Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Species, what do you think?

The planet is well populated by species that head to the north and one of the sentient species lives up there and are often caught by the Maelstroms. There isn't a shortage of food for them, its just that they need to eat a lot of them.

The atmosphere of the planet is rich in oxygen.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

[member="Ultimatum"]
I ask because the reason that dinosaurs and other prehistoric species on Earth grew to any fraction of the size they were was because of the huge amount of oxygen present and the lack of a presence in the biosphere. Compared to today, the Earth was relatively unpopulated - so much so that dragonflies and large insects were the size of small-to-large birds at that point. The larger a total population on a planet, the smaller the size of the species which evolve over time there. The percentage of oxygen is also a factor into size.

Those are both true, I agree.

I was wondering which way the question of population would go. Obviously they need enough to eat, but at the same time they cannot be overly populated. Fine balance is needed then eh.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Alright so I have been working on the other species on the planet and decided to come back and ask what people thought of this other image that I found.
Glaurung.jpg

Does it look like it will work or no? Just based on the information given in the submission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom