Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Somewhere in the Middle

THE PLANET
S A N C T U A R Y
THE OUTER RIM

An ocean world boasting a temperate climate, there were few havens in this galaxy that could compete for the title of paradise.

Founded by political and religious hippies, seeking escape from the Imperial draft, it had been a world long proud of its name. It's foreign policy was give me your tired, your hungry, your poor. First Mon Calamari, then humans, then any number of species had come seeking Sanctuary, and so immigrated into a melting pot of societies stacked like strata across the planet.

Islands dotted the surface. Terrestrial havens of white sand beaches, welcoming land and sea. And beneath those tranquil waters were shallow metropolises built upon continental shelves. Or deep sea colonies, far, far below on the sea bed.

It was a different kind of vibe that you would get from Sriluur or Voss-Ka.

Whenever the young Nautolan came to a new place, he would wander for a bit. Maybe play his seven-string hallikset for a bit. But, and this above all, he would just listen. Listen to everything moving around him. The people. The cities. The Force.

He'd played at a pub in a Quarren colony several hundred meters beneath the ocean, stayed the night, and then just allowed the tide to ferry him to his next destination. He'd washed ashore here, where ever here was, and had spent the morning wandering around one of the terrestrial islands. Watching transport lift off from the spaceport, and just watching the intersection of moving parts that was a city of people.

Slinging the guitar case from off his back, the Nautolan set it down behind him.

Flipping out a HoloBoy Advanced, the Nautolan brought up his music collection and slid the volume across to maximum. Head down, the boy's head bobbed in time with the motion of his foot, tapping a beat out on the street corner on which the Nautolan stood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHjF8Nw-mco​

As the beat dropped, the aquatic teen snapped into motion.

His head-tails flared out from his head, whipping through the air as the cord-like lekku seemed to dance with an energy of their own. His hands and arms snapped out and in, popping and locking in sharp, well-executed sequences timed with the motion of his body. His feet, knees, and legs bent and moved to support the full range of body motion, as the boy slid his feet and swayed with the rhythm.

All the while, Zak found he wasn't dancing to the music.

He was finding the rhythm of the Force.

The powerful spectacle of energy that was the teen in motion had started to draw a crowd, a circle forming as gawkers and on-lookers gave the youth room in which to maneuver as he danced without fear of the attention he brought on himself.

He had done this before.

He would do it again.

And he didn't do it for them.

But there were few locations in this galaxy that would be better for a spontaneous display of urban dance than an island in the middle of a world such as this.

[member="Killnan Omani"]​

[member="Zak Dymo"]

Killnan had arrived on the planet because its name reassured him, so he saved up creds to buy transport. It impressed. He could feel calm and relax, unlike usual. He spins two pebbles around his hand- not holding it mind you. He had the force, so why not get some practice in. He loses focus and drops the pebbles when he hears music.

"Well where is that coming from?"

He goes over to the sound and sees a large crowd. Huh, what was going on? Approaching, he saw green ends of lekku shaking about.

"Pardon me, 'scuse me. Oof, sorry."

He quietly murmurs apologies as he fits through the crowd. There, he sees what all the crowd is about, and where the music is coming from. Huh, guess that's how a normal teenager would act. Killnan joins into the crowd, watching what was going on.

Izama

jedi Protector of Bal'demnic
[member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Killnan Omani"]

An island in the middle fo a water world, the young padawan could feel the water on her skin while she was swimming in the water and raising her head up out of the water she could feel the music with a look towards it. Swimming while she came towards the beach seeing it all and smelling in the air that sickly sweet smell of food. her stomach growled as the shark woman stood there moving up the beach when she heard and felt more music look at the bigger things and seeing a headtailed being dancing and making a whole lot of the sugar high she could see. A smile and a laugh tugged at her mouth with rows of teeth before she got a drink and started dancing just a little.

Bowing low, the Nautolan popped upward as the last notes of the song resonated.

Sweat flew from off his head-tails as they whipped through the air, hanging down his back as the youth landed the jump and held the final pose as the music ended. He was breathing hard, perspiring under the Sanctuary sun as his heart beat continued to climb. A spattering of applause broke out through the audience as the boy allowed his body to relax. Stretching up, he brought his hands up over his head and ran his fingers through the mass of lekku, before shaking out the loose tendrils.

With a slight wave to the crowd, the young Nautolan signaled that he was taking a break as he backed against the building behind him and slid down so that he was crouched down beside the guitar case that was propped up against the wall.

He might get up and dance again.

Or perhaps strum the hallikset.

Or just move on.

He hadn't decided yet. All he was going to do right now was just catch his breath, and listen.

[member="Killnan Omani"] | [member="Izama"]​

[member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Izama"]

Killnan gave the dancer a round of applause and smiled a sincere smile. After the music ended, Killnan plonked himself down on the ground.

"Well, I love this place already."

He once again raised his finger and raised pebbles, practicing using the force. He obviously had fun doing so, and it got easier with practice. Eventually he could lie down happily, small stones going in a circle above his nose. He went off on a daydream, imagining the stones as an asteroid belt around a planet. Round, and round, and round again. And round and... Round and... Round again...

"Uh!"

He chuckles as he rubs his head. Dozing off while making stones float above your head. Ha! Why would that work?

Izama

[member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Killnan Omani"]

She could hear more things when some of the being seemed to stop on the dance floor but there was more. It was a strange sensation just being here before she turned her head with a little hair going over and got a gasp from one of the people handling food and water. The mans eyes starring at the rows of teeth in her mouth as she spoke. "Just one with no ice." The oily skin gleamed int he light and gave it a strange sheen but she saw some of the others doing things with the blue eyes before drinking the water that arrived for her and some of the rest she let go on the skin. The sun was not a great thing at times when it was hot or just being outside of the water but you could do it to meet some others.

"Uh!"

The abyssal, black eyes of the Nautolan fluttered open at the sound. Glancing over toward the noise, the youth saw a white haired boy close in age who was rubbing at his head. An array of small rocks was rolling on the ground around him. Was it hailing?

Curious, the aquatic teen rose up to his feet. "Hey, brah. You all right?" Well, all right... other than the whole 'its raining stones' thing.

Surveying the area around them, the Nautolan looked to see if there were any rocks falling anywhere else around them. As he did, he caught the sunlight glinting off the skin of a Karkarodon. Now that was a creature you didn't see on dry land everyday. The young Nautolan smiled at the sight of her, a fellow aquatic species.

That was the nice thing about coming to a place like Sanctuary. Suddenly being aquatic didn't make you different. It made you normal.

[member="Killnan Omani"] | [member="Izama"]​

Tristan had a strict job to complete meet with a political advisor who was wishing to gain the support of the sith as his ship was landing Tristan stood on the edge of the loading ramp holding onto the support bar to prevent a untimely fall . as he looked out into the oceans a bright shade of blue as his ship was docking Tristan took his locks and put them up into a pony tail to keep them out his face and out the way .

he walked of the ship he rolled up his leg pants leaving his shoes inside no feeling like draining them out later . he walks though a marsh like area with tall wet grasses the coo water feeling quite soothing to his bare feet after being in shoes for a while . he was closing in on one of the planets main oceans which held a small island he was supposed to meet the advisor at Tristan also knew this planet was a haven for aquatic species some force sensitive but even if any posed a problem he could easily dispatch them. Tristan didn't want to think about it cause this was supposed to be a quite good quick and easy but he felt a couple of force users when he entered the planets atmosphere he shook the thoughts away again as he jumped into the water and started to swim across the ocean to the island .

[member="Killnan Omani"] // [member="Zak Dymo"]// [member="Izama"]

Killnan looks over at the teen and smiles,

"I'm good, thanks."

Why dose off anyway? It's a nice day out, why waste it asleep. Killnan gets up and sees that the Nautolan looked over at someone, what was the species? Karkarodon, or something. The boy feels something in the air. He'd felt it before. Smelling food? No... A touch of cold? Nyah... Wait a minute, it's not the air, it's the force. Guess multiple other force, what was it? Uh, force sen-siv - no, sensitives! Well, whatever. He lifts the pebbles again with the force and practices his control over it.

[member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Izama"]

He felt the breeze blowing through his lekku.

It was going to be hard to leave this planet. That thought alone made him wonder if he even would. He could easily settle down here, fishing the pylons, and strumming the hallikset...

"I'm good, thanks."

Flashing a smile, the Nautolan teen glanced back at the younger, white-haired human boy. Reflected in the abyssal black eyes was the sight of the youth levitating a small stone. So that was where the falling rocks had come from... "Sweet as, brah!" the Nautolan chirped, clearly impressed at the realization that the boy before him was...

...was what? A Jedi?

As Zak was learning, not everybody who used the Force was a Jedi.

Including himself.

Even still, he used it as a way of breaking the ice. "You some kind of Jedi?" the teen inquired, with a gentle laugh to make clear it was a question intended largely in jest. Yet, at the same time, the Nautolan had to wonder just who was teaching this boy. Or wonder IF anybody was teaching him.

Natural Force talent was impressive, but also dangerous.

[member="Killnan Omani"] | [member="Tristan Gregory"] | [member="Izama"]​

Tristan swam though the water this was no suprised to himself always being a strong swimmer despite growing up on a planet void of almost no water .He must of gotten it from his father which he never really knew but again Tristan found himself wondring about things that could of been and not on the mission at hand.

" i must stop thinking about such things"

He said to himself kicking and paddling though the water feet pebbling and his arms cutting though the water this episode of moments always ending with a turn of his head to the side to grab a breath of air before diving back down again. At this point he was almost there he could tale cause he was able to see the coral reef that lined the island he study the reef for a while staying under water for a good minute this would be imposable for most non force users. Or just beings that haven't trained there lungs to the extent that he had or it also could be that Tristan like many force users would use the force the augment parts of there bodies either it be force augmented strength in combat or force augmented speed. But Tristan was one if the few to use it in a unorthodox way via increase his lung longevity to survive without air. After studying the reef he came to the conclusion that this certain reef was the only thing keeping the island from sinking due to the reefs strong rooted from which is rooted to the ocean floor if he was to somehow blow away a weak pieace of coral in the middle it would no doubt sink but Tristan didn't want that at least not at the moment feeling like that was all to it he rushed to the surface exploding out the water a few yards from the island as he finish the journey crawling onto dry land.

[member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Killnan Omani"] @Izama

[member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Tristan Gregory"] [member="Izama"]

Killnan smiled at the Nautolan.

"No, cool as it'd be, I'm no jedi. I just recently learned about my ability to use the force. Someone taught me some basics, but he left, so I've been practicing."

Killnan saw this as a way to get to know someone who wasn't at least 5 years older than him. And the force was a topic he found very interesting.

"Are you force sensitive? I'm not good enough to tell yet, but I feel somethin' in this area."

Somethin', not something? Ha, finally turning into a normal teenager. Took long enough. Killnan drops the stones, as he'd rather put his mind to talking.

When it came to a lightsaber, you'd be hard pressed to find a more capable artisan.

Once the student of [member="Matsu Ike"], the Nautolan knew how to cut various gemstones into focusing crystals. Even as a padawan, he'd not only constructed his own lightsaber but helped other, older Jedi in constructing theirs. The padawan learner to [member="Nefertari Sovint"], the youth had enviable experience with employing the lightsaber in myriad combat situations. Shii-cho, Makashi, Soresu, Djem So, and Trakata were all forms that he'd studied at one time or another, even emerging as the victor of the Silver Sanctum Coalition's tournament in the padawan division.

To be quite simple, which Zak was, the Nautolan had been a Jedi jock.

...which also meant he had the Force Sense of a nerf.

So, whatever the white haired kid was feeling, it was over Zak's head. "Uh, really?" the boy chimed, reaching back a hand to scratch at his head-tails as he just looked at the other kid with a somewhat blank expression. There were times he wished he could sense or feel or see stuff in the Force, like other Jedi said they could... but at the same time, Zak had a hard enough time dealing with what Force-stuff he could do.

But, at least that answered some of the Nautolan's questions. So the kid used to have a teacher, but the brah must have flaked on him. "I can kinda use the Force," the teen admitted, dropping his arm and giving a shrug. "I'm not good at the whole 'stretch out with your feelings' thing, though..."

What the feth did that even mean? Huh? [member="Coci Heavenshield"], what did that even mean? Stretch out with your feelings...

And if Nautolan had wings, they'd be flying fish.

Stretching out his hand, the Nautolan looked over at the white haired kid with a goofy grin. "I'm Zak by the way."

[member="Killnan Omani"] | [member="Tristan Gregory"] | [member="Izama"]​

Izama

She could smell more now, in the water it would be easier sure but there was one boy using the force and another talking with him as she walked over having a small grin and positioning herself so she was in some shade. Then she could also hear them speaking and the one was strong in the force at least as much as most she had met but the other one seemed fairly new and raw before she spoke standing tall and speaking with a mouthful of teeth wasn't always easy. "He seems like food attracting attention with that. People who like to take force users and break them." She scented the air licking a tongue on the back of her teeth before her nostrils flared a little.

[member="Zak Dymo"] @Izama @Tristan Gregory

(you used to be a student of Matsu? She is, like, an awesome teacher :p)

Killnan shrugged at "Uh, really?"

"Nothing much. Just that there are definitely multiple force-users here."

He continues listening to what the Nautolan had to say.

"Oh, I'm Killnan. Killnan Omani."

He adds at the end, realizing he forgot to introduce himself. So he seemed to actually be okay at this whole force thing. Or it's just beginners luck. Probably the latter.

"I'm going to be honest, 'Stretch out with your feelings' doesn't mean much to me either. Other than part of an inspirational quote."

Killnan smiles. He knows some must have taken meaning from that message, but it's probably some jedi-knowledge thing, A.K.A: Gibberish to anyone else.

He stands up soaking wet from the swim his locks hanging all in his face pushing them out his face as he decides to walk around the island to at least dry off before going to see the advisor he starts to walk the warm sand edging between his toes as he walks around the taking this time to reflect on his life from his time on the sith Academy on Korridn to his mothers death his thoughts were lost as he spotted people in the distance ........[member="Izama"] [member="Zak Dymo"] @ Killnan Omani

As a padawan, and even now as a beach bum knight, [member="Matsu Ike"] had dragged this Nautolan through more dev threads than Kashyyyk had trees. The total post count for the creation of Zak's 'no development thread required' lightsaber submission alone had been 4 threads and 64 posts. So, yes, Matsu was an awesome teacher and a ridiculously prolific writer to boot.

The boy turned as he realized someone was walking toward them, offering a genuine smile at the revelation that it was the Karkadon he'd spied earlier. Up close, she seemed even more exotic and mysterious than she had at a distance. "Smelled blood in the water?" the Nautolan deadpanned, offering a light jest at the predatory remark about Killnan's outward display of the Force.

To be honest, Zak hadn't even given that a second though. He'd grown up at the Jedi enclaves on Ossus, Yavin 4, and Voss. Using the Force had been like... eating, sleeping, or breathing. Everyone did it, so no one thought about it all that much when they saw others displaying it.

He supposed being out here, away from the Jedi, he'd have to re-adjust his thinking.

Could the Karkadon be the other Force presence that Killnan had picked up? "I'm Zak. This is Killnan," the Nautolan offered, introducing himself and then indicating toward the white-haired boy. Glancing back at the woman, the teen noted, "I've heard about Karkadons before, but I can't say I've ever met one."

With his attention on the shark-like aquatic, Zak couldn't have noticed a human or humanoid wandering around as he dried himself. With the people mulling about the island, it was likely any such individual would simply blend in.
[member="Killnan Omani"] | [member="Izama"] | [member="Tristan Gregory"]​

Killnan turned to the woman when Zak addressed her. Ah, the shark-lady who's species I've never really met...

"I suppose it's a danger, but I feel like of all places this is not one where we should really worry."

Killnan neither noticed or paid attention to the man drying himself. He shakes his head when Zak spoke about never meeting one of her species,

"Me neither."

[member="Zak Dymo"] [member="Tristan Gregory"] [member="Izama"]

(I know first-hand how frickin amazing Matsu is :3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom