Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Spirit In The Sky

Trial Of Spirit
The Jedi Trials.

It was both a blessing and a curse that he never properly went through the normal trials. On one had, his robotic one, Darth Tesir had finally been killed. No longer would she roam the Galaxy, terrorizing and killing innocent Jedi. In the other hand, he never went through the challenges of the trials that a normal Padawan would face. The council had decided that killing the Sith Master meant he passed all trials at once, earning him the status of Knight at only sixteen years old.

Which was too young, if you asked him.

So now, through some not-so-deep meditation, he decided to go and complete the trials once again. Hopefully this would help him regain his position in the force, and help clean up some of the messes that have been made.

He had personally reached out to Grandmaster Starchaser to help assist him in the trial. It was noted that one Jedi master or above needed to be present, for the safety of the taker. Thankfully he accepted. While he waited for the Grandmaster inside of The Oasis's meditation chamber, he decided to look out one of the many viewports. Stars and planets were shining brightly all around him, illuminating the hull of the ship. Being aboard a large ship always felt nice, especially with the slower pace. Gave him plenty of time to gaze out upon the Galaxy.

With these trials being redone he hoped that he cold find his place again in the force. Whether it be following Grandmaster Starchaser, joining forces with the New Jedi Order, or even going on his own for a while. Whatever the case, he hoped that the path would be clear.

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

As a Master, Coren Starchaser has had exactly one and a Phalsi of students. He wasn’t the best teacher, his record was more on what he had gotten done on the battle field, but lately, that was changing. Maybe he was tired of how the governments constantly threw him and his under the proverbial shuttle, and maybe it was time for the new Jedi on the block to take point. They weren’t going to escape from an occasional suggestion tough. Coren wasn’t one for lectures. Besides, most Jedi didn’t need one.

But he was here, and offering his teachings as a Master to the Tide of Light, the Silvers, and the New Jedi Order. The Jedi Student Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei arrived at his ship, and the Master couldn’t help but smile. The student had a storied path. One that wasn’t too unlike Coren’s own. Light, dark, light. It came around, but knowing how to approach the darkness was what was important, and when asked to witness the trials Coren couldn’t turn down such a request.

The Jedi needed to grow.

“Welcome to the Oasis, Okkeus. How are you? Are you ready to begin?” Looking more comfortable than he had in a while, Coren had a tunic and spacers pants on, with a navy colored poncho over his shoulders. Mon Cal ships weren’t known for being warm.

Turning away from the viewport he heard Grandmaster Starchaser's voice.

Though Coren was technically no longer Grandmaster of the Silver Jedi, he couldn't stop himself from calling him by that title. It just felt inappropriate to not to. Almost like you still calling someone Master, even if you are at Master rank yourself.

Walking a few steps forward he began to great the Grandmaster with a simple nod.

"Thank you for letting me use this space, Grandmaster. I'm feeling alright. A little nervous, if anything. I've heard about what happens during the Trial of Spirit. With my colored past, I am glad that you are here to help assist me. I think I am ready to begin."

Looking over his right shoulder he turned around, then heading in the direction of the meditating mat he laid out. Who knows how long he would be meditating for. From what he knew, it could take a few minutes or even hours for this trial to be completed. Might as well be comfortable doing it.

Squatting downward he lowered himself onto the mat. Once on it, he crossed both of his legs. His arms rested calmly in his lap. With a deep exhale he closed his eyes, preparing to start.

"Wait! Before I start, is there any advice that you could give me?

Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser

The Master smiled and nodded. Okkeus was one of those pilot type Jedi who seemed to have a feeling that it was better to act than to react, or to stall and remain still. Coren liked that in his Jedi. He knew there were others who preferred a more polished and ready approach to being a Jedi, but Coren preferred to almost shoot first and speak second.

Almost.

“Of course. The Oasis is home to any and all Jedi who need it. Silvers, New Jedi, and the Jedi between Orders.” The last of which Coren was feeling to be his own home now. “You’d be surprised how many Jedi have a checkered past, let me be honest about that.” He himself had a brush with the dark side before, sans the Sith rhetoric.

As the Padawan moved to the mat, Coren was nodding to himself, and deep in thought for a moment, trying to bring as much as he could to provide a calm in this area.

“You need to find yourself, center yourself. Your mind may wander, the Force may tug at you, but you need to be you. Not the you that either side want you to be, but you need to be the you that you are, and prove to yourself that you belong, and belong in the light.” It was a simple exercise with a not so simple execution.

Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom