Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sometimes a Story Needs a Beginning

Leon sipped his drink, sitting at a small table in this café on Corellia, reading a news feed on his datapad. Several new companies cropped up, the Confederacy was in the throes of civil war, the One Sith was at war, and the whole galaxy seemed to be turned on its head. Heath sighed and shook his head at the chaos, and sat back in his chair to look out the big window he sat next to. The city, whichever one this was (he forgot), was quite pretty. A few little gardens, no buildings were too terribly tall, and overall it was an enjoyable experience. He had his hot beverage, and as he turned to grab the drink, he nudged it a little too hard with his fingertips and some of the contents sloshed onto papers he had strewn about the area.

"Fikk..." he cursed under his breath.

He stood in a hurry, his jacket sliding off the back of the chair, and brandished a handful of napkins to clean up the mess and save his papers. His studies, as they happened to be, were his hopeful ticket to a better life than doing little more than nothing. He had a small stash of funds that kept him going, and he'd do an odd job like wash dishes or scrub a floor to keep enough for food and fare, but he was lucky to have what he did. He may not have acted like it, but he was scraping through by his fingernails in life. It wasn't pretty, but he'd made the most of it. His mind wandered through these musings as he cleaned, and before he knew it he'd not only cleaned his mess, but made the area around him a bit tidier than it was to begin with. He looked down to the bunch of napkins in his hand and disposed of them in the nearest bin, and returned to his table.

He replaced his jacket on the chair, sat, and this time actually successfully took a non-clumsy drink of it. He looked to the still-damp documents and sighed quietly. He tapped the screen of his datapad and moved on to resuming his studies. Some had talent, skill, something to speak for. He had little. An ability to learn quickly only got so far, his talents were hardly worth anything in a profession market, and while he had a few incidents with odd things happening, he doubted he had any Force sensitivity. His brow furrowed in thought and disdain, his mind torn between difficulties of life and getting this assignment done.

"I can't wait to not have to do this anymore..." he thought begrudgingly as he submitted the now-finished assignment and ran a hand through his hair.

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
[member="Leon Heath"]

Alexandra smiled as she fell into a seat beside him and took as quick a glance as she could at what the random man was doing. "Yo, hows it going." She had absolutely no other reason to talk to the guy other than she had already peered into him and found the strands of sensitivity that she had been sensing. Infact, it was so dormant she was more than sure he knew nothing about being sensitive but she had gotten quite good at sensing the potential in others and found them to see if they wished for knowledge or not. She would not be able to train this one too extensively, but she was curious in if he would take her advice and seek looking into his gift that he had been give by the force. "You studying something interesting?"

"Yo, hows it going."​

Leon nearly jumped when the woman plopped down next to him. The cup in his hand jolted up, and he tipped it with his finger to try and catch it, which merely tipped it further away, but by instinct he reached out with both hands and snagged it out of the air. He gave a nervous sigh and sat back in his chair, taking a calming drink and set it gently on the table before he turned to look to the woman. He played a friendly smile and tried not to look as off-guard as he was.

"Hello, miss. It's going... well enough, I suppose." he said casually.

The dialogue allowed him to calm down to a degree, and collect himself. He was still shaken -- meeting strangers had that effect -- but he'd managed to look less like a scared rabbit in the eyes. He wondered what level of curiosity the female had for him after she asked her next question, but he waived off any preconceptions of opinions for now and allowed himself to carry on the conversation unhindered by paranoia.

"You studying something interesting?"​

"Well... no, not really no," he said, looking a bit deflated talking about his work, side-glancing the datapad screen with a dull expression, and returned his eyes to the woman with a flick, "I doubt you'll be interested at all, but I'm working on some programming and computer anatomy. It's just expanding into droids and artificial intelligence, so hopefully I can get a job for someone... somewhere... soon." he finished.

His demeanour seemed to drop progressively as he spoke, his shoulders slumping by the end and his head teetering on the edge of hanging. It took him but a moment to realise his friendly facade had fallen, though, and with a huff he straightened and grasped his cup to take another drink. He frowned as it touched his lips, and after he took a sip he waved toward the nearest waitress for a refill.

[member="Alexandra Cinthra"]

Alexandra Feanor

"Hmm... Hey Eve, know anything about AI's?" In a moment the form of a holographic female child walked out onto the table and stared down at the papers as she walked around on them. "Hmm, i dont know, this whole AI thing seems so hard to comprehend, im honestly confused how some people can ever figure out to create such complicated inventions." She smiled as Alexandra leaned back in the chair. "It seems, i can help you with what you are seeking, you like droids?"

[member="Leon Heath"]

With a nod of thanks to the waitress as Heath's cup swirled and refilled with the caffeinated beverage, he leaned forward and took the cup. After the waitress left and the little hologram popped up and walked around on the papers, he watched with interest and took a sip of his drink. He watched her look around on his documents and papers, and to help her out he flipped his textbook to the proper chapter. It was to no avail, though, and he smiled bemusedly at the little technological sprite's admission to the difficulty of understanding A.I. When the corporeal lady leaned back her movement drew his attention, and he took another swallow from his drink as she spoke.

"It seems, i can help you with what you are seeking, you like droids?"​
He slowly lowered the cup, drew his lips inward to covertly lick them clean, and set the cup down with a dull tap of ceramic on polished, laminated metal. He took a deep inward breath, reeling in the wild explosion of thought that just overtook his mind. Implications, theories, what-ifs, and concerns that wouldn't cease. Leon exhaled, and let out the most important question that came to mind.

"Why would you ask a student, just entering that field of education no less, if he likes droids?" he probed.

Honestly, it was a kind of godsend. He'd just wished not an hour ago to be done with pointless studies, but this was one of those 'too good to be true' moments for him. There was surely some ulteriour motive at work. Something of a background agenda. His thoughts raced with the improbability of something this fortunate happening, and he feel into a state of denial. His friendly face fell enough that his brow knit just enough to convey his confusion and suspicion. He hoped that this would be his big break, but he suspected that he was merely being led on or manipulated.

[member="Alexandra Cinthra"]

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Leon Heath"]

"Well i cant really, well i could but i cant considering the pro... ok what im trying to say is my name is Alexandra Cinthra, of Cinthran Cybernetics and this here is Eve, a AI completed by my own studies in that field. I am also a skilled user of the force and i am here to offer you knowledge and you choose between one of two basis' for knowledge. Your choices are, A: I give you several files that will allow you to get a leg up on others in the field of Cybernetics, or B: I give you a piece of information i suspect you dont eve know about yourself, and had i the time i would offer more but i dont so i cant."

"Well i cant really, well i could but i cant considering the pro..."​
Leon's expression shifted, a brow raising slightly at the woman's lack of articulation, and he took the moment of her stumbling over her words to take another drink and save what he was working on. He didn't wish to appear disinterested, but he had to do something to occupy his attention while he waited for the point to be made. He knew what it was like to not know what to say, so he had plenty of patience for the moment.

"ok what im trying to say is my name is Alexandra Cinthra, of Cinthran Cybernetics and this here is Eve, a AI completed by my own studies in that field."​
At this, Heath's brows rose in surprise, and he looked the woman up-and-down. He didn't know exactly who Cinthran Cybernetics was, but the name sounded vaguely familiar. It was likely he'd read it somewhere, in a textbook or on a news holo. The implications raced through his mind, and his gazes scanned over the little holographic A.I. before him. It... she... certainly was an interesting little quirk.

"I am also a skilled user of the force and i am here to offer you knowledge and you choose between one of two basis' for knowledge."​
He let her go on, the young man's interest dwindling slightly as she mentioned the Force. He'd heard of it, he'd been in-the-know via the news of all of the chaos going around the Galaxy and how Force users were turning tides of battle for better or worse. It was an amazing thing, yet he had already set it concrete in his mind that he'd never know that kind of ability. To control the elements or move things with his mind was something that only a select few were gifted... or so that's what everyone in his life had always told him. When she finished, he reeled his attention back to the conversation at hand.

"Your choices are, A: I give you several files that will allow you to get a leg up on others in the field of Cybernetics,"​
A brow raised, the other furrowed, then they both returned to neutrality. Leon couldn't grasp the concept of someone simply giving away files like that. He still suspected some kind of secondary motives about it, but nonetheless the offer was intriguing. He doubted he could have even understood that kind of documentation, but he could certainly study it, come to know it, and utilise it later. It would likely even help his studies and help him finish sooner.

"or B: I give you a piece of information i suspect you dont eve know about yourself,"​
Intrigue turned to confusion.
"What could she be talking about?" he wondered.

Heath weighed the two options, not sure which option would benefit him greater. On one hand, he could have the immediate satisfaction of some documents that could help him understand what he was studying. On the other hand, the air of mystery of [member="Alexandra Cinthra"]'s second offer tugged at his mind. An air of destiny, some could call it. He called it the curiosity that killed the cat several times over. It was nearly irresistible, and he found himself speaking before he knew he'd even made a choice in the matter.

"What do you mean 'that I don't know about myself'?"

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Leon Heath"]

"Well you see, that is where i can not tell you unless you so choose so. If i were to tell you than you would realize the air that surrounds you and those that watch you. Or i could give you the document and let you understand a new design in which might or might not help you. I dont deal in absolutes, i deal in Ifs. And either way you take a bit of knowledge and a new path from what i hand you, it is up to you to decide what path that is, Buisness, or self."

Leon's interest was piqued now. He considered every word that rolled off the tongue of this [member="Alexandra Cinthra"], playing it in his mind of a new flavour every time. He contemplated her words carefully, and how the implications seemed to direct him into either an unknown universe or the comfortable familiarity of technology, merely on a heightened level. Either way he was implied to stand to gain, however there was something that stood out amongst his thoughts.

"If you want to better know what's around you, you must first master yourself." his thoughts spoke.

There was wisdom to this inner dialogue. Knowing himself fully was something that he felt would be the most beneficial. Anything could be invented with enough time, dedication, and resources, but to fully know himself past a degree he currently knew was an offer dripping with opportunity. His curiosity was beginning to take the better of him, then he caught her last line.

"it is up to you to decide what path that is, Buisness, or self."​
Somehow, he knew the choice before he actually knew it. His mind worked in the background without him quite knowing. Some call of the future, of things that should be known, pulled at his conscious will. It tugged and pulled at him until he was, again, speaking without realising it until the words left his mouth.

"I'd like to know the knowledge of myself."

Alexandra Feanor

Alexandra's lips fell and smiled one after the other, as if part of her was joyed and the other saddened by his choice. None the less she nodded and reached over, placing her finger on his forehead, and without warning he would feel her mind intrude and speak to him without uttering a word as she removed her hand. An initial physical connection always made telepathy easier, atleast to her, and now she spoke without uttering a word. "You are force sensitive, gifted by the force to wield it as you see fit... know that i do not lie and merely question me and the memory of me sensing it will be yours. I speak the truth and this is the knowledge and offer i grant you, if you should accept what i have told you then seek out a place where your knowledge can truly expand, a place without conflict like that of the Sith or the Jedi... or take this knowledge and life the rest of your days without expanding it, as i said it is your path now for you to choose." With that she withdrew from hsi mind and sat back, looking at Daeda and nodding.

[member="Leon Heath"]

Heath's expression fell quizzical at [member="Alexandra Cinthra"]'s sudden flurry of brow movements. As she leaned forward, he leaned back reflexively until he was forced to either remain still or fall out of his chair. Loathe to repeat an instance of clumsiness, he held still teetering at the edge of his chair until the contact was made. As if a piece of him had been torn open and revealed to the world, he felt... something in his head that confused him and made his mind writhe under the strain of this new sensation. It wasn't a pain, more a dull ache that intensified as Alexandra spoke.

"You are force sensitive, gifted by the force to wield it as you see fit..."​
Leon's mind reeled. His brain refused to accept the fact presented to him. It was an impossibility, wasn't it? Surely he wasn't one of those people that could bend the world to his whim on a thought. He couldn't be. Nothing up to this point said as much. Sure he was particularly quick or lucky from time to time, but nothing significant. He wanted to reject this notion, but the evidence that was immediately stacked against that idea was escalated by her next thoughts.

"know that i do not lie and merely question me and the memory of me sensing it will be yours."​
He didn't even have to speak. The mere desire to question the fact brought forth a flurry of images and sensations that he couldn't fully comprehend. It was difficult to understand. It was akin to viewing a city through a pinhole, but he still gathered the intent of the message. The core of the thought. It was undeniable fact, and he felt his body curl slightly from the mental stress this was putting on his previously unaffected mind. He hoped he would get used to it, because if this was what it felt like to know the Force he almost wished he took the tech offer.

"seek out a place where your knowledge can truly expand, a place without conflict like that of the Sith or the Jedi... or take this knowledge and life the rest of your days without expanding it, as i said it is your path now for you to choose."​
Leon felt her slip away then, and his mind regrouped itself. He shakily grasped his cup and brought the rim to his lips. He took a sip of the drink, and the caffeine went to work immediately. While it didn't help the ache, it helped him regroup and he took a long, deep breath to... center himself, as it were. He closed his eyes when the throb of a headache threatened to overtake him, but with a tight focus he quelled the ache. His shoulders, hunched up to this point, lowered by his deliberate thought, and he forced himself into a more relaxed state. He took another deep breath, and his eyes opened to survey Miss Cinthra. He seemed to analyse her with his stare, and slowly an understanding washed over him like a cool breeze. She had fulfilled his request. He knew now what lie within him and knew that it was within his ability to grow from it.

He frowned then. How would he pursue it? He only knew what was common in the Galaxy from the news holos, and they all pointed criss-cross at Jedi, Sith, Obsidian, Templar... forces eternally in conflict against one or the other and in a struggle that seemed to never end. He had no idea where to even start looking to find a peaceful place to learn, if he chose to pursue that path.

"If..." he said in his mind.

That was the trick, wasn't it? The choice of the matter. He had to admit that the offer was tempting, and he wanted to know where to go. He'd use that information later. After his studies. He had dedicated too much time and effort into this branch of his life to abandon it because he learned that he had the probable potential to become someone of repute and power. Still, information was a delight to have, and he wanted more. A certain spark in his eye betrayed the near-craving for knowledge he now possessed. So he asked a question, in hopes that information gleaned would help him later.

"Where can I find such a place, Miss Cinthra?" he inquired politely.

Alexandra Feanor

[member="Leon Heath"]

"If i told you that, it would be easy for you. The groups you hear of on the news and the holofeeds are not the only ones to exist, many orders have existed for centuries like the Jensaari, others new to this galaxy. And it is not my right to sway you to any one of them. I would offer you my own help in finding your path, but my time is short on the face of the galaxy and soon i will no longer be one to be able to do such... There are others like me though, people who hold no reason past the pursuit of knowledge to research the force... if you find them, mention my finding you, and they will greet you in open arms." She drank from her own glass, it having been delivered at that moment by a server.

"If i told you that, it would be easy for you."​
Leon suppressed a chuckle at [member="Alexandra Cinthra"]'s words, but the amused grin still played across his face. That would be the trick, wouldn't it? That while he was allowed to know that such parties existed, they'd be just out of his reach. He didn't mind, honestly. It made things more interesting, and added a degree of effort he had to put forward to pursue this potential goal. It added a sense of adventure to the scenario, and he very much liked the idea of adventures. It looked like he'd have a lot to do after he finished his schooling.

"The groups you hear of on the news and the holofeeds are not the only ones to exist, many orders have existed for centuries like the Jensaari, others new to this galaxy. And it is not my right to sway you to any one of them."​
He could understand that. The young man was no stranger to biased opinions, or the desire to keep a third party neutral. They covered that in part of his studies, regarding selling your product to a company if you pursued inventing. That nearly led his attention away into thoughts of getting educations in business and maybe law school, but that would be something for another time. He needed to focus more on the now, where he was, what he was doing.

"I would offer you my own help in finding your path, but my time is short on the face of the galaxy and soon i will no longer be one to be able to do such..."​
Leon's brow quirked at that, but he decided to keep quiet regarding it. He didn't want to pry too far into the life of a woman whom he'd just met. Even if she had revealed to him whole new avenues of possibility in his existence, he didn't think digging too deep would have been a wise choice. Best to leave well enough alone, and leave her to whatever she was on her way to. He silently wished her the best in whatever was going on in her world.

"There are others like me though, people who hold no reason past the pursuit of knowledge to research the force... if you find them, mention my finding you, and they will greet you in open arms."​
He nodded to her in reply. He took his cup and gestured it toward her as if in a long-distance toast, and took a gulp of the contents. He felt the warmth of the fluid spread through him and the caffeine further help his mind 'heal'. He felt calmer than before, somehow, and a certain twinge in his mind implied that somehow the Galaxy was now his to explore and discover. It was an exciting and frightening idea at the same time. He met eyes with Alexandra for possibly the first time, and bowed his head as he spoke.

"Thank you, then," he said, "for this. I'll consider this, but I have things I need to finish first." he finished by gesturing to his papers, books, and datapad strewn across the table.

He had to finish his studies first, before he could consider roaming space looking for someone to help him with the... Force. He needed income to afford a ship to explore independently to seek out knowledge of many sorts, and to do that he needed to get to work. He was polite, though, and rather than be dismissive and start working anew, he decided to enjoy the now-uneventful span of time to nurse his drink and have the company of a mysterious silver-haired woman. A crossing of paths before they went on their separate ways.

Alexandra Feanor

"By the way, its crowded up there in your head, i swear i felt like i was being crushed by all sides as you continued to question each line that i spoke. Almost made me actually order something to drink that would dull my mind so that i could think more clearly in your mind... ya i know it makes no sense buuut, any excuse to have a drink is better than none, no?"

[member="Leon Heath"]

Leon laughed then, quietly and to himself, as he took another sip of his drink to find it was growing cold. The slight look of disdain on his face must have been signal enough, because the waitress swooped in and gave his drink a warm-up that Leon appreciated with a credit chip for a tip and finished his initial sip.

"Ah, I try to avoid alcohol. Caffeine is my vice," he said to [member="Alexandra Cinthra"] with a grin, before setting his cup down and reclining, "And yes, I've been told several times that I think too much... it's actually kind of funny to have it confirmed by someone who's been up here now." he finished, then let his arms hang to the sides of the chair. A bit of an immature posture, but he was still rather young and prone to such behaviours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom