Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Songs in Silver Arias

Newt

N

MOSHED-2022-10-16-19-57-46.jpg

Songs in Silver Arias
Empress Teta
Tags: Open (DM for later entry)

newt_divider.png

The sharp strum of a guitar echoed through the streets of Empress Teta as a chase was unfolding. Two speeders, one in the control of a pair of Nikto men. They were small time criminals trying to break into a new market, which Teta was most certainly lacking. They were peddling deathsticks, and rather importantly they needed a supply to sell.

Now that supply was little more than spilled fluid in the gutter, and the one who had spilled it was a young boy of fifteen. He had highjacked a speeder of his own, one of the vehicles the brothers had procured, and was standing up whilst steering the vessel with his right foot, playing a bizarre instrument that appeared to also be a blade. The sword shimmered in the evening sun as the young man seemed to cruse along, unreactive to the terrible aim of his new-found adversaries.

"Get back here, brat!" one hissed, shouting at the boy. "I'm gonna break ya fethin' kneecaps!"

"Sorry," Newt responded. "No can do, neighbor. I can't say that sounds like much fun at all."

Newt looked down below him. Water. That was good enough. With a beaming smile plastered on his face the young Hapan let himself slip gracefully off, sword clutched in his hands. Without his other foot on the gas the speeder skidded to a halt, causing a mid-air collision that created a fireball of debris. Moments later the boy would hoist himself out of the water, letting out a sigh.

"Man," he lamented, "Now what?"

His eyes narrowed in on two heads in the distance, emerging from the water. It was the Nikto. As much as Newt sort of wanted to stay and fight, he didn't really care all that much. The boy's stomach was rumbling. He needed to go find something to eat. So, he did just that, setting off back into the main city to discover something to munch on. It only took one blind turn around a corner to completely throw of his groove...

Sending him walking directly into a stranger.

Man, that Meiloorun pudding was filling. Now to get back to walking the streets...enjoying his time off. Time off? As a Padawan? He'd barely done any work yet, and now he had time off? Maybe the Jedi just thought he was a nuisance and needed to be stowed away somewhere out of mind for a while. No, don't think that...They love you, Kostodu.

As he was consoling himself, he was about to round the corner to get a nice view of the sparkling lake...

Suddenly, there was a feeling of warning in the back of his head. Not a sinister warning, like a crime or attack. More vague... Kostodu stopped walking.

Then, around the corner came a boy, probably in his teens. If the Twi'lek had continued walking, they would have collided. "Ah, hello! Sorry, I almost bumped into you!" Kostodu apologized, rubbing his lekku gently.

Once the Padawan looked closer, however, he noticed the boy was soaked. "Did you go for a swim....in your normal clothes?" he asked, suspicious.

The boy seemed pretty innocent, but then again, the most innocent looking ones were sometimes the most evil. He would see shortly...

Newt

Newt

N

Empress Teta
Tags: Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston

newt_divider.png

"Ah, hello! Sorry, I almost bumped into you!"

"Oh," Newt reacted, giving a weird frown. "No worries. Nothing happened, so it's fine."

The Hapan looked the the boy up and down. He was taller than him, and most certainly greener as well. A Twi'lek, right? Newt didn't exactly commit the names of species to his memory all that much. In fact, he didn't commit much to his memory at all these days. He just wanted to have a good time.

A wide smile did spread across his face when the boy mentioned how soaked he was.

"Sure as stardust I did!" he beamed, almost proudly. "It was a whoooole thing. You know how things go."

That was admittedly a ridiculous string of words, but Newt didn't seem to recognize such a thing. He had a one track mind, and almost immediately his track shifted to the pit in his stomach.

"Say, you know a good place to eat?" the boy asked suddenly. "I am starved! But I don't really know my way heads or tails about this place."

Kostodu was taken aback by the other boy's pride at swimming in a lake in normal clothes. Quite an adventurous person. Just like Kostodu himself before he became a Jedi. For now, though, the Padawan would ignore the boy's lack of detail about the "whole thing".

"Ah, in fact, I just came from a small, locally owned diner! They have the best Meiloorun pudding, but they have a lot of other choices too," the Twi'lek said, turning around and beckoning the boy to follow. Then he realized, he didn't know his name. "Hey, I'm Kostodu Xyston by the way, Jedi Padawan. What's your name?"

Newt

Newt

N

Empress Teta
Tags: Kostodu Xyston Kostodu Xyston

newt_divider.png

"I'll eat anything if I'm being honest," he noted. "That sounds cosmic."

The older boy said something about being a Jedi? That sure was a thing. He couldn't help but frown a little and tilt his head. That had to be boring, right? Following all those silly rules and stuff. Newt wasn't particularly fond of ruled.

"Newt," the boy introduced. "Just Newt, 100% self employed."

He only worked for himself. That was what Newt enjoyed the most. Absolute freedom.

Kostodu's eyebrows raised at the freelancer's last statement. He would usually be concerned that a young boy of Newt's age was running around the galaxy unsupervised. It was a dangerous place, and if Newt accidentally went down the wrong path, he might never see the light of day, or the stars ever again. But then he reminded himself: he and Newt were practically the same age.

The boy knew how to take care of himself. Letting go of his concern, Kostodu smiled and said, "Well, Meiloorun pudding it is! My treat!"

He turned another corner, and across the street amongst similar red-brick buildings, was a neon sign that read: The Silent Garden.

It was said that customers loved the taste of their food so much that they just sat there, quiet, enjoying the meal and flavors. Besides the taste of the food, the staff were all kind too. The only strange thing, if any, was that there were no droids to be seen in the establishment. When asked about it, the head of the restaurant merely explained that they preferred human staff better. Which of course was perfectly acceptable in a galaxy where droids were the norm in bar/restaurant settings.

It was certainly something different.

Kostodu crossed the street, and opened the door. A woman was waiting behind a desk, looking at a datapad. She perked up when the bell on the door rang. "Kostodu Xyston! Back again?" she asked pleasantly.

"Yes, here with a... new friend of mine!"
he replied, and gestured to Newt.

"Ah, what's your name?"

Newt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom