aspects of reality - a planet she knew well, native fauna she had become familiar with, and of course the species' she could not escape. Endor, the home of the fluffies, otherwise known as Ewoks. It was here that her greatest opponent to date had been born and raised, until such a time as he joined the Jedi on Coruscant and achieved the rank of Knight... The very same Ewok she had slaughtered upon Metalorn at the tiny age of ten. So much had happened since then, but his spirit had, as ever, lingered on like a persistent... Fly. Why did this all feel so real, this slightly distorted dreamland she was in, even though she knew otherwise - at present she was asleep in her cabin upon her ship, heading to the co-ordinates Valik had ordered her to input into her systems. Perhaps it was the appearance of her stalker-ghost which pushed the limits of her mind and made it seem that little bit more realistic.

"I feel it, nor did I ever claim not to," she breathed, her voice quieter than even it usually was, as though afraid she might disrupt the images and turn dream to nightmare. Part of her enjoyed her exchanges with the former Jedi, not because she believed she could be converted, nor did the fourteen year old wish to be, but instead it was the ideal that she could be herself around him - he knew her, the very heart of her being, she did not have to lie or deceive him, he would know the truth anyway. Yes, perhaps that was why she was enjoying this... Despite being face-to-face with a less-than-usually-translucent ghost. "Hello, Azar" she simply said as she lowered herself to the ground. Part of her wanted him to join her, maybe she could even fuss him - she knew that Ewoks liked that, but-- But no. She was a Sith, and she couldn't be shown to be a weak little child like that.

"I do not seek hope" she retorted, watching his actions and the dirt itself, "I do not know what I seek, Azar, but if it were Redemption then I would have seized it long before your death, and you would still be amongst the living." Her eyes trailed after the dirt which was blown away through the wind. What he said of Valik she knew to be true, but honestly? Part of the girl did not care of his intentions. "Tyrin and Valik are not even on the same scale, Azar; even you know that. I serve him because it is useful to do so, because I gain more from this arrangement than he does." With a heavy sigh she finally asked a question of her own; "Why have you summoned me here, Azar? Is the realm of the dead really so lonely that you would seek the company of your killer?"

And yet truth be told she was grateful for it. She had spent so long nigh-on alone save for the company of tutor and student alike. No, Thurion had been her only friend, the only person she could be herself around, the only one she could simply sit and speak to for no apparent reason... And in many ways the same could be said of this ghostling.

@[member="Azar the Mystic"]

"Summon you? I didn't bring you here, I found you Kara, and showed you a world more pleasant than that of where you were." Azar said to the young girl, not bothering to go into detail of where her dreams had lead her before he had come. "I am one with the Force now Kara, with the backbone of life in the galaxy. I do not require company, or sleep, or food or any matter of mortal need. I am here because I wish it, because I wish for your safety, for you to leave this path. For you to find peace." He said, as he listened to the calming streams, the rustling woods, the gentle winds. It was a peaceful world, or shadow of one rather. A utopia, untouched by the schemes of RC 212 and Circe Savan.

"I do not believe you a killer Kara @[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]. You may have killed me yes, and others as well across the years, but in your eyes I did see pleasure, I did not see a thirst for blood. I saw mercy. You could have left me there, suffering, fed on my pain as many of your nation do, but you ended me quickly, even though I would have ended with time. Murder to you is not a pursuit, but a means. But a means to what? What do you hope to gain? Why do you rule over the politician, the fireman? Why do you serve the mad alchemist? What is your endgame Kara?"

His words made her stop and frown in confusion. Where she had been? The girl had no recollection of where that might have been, she did not recall dreams very easily, they were not important to her - and truth be told, before she had learnt to block them out they had like as not been vicious nightmares which caused her to wake in fear in the middle of most nights. That was not the way for a Sith to live, so she had suppressed them to perfection. But Azar's words made her think otherwise. Had she still been suffering, and simply not remembered? With a heavy sigh and the knowledge that this was a dream she settled herself down and watched him, curious to see why he had bothered to find her at all. "Peace is not a path I am able to follow; it is one I once sought, true, but one which failed. The Force has other plans. Even you, a Jedi as you once were, have to agree that the Force has certain plans for one which do not fit in with those of another. There is no purity to the Force, no specific inherent light. Even your Living Force does not express a single facet, but instead many various shades. Does that not, in turn, mean that while some are raised in light, others are bathed in darkness? Is this not the wish of the Force, and are you strong enough to deny it?"

Breathing in slowly the reality of what she had just said hit home, and the young girl bowed her head to stare at her feet. Part of her was afraid to scare him away; a Jedi he might have been, dead he might well be, and her downfall he could possibly bring, Azar was the only person she could be herself around. Mostly this was because he rarely appeared when others were there, and when he did he sought her out in trance or dream like states such as this, most likely to preserve his Force-energy. No, there was nothing she could hide from him that he did not already know. It made her feel naked and vulnerable, and yet at the same time it made for a strange companionship, the likes of which she had felt only once before - in the presence of Thurion Heavenshield, the only individual to treat her in a sincere and genuine manner. Her only friend; yet he too stepped in the light, and the pair could not coexist with one another. "I have killed many and more, but killing you... It was different" she confessed, keeping her head bowed as her hand ran through the grass, resisting the usual urge to pluck at it. This was his planet, dream or no, and she wanted to preserve it for whatever twisted reason her mind gave. She did not expand upon the point she had made, truth be told it hadn't made sense to her either, and so she passed it over quickly.

"I do not know what I aim for; I have taken in those who need me, do you not realise such? Thyrian needed to be released from the confines of Circe, I gave him that escape and one day I will give him his revenge. I had to subjugate him, he had lost his fire - he was going to dwindle away into nothing! I-I couldn't let that happen, Azar. He... He's Thurion's brother" There, she had said it, admitted it to the first person in this Galaxy, and it felt like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. "And besides, he wants to serve me. Arthos... He needed the assistance to carry out his own plans, and in turn it will benefit me." With a small shudder she held back the odd emotions which flowed to the surface, and instead bit her lip somewhat roughly. How was it that she could so openly admit this to Azar, yet she lied to herself almost every day surrounding it. She wasn't the bad-guy she had been made out to be, that she had made herself out to be, not at heart - not to begin with. But she had grown to fit the shoe, with each scheme and each passing day, each step she took she began to take shape and fit the bill. "I need Valik, far more than he needs me; I serve him because I need what he can offer..." But she did not go further with that explanation, her own plans remaining firmly locked within her mind. There was nothing more she wished to say of these matters at present, her revelations regarding Thyrian more so than anything had weighed heavily upon her. Gently she pressed her hand into her pocket and tightened her grip around a stark white pebble. Thurion's pebble.

@[member="Azar the Mystic"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Kara's vivid dreams would soon end, as a hand touched her shoulder, shaking her until she woke up. "We're here." He said to her as he backed off once she awoke. "I have a new target for you to acquire." Valik said as he brought out a datapad, typed in a few words, and a 3-dimensional holographic image arose.

"It's a relatively simple beast. Little more than a large amorphous blob, Despite their evolutionary simplicity, the beasts managed to obtain a rather potent self-defense mechanism. Or hunting mechanism if you prefer. They manage to generate a huge amount of electricity, enogh to kill most human beings with a single touch, before absorbing them into their frame and consuming them in an outwardly visible digestion." He said, before putting away the image of the huge green electrical amoebozoa. "Normally we'd only need one for study, but my plans are much bigger than a creating a simple tuk'ata or hssiss. I'd like to obtain at least a dozen live specimens. Tell me when you're ready."

@[member="Darth Kyros"]

[Wow I'm still a child in this one xD]

The child flinched, eyes immediately opening. She still wasn't used to being woken so abruptly, especially not when it meant seeing someone such as Valik stood over her... Sitting upright she turned so her feet touched the ground and rubbed at her eyes with a small yawn. "Here..?" she asked, before realising what that meant. "Oh, of course..." Standing from the seat she looked upon Valik with a small nod of respect. Already she was awake and ready to begin.

With her gaze settled upon the holocron of the beast she tapped her chin in thought. "A dozen..." Tapping her chin she processed the image of the creature within her mind, before nodding her head. "Give me a few moments..." Bringing out her datapad she turned away, not to be rude but to focus, and tried to research the creature in question. "Do you have a name for it?" A name would obviously assist with research, and with a creature such of this it would be a good idea to know exactly what she was dealing with before beginning.

@[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Valik grinned slightly at the girl's response. Pushing for more knowledge. She knew the power that came with it.

"A smart Sith acquired all the information they can on a target, or a potential foe. However, no matter how smart or wise one might be, anticipating all possible outcomes or enemies is impossible. I have given you all you need to know, and we shall see how you think on you feet." He said, before leaving the room and heading to the loading ramp, before putting on a breath mask and heading outside, into a world of little importance, save for the mass of gelatinous electrical beings around them.

@Darth Kyros

Kära frowned ever so slightly, knowing that her Master was correct; he usually was. "Of course, Valik." Setting aside the datapad she simply nodded her head, and reached to the side where her lightsaber hilt rested. Bringing it into her palm she slotted it back to her belt and threw her outer robe upon her thin frame. Within a moment she was outside alongside Valik. Electric wasn't something the young Umbaran was fond of, nor was the prospect of being stunned and eaten alive... Or at least, engulfed. Thus she knew she had to tread carefully. Part of her wondered how they would respond to the heat of a lightsaber blade, but she figured that in itself could prove a dangerous idea to try out. It would be best to handle these from afar; my Telekinetic abilities are well suited to a task such as this. "Do we have the containers on hand?" If so, then it would prove easy to pick them off from afar, so long as they did not decide to swarm her...

@[member="Valik"]

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
"You may use whatever you can find in the Lab, or whatever you can acquire elsewhere outside of the ship." Valik responded. The Lab contained half a dozen large glasteel boxes, perfect for containing gelatinous beasts, but the rest of environments were simple cages. Adequate for most beasts but for something made of gel? It would simply slip through. The Lab also contained tools to examine or synthesize chemicals or toxins, analyze the beasts after retrieval, and handle many other analytical tasks, but was in truth poorly suited to the containment of the dozen subjects Valik needed. Another way to test her resourcefulness.

"That should me more than enough." He finished, signalling not only that it was part of the challenge, but that it was time for the challenge to begin.

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

In one sense this was becoming more difficult with each added statute of information. But Kära enjoyed a challenge, and as such she did not ask any further questions of Valik... Not least because she felt it a terrible idea to provoke him. Wandering into the lab she took the half a dozen containers which were suited to such a creature and decided that she would figure the rest out as she went.

Setting down the majority of the containers to one side she gently began to tread forward, her mind in high alert in terms of the creature and its capabilities. One false step and she'd be engulfed... Kära had faced death enough times to not desire it again. In the distance she could see the gelatinous green oozing blob that was a Meduza, slithering about the undergrowth.

Glancing around she tried to ensure there were no others about, so that she did not immediately overface herself. And then, upon asserting as much, she extended herself through the Force and began to shift the oozing creature upwards from the ground. Even the slightest touch of her telekinetic abilities jolted the creature, forcing it to begin charging electrically, and through this she could pinpoint directly where the electrical points were.

It had antenna-like protrusions from what she could only presume to be its head which held the static, and thus she had a good indication of where to avoid on the creature. Now it was a matter of directing the creature towards one of the open glass containers to her side... As of yet she was uncertain how well this plan would carry out.

[member="Valik"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom