Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship SOVFRIG-Series Bedlam-Class Assault Frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.
dread63.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To sub an Assault Frigate for the Sovereignty.
  • Image Source: FractalSponge
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: The Sovereignty | Didact Defense Solutions
  • Model: Bedlam-Class Assault Frigate
  • Affiliation: The Sovereignty | Didact Defense Solutions
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Alusteel (Hull), Damage Reduction Armour Component, Agrinium (Reactor Shielding)
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Assault Frigate
  • Length: 240 Meters
  • Width: 90 Metres
  • Height: 58 Metres
Armament: Low

Defenses: High

• Hangar: None
  • Maneuverability Rating: Low
  • Speed Rating: Very High
  • Hyperdrive Class: 1
STANDARD FEATURES
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Power Harpoons: The Bedlam-Class has power harpoon launchers lining both sides of the vessel, to shoot into and attach to enemy vessels; this allows the Bedlam to remain close as it sends boarders.

Strengths:
  • Raider: The Bedlam-Class has a high rate of speed for the size of ships in its class, and it uses this to its advantage, often charging up alongside enemy vessels.
  • Tough Shell: To accommodate the common tactics used with this frigate, it has powerful defenses designed to keep it going despite eney resistance.
Weaknesses:
  • Skinny Arms: Despite its strong defense, the Bedlam has little in the way of actual offense - though its Null-Burst Projectors work very well in tandem with its speed and harpoons, its other weapons leave a lot to be desired.
  • Empty Inside: The Bedlam has no space for Starfighter compliments whatsoever, and has to purely rely on its own systems and remains vulnerable to enemy starfighters.
Description:

Designed from the start as a raiding vessel to capture ships rather than destroy them, the Bedlam-Class is actually based on the old designs of the Alliance to Restore the Republic's ships, with similar design in terms of look as well as functionality. Its power harpoons are also enlarged versions of those used on smaller Alliance craft such as the Snowspeeder.

The Bedlam-class has found great success around Sovereign space, being used mainly against pirate fleets in order to capture their vessels to be repurposed or even just melted down for materials.

Mod request 9.3.18
Original Section(s):

• Manufacturer: The Sovereignty
  • Affiliation: The Sovereignty

New Section(s):

[member="Varik Ice"]
As this is over 200 meters, albeit by a small margin, the gap between 200 and 500 is small enough to warrant this to be judged from the 500 meter example for hangar ratings in the template. Zero squadrons would put your hangar rating at Very Low (None is used as an actual rating and is reserved for larger ships and is given the same weight as the Very Low -> Low or Average -> Moderate or Moderate -> High ratings. You would see this on a 1000 meter ship, where Very Low would be 1, and other larger ships.)
  • 500 Meters: [None: - | Very Low: 0 | Low: 1 | Average: 2 | Moderate: - | High: 3 | Very High: 5 | Extreme: 6]
As such, this puts you at one rating over what is acceptable for approval. You can add a considerable weakness, the ones you have listed are essentially restatements of your Armament and Hangar ratings so they're already being taken into consideration here, or you can lower one rating, such as Speed from Very High to High or Maneuverability from Average to Low. If you need help thinking of a weakness, in the instance that lowering one rating isn't something you'd like to do, just let me know and I'll throw you some suggestions.

Nadja Keto said:
[member="Varik Ice"]
As this is over 200 meters, albeit by a small margin, the gap between 200 and 500 is small enough to warrant this to be judged from the 500 meter example for hangar ratings in the template. Zero squadrons would put your hangar rating at Very Low (None is used as an actual rating and is reserved for larger ships and is given the same weight as the Very Low -> Low or Average -> Moderate or Moderate -> High ratings. You would see this on a 1000 meter ship, where Very Low would be 1, and other larger ships.)
As such, this puts you at one rating over what is acceptable for approval. You can add a considerable weakness, the ones you have listed are essentially restatements of your Armament and Hangar ratings so they're already being taken into consideration here, or you can lower one rating, such as Speed from Very High to High or Maneuverability from Average to Low. If you need help thinking of a weakness, in the instance that lowering one rating isn't something you'd like to do, just let me know and I'll throw you some suggestions.
I getcha. I've lowered Manouverability to Low, I hope that'll make it all good.

[member="Nadja Keto"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom