Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Spacial Combat And Rendition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewan "Raider" Isaacs

E
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Creating a wing of fighter pilots who are more than capable of ground combat.
  • Image Credit: N/A
  • Role: Strike Team
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: Commander Ewan Isaacs
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Unit Name: Spacial Combat And Rendition Wing(SCAR Wing)
  • Affiliation: Silver Jedi Concord
  • Classification: Advanced Recon
  • Description: SCAR Wing are combat experienced fighter pilots of varied backgrounds who have high marksmanship scores. the theory is that taking these individuals and testing their combat scores. Those who do not check out do not know the wiser and go back to their squadrons. Those who pass the scores move on to the next test, combat situations, again, if they do not pass, they go back to their squadrons. Those that do again, move on to the next test, and so on and so on. They are highly trained, highly intelligent, and mentally stable (they have psyche tests done throughout their "training").
COMBAT INFORMATION:
  • Unit Size: Large (144 pilots/operators spread out over 12 squadrons)
  • Unit Availability: Rare
  • Unit Experience: Veteran (not trained if not already having been in combat)
  • Equipment:
  • Function: They are still learning and improving but SCAR pilots are getting just as good on the ground as they are in the air. Considered the same a "pathfinders" these operators handle themselves with lethal distinction when necessary and stealth when possible. SCARs are carrier-based and are more readily accessible operators than dedicated Special Forces. They do not need special transports as their fighters can carry them to their destination, they are more than capable of zero-G operations and boarding a capital ship in a small team, and conducting their operations. In a fighter, each pilot is ruthless in their actions, often redlining their equipment (and driving their support staff in the process) to get behind an opponent and not wasting missiles on them. Away from their fighters, they prefer a suppressed rifled weapon for that shot that takes down someone without others noticing, but they will fight in open combat just as efficiently.
Strengths:
  • THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: If you think that crashed SCAR is out of their element, you're wrong.
  • ONE MINDSET: All the same training, all the same background, all the same mindset. They're not drones, they're individuals but they all are out for the same thing.
Weaknesses:
  • YOU'RE STILL PILOTS: They are getting better and better trained by the mission and by the day, but true "Special Operations" operators train for up to fourteen hours a day on their craft when not out on missions. They have a long way to go, especially since they are pilots primarily.
  • BACKUP ISN'T ON THE WAY: SCARs' advantage is that they are able to work long distances away from their FOBs. This of course means that if they get in trouble, they are pretty much on their own as it will take any real backup a while to get there.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
When Commander Isaacs transferred from Special Forces to the Starfighter Corps, he figured that this was a new chapter in his career. When he gained the credentials of a squadron leader, the ace pilot was shot down in an ambush and forced to fight his way through an enemy-filled jungle to an LZ. His Special Forces training took over and he was able to make it with a fair amount of ease. The feeling that he had once this was over was simple, Ewan had the Special Forces "itch" again. He didn't transfer back, he wanted to do something special. Having read up about the legendary "Wraith Squadron", the operator wanted a wing of pilots who could fight in any arena. He was not delusional, Ewan did not believe that he could make them as good as the Paladin Rangers, or Omega Squad, but he could make something special.

After weeks and weeks of finding the right pilots and training them, a squadron was formed and flew on a couple of missions. The X-wings were magnificent as always, but what he wanted to do with the SCARs was not going to work with the infamous fighter. The new "Jackal" however was a different story. Soon he was approved for more and more pilots until finally a wing was formed. They are not where he wants them to be yet, but they are getting there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Commander Ewan "Raider" Isaacs Good morning. I really like what you've written here, however, there are a few things we need to fix/expand on before I approve this:

Links | Please link your character's bio rather than tagging yourself here.​
Combat Information | Please remove the template instructions attached to this section, I've highlighted it here. "COMBAT INFORMATION: The combination of Unit Size and Availability below is the indicator of how numerous your unit is. Stormtroopers for instance would be considered Large/Common, while Rogue Squadron would be a Small/Unique unit. Majority Force User Units are prohibited from being Common or Large. The stronger and more specialized your unit is (FU or NFU), the smaller and less common it should be."​
Equipment | Because your unit is rated as Medium and Rare, it can only use equipment rated at Limited, Minor, or Mass Production levels. Please remove the weapons currently listed and replace them with ones that meet the above standards. For reference, here is the Unit table used in the template:​
m9iV36K.png
Combat Function | Expand on this field if you would. What are their tactics like? Do they swarm or try to hit specific points? Are they support for larger ships or can they be stand-alone fighters? I've quote the template below for you to reference as you go about editing.​
Combat Function: [ Describe this unit’s general function in combat. Put things like tactics, habits, goals, how they interact with other parts of a larger army, do they need support or are they the support, etc. ]

Please feel free to give me a tag when edits are complete or if you have any questions/concerns while editing!

Ewan "Raider" Isaacs

E
Ylla Caeli'runa, I fixed everything but the equipment and the only reason for this is because I was told previously that if they are either submitted (and for) my characters then that was fine. Omega Squad(Aien Mueller ) are mine and Gir Quee made the Jackal for me( Liram Angellus Liram Angellus ). If this isn't the case, no problem as I will make some fast subs.

Let me know. :)

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Commander Ewan "Raider" Isaacs
Yes, things that are made for you are fine. But, because of the size and availability of the unit itself, it cannot use Semi-Unique gear. It can only use gear rated as Limited, Minor, or Mass Produced. You can also look around the Technology section of the Factory for weapons that are Open-Market and Limited production or lower rather than submitting your own, if you'd like.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Commander Ewan "Raider" Isaacs

Alright, no problem! I'll check in a few days to see where you are. However, if you finsh submitting and update the gear on this submission before any of my check-ins, feel free to give me a tag!

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Commander Ewan "Raider" Isaacs Definitely improvement! However, the weapons listed are still rated as Semi-Unique. Please remove those and replace them with weapons that have Production rates of Limited, Minor, and/or Mass Produced.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Commander Ewan "Raider" Isaacs That would further limit you to only Minor and Mass Produced gear. The only combination of rating for the unit that would be able to use Semi-Unique are Small and Unique which would not fit your purpose here. Please look through the Technology section of the Factory to find gear that is rated at the Production rates of Minor, and/or Mass Produced if you would like to keep the unit Large.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Commander Ewan "Raider" Isaacs Thank you for those. However, the Jackal Class Starfighter is still rated at Semi-unique and I don't believe you can edit an Approved submission. Would you either remove it entirely or replace it as you did with the weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom