Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Species Building

Jordan Achilles

I was once a kid, now I'm half shadow, half man
Any positive criticism is appreciated.
Help with Strengths and Weaknesses is greatly appreciated.
f2c4a00a89ee629861919715d179142b.jpg
. Alkun-Mun/Native Tongue - Alkun'Ra​
. Galactic Standard - Farnix
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Tiberius
Language(s):
. Galactic Standard Basic​
. Alkun'Mun
Average height of adults: 1.8 Meters
Skin color:
. Sand - Common​
. Sepia - Common​
. Pale White - Common​
Hair color:
. Onyx - Common​
. Hickory - Common​
. Auburn - Common​
. Navy Blue - Rare​
. Rust - Rare​
. Silver - Uncommon
Breathes: Type I​
. Mobility - Size and body type has it's Advantages. The Farnix is both smaller then your average human and from nimble and slender then your average human. This allows the Farnix to retain a lot of mobility due to having little to not body-fat upon their bodies same with that much muscle. They rely more upon speed then strength in combat. This also allows the Farnix to easily dodge most close-quarters attack and the occasional long-range attack.​
. Enhanced Hearing - The Farnix had special organs and a special ear structure within it's interior and exterior ears. This allows the Farnix to have a greatly enhanced sense of hearing which will allow the creature to hear sources of sound that other creatures wouldn't otherwise be able to hear. The Farnix have gained this trait over the many, many centuries they have spent living within the forest and hunting other animals along with avoiding other animals. They don't eat the animals, they use the products of the animals to their advantage.
Weaknesses:
. Size - The Farnix has a natural short size. Despite this giving the race the ability to be faster then most other races, it mostly negatively impacts the race. A short size makes the creature easy to grab and surprisingly lightweight due to it's short size and stature​
. Physical Strength - The Farnix had little to no great physical capabilities or strength. The Farnix has a natural slender frame when it is born and growing up. This means that due to the slender frame of the Farnix, it doesn't have much in the strength category as it also lacks many capabilities to gain muscle due to it's common high metabolism upon the people.​
. Physical Integrity - The Farnix doesn't necessary have a great or 'normal' physical integrity. Due to both it's small size and little muscle mass, it can't take the heavy of a hit upon it's body. It can still take damage, but it does far more damage then it would to a 'normal' being due to it's slender frame. Sure, a punch would pretty much be the same but now let's say a fall or kick, etc. Now that would do more damage then would regularly happen to an individual not part of this species.​
. Sound Sensitivity - Despite the Farnix having a enhanced sense of hearing, this can also work against the creature. A enhanced sense of hearing can also make the creature hear louder noises at a much higher and deadlier frequency which could, if loud enough, cause temporary or even permanent damage to the Farnix.​
. Pointed razor-like Fingernails and Toenails​
. Short Size​
____________________________________​
. Common mismatched eyes​
. Sapphire Blue Eyes - Common
. Jade Green Eyes - Common
. Ruby Red Eyes - Rare
. Amber Eyes - Common
. Golden Yellow Eyes - Rare
. Silver Eyes - Uncommon
. Purple Eyes - Rare​
Average Lifespan:
. Childhood - 0 - 11 Standard Years​
. Juvenile - 12 - 19 Standard Years​
. Young Adult - 20 - 25 Standard Years​
. Adult - 26 - 100 Standard Years​
. Elder - 101 - 125 Standard Years(Average)
. Legend - 126 - 150 Standard Years(Average)
. Varying shades of Gray - Common​
Hair Color:
. Onyx - Common​
Distinctions:
. Natural Slender Frame​
. Pointed Ears​
. Fanged Teeth​
. Average Size​
. Pointed Chins​
. Matching Eyes​
. Varying shades of Red Eyes - Common
. Varying shades of Yellow Eyes - Uncommon​
Sakul'Dar​
Skin color:
. Pale White - Common​
Hair Color:
. Bleached White - Common​
. Onyx Black - Common​
Distinctions:
. Natural Muscular Frame​
. Tall Size​
. Fury and Spiked Tail​
. Fury body from waist down​
. Hoofed Feet​
. Spikes running down spine and along forearms​
. Clawed Fingertips​
. Matching Eyes​
. Sapphire Blue Eyes - Common​
​____________________________________________________________
Estimated Population: 7.1 Billion
Diet:
. Veggies - Edible - Healthy​
. Fruit - Edible - Healthy​
. Nuts/Acorns - Edible - Healthy​
. Animal Products - Edible - Neutral​
. Meat - Inedible - Poisonous
Communication:
. Galactic Standard - Vocal​
. Alkun-Mun - Vocal​
. Andr-Olin - Written​
. Yin-Pikln - Written/Vocal
Culture:
[Describe general culture]
Technology level:
. Laser Weaponry Capable​
. Vibro-Weapons Capable​
General behavior:
The Farnix are a natural peace-loving species. Despite being a species of peace and not openly participating in conflict, they will defend themselves. The Farnix are willing to die and fight viciously for their home-planet and to defend their own race from extermination. Which is one singular cause of their conflict with the imperials that came to Tiberius. They leave no mercy for those that threaten them and their home. Other than this, the Farnix do not engage in open conflict which is one singular reason they research more into social needs and civil needs then militaristic needs. That, plus the need for advanced resources to further their technology level.
History:
[Describe an abridged history. If your species is genetically engineered or Sithspawn, this is where to add links to the thread(s) where your new species was developed. A development thread, whether of creation or discovery, is required for all genetically engineered/alchemically created life forms being submitted to the Factory.]
Notable Player-Characters: None at the Moment
Intent: This species it being created as to create a thriving and unique species to Tiberius. To flesh out the planet of Tiberius.​

[member="Jordan Achilles"]
There's not much to go on yet, but two things immediately spring to mind:

• Population - For a single planet this is massive. Remember, there's less than 8 billion humans on Earth, this is almost 4 times that!
  • Wings - I am very leery of accepting singed sentient species, especially in light of our 'no angels' clause. You will really need to sell me on this before I accept it with potent weaknesses and limited strengths.

Jordan Achilles said:
. Elder - 101 - ??? Standard Years . Legend - ??? - ??? Standard Years
It is probably a good idea to fill these out with averages, rather than leaving it up to interpretation.

Jordan Achilles said:
Natural Slender Frame
A good weakness for this would be a lack of physical strength, and a good strength would be increased mobility/speed/etc.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

We have a "no Angels" clause?

[member="Jordan Achilles"]

Perhaps for strengths/weaknesses, you could forfeit/alter one of their senses? That's what I always like to do, when applicable. For instance -- hearing. Acute hearing, allowing them to detect noise within x meters of their position...but also means they have more sensitive hearing, which means noises that might not affect humans and other species will be painful for them or even cause temporary/permanent hearing loss.

Coupling with [member="Braith Achlys"]'s suggestion, their small stature could mean they are able to more easily avoid hits, but will compromise their physical integrity (meaning a hit will be much more likely to wind them than it would a normal-sized individual)

Jordan Achilles

I was once a kid, now I'm half shadow, half man
[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
Wait, no angles rule?
Also, yeah the population is a bit far-fetched. I was stupid about that... :mellow:
Why must your curse my angel revolution :p
[member="Ibby"] [member="Braith Achlys"]
Thank you, you deserve hugs!
*Hugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom