Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Soul Stone: Circlet of Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
EmD6FA7.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create more Mystical Artifacts for use by the Solanaceae - One of the 'Soul Stone' line of Circlets
  • Image Source: Etsy & AfricaGems
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Command & Control: Dramatically bolsters a Witches' ability to telepathically or verbally command and control a larger or more powerful summon -- be they Spirit, Undead, Sithspawn, Force monster, etc. Sometimes Witches can raise an army of the Undead and have little control over their movements except to set them loose on an enemy; with the ability to guide their actions they may prove more effective combatants.
  • I See Dead People: Some magick users may be new to Necromancy, and could use a few helpful risen for training or quick combat purposes. The circlet makes conjuring a small gathering of specters possible even without extensive training, and can even help a more experienced Witch to call upon a band of helpful creatures should they find their concentration waning.
  • I Have Special Eyes: Those in need of this circlet come in many shapes and sizes. The Solanaceae imbued the circlet with the ability to mold itself to the head of its wearer to ensure it doesn't slip down over one's eyes walking down the street, or is too small to get around their head.
  • The Spirits Know: Actively gifted by Masters within the Solanaceae, the Circlet can be worn even by those without Force Sensitivity and receive its blessing. However, the spirits will not linger indefinitely as they would with a Witch. Such 'lending' is almost exclusively for a single mission with the circlet recovered afterward; else the spirits will simply abandon the 'offending' circlet and the wearer merely has a pretty (if perhaps valuable) crown.
STRENGTHS
  • Rage Zombies: Take those shambling Dead and give them some pep to their step. Send them into battle fast, furious, and able to respond to your tactically sound (or unsound) decisions in a way the brainless would have never dreamed.
  • Horde of Zombies: So you've no bodies of the dead to raise, no Sithspawn creeping about, and no Force monsters lurking in your shadow? Use your Witchcraft to conjure a few of the Undead from the Nether itself; because a Witch should never be without her retinue.
  • Turn Undead: Someone else send the risen at you? Cause them to ignore you, break the spell keeping them in this realm, or wrest control away from their original summoner depending on the strength of your connection to the spiritual realm, and experience, plus a little something from the circlet itself.
  • Authorized Use Only: The Spirits know who follows the Solanaceae, and any that don't won't receive their blessing.
  • Accessorize: Circlets can be worn and used along side other talisman including rings, pendants or necklaces, bracelets, and so on.
WEAKNESSES
  • Just Died Yesterday: Young Witches not experienced in commanding the risen may find not all such respond well to commands. Some may resist if they're powerful enough; and attempts to deflect or command those controlled by another may not be successful depending on the strength of the power that reanimated or conjured them.
  • Just a Humble Dead: While able to more effectively control risen or mystically-touched creatures, the circlet will not gift them with greater intelligence of their own or imbue them with special powers. So if you want your zombie to fly you'll need to do it the old fashion way -- telekinesis, a jet pack (just tell them to push the button and pray), or a bomb under their feet.
  • Rule of Boon's Strength: Wearing more than one artifact that confers a particular benefit does not bolster the strength or power of that benefit; the strongest of those present is the effective strength of the effect. Though it may be useful to have more than one artifact conferring an effect in case another is damaged or lost.
  • Rule of One Circlet: Only the first circlet worn per head (with almost all sentient lifeforms possessing one head) confers their benefits to the wearer. Any more circlets are merely decorative. The more and differing kinds of spirits whose power you call upon, the more spiritual 'interference' results preventing someone from benefiting from wearing multiple circlets, tiaras, crowns, etc. It's also a fashion crime.
  • Ease of Removal: It is very easy to remove a circlet from the wearer if they are restrained in some manner. Without the circlet the spiritual protection is lost, and the battle of Will may soon follow.
  • Nullification: Effects that suppress or nullify the use of Force/magick may weaken or prevent the circlet from functioning as intended.
DESCRIPTION
Armies and Rogues around the galaxy build and buy blasters, blades, armor, and 'tech toys' that bolster their fierce presence in the field of battle. Witches and Warlocks while able to use these things often are not burdened with rucksacks of gear or armor thick enough to be mistaken for a starship's hull. The ability to remain in contact with the world around them, and the freedom of movement is more important to their lifestyle. Yet, such women and men are still at times forced into conflict with those that do not follow their ways (and even those that do).

Therefore, the Solanaceae has taken to manufacturing and/or imbuing Artifacts of Power based on the research performed by diligent women and men of their coven of countless artifacts contained in their Vault. Such things are designed to provide various benefits to those that walk in their path in order to survive the perils of this world or the next.

The Circlet of Control is one of these artifacts. This circlet was crafted as both training and combat-bolstering gear for any Sister or Brother interest in commanding a variety of Undead or Sorcerous creatures. Able to stabilize the conduit of power between Witch and Summon, the circlet enables better, more granular control of their conjured servants in the world. In a pinch it can even aid in conjuring a few of those into existence, or help waylay an enemy's risen beast from rending a Sister or Brother to pieces.

Last edited:

Aldric

A
Heya,

I really like the vibe of this submission, very fun to read and well fleshed out with some enchanting (I'll see myself out) fluff.

The one concern I have is its ability to grant an untrained novice conjure a group of spectres. While this is entirely fine in isolation, at the Production Rating of Limited, I have balance concerns regarding the implication this carries, as a group of entirely untrained persons can, with the use of this item, conjure a large army of undead at a whim.

When compared to the canon resources (Army of the Dead summoned by Old Daka, Undead Warriors summoned by Dathka Graush using Sith Sorcery) I've found on the topic of returning the dead to life, such feats were usually performed by highly trained and experienced individuals with great reserves of power at their disposal.

Based on that I don't feel comfortable with a scaled-down version of such powers to be made accessible at a rating of Limited. I would ask you to lower the Production rating to Semi-Unique based on its current abilities.

Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

Aldric

A
Awesome. Like I said before, very much enjoyed the ideas and thoughts put into the circlet. A very nice artefact lore addition for an intriguing group! Excellent stuff!

Approved™

Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom