Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Spanners in the Works

He was paying more attention to her look of concentration than what she was trying to achieve. It was hard to sense what she was doing with the Force. At least it was until she actually reached out towards the switch to give it a push. It was easy to pick up the Force being bent to someone's will to move something.

"Hey, you've nearly got it," he said.

A good teacher wouldn't have sounded so surprised, nor would they have made any noise at all when a student was on the precipice of achieving something.

She thought the switch had finally changed position when Acaadi had spoken. It wasn't his tone of surprise that knocked her concentration. Not even his presence. It seemed the word Hey had quite a strong foot hold in her mind for demanding her concentration as her eyes opened and the mental image scattered to the stars.

Her mouth hung open for a long moment, surprise halting any reaction at first. At least before indignation caught up with her and the incredulous annoyance came shining through.

She likely could look intimidating when she wanted to. But it was hard to do with your arms sticking out of a large blanket as she leapt forward and made to swing balled fists at her impromptu teacher. It was in good fun, more an expression of irritation than actual anger as she playfully swatted at him.

"I was so fethin close! I was right there!" She hissed, shifting to try and get a better playful swing at him.

Acaadi was given a fraction of a second to ponder his mistake until padded arms went swinging his way.

"Ah! Get away!" he laughed back pkayfull. He dipped his chin to his chest as blanked arms descended on him.

Acaadi didn't feel like he could just strike back at her. His muffled protests didn't seem to slow her. He hadn't stopped laughing either. On the wall, the faint image of the comedy show stayed frozen on the credits. There was a chance they would never get past them.

In an effort to subdue Phalsi he wrapped his awkward arms around her and rolled back. He tried to pin her arms, but mostly just ended up with wet towel over his face.

"Should have concentrated more!"

The air filled with laughter once more as she batted at him, at least until she squealed at his grab and with equally awkward movements tried to get free.

"You were right in my ear!" His grab however had pinched the blanket around her back, and forced her arms above her head. She wiggled and tried to pull her arms free, instead ending up caught with her arms pinched in the sleeves and her face half covered.

The towel though, for what it was worth wafted with a lovely flowery scent as she stopped struggling and pondered her situation. She could wiggle free, but it gave him ample opportunity to wrap her further in the blanket coat. She thought about using the force, but didn't have an appropriate skill for such a situation.

Her lip smacked with a sharp draw of air as she thought, a defiant huff coming from within the fluff Acaadi had a hold of. She very much felt like a shelled creature caught on it's back. Her arms waved a moment above her head, giving a defeated sigh.

"These aren't helpful for fighting in are they?" Acaadi said, his voice muffled by blankets. She had given up which was good because there was nothing else he could do from this position.

He had a rough hold on a bundle of blankets and a towel within which Phalsi was buried somewhere.

"Erm...surrender?"

Acaadi was more aware of where they were than when the struggle had started.

"And...I'll admit I shouldn't have interrupted you," he laughed, releasing his hold on her.

She thought on his offer, her arms trapped and how her wiggles were getting her no where fast. He at least was going to admit he shouldn't have interrupted.

Silence came from below the blanket for a long breath of time, wondering just how troublesome she felt like being. A slight tingle in her arms had her deciding.

"I give up." She mumbled.

Acaadi slowly released his grip. It wasn't a particularly tight grip, more a combination of weight and longer arms wrapped all the way around. This time he was even more suspicious that she wasn't going to honour a truce.

As he released her, Acaadi leaned back onto his side. His own blanket was twisted all around him still. The room didn't feel cold any more. Instead his face was flushed, his pulse was racing and he was breathing hard.

"That was my first 'being a blanket monster' fight," he mused. "And you did almost get the switch and you didn't think you'd be able to!"

She was cautious about his release, rolling free and wiggling more as she tried to right herself in the jumbled mess that was her blanket.

She heard his words but was still righting herself before she answered. Her head popped out from beneath the blanket with a satisfied grin.

"Almost! I'll have to practice when I'm less, distracted." She narrowed her eyes at him, diving for the remote before retreating. "Blanket fights are always fun. I don't imagine guys have a lot of sleepovers, so that's understandable."

It took a lot of sorting to untangle his own blanket. It turned out rolling away from the attack had wedged a corner underneath himself. It took longer than it should have done to work that out.

"Like fighting in those big bubble things at a fair," he laughed. He was grateful for the cool air on his warm face now. When he had more colour to his skin it went a deeper shade of green

"Are you sure it was blanket fights and not sexy pillow fights?" he asked. "Erm...that sounded less creepy in my head..."

"Sounds like fun. One comes nearby we should go." She chuckled to herself, flipping the remote over in her hand before taking a look his way.

"Naw. Sexy pillow fights are only for show. And they aren't even-" She caught sight of his darkening skin, eyes narrowing as a wicked grin crossed her face.

"You alright?" The teasing tone of her words didn't match the feigned worry. Nor did it stop her from leaning towards him slowly. "Are you wanting to fight a bit more?"

Even though she was speaking, her mind summoned up the mental images from earlier, the force flowing slowly as her mind reached for the switch once more.

He hadn't been thinking about doing anything social for some time. Phalsi had been the one to admit how lonely she had been feeling, but it struck Acaadi that he had fallen into a very isolated routine. One that hardly changing from week to week. He needed to break that routine.

She latched onto his embarrassment in a flash. He hasn't been anywhere near this jumpy when he'd reached out to her in exile. It was, he reflected, probably because he was in her room when she had so obviously been out of the shower only a few minutes.

The time it took to reply was just as telling as the colour on his cheeks. He felt he stretching out for the light switch again. Acaadi didn't know if interrupting her deliberately this time would be funny, or lead to genuine annoyance on her part.

"That a challenge?" was all he eventually managed to ask. He managed just a hint of a grin as he watched her concentrating.

This time she managed to separate the speaking and the focusing. A task not so simple as it sounded at first. The ability to type on a keyboard while speaking to someone was easy for her to manage. Feth, she could even completely turn away from the screen and address the person she was speaking with while typing and have near to no misspellings.

She would prefer that to attempting to manage this form of concentration of force abilities, but one never gained skills while remaining in their comfort zone.

He eventually replied, and she struggled to keep her face relatively close to the teasing smile. The switch wiggled before the light shut off finally. She let out the breath she had been holding, her brain somehow rationalizing the action as necessary to perform the action.

"Naw, you'd have me whipped before I could even really pose a threat." She laughed, rocking backwards and laying on her back. "More feeding into that lovely shade you turn."

The timer she had set finally turned over to zero as the credits began to roll on the screen, a deft hand tapping the speaker above her head as the sound flickered on. "Get some snacks, I picked what I thought was best."

"I don't go..." He started to protest. Acaadi gave up before he could even finish the very flimsy lie about the flush of his cheeks. The truth wasn't even fully concealed by the darkness.

"But if you ever want to train when you're around here, physical or whatever. It's nice to have someone to hang out with."

"Long as you help with that mess of a ship tomorrow," he said, as he fell silent but for the rustling of packets as he selfishly sorted for his favourite snacks and found a comfy position.

She cackled a little as his words trailed off. The rumbles of happy giggles eventually fading as she glanced his way. The blanket came up a little to cover up to her nose, certainly not hiding her own blush.

"That would be excellent. I actually need to go through some saber training along with cardio, brush up on things." She replied, waving her snack bag in the air before proclaiming her sins. "Got lazy and hungry! But it's so good!"

"Pppffft. Yeah, your ship is as good as done." She rolled a little, getting more comfortable before laying her head on his arm. "I promise to help, and not just tomorrow."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom