Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Species issues?

Alright, I started asking questions in an open thread elsewhere on the site and realized that this really needs to be asked here in the Codex.

The idea I had for a species, at least just the pertinent part to this quandary I have found myself in, is that they had a variable ability within the Force dependent on their location. Specifically two of the three species were not Force capable when on their planet of origin, but could become able to use the Force once off planet. The other species was supposed to be quite powerful within the Force while on planet, but become more 'normal' off planet.

Initially I had been looking at midi-clorians, but I was waved away from that idea.

The reasons for this happening I had decided would be any number of the following and I wanted to ask about the acceptability of the above concept and below possible reasons.

Location of planet, in the far left Outer Rim, practically on the edge of the galaxy, as well as its physical location perhaps creating some sort of Force disturbance.

Rakata experimentation on their DNA during their evolution into sentient beings

Of course it could be something else that I am not thinking of.

So what should I work on here? What is possible and acceptable within the community?

So another idea that I had was:

I had planned on the star of the system coming in from outside the galaxy. I thought that perhaps the star has a by-product element from its fusion reaction that caused a unique strain of midi-clorians to develop in the area of the star system. The element suppresses a persons connection to the Force. However, one of the species on the planet has the unique strain of midi-clorians which allow Force sensitivity to continue through the suppression and also are potent when in the presence of this trace element. The two other species have lived within this suppressor long enough that their connection to the Force is completely negated until they leave the star system.

It is just an idea, but I think it is a pretty good one, though I am biased of course. Thoughts?

I am trying to explain it as best I can while trying to remain in what I understand as the Force. There seem to be two big views of the relationship of the Force with the midi-clorians, both have good evidence for each, but neither has been explicitly stated as the correct one. from my understanding it is a person by person issue and unfortunately that will have a major effect on this whole idea, because as far as I can see the crux of the whole thing is based on that midi-clorian and Force connection.

I am not complaining, I hope I don't sound that way, and neither am I being passive aggressive, if it sounds like I am please let me know. I believe that I have put myself in between the proverbial rock and hard place. That is the single largest reason that I put this here, was to figure out what the judges I would be working with were willing to believe as possible. After all, in order for my idea to succeed it has to be accepted by first the judges and then the admin after that, so I have to tailor the parts to fit into the system while balancing what I am personally hoping for.

Again not attempting to be passive aggressive or complaining, simply stating facts as I see them. If I sound either way, please forgive me, I am somewhat tired at the moment and just a little aggravated at the time it is taking to finish the planet sub as well each of the species and I feel just a little stuck because of this very big issue. If you are a judge or admin I am not upset that this has not been addressed fully, I truly am not. You guys are very busy and I cannot hope to completely comprehend the stresses you must go through with a bunch of impatient people like myself. If anyone gets to help me through this, sorry about being a thick person :), I would be most appreciative. If not then I will continue on and see what happens when I submit the species.

Thanks for your time,
Sorry if it seems a waste,
M

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom