Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sparring [Jedi Temple, Coruscant]

@[member="Fabula Cavataio"]

Once Daella returned to Coruscant from Metalorn, she was ordered to attend regular training with fellow Jedi of her age. She had yet to be assigned to a Master Jedi, and therefore was subject to group training as seen necessary. For those that had ambitions of being a Jedi Knight, this situation would have caused some distress - as those that are unable to find a Master or prove their worth as a Jedi Knight were eventually reassigned to the Jedi Service Corps and received no further training in the Force.

Yet, Daella seemed hardly alarmed. Her icy, cool demeanor remained in tact. The group exercise was just simple hand-to-hand sparing. Training sabers remained clipped to belts as a mini-tournament among the Jedi Padawans commenced. Daella made it to the finals and was pitted against a bulky Duro male that was at least half a foot taller than her.

Looking up with her cold, blue eyes, Daella hardly seemed nervous about the impending fight. Her opponent kept the most serious of stone, still faces - having seen Daella fight her way to the finals. They assumed their ready stances and then the instructor signaled for their bout to start.

After thirty seconds, the large Duro laid face first on the floor outside of the ring. Daella had won through a ring out. The Duro slowly got up with a grimace and heavy pant. Some of his sweat dripped onto the floor. Daella expelled just a single, long breath as if to release all the tension built up due to the fight. She parted her smooth hair back, which had gotten in her face during combat.

The Instructor enthusiastically announced her to be the winner and then dismissed the class. Daella remained in the sparring room, though. Her eyes wandered to the floor for the time being.

Of the many places on Coruscant Fabula had been, none was anywhere near as lively as the Jedi Temple. She hated Coruscant most of the time, with its dead air and fake weather and caged plants and desperate animals, but the Jedi Temple was different. The Force was alive here, not buried under countless layers of technological stunting and the hatred of trillions of malcontent life forms. The fact that the Temple had one of the only naturally-grown gardens on the entire planet probably helped, and Fabula found herself spending long hours simply kneeling amongst the plants.

Today, she was not kneeling amongst the plants. The Jedi took their lightsaber training very seriously, and Fabula had heard tell of a student tournament taking place. She arrived late and lurked by the door, simply watching. If she were to integrate herself into this place, it would probably involve these children and their weapons, after all, and she couldn't help but be interested in their progress. One of them in particular was of great interest to her...the Padawan she had fought alongside back on Metalorn. She hadn't caught her name, but there was something special about her. Something unique...

The girl won the tournament. Disqualification by ring out. Not exactly the most definitive of victories, but these were just students. There was no reason to teach them to kill before their lives started to involve death. Fabula lingered after, nodding politely at the Jedi instructor and her students as they left. There was no reason to be rude, after all, even if she had absolutely no interest in any of them. Only the girl.

When they were alone, Fabula stood up and walked over to the contemplative young woman, her hands clasped behind her back and a soft smile gracing her lips. "Hello again. You fight as well as ever."
@[member="Daella Apparine"]

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
@[member="Fabula Cavataio"] @[member="Daella Apparine"]

Saki had been watching the fight and she had to admit... This was fun, she wanted to get into the ring and show the padawan a fight. No ring out but she continued to sit there in her robes hiding most of her tattoo's save the ones on her hands and head. Maybe it was time to take her place in the ring when someone new came. She knew her... or at least that was the one who had been at Metalorn... Which Saki hadn't been able to go to and help. Would have been quite a fun trip and bashing some sith heads in was one of the most therapeutic experiences a jedi could get. Better then sex... not really but hey sometimes it was a great substitute.

Then she took her robes off and stood with the small straps while approaching the floor. Yeah she was no wear near as stacked as the small fry but she made up for cleavage with her fists.

As soon as @[member="Fabula Cavataio"] spoke, Daella turned to the woman. Her eyes widened slightly at her words. Once Fabula finished her short greeting, Daella gently placed her right hand over her chest and gave a short bow at forty-five degrees.

Upon straightening herself, Daella then responded with a terse, “Thanks.

Even with @[member="Saki"] disrobing and entering the ring, that was it for Daella as far as a greeting went.

Oh thank Allya, someone else who didn't need Fabula to speak in novels. The Witchknight ignored the other one approaching behind her. She was aware of her location and the taste of her aura, and that was enough. Instead, she bowed from the waist towards the blonde girl, making sure to speak after she was standing back up. It was hard enough to hear Fabs' mousy little voice when she was facing you, let alone talking at the floor.

"We never got a chance for a proper introduction out there in the storm," she started, barely loud enough to be above a whisper. The Jedi Temple was blissfully silent, so she didn't have to fight to be heard as she would in airspeeder traffic or the middle of a tornado. "I'm Fabula. I'm glad we can speak this time under less hostile circumstances."

She left out her family name for a similar reason to why she didn't acknowledge the little ball of rage behind her. It would just cause more trauma. Making acquaintances was hard enough for Fabula to do without having to worry about preconceptions or tempers or unfortunate historical logs of century-long Sith tyrannies that may or may not have altered the course of the galaxy.

...Yeah, this whole "Jedi" thing was going to be a little tricky.
@[member="Daella Apparine"] @[member="Saki"]

With her eyes never deviating from @[member="Fabula Cavataio"]'s, Daella listened to the woman give her name. She gave a nod in response to Fabula pointing out how the two first met.

After a blink, Daella gave yet another short reply with, "I'm Daella Apparine."

The family name would have been substantially less noteworthy than Fabula's.

Fabula gave a brief nod to Daella, clasping her hands in front of her before she continued. "Well, Miss Apparine, I've seen you fight twice so far, and I'm impressed that someone so young has developed so well." The Witchknight tried her absolute hardest to be as unthreatening as possible, with a tiny smile and the same soft look in her eyes. A visitor to the Temple struggling to control herself but asking a Padawan to fight might very well be taken the wrong way. "If it's alright with you, I would very much like to test you myself."

Even here, amongst the peace and light of the most benevolent place in the galaxy, Fabula was still fighting with her need to beat the everloving kark out of everything around her. At least in a Jedi training room she had access to healers and training lightsabers to keep from killing people with her need to crush throats and shatter bones. Plus, fighting a Padawan would teach her restraint.

Something came to her mind a bit too late. "I-...if you're still tired from the tournament, though, I can wait..." Her voice tapered away. Stupid girl. Why hadn't she thought of that first?
@[member="Daella Apparine"] @[member="Saki"]

As @[member="Fabula Cavataio"] brought her hands in front of her, Daella’s eyes glanced toward them as she spoke. As soon as Fabula mentioned her desire to test Daella, the Padawan looked back up to the woman with widened eyes. Her mouth opened slightly, looking as if she was surprised.

After several more blinds, Daella closed her mouth with a gulp. She then spoke to Fabula, “I'm not tired. What would you have me do?

Well, that was new. Fabula wasn't quite used to scaring people. This had been the same Padawan who had fearlessly (or just doing a really good job of hiding said fear) sidled up to fight a Sith Lord next to a Dark Jedi on a Sith planet...and now, being smiled at by a woman who looked like she'd be better fit to baking cookies, she was nervous. With a warm little smile, Fabula lowered her head.

"Nothing you're not ready for," she replied before looking back up to the little blonde girl. "But if you would allow it, I would very much like to spar with you. Your showing during that lesson was impressive enough to catch my eye. Padawan training duels are something of a fixation of mine." She didn't move from her position. No need to intimidate the poor dear more than she already was. When she was done with this, Fabs would need to figure out exactly what about her was so unnerving and fix it. Or maybe it was just Daella's own nerves at being put on the spot. Either way...

For a brief second, Daella turned her head back toward the center of the ring. Her eyes continued to blink as if in thought.

Then, she looked back at @[member="Fabula Cavataio"] and replied with, “Okay.

Taking quick steps, Daella walked toward one of the starting positions in the ring as the Padawans had used for their hand-to-hand tournament.

Looking at Fabula once more, Daella asked, “Unarmed or training sabers?

Yes! A bite! Fabula tried hard to contain her enthusiasm more than she normally did when the prospect of a fight was on her. Giving a quick nod, the little Witch raised her arm to the side of the room, drawing a pair of training lightsabers to her hand before holding one out to Daella. "I'm sorry, I'm not exactly trained in unarmed combat. I'd fall back on the Force for power." It'd also be much more likely for her to seriously hurt the poor girl without a weapon.

She gripped one of the training sabers in her left hand, holding it tight and trying her hardest to get a feel for it. It wasn't one she made, of course, so it wasn't fitted for her, and she didn't feel attuned to it. It was a bit like flying someone else's ship; it never quite felt "right." Even so, she refused to use a lethal weapon against a student, and especially not in sparring practice.

Fabula flicked her thumb across the ignition switch of her training lightsaber, holding the (...green? Bleugh) blade up towards Daella. "Besides, I like talented Padawans. Potential is a thing to be cradled and nourished, Miss Apparine."

While a training saber remained clipped on Daella’s belt, the Padawan walked back to Fabula and took the offered one from @[member="Fabula Cavataio"]. There was no verbal response to Fabula’s explanation of why to fight with sabers. She seemed to have an unamused expression as she took her position again at the other end of the ring from Fabula.

As Fabula took her stance, Daella also prepared herself. She stood with her right foot forward and the training saber in her right hand. She pointed the hilt downward as she ignited the blue blade, which extended the plasma toward the ground. Daella stood upright and looked straight at Fabula.

Just as regular sparring,” said Daella, as if to confirm the rules, “To the first contact. On your go.

With both weapons active, Fabula's senses sharpened to the same practiced level as normal. She checked for grip, demeanor, favored limbs, flaws in her enemy's stance... it didn't take her long to find one, though it was minor. 'Neutral-down single guard. Susceptible to same-side upper diagonal. Be gentle with her, no Force.' Within the space of a couple of breaths, Fabula had her course.

She stepped a few inches forward, flicked her lightsaber into a two-handed, forward grip, then lunged towards Daella, her first attack a diagonal slice from her own left side; Daella's right, above her down-pointed blade. It was a quick test swing, meant to show the flaw rather than exploit it. She didn't follow through, instead dropping back into a neutral Shii-Cho stance that her Padawan partner had probably seen a few hundred times.

The moment @[member="Fabula Cavataio"] took her first step, Daella began to lift up her training saber. Her right foot began to scoot back. Her blue eyes kept themselves on Fabula as the woman lunged forward.

Just as Fabula began to swing her training saber to Daella, the Padawan quickly slid her right leg back some more. In a flash, she brought her lightsaber up the from her upper torso to above her head. She grasped the hilt with both hands just before doing so, as well. Her eyes also pulsed wider and she quickly exhaled a breath of air.

The stoic face that Daella bore continued to show throughout the Padawan’s response to Fabula’s “test.” Daella continued to swing her lightsaber up and to her right after Fabula quickly backed off and assumed a ready stance. That warranted a slightly raised right eyebrow from the girl, though.

Then, Daella slid her left foot back. The girl had her right foot forward once more. She released her left hand’s grip from on the hilt. Holding the lightsaber downwards with her right hand, Daella assumed the same stance she had once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom