Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Sowing Seeds of Sustenance and Serenity

wb1.png
TAGS:
@ open
alexboarder.png
Braze wiped his brow with the back of his gloved hand, taking a moment to savor the satisfaction of hard work. Before him lay a stretch of freshly turned soil, ready to nurture whatever seeds were sown into it. His mission was straightforward: to create a sustainable food source for the Jedi Temple on Lothal, while also providing a tranquil space for meditation and reflection.

In one corner of the cleared plot, bags of vegetable seeds and young fruit tree saplings were neatly arranged. Cabbages, carrots, tomatoes, and a variety of herbs were all on the agenda. Braze knew the importance of a balanced diet, but he also wanted to include flowers and ornamental plants to uplift the soul.

He had posted a simple invitation on the local town's community board:

"Help Grow the Temple Garden: Volunteers Needed for Planting! Whether you have experience or not, all are welcome. Join in creating a dual food source and peaceful retreat."

Braze set his shovel aside and stretched his back. He could sense the living Force around him—small critters in the underbrush, the rustle of leaves in the trees. But the soil here, now cultivated, hummed with a particular promise of what could be: sustenance, beauty, life.

Leaning against his shovel, he awaited the company of others who might join him in this simple, yet profound, task. It was time to plant seeds that would feed both body and spirit, and he was eager to see who would take up the trowel beside him.

MOSHED-2022-8-18-22-57-25.jpg

Lothal
Tags: Braze Braze

Rayne_divider.png

outfit

The Rayne-Runner was moving through the grassy plains of Lothal with Rayne perched on the roof, basking in the sun. It was nice out, with a cool Autumn breeze that made a nice contrast to the warmth of the daylight. It was about then that she'd feel a familiar presence, and Rayne would turn her head towards the nearby temple to see a familiar figure, the visage of a white-haired boy that she had run across here on Lothal a few times now.

The young woman would turn the walker with her mind to head in his direction, releasing the ladder underneath that she'd awkwardly drop down to in order to descend safely to the ground.

From there the tall Twi'lek would simply stand behind Braze, peering over his shoulder as if to see what the boy was up to. She had a soft spot for kids, so naturally she had an interest in assisting whatever was going on here. It just seemed kind of... not that technical. She knew machines, not plants.

That wouldn't stop her from getting volunteered. If he turned to her with puppy eyes she'd be gardening in a heartbeat.

High Commander of the Lilaste Order
It had been years since Laphisto had returned to Lothal. The last time he was on this planet, a slight frown rolled over his face as he stepped over the soil he had landed in the nearest town and moved to return to the temple where he had spent much of his time as a Padawan. Upon approaching the temple, he managed to walk through the freshly tilled soil. His eyes danced down to the dirt with a raised brow. Head tilting to the side. At first, he hadn't seen the individual at the front of the temple.

He had headed straight to the temple without reading the notice bored. Heading closer to the temple, he looked up, spying on the person leaning on the shovel. and then over towards the Twil'ek. he was adorned in his Customized Set of Beskar'gam, with his Broad Saber attached to his waistband. With a sudden flash of teal, his eyes lit up as he peered at the two through the force. His ear perked softly as he raised a brow, recognizing one of the force signatures. Clearing his throat, he spoke up. His left hand resting on the end of his saber's hilt. standing well over seven feet tall as he approched

" my apologies, I didn't mean to disturb your gardening." he looked between them before his eyes returned to normal, inciting a slight wince as his hands grasped at teh corners of his eyes, rubbing at them with a light grumble. Shaking his head and blinking a few times before squinting at the two, or was he glaring? It was hard to tell

Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to Braze Braze

wb1.png
Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to Laphisto Laphisto
alexboarder.png
Feeling a presence approaching, Braze tilted his head, sensing the familiar energy signature. It wasn't long before he realized who it was. Rayne. Intrigued, he paused in his gardening, setting down his hand trowel next to a freshly planted seedling.

"Rayne? Is that you?" Braze asked, still wearing his training blindfold but smiling as if he could see her clearly. "You're kind of hard to miss, you know. The Force around you has a unique... hum, like an engine running smooth."

He sensed her looking over his shoulder, perhaps examining the row of young plants and plots of soil in various stages of being cultivated. It was clear she was out of her element here, but her presence was welcome nonetheless.

"I'm working on building a garden. A place that's both a food source and a peaceful spot for reflection," he explained. "Wanna help? I promise plants are easier to work with than you'd think."

Feeling a powerful presence in the Force approaching, Braze stopped his work for a moment and tilted his head. He moved to hand the tall lady a watering pail.

Braze paused, his grip on the shovel tightening just a fraction. The energy was new, a mix of unfamiliar and intriguing tones that he couldn't quite place. He lifted his blindfold slightly to confirm the presence of a towering figure before him, then returned it to its place.

"No need to apologize. Gardening is hardly a disturbance-sensitive activity,"
Braze said with a lighthearted tone, leaning on his shovel.

"So, uh, first time at the Lothal Temple? Lost ?" Braze ventured, curious about the newcomer but also sensing he wasn't a threat—just another puzzle piece.

Lothal
Tags: Braze Braze , Laphisto Laphisto

Rayne_divider.png

outfit

Oh. He was wearing a blind fold. That was new. Maybe it was some kind of Jedi thing. The boy certainly didn't move like he was blind at all. She'd give a nod, picking up a shovel to eagerly await some kind of instruction, hoping it really wasn't as hard as the boy insisted.

" my apologies, I didn't mean to disturb your gardening."

Rayne would turn to see a big guy. Like, a really big guy. She wasn't always used to people being taller than her, but this was to an extreme. But then there was a general confusion that gave them a far more dopey demeanor, so they didn't seem to be much of a threat in spite of the armor. The young Twi'lek woman would give him a confused tilt of her head as she brushed her Lekku over her shoulder. They did seem rather odd, what with the draconic bits and bobs.

But she really didn't care either way. She was just here to help the kid. Her attention would very quickly shift back to Braze in order to receive instruction.

Laphisto's gaze rolled over the two momentarily before looking up to the temple, shaking his head lightly. Upon further inspection, he didn't recognize the temple, but he recognized the presence of the place. This temple came long after he had forgotten the time. Though it was relatively close to the location where he was entombed several years prior with the words reaching his lone ear, he looked down at the pair once again, softly shaking his head " I wouldn't consider this my first time on Lothal no. iv been many times, though it is my first time to this temple at the very least. I didn't know there were others."

Giving another squint, he pushed his gaze around the area once again. His arms pushing up over his chest, a hand grasping at his chin in thought for a few moments " i take it you two are Jedi then? considering you both at this temple?" with another flash of his force sight - though only for a brief moment he extended a hand towards Braze then to Rayne" master and apprentice then no?" he made the assumption based on his presumed connection to the force that each had. one shining brighter to the other. That and one had a lightsaber, and the other didn't.

He didn't feel threatened and went to great lengths to make himself seem unthreatening. Though it was difficult considering his size and the fact he looked ready for war. he had made a point to give a glimpse of the mark of Clan ordo that was brandished on the right shoulder. Taking a gamble that Ordo was still friendly to the Jedi. Or so he had hoped anyway.

Last edited:

Braze listened attentively to the man's query, shaking his head thoughtfully. "I can't say for sure about Rayne, but she's not a Jedi as far as I know. As for me—well, I guess I am, but it's more complicated. At this point, I just identify as 'Braze,' you know?" His words carried a mixture of introspection and genuine curiosity as if he were constantly questioning his own identity even while discussing it.

With a subtle shift in tone, Braze redirected the conversation to the task at hand. "Would you be interested in helping us plant some trees and seeds?" He gestured towards the soil and started to dig a small hole in the freshly tilled earth, his movements deliberate and inviting.

Lothal
Tags: Braze Braze , Laphisto Laphisto

Rayne_divider.png

outfit

Rayne couldn't help but let out a silent snicker at the idea of being mistaken for a Jedi. Tall as she was, the young woman was clearly not a fighter, or a monk, or anything fancy for that matter. Just a junky mechanic who was frankly not a fighter. She'd shake her head at the prospect, agreeing with what Braze had to say about her non-Jedi status.

It wasn't the life for her.

Whenever Braze did begin to dig, the Twi'lek would watch his movements intently, trying to take in all of the motions he was making. She had a good memory at the very least, so it wouldn't take too much to figure it all out after watching him first.

She just needed to know where to start.

Laphisto gripped his chin in thought, shaking his head with a light chuckle before looking at the temple again. " my apologies for the confusion." when Braze asked for his assistance, he grabbed at his wrist, opening up the holo computer and scrolled through for a moment before giving a slight frown and a light flick of his ear "if I had the time I would lad, I have mostly come to pay my respects to some old friends, though I fear I may have stumbled across the wrong temple."

Giving a small bow toward the two, he stepped back, pulling a fisted hand up to his chest. "May balance guide your way." with that, he turned to make his departure. Though he would remain on the planet longer, he had little time to spare. He frowned lightly at the fact that he didn't find the tomb he was locked away in, though it was to be expected. After all, he was to be hidden for good reason at the time.

sweats as he had mistaken ossus for lothal for a moment lmao]

Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to Braze Braze

"Oh... okay then. " He offered turning his head towards the tall stranger.

Braze's eyes lit up as the tall lady seemed interested. "Just wait Rayne! I'll show you what we do!" he said, his voice tinged with a youthful enthusiasm that was simply contagious. With his sleeves rolled up to his elbows, he started to dig a hole in the earth with genuine gusto. Dirt flew in tiny arcs as he carved out a space for a new beginning—a tree that would someday offer its shade and fruit to passersby.

Once the hole was ready, Braze scampered over to a small collection of fruit tree saplings. He carefully selected one, his hands gently cradling the baby tree as though it were a precious gem. Dragging it over to the hole, he then kneeled down and began to explain the planting process in detail.

"You see, you want to make sure the roots are nice and spread out, not cramped. Oh, and the hole should be just a bit bigger than the root ball, so it has room to grow," he instructed, his hands skillfully maneuvering the sapling into its new home. He then filled in the earth around it, patting it down with loving care.

"What do you think? When it gets really big, it'll offer quite a bit of shade," he beamed, brushing a wayward strand of hair from his forehead with the back of a dirt-smudged hand. His eyes met Rayne's as he continued, "I was thinking, we could either place the trees close together, like an orchard, or spread them out. Do you have any thoughts on what should go where?"

His expression was open and eager, like a young artist seeking input on a work-in-progress. There was a certain earnestness about him, a zest for life that was hard to ignore. Even the way he talked about the trees seemed to endow them with personalities and potential as if he could already envision the community they would someday create.

Lothal

Rayne_divider.png

outfit

And the big guy was gone. Weird. Rayne didn't linger on it long. She was pretty quickly back to the moment, shadowing the actions that Braze was making for herself. It certainly didn't seem to difficult, at least if this younger individual could figure it out with a blindfold on.

"I was thinking, we could either place the trees close together, like an orchard, or spread them out. Do you have any thoughts on what should go where?"

The Twi'lek lingered on that thought for a moment. What to do indeed.... More spread out would look more natural, she reasoned. More space for flowers and walking paths to fill in negative space. The young woman would reach out, taking Braze's arms and pulling them away from each other, indicating such thoughts in as clear of a gesture she could offer to somebody who was currently lacking sight.

And she was kind of excited to help. There were no plants on Nar Shaddaa. This was weird, but in the good, new experience kind of way. So Rayne would eagerly await further instruction.

Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

Braze felt Rayne take hold of his arms and pull them apart, a gesture that instantly conveyed her thoughts on the matter. It was a simple but effective way of getting the message across to someone who couldn't see.

"Ah, I see—or rather, feel what you mean," Braze said, a chuckle threading through his words. "More spread out it is. It'll give us room for flowers and paths, make it more of a natural sanctuary than just a grove of trees. It's a good idea."

He sensed Rayne's excitement and found it infectious. Her eagerness was like a burst of sunshine, brightening up the whole endeavor.

"I can tell you're excited about this, and I don't blame you," he continued. "Planting something, watching it grow—it's one of the most rewarding things you can do. It's a way of making your mark on the world, a positive one at that. Nar Shaddaa may not have much in the way of greenery, but here, we can create something beautiful."

Braze paused, realizing that despite his blindness, he was seeing things more clearly in some ways. "Alright, let's start by setting the boundaries for where we want the trees to go. We'll mark the spots, then begin the planting. Ready?"

His voice held an encouraging tone, a touch of shared excitement for the work ahead. It was a simple project, perhaps, but in that simplicity lay the beauty of creation—something he felt they both could appreciate.
After they had carefully set the boundaries, marked the spots, and planted a few young trees, Braze paused to take it all in. Even without sight, he could sense the budding life around them, the potential for growth and renewal in every sapling they planted. It felt rewarding, a simple yet impactful form of connection with the world around them.

Turning toward Rayne, Braze felt a playful grin stretch across his face. "Would you like to see a neat trick? It's something I learned when I was younger, just in case I ever had to join the Agricultural Corps. It's pretty handy for speeding up the growth process of these saplings."

He waited for her response, his fingers tingling with anticipation. The skill was a combination of basic Force techniques and a little bit of agricultural science—a blend of his Jedi training and youthful playfulness. In a place as barren as Nar Shaddaa, it was a small yet profound magic trick, a quick spark of life in the face of so much desolation.

Lothal
Tags: Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to

Rayne_divider.png

outfit

"Would you like to see a neat trick? It's something I learned when I was younger, just in case I ever had to join the Agricultural Corps. It's pretty handy for speeding up the growth process of these saplings."

Rayne had been following along, repeating the actions that Braze had been doing in a rather spectacular imitation. She was quite good at watching and learning, even if she could be rather lazy at times. This was different, however. After all, it was helping a kid. Little guys would always have her full attention, especially her strangely heightened protective instincts.

The young woman would give a nod, a gesture hopefully perceivable through the force, though her intentions would certainly display as much enthusiasm to see this trick anyways. She was curious. The idea of spreading beauty, even to a place as dire as her old home, it was captivating.

So she'd wait with baited breath. Mostly because she couldn't speak, but also because she was patient.

wb1.png
Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to
alexboarder.png

Braze sensed Rayne's curiosity and enthusiasm, her presence in the Force vibrant and inviting. It sparked a sense of excitement in him, something he hadn't felt in quite some time. Usually, the other Padawans at the temple were too accustomed to Force abilities to find them particularly amazing. But Rayne was different, a refreshing presence among those he was used to.

The young Padawan's hands began to hover over a small potted plant, its leaves slightly wilted and in desperate need of revitalization. He felt the Force flow through him, tapping into the plant's own life energy. The act was one he was still learning, the ability known as "Plant Surge."

"Okay, watch this," Braze announced, his voice tinged with the excitement of a child about to perform a magic trick. The enthusiasm, a bit younger than his usual demeanor, bubbled up naturally. He couldn't help but feel delighted at the opportunity to impress someone genuinely interested in what he could do.

Focusing his intention on encouraging growth and vitality, Braze let the Force seep into the plant. It was a subtle art, requiring a harmonious balance of giving and taking, much like the interdependent relationship between plants and their environment.

Slowly, the plant responded. Its wilted leaves began to perk up, turning a more vivid shade of green. The tiny buds on its branches swelled as they hastened through their growth cycle, blooming into small, fragrant flowers within moments.

As he pulled his hands back, a satisfied grin stretched across Braze's face. He was aware of his limitations, knowing he wasn't yet a master of this ability, but the results were tangible. It was as though he'd poured weeks of care into the plant in mere seconds.

Turning back towards Rayne, he sought her reaction through the Force, eager to know if he'd managed to impress her.
"Well, what do you think?" he asked, his voice tinged with hope and a subtle yearning for approval. He could sense Rayne's patient but enthusiastic focus, and it buoyed his spirits. For once, he felt like a child showing off a drawing, simple yet deeply proud.

Lothal

Rayne_divider.png

outfit

It was like magic. Really really weird magic. Rayne watched, somewhat mesmerized, as Braze brought the wilting plant back to a healthy state. It was almost like giving it new life, in a way. She couldn't say anything, as she couldn't speak, but the woman would give off an expression through her emotions that would indicate she was, indeed, very impressed. A little clap of her hands would reassure such.

But it wasn't apparent to her how it had been done. Rayne spoke to machines, not plants. The young woman could feel the thoughts of droids, worm her way into the mainframes of starships and security systems. The truly living were an anomaly to her. It was like an alien encounter, or coming face to face with a fairy tale creature. It simply didn't register in the Twi'lek's mind at all. Maybe that was okay though. Life was more interesting when things were unexplained, Rayne thought. Or perhaps it was just her way of feeling better about her limited skill in the force. Or being lazy.

Or both.

Something very strange would happen, however, as her attention was grabbed by something hanging out of the tree sprout she was holding. A spider, no larger than a baby's finger nail. Rayne let out no scream, mostly because she couldn't, but had she a voice box she surely would have. The woman would very dramatically fall backwards, beginning to pat herself off in a panic to try and get the spider that wasn't even on her off.

An embarrassing sight, but at least nobody present had eyes.

Feeling a sudden surge of panic from Rayne through the Force, Braze would tense up, his grip tightening on whatever gardening tool he was using. "What's wrong?" he'd ask urgently, trying to sense what had startled her but lacking the visual context.

Feeling her fall backward and pat herself off, Braze would become increasingly alarmed. "Rayne, are you okay? What happened?" His tone would hold genuine concern, and he'd be torn between the desire to rip off his blindfold to see what was going on and maintaining his Jedi composure.

He may have sensed through the Force the tiny life signature of a spider moving away from her, he might have even let pass a shudder involuntarily. "Oh... was it a spider? I'm not a fan of those either."

Carefully setting down his gardening tool, he would extend his hand in the direction he sensed Rayne to be, offering her help to get up. "You alright? Want to continue, or have we had enough nature for one day?"

Lothal

Rayne_divider.png

outfit

Rayne very quickly sat up, her face flushed red with embarrassment. It was a rather unflattering, but at the very least Braze was sympathetic. And wearing a blindfold. He'd extent a hand to offer her help up, but what the poor boy probably didn't recognize fully was how much taller she really was. Even sitting down Rayne went up to his shoulders. She would take his hand to be polite, but she very much used her own leverage to get to her feet.

"You alright? Want to continue, or have we had enough nature for one day?"

Determination would swell in Rayne for a moment, but her true nature very quickly kicked in. She deflated, and her emotions would make it clear that the young woman was done for the day, at least with trees and such. There was other things she could do though.

Rayne would give a gentle gesture, though clear and concise, towards the boy's stomach, as though to inquire if he was hungry. She'd get him something to eat at the very least, while she was here.

Feeling the shift in Rayne's emotions through the Force, Braze sensed her initial determination wane into something softer, more subdued. It was clear she'd had her fill of nature for the day.

As she gestured towards his stomach, asking in her unique way if he was hungry, he chuckled softly. "I could eat," he said, letting a momentary silence settle between them. "Seems like we both could use a break from our green-thumbed endeavors."

Though he couldn't see her face, the Force allowed him a certain insight into her emotional landscape. He felt grateful for the connection, for it made interactions like these a bit easier. "Do you have any particular place in mind? I'm open to suggestions."

Lothal

Rayne_divider.png

outfit

"Do you have any particular place in mind? I'm open to suggestions."

Rayne sighed. She needed to get her vocoder now. She was trying to not rely on it, since it made her dizzy after use, but she did turn to climb up the ladder of her walker and grab the device. The Twi'lek was quick to return, presenting the vocoder so that Braze could hear it clearly.

"Spicy food," she suggested.

She liked spicy food.

As the conversation about food hung in the air, Braze reached out with the Force to the cluttered gardening area around them. It was subtle, but effective. Planting tools levitated back into their designated containers, soil particles floated gently back into the pots they had spilled from, and stray leaves found their way into the compost pile. Even the watering can lifted itself to tip the remaining water into the plants that needed it most. Within moments, the entire area was restored to its original, orderly state, as if their gardening project had never disrupted it.

Satisfied, Braze turned back to Rayne. "So, spicy noodles it is?" he asked, his voice tinged with a cheerful note.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom