- Intent: To provide Merr Mechanica's customers a gadget to keep the comms clear.
- Image Source: -
- Canon Link: N/A
- Restricted Missions: N/A
- Primary Source: N/A
- Manufacturer: Merr Mechanica
- Model: SpeakEasy Module
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Modularity: No
- Production: Minor
- Hiridiu crystal
- Size: Small
- Weight: Very Light
- Boosts comms to a strength capable of resisting jamming.
- When attached to one's armor, the user's comms are able to resist standard jamming systems
- If enough modules are near one another, the resistance to jamming becomes exponentially stronger
- Advanced jammers are much harder to resist by the modules when in small numbers
- The module itself is rather easily destroyed as it is only protected by a thin layer of metal.
The SpeakEasy module is a nifty little gadget created by Merr Mechanica.
The main purpose behind this gadget is to give the user better resistance to enemy jamming of their communications. In most combat situations, if not all, your enemy will dedicate almost all of their resources to simply make sure you can't coordinate your forces. This a well known fact and a nuisance on the battlefield. Without communications, one is certainly going to have a tough time winning a battle.
That is where the SpeakEasy comes in.
The SpeakEasy is a small box, about the size of an apple, that one can attach to their armor, whether it be on their belt using the clip on the back or, should one buy the special edition, attach to one's armor magnetically. Once attached to one's person, they will have a much easier time in the face of comms jamming. An added bonus, if you have others near you who have the SpeakEasy equipped, your comms as a whole will grow even more resistant to jamming.