Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Special Delivery

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Zoltan Rarsk"]

Welp, this wasn't something he went through every day.

Deliveries were common, very common, it was what he did. It wasn't often however that he was delivering a person. Or rather, he was delivering a package but the person was coming with? Kurt wasn't exactly sure, but the company had told him that he would be having a guest on his ship for this particular delivery. He was okay with it, mostly because it paid exceptionally well.

Of course he had to get rid of Kaile for the duration of the mission, she wasn't supposed to be on the ship and it would have been a tad awkward if the company found out she was living on his ship.

"Well, it'll go fine." Kurt said to himself. As he checked the small receipt in his pocket. He had put Kaile up in a nearby hotel for a few days as well as given her a bit of credits in order to have everything settled. Hopefully the delivery would be over quickly and he could come pick her up again, otherwise she was viable to get herself in trouble in some way or another. A frown crossed his lips, and he slowly shook his head. "Yeah It'll be fine."

Kurt checked his chrono, wondering where the man was.

Zoltan Rarsk

Tactical Espionage Operations
Zoltan shook his head as he approached the vehicle a few yards in front of him. While he e​xtremely d​isliked the fact that he had to accompany his courier, Kurt Meyer, along for this simple delivery, the product was of high value and needed to be doubly secured. Some of the finest spice in the entire galaxy was contained in that small package, and of course along with the best product, came the best payment. So, Zoltan himself, despite his annoyance of having to accompany Meyer, needed to ride with him to make sure the product was secure and safe. However, that wouldn't make the ride any more pleasant, and with people typically commenting on his horrific burns, scars and his ghastly Glasgow Smile, Zoltan, although he wouldn't admit it, was going to be highly uncomfortable.

The burned man tried to shrug this off, and collected himself and entered the vehicle, holding his hat down.

"​I'm assuming your the courier for this package, Kurt Meyer, correct?" Z​oltan dryly asked.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Zoltan Rarsk"]

"Aye." Kurt said with a thick Tatooine drawl.

To say that the man looked unsettling was an understatement. Kurt had met a lot of ugly people in his day, a lot of people he would have rather avoided seeing in the first place. Most of those had been aliens of one type or another, a few had been horribly scarred humans, and some had even been Sith. This...This was something entirely new to him, mostly because it looked like the mans face had been peeled off via the use of a knife and then placed back on backward.

Not pretty.

"I Assume you're my..." He trailed off for a second. "Ride Along?"

It seemed like the best thing to call the gentlemen.

Zoltan Rarsk

Zoltan narrowed his eyes as he noticed Kurt spend a little too long staring at his face, with a rather unpleasant expression on his face. "I see you appreciate my... visage. Trust me, I don't like them anymore than you do Courier. And yes, I am your "Ride Along" or whatever you wish to call it. In that package your holding is some of the finest spice within not only the surrounding systems, but the best in the entire galaxy. Very high quality narcotics. With this, we both should be getting a very hefty amount of credits, so I was needed to join you today." Zoltan remarked.

He turned towards the windshield, and motioned for them to take off.

"Now let's get a move on, we best not keep our client waiting."

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Zoltan Rarsk"]

"Right." He said to creepy face.

Of course Kurt knew exactly where they were supposed to go, but the man's face...well it put him off. Unconsciously he stroked the weapon at his side, considering if this was worth the money that he would be getting paid. There was a line that he wasn't willing to cross, not anymore. To be truthful, the man seemed quite forward and slightly angry, but he didn't seem like a complete monster, aside from his appearance anyway. Kurt could deal with that, he was tolerant.

"Cockpit, I suppose." Kurt said leading the way. A short jaunt really, strapping himself in before even a minute had passed. "May want to get comfy, this might take a bit."

Not the take off of course, but the trip. A day or so at most.

Zoltan Rarsk

Zoltan wearily glanced at Kurt unconsciously gripping his weapon. "​Ugh, for feth's sake! Look man, I'm not trying to kill you...I'm only dealing in some of the most illicit narcotics in the entire galaxy!" H​e stated in a tired mixture of anger and exasperation. While whenever someone automatically reacted to his appearance, it angered it him like nearly nothing else in the universe, but at this point he was tired and simply wanted to get his credits, no matter the issue with his company. Zoltan strapped himself in before grabbing the gun in his holster and waving it in Kurt's face. "​I know this won't help our relationship in any matter whatsoever, but just to make sure you know, you're not the only one who came prepared." Z​oltan icily told him.

The scarred man let out a sigh, before leaning back in the chair and staring out the windshield, prepping himself for a most likely uncomfortable trip.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Zoltan Rarsk"]

Ah.

Drugs.

Well okay.

Kurt was no stranger to drugs, Tatooine practically ran on spice and a few of the racers he had met during his career had even used it to enhance their reaction times. Kurt had never needed it, or wanted it. The one time he had done it had been back on Zeltros and...well he had entirely forgotten about the experience, or rather, it was a large hole in his memory that he couldn't quite recall. That bothered him enough to not want to try Spice, or any drugs, again.

Either way he didn't really have a problem. "That's fine. No difference to me as long as i get paid."

True enough.

Zoltan Rarsk

Zoltan nodded, as once again, he motioned for them to start moving. "​Drive." H​e sternly commanded. While he seemed to be back on cordial terms with Meyer, Zoltan still remained annoyed and insecure, something that the legendary spymaster should never feel. E​ver.

He passed the package over to Kurt as he began to absentmindedly rap his knuckles on the plastic material next to his seat. "How long have you been in the delivery business...Kurt, right?"​ Z​oltan asked, trying to keep the mood lively to prevent a boring ride to their destination.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Zoltan Rarsk"]

"Not too long." Kurt answered.

It really hadn't been all that long, a year at the most. Delivery suited him, it got him a good ship and quite a bit of cash on the side. It was not career, true, eventually it would be too dangerous to do it, but for now it was just fine. He liked the travel most of all, and he enjoyed being able to pick and choose where and what he delivered. It helped that the new company was more than open to letting Kurt take a bit of time off now and again. Pretty relaxed folk.

"Used to be a pilot in the Navy." He said, continuing the conversation. "Republic. Fought against the Sith and everything."

Small detail about him, perhaps it would put the man at ease about his capabilities.

Zoltan Rarsk

Zoltan sneered as heard about Kurt's past association with the Republic. "​The Republic, what a bunch of weak and cowardly fools. I apologize if you have any pleasant notions about them, but they are a scum on the face of this galaxy." H​e spat. His history with the Republic clouded his thoughts, as he remembered his days back within the reign of the Senate. A few months had passed since his betrayal by the Pubs and his self-imposed exile from their territory, as due to his recognizable appearance, he wouldn't be able to go back within their space without a few people sending an anonymous tip their way.

However, he tried to ignore his feelings and continue with the conversation. "​Who did you serve with? I have a few contacts within the navy." Zoltan said.

[member="Kurt Meyer"]

Kurt Meyer

Let Me Push That Button
[member="Zoltan Rarsk"]

Kurt shrugged. "Most of em' are dead now."

That was a very sad fact, but a true one. The war with the Sith had now lasted the better part of a decade. Kurt had been a fighter pilot, a job that didn't have the greatest of survival rates. With the way that the Sith fought, quick, brutal, and throwing wall after wall of fighters at the Republic...well his former profession tended to have a high rate of mortality. It was something that they had all accepted, something that they had even joked about.

The truth was, if Kurt hadn't been kicked out he likely would have been dead by now.

"You former military?" Kurt inquired to keep the conversation going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom