Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech SPA-1S Mobile Artillery (Siege Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basilisk1.png

Intent: To create armored, mobile siege and anti-infantry artillery for use by The Rebel Alliance.
Development Thread: [None]
Manufacturer: The Rebel Alliance
Model: RA SPA-1S Gavel (ballistic siege version)
Affiliation: The Rebel Alliance
Modularity: Spartakes Heavy MGs may be attached to the gunner’s nest for their personal defense. 1 cm durasteel armor skirts may be fastened atop the tracks. Reactive armor may be placed over the hull. A mine plow may be affixed to the front of the vehicle for mine sweeping or as extra armor. Track links can be disconnected and replaced.
Production: Minor
Material: Turadium chassis; Durasteel hull; combination Durasteel and Duravlex cannons; Duralium-Lanthanide gunner shrapnel shield; Durasteel treads

Description: The SPA-1S Gavel is a tracked, self-propelled armored artillery vehicle produced for the bombardment of fortified structures and ground-based troop harassment. Its rifled cannon is ideal for firing ballistic shells, which are capable of severely impacting buildings and scattering shrapnel in battlefields.

The SPA-1 series are very maneuverable and rely on rotating the entire vehicle instead of a turret in order to alter aim, though the main gun has an 82-degree vertical adjustment range to alter firing trajectory. A socket plasma cannon is situated at the front of the vehicle for defensive, anti-infantry purposes. The gunnery nest has two slots for placement of Spartakes Heavy MGs for further defensive measures. The assault cannon is manually loaded, able to handle various shells of the 0.3 meter calibre for all manners of combat purposes. The frontal gun is powered by tibanna gas canisters.

The chassis is formed of turadium to protect the typically vulnerable undercarriage of armored vehicles. A 3.5-meter curved flak shield protects the gun crew from frontal attacks.

The Gavel’s maneuvering systems are archaically simple: powered by petrol, started up by hand crank, and steered manually, enabling it to continue functioning even in EMP attacks.

The Gavel can also be used to sweep mines with an attachable plow, or to tow heavy equipment and vehicles via simple chain leads.

The SPA-1S and SPA-1F are exactly the same--with the exception of main armaments--for cheaper and efficient manufacturing. They are solid, mechanically reliable machinery but vulnerable to bombers or heavy artillery of their class.

Role: Mobile artillery
Height: 6 m (2.5 m hull; 3.5 m gunner shrapnel shield)
Length: 8 m hull (14 m including cannon at horizontal angle)
Width: 5 m
Weight: 70.8 metric tonnes
Minimum Crew: 2 (The Gavel can be operated by just one crew member, however he will not be able to fire the cannons and pilot the vehicle simultaneously. Therefore the minimum effective operating crew is 2.)
Optimal Crew: 4
Propulsion: Tracks
Top Speed: 48 km/h
Armaments: One 300 cm (9 m length) vertically adjustable, rifled assault cannon for firing ballistic shells; one 100 cm (800 cm length) hull emplaced socket-swivel plasma cannon; OPTIONAL: Up to two manually operated Spartakes Heavy MGs
Passenger Capacity: 1
Cargo Capacity: Up to 34 metric tonnes at cost of speed
Misc. Equipment: Infrared-enhanced sights

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

Requesting the following:

Change:
  • Weight: Make her a bit heavier. Just doing the math and such, She's lighter than an M1A2
  • Speed: With that, she's also almost as fast. Slower her down slightly, adjust maneuverability.

Do these things, tag me and you're good to go.

[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

I have increased the weight and decreased the speed on both this entry and the 'F' submission. (I just realized I had erroneously based the weight on a vehicle of significantly smaller dimensions. :D )

However, I'm not sure I understand why the maneuverability would need to be modified. Tracked vehicles are capable of exceptional rotation speeds.

[member="Geneviève Lasedri"]

Nothing significant. M109-A6 couldn't make a significant turn, believe me. I was in one before.

I'm saying if compared to say a Bradley or rather the M2A3 Bradley...kind of deal.

Looks good, Approved pending secondary approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom