Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Spinward Spinning [Bryn Celli Ddu]

Cassus was tired of risking life and limb over matters of political governments, no matter the reward. So he decided to put away some scum, even if that meant working for a Syndicate. The only thing he needed was easy money, and tracking a smuggler seemed a lot easier than guilty trapping Jedi or risking death with a Sith Lord. Bounty Hunting was a complicated profession, but not every Bounty was complicated or as rewarding. But when he needed a break, tracking down scum for scum seemed like a good idea as any without giving up Bounty Hunting for a month.

Issued by the Spinward Syndicate ( Council of Captains Council of Captains ), Cassus was after one Tonor Prajii. He had gone to Paulking XIV like any Bounty Hunter would searching for clues in his last known location, but he knew ahead of time he wouldn't be there by the time he got there. Smugglers tended to move around, a lot. Utilizing various resources provided by the Bounty Hunters Guild, expending a few Guild Merits after successfully bagging one of the highest priority targets the Guild had on record, the young boy made his way to the world known as Dressel.

This was his latest lead, far from Paulking, but he had gotten a good tip that the former smuggler was on the move, trying to get to Hutt Space and secure a job there out of reach of the Centrality or the Syndicate. This would be his next stop, and he likely wouldn't leave the spaceport.

The hunt began...

Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu

The former Sithling was like a lost cub far from home. Everything she thought she had known had been replaced with what had really happened. Her life was in turmoil and in a way the cyborg wanted nothing more than to hideaway. Let the troubles of the Galaxy just pass by her without a care in the world. However, she couldn't do that. Life went on no matter what Bryn actually wanted to do.

Traveling aimlessly through the Galaxy, she was pulled out of hyperspace near Dressel. Looking over her instruments, there wasn't a reason for this to have happened. Luckily she hadn't been blown through the sun or planet. Bringing her sub-light engine online, she started heading to the planet in front of her.

Requesting landing permission, she figured she would get the ship checked out just in case her scan had missed something. Permission was given and a docking bay number was provided for her. Checking her descent, she adjusted that to land in docking bay 38. Some pit droids came out and she mentioned what happened as she headed out of the bay and into the spaceport proper.

She figured she might as well take the opportunity presented to get a lay of the land and see if she might find work. As lost as she was, it could be good to settle down.

Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin

Cassus wondered through the spaceport looking for bay number he was expecting his Mark to have arrived at. This far out from the Centrality and the Syndicate probably meant the planetary authorities here on Dressel hadn't caught up to them yet, and the smuggler likely knew that. The tip he received at least told him he was on this planet, and the Tracking Fobb he received at least had him pegged on this side of it.

Out of Docking Bay 38 Cassus spotted a woman talking to some droids. Peculiar, this was the Docking Bay that Tonor had allegedly landed in. There was no mention of a woman with the Bounty, but it was possible she could know something. Picking up the pace a bit, Cassus took a peak into Docking Bay 38 and to his surprise and disappointment he didn't recognize the ship.

"Hey you!" Cassus called out to the woman.

Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu

A tall seemingly faceless human dressed in white robes strode through a field full of blooming flowers. It seemed to stretch into the horizon, an ocean of color. There was no sun in the sky nor were there any clouds, instead, it was simply blue, a single shade of a light azure. It was a fantasy paradise but something disturbed the natural sight, something was clearly off in this meadow.

Glitching dark but transparent silhouettes appeared and disappeared like ghosts haunting the beautiful garden. The masked individual did not seem disturbed by this though instead he simply continued one step at a time wandering with stretched arms, reaching out to the many shades and hues of color that decorated the pedals all around him.

This was a reflection of billions of ones and zeros that ran up and down the Dressel spaceport. It was the main net that facilitated most of the other technologies that ran in the vicinity. This scene was the result of Karusos visual processing a way to give form to a world that is by nature formless. Here among the thoughts of cleaning droids, and calculation of Docking AIs is where he felt most at peace. Balanced.

While the body that harbored his mind was safely stored away in a merchant ship and their crew with whom he had been traveling for a few weeks his digitalized soul was freely roaming the net searching for nothing in particular.

This was until a certain movement caught his attention, a couple steps away from him a single silver eye floated through digital space. This eye was connected to a young human female. One that as far as the monk could tell had seen the darkness of the universe. A troubled flow of data revealing the sorrows she had endured created sentiment in the traveler.

In moments notice the rolling meadows vanished and instead a diorama of white and black vectors recreated the environment of Docking Bay 38.

20160411190006_1.jpg

The diagram was built by combining the live captured images of cameras that had eyes on the area into one. It was stripped of color and the live inhabitants were pixelated to be nothing but red figures of themselves.

Karuso watched closely as a male humanoid approached the subject of his newfound interest.

------------------------
OOC: Feel free to let me know if this post is okay with the rest of you.
Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu

The pit droids and their owner said they would get to work on the ship and Bryn mostly just waved them off. They knew what they needed to do and the Sithling could only hope she had enough credits to pay for the port and repairs. Letting out maybe a slightly irritated huff, she stopped when somebody called out to her.

As if on instinct, one of her wrists moved slightly, and if he even noticed, he might see the end of a knife hilt in her hand. Not actually pulling it out though, she stayed on guard as the young man approached. He did not look at all familiar to her, but that didn't make him safe by any means.

Almost feeling naked without her armor or mask on, she had those in the bag at her side. With her free hand, she held onto the strap of her bag and maybe used it as something of a security blanket. Suddenly, the cyborg felt like she was showing weakness and stood up straight to face the stranger coming to talk to her.

"Do I....how can I help you?"

It was clear that one of her eyes was cybernetic as her organic one met his gaze. When he reached her, she did not step away and kept her knife as hidden as she possibly could. Feeling like she was being watched, she didn't know where it was coming from and glanced around the area with the cybernetic eye she had.

(Wasn't sure if you revealed yourself so I'll let you do that.)

Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin Karuso Karuso

Tonor Paji?

Karuso closed his eyes and was surrounded by darkness.

He raised his arms and reached out into the void, he set his sight on any database he could grab onto, any list or table that contained one or both of the two words that made up this creature's name.

Anything that he found took the shape of a single little brown seed in his palms, raw data. Soon there were too many of them in his hands, a little mountain that could not hold any more of the small round pebbles which were popping into existence. They rolled out of his grip and fell into nothingness. He swung his arms outwards and sowed the many seeds he had gathered all around him. Like water droplets, they hit a bottom at his feet and disappeared.

Seconds later the all-consuming blackness around him was replaced with the lush deep green of an ancient jungle. Majestic thick trees to large to put your arms around surrounded him in every direction. There was no wind, but there was no sky either, only the rooftops of the mighty forest giants. Each of them an entity in its own way, Karuso had given life to the many tables and arrays he had found, to explore themselves, to grow an ecosystem that was connected in itself, that could learn from one another and prosper as a single organism.

He whispered into the woodlands that he had grown, asking any of its inhabitants for what they knew, what they had discovered as truth.

And it answered.

A single vein appeared from above and wrapped itself around the monk's outstretched arm, it dug itself in his skin and flesh and he became part of the forest.

A bounty, by a crime syndicate, this Tonor had double-crossed them and had not paid back what he had lost. A Kubazian from the Outer Rim, a smuggler. There was a public report of his sighting on Paulking XIV. It was estimated that the fugitive was on his way to cross into Wild Space, he had come a long way already. And finally a single record of a ship that had docked in bay 38.

Karuso left the lush green timber behind and instead jumped into his personal three dimensional in color recreation of the confirmed station. An image paused for eternity that he could walk in as if he had cut out a moment in space and time. He stepped up to the newly arrived ship. It belonged to the origin of his peaked interest. A female humanoid named Bryn.

This meant that the ship that should have been here was moved, it was never supposed to be logged. The fugitive seemed well connected.

But no one could escape the vast oversight of the System. The digital nomad's attention now turned to the group of pit droids, he would get to the bottom of this.

-----------

Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin

OOC: gone just stay ghost for a bit until it makes sense to step in with you guys =P

Noticing the body language of Cassus, the cyborg could tell he didn't intend to harm her...yet. Coming from her past, she wouldn't trust a person easily. As of right now though, he was well on the way to gaining it.

Listening to his question, she looked thoughtful for a moment and then shook her head.

"If I do it's not by that name."

Letting out a sour breath, Bryn nodded and motioned to the ship he asked about.

"Yeah, that's my piece of junk. Malfunctioned for no obvious reason. Those droids are going to look into it. Hopefully, they'll be able to repair it and I can be on my way."

Who knew how long that would take? She would just have to leave the ship in the droid's care and come back for it later.

In the brief contact made by Karuso, she had picked up on it as a sensation of being watched, but it soon went away. Almost shivering, it seemed like somebody had just walked over her grave, then it was gone. Her attention returned to Cassus.

"Sorry, I'm not any help in your search."

Karuso Karuso Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin

Cassus listened in slight disappointment as it became apparent that this woman apparently had no relationship to his mark, but slowly considered his options with a more positive light. The woman was stuck here for the foreseeable future, and although he wasn't sure of her skills, her apprehensive nature towards him at least suggested she felt prepared enough to fight him if he had been anything untoward. This was enough to convince him she may be of some use to him yet.

"So you're stuck here?" Cassus probed, but didn't need any confirmation to know the answer. "If you're looking for something to occupy your time, Bounty Hunting is a good hobby to pick up, and can pay well if you're good." The boy offered to her.

"If you help me, I have a ship. Could take you where you want to go while you wait for this to be repaired." He gestured towards her ship.

Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu Karuso Karuso

Karuso returned to his endless green field that reflected the happenings of the Dressel space stations cyberspace. His faceless frame strode through the waist-high sea of flowers on the lookout for the ghosts of the little droids.

The System had been cheated, a truth had been displaced. There should be a ship here but it was not and someone was to blame for this atrocity. It was his duty as a hand of the System to bring order into chaos, and to restore truth to the network. He saw himself as judge, jury, and executioner and while he would not let his anger guide his actions the penalty for twisting a truth would be swift and thorough.

He caught up with the group of three small pit droids, the red ghostly silhouettes could be made out clearly. They were deeply linked to the space stations net, fed off it, learned in it. The white figure loomed over one of the much shorter frames, it was in the midst of communication with its two companions, their order was to repair the freshly docked ship and they intended on completing their task. Karusos outstretched hand glided towards and into the blood-colored chassis. The poor security programs that were in place to protect the machine from third-party meddling did not stand a chance against his flood like attack that first created cracks to then enter and spread inside of it.

The monk's processors took only seconds to run through the happenings of the last couple hours from the point of view of the little machines, a ship had been here. The ship that was supposed to be here. The droids had done some minor repairs on it and logged them afterward, they were directly linked to the dock's main databank. It seemed whoever had altered the records for Dock 38 was made of flesh, it was accessed directly and manually. It also seemed as whoever it was had also wiped their own trace. It was just empty were entry and an exit should have been. More twisting of the truth.

But he had a model, a ship model. A VCX-100. It was the one entry that had not been erased. Hidden inside the Pit droid as a logged query searching for a method to quench a leak in the ship's main engine.

After his own quick query into the comings and goings of starships on Dressel he now understood the significance of the space stations upon the Dressels surrounding asteroid fields. Any ship that came off or onto the planet would be recorded there, but this net was out of his reach too far away to touch.

His attention returned to the floating silver eye and its wearer. Interesting... he thought to himself. He had pieced together the conversation she was having with the fleshling and now wondered what her motivations were.

He found a group of images that he felt best depicted the belt of floating rocks. Along with pictures and blueprints of the VCX. This bundle of data along with a simple message that read "Find it" was sent to Bryn using the ID address that she used to register for the docking process.

His eyes opened.

Last edited:
As much as the cyborg didn't want to admit, what Cassus said was true. Nodding in answer, she took on a thoughtful look when he asked if she was looking for something to do. When he mentioned that bounty hunting was a good paying hobby, it seemed like her interest was perked by that. Relaxing her grip, the knives went back up into her sleeves. Taking on a more relaxed stance, she gave him a questioning look when he asked her for help and that he could then take her where she wanted to go while waiting for her ship to be repaired.

"What help do you need?"

One eyebrow lifted as she asked this and almost as soon as it was out of her mouth, she picked up some sort of message. Granted it was from her ship, but still a message.

Blinking her eye a few times, it took only a few heartbeats to come out of her surprised state.

"I somehow got information on what you are searching for. The person and his ship. Along with schematics. Not where it was going though. Perhaps that is included, but not from the quick blip I picked up just now. Maybe my enhancements aren't the curse I thought them to be."

This last part was spoken softly but Cassus would certainly be close enough to pick up on her words.

"A second pair of eyes never fails to help. I don't normally go after Bounties alone, you never know what you're going to be up against. I've failed enough of them to know they are unpredictable. From the one's I've got, numbers helped." The boy shared his experience to her.

"Don't worry about this one though, just a cowardly smuggler." He added to instill some confidence in her cooperation.

Then, the woman looked like she saw a ghost and froze up. He approached her slowly, before she seemed to loosen up and started talking again. Cassus was familiar with cyborgs, given that his mother was one, and didn't seem completely surprised by her revelation. Considering them a curse, however, was a bit surprising.

Cassus looked around the dock, simply scanning his surroundings with his unenhanced natural eyes, trying to perceive anything unusual about their location or the people in it. He eventually looked back to Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu .

"I guess fortune is on our side today. Believe it or not, I've had something similar happen to me on Coruscant. Met this guy Enigma Iuda Enigma Iuda , who hacked into my coms network and helped me capture a guy, Val Drutin I think it was. Do you have a data port anywhere, or a wireless data transfer? I have a Tracking FOBB, but any info you can provide will improve its accuracy." Cassus offered the device to her, its red glow flashing faintly in a steady rhythm.

Karuso Karuso

OOC: Current Appearance
-----

Slowly he rose from his meditative state, legs crossed his palms gripping onto his knees. He became conscious of his breathing again, the main tool with which he identified this bodily existence. He grew to his full height just barely fitting into the dark cargo space of a small cruiser. He was a strong, bold, and terribly pale figure, it also did not help that his robe was nearly as bleached and ghastly white as his skin.

He left the merchant's vessel. With an iron stare and no signs of deviation as he headed straight to the scene of the crime. Bay 38.

He would approach the duo of sithy cyborg and bounty hunter relatively shorty after his message would be received. He was swift and probably got in their face a bit too much for comfort.

His voice was stern and rather cold but there was an honesty to it, a natural truthfulness that made his words compelling.

"The system embraces you" he spoke while bowing down over politely.

He would rise and quickly introduce himself " I am Karuso, a hand of the system and free roamer. I am the author of the earlier transmission and I come to assist your undertaking to hunt down this bounty"

He pointed at the tracker beacon in Cassuse's palm.

He seemed to talk directly to Bryn as his deep black eyes were solely focused on her two different sets of pupils.

"To apprehend Tonor Paji we will need to depart from this surface-level station and ascend into the asteroid field ports above. The Networks there will reveal to us his location so that he be punished for his sins"

He raised his hands in an embracive stance, a cross-like pose from which he preached "I do not seek anything aside from the correction of truth that has been done upon the Systems"

Last edited:
Luckily the communication wasn't taken poorly and Cassus seemed to roll with it. Listening to her statement, he handed Bryn a tracking fob and asked if she had a way to put the information into it. Nodding, she didn't have to move far and plugged it into a nearby data port. This spaceport had one handy and with her own cybernetics involved, the information she had been given was transferred to it quickly.

Hearing what he had to say, all she did was nod. Somebody had hacked into his system and then helped him capture a bounty. It appeared they would be working together to capture his current one. The cyborg might have just found a place she belonged with this young man.

"Here's what was provided to my ship."

As she started to hand Cassus the tracking fob, what almost seemed to be a ghost walked up to the duo. After a brief introduction, he admitted he had been the one to send the transmission. Blinking at him, Bryn listened and nodded when he said he wanted to help them.

Motioning to her ship, she brought her hand back down.

"We won't be getting far in my piece of junk. That's what brought me here. Nice to meet you, Karuso."

Pleasantries having been taken care of by Bryn to her satisfaction, she looked at Cassus to see how he reacted to the new party member.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom