Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sordid

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[member="Irajah Ven"]

He wasn't a mentalist.

Couldn't see the flash happening in front of her eyes, but the catch in her voice and the interruption told him enough. Julian waited patiently for it to play out. Focusing on the skyline and on the soft approach of his sector underneath them.

It was different.

All of it. New layers added, others stripped away, he couldn't remember the large corporate spires crawling out of the outer layer to reach up for the sky. Back in those days this had been one of the poorer (and more affordable) places on Teta. The tread took them farther, away from the spires and towards a circular juxtaposition. The traffic cleared out here a bit, lessening, Jul breathed out (holding it without noticing first) in relief as he saw that this part?

Was still crapsack.

"Ya gon' get used to it, anasi, trust." A shrug there. "Dere be a small spacep-" The spaceport was not quite as small anymore.

Medium, but for Julian?

It was huge.

"Feth me." Julian breathed out again.

"'Getting used to it' won't make it less obnoxious," she replied dryly.

Irajah was unimpressed, but then, she had lived on Coruscant for the last two years, frequented Maena, and had lived in the royal palaces of Panatha. If someone had told her when she first set out on this journey that those things would have happened, well, she would have laughed in their faces. Raj was not prone to being blasé things, but she didn't have the history with Teta that Julian clearly had. All she had was watching the reactions as they filtered across his face.

The droid brought them into the space port easily, threading through the slim traffic. This wasn't one of the busier areas and Irajah could see why.

"Planning to pick up right where you left off?" She asked, her tone curious without any attempt to mask it.

"Got anyone waiting for you?"

[member="Julian Imani"]

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
[member="Irajah Ven"]

The moment that the ship settled it became clear that Julian couldn't wait to get out.

Unless Irajah physically stopped him that is exactly what he would do. If she followed along, he would answer her- "Had a sister, I did, yah yah." Jul informed her absentmindedly as they walked. One corridor to the next until they walked off the ramp onto the landing platform. There Julian settled down. Waiting for her to join him as he studied the masses. The trickle here was not insane, but it still silenced him for a moment. A few seconds of meaningful pause before Imani continued.

"Passed through da veil, she did. Mmhm. Felt her immediately and came to talk."

A smirk there. "Punched me straight in da face, she did." A shrug there. "Fire in da veins, mah ma always done tell me. I offered to bring 'er back." Curious glance over to her, before Jul shrugged again. "Dun want dat and faded in peace."

Jul didn't really understand that.

Hadn't then, didn't now, but it had been here choice and he wouldn't judge that.

"Reckon I see how da shop is looking an' then take it from dere." "Wanna come an' see with me?"

As he recounted, Irajah was able to access that part of the memories. It was not unlike seeing double, both the mental picture his words formed as well as the actual experience from his angle.

She could feel the knot between her eyes tighten.

"I am afraid I will have to decline," she said, her done mostly dry but with a hint of humor in it.

"Damnable headache you would not believe."

A chuckle.

With the name of the shop and the area it existed in, she would have no trouble finding him again. And find him again she would. She didn't yet know the how or the why, but the sheer importance of him in something on a future line was irrefutable.

"I can promise this won't be the last time we see each other, Mister Imani." She glanced over to where a slip of darkness shifted. "And friend. But I believe here is where I wish you luck."

[member="Julian Imani"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom