Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Sona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippy

The Adorable Nightmare
bendy_and_the_ink_machine_fanart_paint_by_inktaleasiadraws-db0klpq.png

http://inktaleasiadraws.deviantart.com/art/Bendy-And-The-Ink-Machine-Fanart-Paint-666089198
Bendy And The Ink Machine Fanart Paint by InktaleAsiaDraws on deviantart.com

Name: Sona
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Malachor
Language: Sona (Is there any codex for language?)
Average Lifespan: 100
Estimated Population: Rare

Average height of adults: 0.6 meters
Average length of adults: N/A
Skin color: Black with a white face and neck (Always)
Hair color: N/A
Distinctions:
  • Odd Shaped Eyes: Sona have eyes that are not a complete circle although the left sides of them have a small triangle that is not a part of the eyes. This affects their eyesight by having certain objects to the left of them or in the middle of them be out of their view when other species would be able to see them perfectly.
  • Pointed Head: At the top of their heads, Sona have a two points that almost look like cat ears although they are a part of their head.
  • Small Body: Sona is very small in size.
  • Black Body/White Face and Neck: Sona always have a black body with a white face and neck no matter what.
  • Short Legs: Sona's legs are very small. They are almost half the size of their arms.
  • Oval Body: Sona bodies are always shaped like an oval.
  • Opposite Voices: Sona's voices start out extremely low and get higher as they get older. For example, a Sona on the verge of dying of old age will sound like an infant or a baby.

Breathes: Type 1
Strengths:
  • Due to them being carnivores, having high metabolism to burn fat faster, and having a reduced amount of myostatin, Sona are Physically Strong to the point that they have twice as much strength as the average human.
  • Aesthetically Pleasing and generally viewed as cute and cuddly to most species.
Weaknesses:
  • Small
  • Bad Eyesight due to their odd shaped eyes that cause cause objects to be out of their view and the fact their vision is blurred
  • Easily Hurt/ Vulnerable due to thinner and more brittle bones.

Races:
N/A

Diet: Carnivore: Sona eat any meat they can put their hands on: Bugs, Small Rodents, and even sentient creatures like humans or often even their own kind.
Communication: Spoken (No Written Language)
Culture: Sona are a very tribal species. The only known Sona in the galaxy lived in a tribe on Malachor. They have their classic tribal cultures and traditions like having a chieftain, having a certain prayer after a big hunt, and avoiding all technology because the Sona claim that technology is a mysterious mechanism trying to compete with God. Then they had their own cultures and traditions that might be a little bit insane like always eating the first born child of every family because of the superstition that the first child will be a satanist, sacrificing someone each month to weed out the weak, and burning one of their own after each big hunt to make sure that God also has food. Another one of their "beautiful" traditions is using the chieftain, who is viewed as the descendant of a god, to have him donate his blood in order to use magicks to summon a god, go in a circle, and make a chant.
Technology level: Sona almost never use technology. They are very traditional and say that technology is a disgrace to their culture. This is because the Sona claim that technology is a mysterious mechanism trying to compete with God. They treat using technology as a direct insult to God.
General behavior: Sona were not a very friendly species. Almost all Sona viewed all species as prey or predators. Either way, they didn't like others and kept themselves secluded.

History:
Sona are native to Malachor and always had a very small population. They died so fast, the population could barely keep up with the deaths. Most deaths were caused by other Sona. They would kill fellow fellow Sona for assorted reason including tradition, sacrifice, or weeding out the weak. The Sona always have a chieftain ever since the beginning of the tribe. The chieftain is always thought as the descendant of a god and what he says is word. Anyone who defies him will end up dead. This god has no name apart from "God" and is a very malevolent creature who is viewed as the father of the original chieftain and the leader of all Sona. He is a terrible creature although idolized because of his power. He is thought of the all-powerful overlord who should be the one true ruler of the galaxy. It seems though, that the Sora do not know, "God" is not real. There have been a few cases of those who dissenter and most of the time, they end up dead. The chieftain was obsessed with attempting to summon this god that they kill many of their own in order to do so and hold a chant in order to try to summon this god. This has been happening for years and many years later, it is still happening. Back in the Gulag Plague, the Sona were affected severely. Many Sona died in the plague, half of the population died and even more died due to an increase of cannibalism due to a decrease of non-diseased food. Despite the troubles, they endured and got back up again. They always tried getting out of the way of anyone else and all of the other major problems by purposely avoiding them and hiding.

Notable Player-Characters:
[member="Slippy"]

Intent:
I was inspired by the game, Bendy and the Ink Machine, to create an adorable character that can be both cute and cuddly and creepy and deadly at the same time. To do so, I would like to create a character like Bendy in order to express this. To make a character like Bendy, I need to make a species like Bendy. I think this would be a good idea since there isn't many characters that can bring a horror element to chaos. I know a few of them but not many. Also, there isn't many cute characters either. I am planning to mash the two together to make a truly great character.

[member="Slippy"]

Hi there, I'll be reviewing your submission. First off, let me give you my initial and personal thoughts on this: it doesn't seem like something that would fit in the Star Wars universe. That is my view on it, and I will gladly offer you the opportunity to prove me wrong if you clarify and expand upon a few things for me.

Slippy said:
Average Lifespan: 3000
That's a very long time. Any sound reasoning to logically back this?

Slippy said:
Odd Shaped Eyes: Sona have eyes that are not a complete circle although the left sides of them have a small triangle that is not a part of the eyes.
Does this affect their field of vision at all? If so, please elaborate in detail.

Slippy said:
Physically Strong
Please expand upon this. They're small, so how are they so strong? It could either be they've high metabolisms to burn fat fast and have an easily time packing on muscle.

Slippy said:
I don't see how this could be a strength. I'd highly suggest you change this to something more along the lines of "Aesthetically Pleasing" with an explanation along the lines of many galactic species viewing them as "cute" or "cuddly." Just please state, whether you follow my advice or not, that there are also many species (including droids/synthetics) that have no grasp of the concept of "cuteness" and this "strength" won't work on them.

Slippy said:
Strong With Magicks
Expand upon this. Are you referring to Sith Magic or the Force in general? What makes them have such a great affinity with this? Are many naturally Force sensitive?

Slippy said:
Bad Eyesight
Just a reminder from the above comment regarding their oddly shaped eyes. Detail their field of vision, if they see well in the dark, if they can only see in certain spectrums of light, etc. That sort of thing. Put yourself in a PvP perspective in regards to Strengths and Weaknesses.

Slippy said:
Easily Hurt
Also, please expand. Do they have frail bones? If they're so strong, how come their dense muscles don't counteract this?

Slippy said:
Communication: Spoken
Just clarification: So they don't also use written language?

Slippy said:
Expand a bit more. Tell me more about their traditions and customs, tell me why they avoid technology so much, tell me why they make these sacrifices and who are they for.

Slippy said:
Also expand. A few things to consider:
  • You mention they're from Malachor but the only known group is on Dathomir. How did this occur?
  • How did the Clockwork Rebellion, Gulag Plague, and Netherworld events affect this species?
  • What are their god(s) like? Have there been dissenters?

Touch up on all of that for me and we'll move on from there.

Slippy

The Adorable Nightmare
I believe I fixed it.

Marcus Itera said:
That's a very long time. Any sound reasoning to logically back this?
Average Lifespan: 100

Marcus Itera said:
Does this affect their field of vision at all? If so, please elaborate in detail.
Odd Shaped Eyes: Sona have eyes that are not a complete circle although the left sides of them have a small triangle that is not a part of the eyes. This affects their eyesight by having certain objects to the left of them or in the middle of them be out of their view when other species would be able to see them perfectly.

Marcus Itera said:
Please expand upon this. They're small, so how are they so strong? It could either be they've high metabolisms to burn fat fast and have an easily time packing on muscle.
Due to them being carnivores and having high metabolism to burn fat faster, Sona are Physically Strong

Marcus Itera said:
I don't see how this could be a strength. I'd highly suggest you change this to something more along the lines of "Aesthetically Pleasing" with an explanation along the lines of many galactic species viewing them as "cute" or "cuddly." Just please state, whether you follow my advice or not, that there are also many species (including droids/synthetics) that have no grasp of the concept of "cuteness" and this "strength" won't work on them.
Aesthetically Pleasing and generally viewed as cute and cuddly to most species.

Marcus Itera said:
Expand upon this. Are you referring to Sith Magic or the Force in general? What makes them have such a great affinity with this? Are many naturally Force sensitive?
I was referring to the magic that witches use but I removed it anyways because I didn't have much of a good reason that the Sona had this ability.

Marcus Itera said:
Just a reminder from the above comment regarding their oddly shaped eyes. Detail their field of vision, if they see well in the dark, if they can only see in certain spectrums of light, etc. That sort of thing. Put yourself in a PvP perspective in regards to Strengths and Weaknesses.
Bad Eyesight due to their odd shaped eyes that cause cause objects to be out of their view and the fact their vision is blurred

Marcus Itera said:
Also, please expand. Do they have frail bones? If they're so strong, how come their dense muscles don't counteract this?
Easily Hurt/ Vulnerable due to thinner and more brittle bones.

Marcus Itera said:
Just clarification: So they don't also use written language?
No

Marcus Itera said:
Expand a bit more. Tell me more about their traditions and customs, tell me why they avoid technology so much, tell me why they make these sacrifices and who are they for.
I expanded it although I expanded it in several different areas so rather than post the whole thing down, you can just read it on my character sheet.

Marcus Itera said:
You mention they're from Malachor but the only known group is on Dathomir. How did this occur?
That was a mistake. I meant to put down Malachor. I fixed it.

Marcus Itera said:
How did the Clockwork Rebellion, Gulag Plague, and Netherworld events affect this species?
The Clockwork Rebellion and Netherworld events did not affect the Sona very much but Back in the Gulag Plague, the Sona were affected severely. Many Sona died in the plague, half of the population died. Despite the troubles, they endured and got back up again.

Marcus Itera said:
What are their god(s) like? Have there been dissenters?
This god has no name apart from "God" and is a very malevolent creature. He is a terrible creature although idolized because of his power. He is thought of the all-powerful overlord who should be the one true ruler of the galaxy. Little do the Sora know, "God" is not real. There have been a few cases of those who dissenter and most of the time, they end up dead.

[member="Slippy"]

Just one more little tidbit of info I need: can you elaborate on the biology of the Sona a bit more? Chiefly their head, because the image you're using has it floating above their neck. Gimme some more detail on that. You can probably throw it all under "Distinctions."

Tag me when you're done.

Slippy

The Adorable Nightmare
[member="Marcus Itera"]

Ah... That is meant to be connected. I added that it had a white neck with the black body and white face with the distinctions. I would add lines to the image but I think you can't add files to posts.

[member="Slippy"]

Thanks for that clarification. Would you mind annotating that next to their image link or in their distinctions? :)

Also, there's just a few more points that need to be touched up on and we'll be well on our way to getting this bad boy approved.

Slippy said:
Language: Sona (Is there any codex for language?)
In the SW universe, Galactic Basic is the real world equivalent of English. It's perfectly fine if you just make Sona a language even if it's in name only.

Slippy said:
Average height of adults: 1 meter
This, along with your weakness of them being small, isn't really that small. It's relatively small but I was envisioning them to be smaller. But that's just me. Keep this or change it, just giving my opinion on the subject.

Slippy said:
Due to them being carnivores and having high metabolism to burn fat faster, Sona are Physically Strong
You can definitely keep this strength but I don't believe this is enough sound reasoning to attribute their strength. Give me a minimum of a biological reason. Could be that their muscles are dense and grant them immense strength or something along those lines. Their high protein diet and body functions could differ from other beings, with most of that fuel going to build their muscle and support their bodies. I would also like a indicator as to how strong they are. Something like: Can lift over twice their body weight with ease, or harness peerless strength at three times the human norm. Cover those for me and you'll be golden.

Slippy said:
Back in the Gulag Plague, the Sona were affected severely. Many Sona died in the plague, half of the population died. Despite the troubles, they endured and got back up again. They always tried getting out of the way of anyone else and all of the other major problems as long as they didn't get in their way.
Why didn't the other Galactic events the Sona so much? And how did the Gulag Plague affect the Sona's cannibalistic tendencies?

Slippy said:
This god has no name apart from "God" and is a very malevolent creature. He is a terrible creature although idolized because of his power. He is thought of the all-powerful overlord who should be the one true ruler of the galaxy. Little do the Sora know, "God" is not real.
Could you elaborate some more? This seems a tad bit contradictory as the Sona worship this deity, and the fact that they know their God isn't real.

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation. You're slowly changing my mind about this submission. Work with me just a little bit more and Slippy will be out in roleplay very soon. :)

Slippy

The Adorable Nightmare
[member="Marcus Itera"]

Marcus Itera said:
In the SW universe, Galactic Basic is the real world equivalent of English. It's perfectly fine if you just make Sona a language even if it's in name only.
Yes, I'd like to make it a language. Thank you.

Marcus Itera said:
This, along with your weakness of them being small, isn't really that small. It's relatively small but I was envisioning them to be smaller. But that's just me. Keep this or change it, just giving my opinion on the subject.
I changed it to 0.6 meters

Marcus Itera said:
You can definitely keep this strength but I don't believe this is enough sound reasoning to attribute their strength. Give me a minimum of a biological reason. Could be that their muscles are dense and grant them immense strength or something along those lines. Their high protein diet and body functions could differ from other beings, with most of that fuel going to build their muscle and support their bodies. I would also like a indicator as to how strong they are. Something like: Can lift over twice their body weight with ease, or harness peerless strength at three times the human norm. Cover those for me and you'll be golden.
Sona are strong because they have a reduced amount of myostatin and they can lift twice as much as an average human.

Marcus Itera said:
Why didn't the other Galactic events the Sona so much? And how did the Gulag Plague affect the Sona's cannibalistic tendencies?
The other events didn't affect the Sona so much because the Sona purposefully avoided them and hid from them and the Gulag Plague affected Sona's cannibalistic tendencies by causing them to eat more of their in order to survive.

Marcus Itera said:
Could you elaborate some more? This seems a tad bit contradictory as the Sona worship this deity, and the fact that they know their God isn't real.
No they do not know of the fact that they are worshipping a false god. By "Little do the Sora know", I meant that they do not know. I will word it differently if that helps. I'll also expand on the god a little bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom