Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something New

The Sigismund Family Villa
Raxus Secundus
Outer Rim Territories

It was a bit out of the norm, but not uncomfortable.

Pixel rolled up to her seat and rotated backwards, beeping quite loudly at her. Mira raised an eyebrow, looking away from her BB unit. “Nice try buddy, but I feel like I’m being courted off instead of being a representative.” The droid let something off that resembled a chuckle which caused Mira to shoot him a dirty look and in return Pixel retreated to the rear of the shuttle. She had to admit – it was a nice change of pace, being put into clothes that weren’t meant to – well fight in. There was a small contingent of guards, nothing that would show superiority as they were guests to the Lord Sigismund – nothing more. There was no reason to suspect treachery which is why Pixel carried her lightsaber and would most likely stay behind with the ship and the guards respectively.

As the shuttle began its approach to the landing platform of the Sigismund Family Villa – Mira would rise slowly from her seat, attempting to keep herself in good order. Her heart would begin to race and anxiety would course through her veins causing her to turn slightly pale. The long flowing dress that was picked for her was similar to a black corset at the top and as it ran down the curve of her body to her hips, it would begin to shift to a shimmering purple and lilac. The shades would veer around the entire border of her dress, before it ended in a light shade of lavender at the base. The ship rocked moderately, causing her to reach out and grasp the shoulder of a guard closest to her. He turned to look at her and steady her, giving her a nod of reassurance. The damned black stilettos were to make her appear a bit taller than she was – atleast four inches, but they weren’t something she was used to walking in.

She reflected for a second. ‘Better get used to them quick.’

As the door slide open before her, she let go of the guard. They would wait for the ramp to make contact with the ground before marching down in a rank and file manner. The brief gust of steam and air that rushed up the ramp caused a tendril of chestnut hair to come loose from her tightly wound hair, giving Mira a brief moment to compose herself and tuck it back into her hair.

‘No turning back.’ She relented, her garnet eyes turning to look at Pixel who leaned up and flicked out his multi-tool in the form of a thumbs up. She gave him an unimpressed glance and then stuck her tongue before turning back to the ramp.

‘Here we go.’ Carefully and cautiously – she would begin her slow walk down the ramp.

[member="Ludovic Sigismund II"]

tumblr_n3qvj19DI11qbnosso6_500.png

The Sigismund Family Villa
Raxus Secundus
Outer Rim Territories

The wind blew gently through the vineyard that bordered the villa's west flank, causing Lord Sigismund II to breath in deeply before letting out a sigh of contentment at the perfect weather and scenery of Raxus. He reclined back in his chair, spearing an apple with an ornate dagger from a nearby tray and bringing the succulent fruit up to his mouth to take a bite. His teeth bit through the juicy substance with a satisfying crunch, juice running down his chin as he chewed. A pair of guardsman wielding vibro-pikes mingled a short distance away while the help went about their daily chores of tilling the fields and seeing to the gardens. And it was on days like these that Ludovic loved to sit back, relax, and let the distant horizon envelop him in its majesty. But today was no ordinary day, for he was expecting a valued representative of honored Mandalorian Clan Rekali, and the Aliit'buir's granddaughter no less!

As news of her arrival reached his ears he quickly grabbed a napkin from the table next to him, dabbing the excess juice from his chin before quickly grooming himself in a hand-held mirror. Looks were everything in situations like this, and he couldn't afford to be sloppy to any degree. He had decided to wear his best dark purple vestments with golden trim and sash, with matching knee-high boots hidden beneath his gambeson. Several trinkets adorned his body, including multiple rings and necklaces that clinked softly with every movement. Perhaps many would call his choice of attire gaudy or needlessly flamboyant, but this is what he preferred over the humdrum drab garb typical to otherworldly nobility.

He hurried through the garden, up a small pathway of steps, and out onto the main pavilion adjacent to the villa's landing platform. Already [member="Mira Rekali"] had disembarked with her contingent of guards, and Ludovic moved with a purposeful grace to meet her. Behind him quickly assembled a cadre of his own household guards, yet for now they arrived in a smaller number than that of their guest as a show of good will.

"Lady Rekali!" He called, "A thousand pardons for my tardiness. I sometimes become so enraptured by the beauty of this world that I lose track of time." He bowed respectfully, but his eyes never wavered from her own and soon enough a clever smile began to play across his face. "Although nature's beauty is not the only thing that captivates me, my dear."

‘Oh the Force! He’s handsome. Makes [member="Liam Quez"] look like a boy.Well he is a boy compared to him but like a -boy-.’ The thought passed through her mind as soon as her eyes made contact with the alluring emerald orbs that Ludovic possessed. His comment – however – did not fall upon deaf ears and she tried harder than a bull rancor arm wrestling [member="Ember Rekali"] to not let her cheeks flush a shade of crimson. “I…” She swallowed hard and took a breath. Why did she feel hot all of a sudden? She felt this way before, once before. Liam did that once didn’t he? No, this was way different. This was an approach that was completely different. He'd probably be able to follow through unlike someone else.

‘Oh don’t be stupid. He’s a noble, this is how they act.’ She offered him a smile despite the shade of crimson that still adorned her cheeks despite the makeup that blended with her flesh tone. For a brief moment – she was lost in his eyes, mesmerized. It took one of her guards clearing his throat to cause her to briefly jolt and extend her hand towards him.

“My name is Mira, Mira Rekali.” She managed to get out in a slightly off-guard tone.

‘I am completely out of my league.’ Mira maintained her steady smile while she thought to herself. ‘Nah, I bet he’s not out of my league – I wonder how old he is? Wait, he’s probably married…’ She took one hard blink and chuckled somewhere in between before resuming her smile. ‘Waaaaay ahead of yourself right now.’

Oh no, the reddening of her cheeks did not go unnoticed by the charming noble, whose smile only widened at her fascination. "Mira?" he answered after a time, his own hand slipping into hers and pulling it in closer so he could plant a kiss on the knuckle of her middle finger. "A beautiful name for a beautiful lady." This time his smile flashed perfect teeth, his eyes sparkling like perfectly cut gems against a backdrop of snow. He gestured behind him, towards the towering villa not far in the distance. It was something of extraordinary masonry with its tall towers and grand mosaic windows that depicted all sorts of revelry and grandiose imagery of mythological heroes and heroines. There was even a certain pageantry to the house guard, with their entire aesthetic geared towards archaic designs where gallant heroes fought foul monsters to save princesses from seemingly daily peril.

"Come inside, my dear. We have much to discuss, I'm sure." Ludovic would turn sharply, clasping both hands behind his back as he marched back towards the entrance to his illustrious estate. High arches would mark the entryway accompanied by massive wooden doors that had to be opened by a pair of burly guardsman, another architectural design that hearkened back to the elder days of yore that Ludovic seemed so intent to capture in his surroundings. Inside was a menagerie of marble busts and paintings adorning every single wall, with fine silk curtains draped from the windows and fine rugs laid out on nearly every floor. All about them scurried the estate's servant class on an endless task to make sure everything was absolutely perfect for their guests, with several women even coming to offer [member="Mira Rekali"] refreshments.

"I apologize for the restlessness, Lady Mira. It is not so often we receive visitors of your stature, and we are all quite excited for what you and your Clan can help us achieve."

The tender kiss upon her flesh just further brightened the rose color that stained her cheeks, her coral eyes fixated upon those viridescent eyes of his. She had to admit, she was somewhere between starstuck and cloud nine – and was losing focus as to why she was really here. If she were required to use her Force abilities, she would be at a total loss as the very core of her thoughts were elsewhere. The rate at which her heart was beating was deafening to her senses – especially her ears but she still managed to catch his overwhelming charismatic talk. As he began to walk, Mira would follow but not before one of her guards approached and handed her a satyn clothed expandable fan. She merely nodded to the guard before turning her attention back to Ludovic, expanding the fan and waving herself feverishly. She was flushed – terribly so, not to such an extent that she was grotesquely sweating or anything but visible enough to the eye of others.

‘Breathe, just breathe.’ She assured herself, taking steady breaths in an attempt to return her pulse to normal. Her free arm would come across her stomach, a hand grasping her rib-cage lightly.
Mira had been many places in her twenty-five years, but she had to admit she was impressed. Her eyes glanced back and forth from statue to statue, holo-painting to holo painting. The intricacy and design to the Villa was remarkable – she conceded that he was a noble of taste. In her time, she had seen some who lacked such a thing. Mira would stop to gaze out the window – staring at the beautiful landscape of Raxus Secundus. Her fanning had slowed as she listened to his word – still amazed by everything she was experiencing. She had known only a few things in life – but nothing like this.

She turned to face the servant, her left hand removing itself from her ribs to the tray before her – she selected a sparkling glass of blue liquid – Daruvvian Champagne no doubt. She had heard about it, came from the Inner Rim near the Hapes Cluster. Mira examined the glass before taking a sip of the fizzy alcohol. The sensation of the bursting air bubbles made her almost cough during her first sip – and in turn she inhaled sharply, almost a gasp.

She closed the fan and brought the hand that held it to her mouth, chuckling softly. “I’m sorry, I’ve never had that before.”

‘Smooth, really smooth.’ She hissed at herself.

He allowed himself a chuckle at [member="Mira Rekali"]'s discomfort with the fizzy drink, flashing a smile full of teeth while snatching a glass from the tray and taking a sip. "There's not a lot of people who have, Lady Mira, but for you nothing is too expensive." Again with the charms, the velvet words that seemed to tumble freely from his mouth with such grace they could've come from the mind of a romantic poet! Alongside the drinks came assorted cheeses, bread, and meats imported from the finest delis, bakeries, and butcheries the galaxy could offer, all of them emitting a pleasant aroma into the air as they were passed around to Mira and her guardsman guests. "But we didn't come here to discuss foods, now did we my dear? Come, come! I will show you my lounge, and we can begin to talk about more important matters." He extended his arm for Mira to interlock with hers, the faint hint of muscular biceps hidden beneath his flamboyant sleeves.

The lounge was not too far away from the villa foyer, and was designed purely for rest and relaxation. It seemed like a couch or chair was placed ever meter or so, with plush pillows of the finest velvet strewn about haphazardly while bookshelves dominated three walls while a massive bay window allowed a view of the villa pastures and the forests and mountains beyond. Ludovic plopped himself down onto one of the nearest couches, patting the vacant cushion next to him as an invitation to Mira. It was an unorthodox place for business to be conducted, for sure, but everything about Lord Sigismund II was unorthodox and overly dramatic. Why should serious discussions be any different?

"So, Lady Mira! You are an envoy of your grandfather, the Aliit'buir, who I have been told can help me in my plight to restore my homeworld, free of villainous influences such as the Sith or Primeval." Ah, down to the nitty-gritty then! "I have heard that he is an astounding man as well, and he has even offered me sanctuary at the Rimward customs and trade point near the Radama Void. A touching offer, but I am too entangled in my own trappings to pick up and leave, but still... Any help I can receive will be greatly treasured."

Mira would shoot him a sideways glance, turning back to face the window before tilting the glass up and downing the rest of the bubbly liquid. She closed her eyes and inhaled sharply. ‘Remember, business Mira.’ A soft chuckle escaped her light pinky painted lips, her body turning only to be faced with yet another tray of assorted treats. She let off a bit of a gasp, one of surprise more than anything else as she handed the flute off to a servant who stood next to the one holding the tray – all of this seemed so surreal, for Mira hadn’t experienced anything like this before. She was used to being independent and doing things on her own – having people almost throw food and fine beverages in her direction was a bit overwhelming.

She waved away the delicate treats and assortments. “No, thank you though.” She said politely before turning her attention to Ludovic who extended his arm towards her. It took a moment for her to comprehend the situation – perhaps lost in her own girlish daydream somewhere but she took it a bit cautiously. She would wrap her slender arm around his – ‘He’s gotta work out, I mean come on, maybe he has someone work out for him? Hahah.’ She mused softly, a sheepish grin coming to her features as she was led into the lounge. Her eyes were as large as saucers as they entered the lounge, the beauty of the view alone was breathtaking, let alone the look of how comfortable everything was.

‘It’s like pillow world! I could totally sleep here and not really care about anything – as long as I get more of that champagne…’ A serious contemplation that ran rampant through her mind as she gently unhooked her arm from his own – and moved to the bay window, staring out to the mountains beyond. They weren’t like the mountains back home on Dathomir but they were a magnificent sight in their own way. Yet again, Mira would seem adrift amongst the clouds of daydreams – staring out into the world beyond the glass before the sound of patting caught her attention. “Hmm…?” She perked up and turned around to see him touching the seat beside him.

‘Oh feth…’ She cursed and swallowed hard, still managing to keep a smile despite the thought.

As he continued to speak, she’d accommodate his request for her to sit next to him and as she sat down – a sudden influx hit her. Maybe it was just the Force, maybe it was just an overwhelming charge of emotion driven by his flirtatious mannerisms, maybe it was just the champagne talking.

That was it.

Garnet eyes shifted back from him to the window before returning to look into his eyes, her hands falling into her lap, clasping together. She’d begin to intertwine her fingers out of sheer nervousness – this was not something she was prepared for – she expected a table, business planning, strict structure. She inhaled sharply, crossing her ankles together as she shifted in her seat to face him a bit more – trying to get herself a bit more comfortable than she currently was.

“The Aliit’buir – is indeed willing to help you with what you ask.” Her hands clasped tighter together. “The question is, what exactly are you asking of us?“ It was indeed a straight forward question, Mira had gone into this with the understanding they were able to provide certain facilities and resources but she felt there was something more he required from them.

The turbolift gave out a mechanical hiss as it spilled a lithe figure into the corridor. The woman, clad in jewels and a ceremonial-looking headdress, that was a bit too elaborate for the middle of the day and a barely-there metal bikini and veils, sauntered through the corridor, making her way to the sitting room. The air was redolent with the aura of a Force-awakened being just up ahead. Thalia Sigismund, the Jewel of the Wolf, could sense her, just as she could almost hear the beating of her heart as she stood in the archway of the lounge. There was Ludovic, her Wolf, entertaining some kind of fawning moppet from Force only knew where.

Some things never change.

With her eyes locked on the schutta in her sitting room, the witch strode to a side table, which held some an array of appetizers. She picked up a slice of Shurra fruit, still in the rinand lifted it to her lips. The two pointy canines flanking her incisors flashed as she bit down on the meat of it. A trickle of red juice dripped down her chin, landing on the floor. Plop-plop.

"You didn't tell me that we had company, dear Ludovig." came a low, throaty voice. Not quite a growl, but headed there.

Wiping her lips with the back of her hand, Thalia circled her husband as she came in for an attempt to kiss him on the cheek.

[member="Mira Rekali"] [member="Ludovic Sigismund II"]

Mira felt something within the Force – a clawing sensation that ripped down the flesh of her back. Her skin would draw goosebumps as she heard the opening of a turbolift, shifting in her seat to see who or what might be causing that feeling. She had to admit – he had a great taste in women just as much as she apparently had a great taste in jewels, and lack thereof in attire. She could feel the eyes that were fixated upon her being as the woman made her way to a place on the other side of the room and took a rather devious bite from a piece of fruit. Mira blinked several times as she watched the crimson liquid drip from her mouth as if it were something else entirely.

Her throat felt dry and the swallow that followed caused her to scowl a bit, she cleared her throat and rose from her seat. She took a couple of steps back and offered a polite curtsy – just because she was of Mandalorian culture and raised by a Dathomiri mother didn’t mean she didn’t have taste or wasn’t refined. She was a Rekali after all, she wasn’t oblivious to the situation she was in – not entirely. “My apologies, I wasn’t made aware of the lady of the house.” She kept her ankles crossed and in the proper curtsy until of course, the lady addressed her. Her face was a brightened red – a wide variety of emotions impacted her state of mind all at once, but she hadn’t forgot her manners.

Thankfully.

From the looks of the woman, she might be stuck like this for a moment – she appeared to be annoyed for some reason. Maybe she was threatened by Mira, maybe this was a common occurrence in their life? None of it was any of Mira’s business – she was really too busy trying to flush the girlish daydreams out of her head and not appear too enveloped as she once was only moments ago.

‘Damn him, I knew it. I knew it. They’re all the same.’ [member="Liam Quez"] was no different, chasing after [member="Ibaris Varanin-Jacobs"] and leaving Mira to the wastelands of Tash-Taral. Men were just nothing more than….

‘Shebs’ She cursed to herself.

[member="Thalia Sigismund"] | [member="Ludovic Sigismund II"]

His smile quickly faded into a frown as he heard the all too familiar sound of the turbolift opening behind him, followed by the faint scent of jasmine gracing his nostrils causing him to crinkle his nose from the sudden odor. He cocked his head sideways to lazily glare at [member="Thalia Sigismund"] as she entered the room, her intrusion upon this meeting unplanned and almost unwanted. Still, despite all of his unfaithfulness he always found himself pulled back to his beloved Thalia. Perhaps it was the danger of being married to a Garhoon where if she wanted to she could rip out his throat and partake in his life juices that riled him up ever so lustfully, or perhaps it was her stunning beauty and mocha skin. Either way she was not a sight he desired at this moment, and his expression reflected that. "Company that was not yours to partake in, beloved Thalia. I did not wish to burden you with... business matters."

He turned back to Mira, sensing her displeasure at the arrival of the other women. Oh well, cat was out of the bag now and he had no choice but to roll with the punches. "Lady Mira, this is my wife, Thalia Sigismund. And Thalia this is Lady [member="Mira Rekali"] of the Rekali Mandalorian Clan, she's come as an envoy between her grandfather and myself on matters concerning our dearly beloved lost homeworld, Dromund Kaas." And that was that for introductions as Ludovic quickly switched from playful flirt to serious business aristocrat, "And now, Lady Mira, what I want from you and your Clan is aid in restoring my homeworld back to its proper glory. For too long my home had been the play-ground of despots, Sith Lords, and, if you would pardon my frankness, rambunctious Mandalorians who were the cause of my homeworld's ruin in the first place."

He took another drink from his cup, letting the fizzy alcohol flow past his tongue and run down with throat with a satisfied gurgle. "That is what I am asking of you, Lady Mira."

Of course, in all of the hustle and bustle as the lady of the house appeared – Mira would be making mental observations of the situation. There obviously was some tension between the two of them that would have to be resolved through some extensive therapy – very extensive. This woman appeared to want to rip Mira apart, but Mira wouldn’t let that set her off her game – not in the slightest. She would rise from her polite curtsy, choosing to remain standing of course rather than seating herself.

Wanting to ensure she felt secure was not more important than, well, comfortable. She would clasp her hands together infront of her, gently placing them upon her stomach as she nodded to each word he spoke. “Clan Rekali sympathizes with your plight, as we have said – we have offered obviously relocation for the time being until an action can be taken on your behalf, m’lord.” She paused before releasing her left hand from the grip of her right, gesturing.

“Have you contacted anyone else for assistance? Made any other arrangements in order to secure your homeworld?” A blunt and straight forward question – somehow within the short period of [member="Thalia Sigismund"] showing and Mira being put into an awkward position, she gained her composure. Mira would disregard the comment about Mandalorians – there were Dar’manda who were reckless and caused the Mando’ade to look bad. It was an unfortunate thing – but that was how it was.

Her left hand would rejoin her right as she continued her line of questioning.

“In addition to that, how do you plan on taking such a world from the powers of the Primeval?” Yet again, blunt. Deception and theatricality were cruel beasts in the time of war and she couldn’t afford to be the one to go back to her grandfather and perhaps report one thing when there was something else going on. She would bear responsibility for any action that Clan Rekali took – despite the final decision that Ember made in the end. These were questions she needed answers to, there couldn't be stones there were left un-turned.

Thalia could make things easy on her husband today and simply bugger off, or she could make things difficult. Guess which one she picked? The Garhoon’s presence was rewarded with an expression of distaste from Ludovic, and she met his narrowed eyes with a devilish smile.

“Oh, silly me. I forgot,” she said, her voice dripping with a hint of umbrage. “Business matters are not the place of your adoring wife.”

Thalia's emerald green eyes cut sideways to their guest, Lady Rekali. Her brown-skinned fingers threaded through Ludovic’s cropped brown hair as she continued.

“But I am the Jewel of the Wolf. It is my duty to brighten up the room with my brilliance, especially when there are guests to entertain. Is it not?”

She made no move to leave the room, but took rest on a nearby chaise lounge.

“Just pretend I’m not here.” the witch said, flashing Lady Rekali a large, fang-filled grin. She dared not embarrass her husband as his wrath was just as fearsome as hers. Despite herself, she couldn’t help sending out a mental whisper into his head.

Why are we grovelling at the feet of the fething Mandalorians and their little strumpets? It was their people who caused House Sigismund to flee in the first place, was it not?

[member="Mira Rekali"] [member="Ludovic Sigismund II"]

"There is another, yes." He said after a momentary lapse, his eyes watching [member="Thalia Sigismund"] until she finally decided to sit down on another couch nearby. Oh how she vexed him! No wonder he often sought other beauties to occupy his time when nerves became all too often frayed. But there was nothing he could do about her now, not in the company of [member="Mira Rekali"] at least. "His name is [member="Darell Irani"], and my contacts have informed me that he has been working towards a restoration of Dromund Kaas for some time now. A complete terraform of the planet's surface, which is now a barren tundra devoid of life and filled only with the remnants of those who were unjustly punished." Again came the venom against what the Mandalorians had done to his world, yet he managed to retain his composure despite his extremely passionate feelings on the matter.

He cleared his throat, "Word is that the Primeval is coming apart at the seems, Lady Mira. An alliance of zealots is a house made of glass, and its just begun to hail. Now is a better time than any to capitalize on their disunity, and that is what I intend to do with the aid of your people and Mr. Irani. I alone can only spare a token force and my wealth is not what it was, but with both of your help perhaps my long sought after dream can be more than just a dream." He then cast a glance back to Thalia, Everyone has a role to play, my beautiful vixen. I dare say even you may play a part in what is to come.

There would be a nod from the young Mandalorian as she listened to his allies and his – well, his plan so to speak. She would refrain from speaking directly for the Clan, that wasn’t her place – instead she would opt for a broader approach. “I will notify the Aliit’buir of this and what it is you’re asking, the final decision in terms of how far the support goes – is ultimately up to him.” She gave Ludovic a soft curtsy as well as his lovely wife. “I will take my leave so I may get this to him as soon as possible, unless of course there was something else you needed to discuss?” She wasn’t meaning between herself and Ludovic of course, or anything beyond that – she meant the business at hand. Sometimes she wondered how she came off – a bit rough? A bit soft? A bit of something in between? She would hope that she showed good poise in this particular situation, especially considering the Queen of Evil Fruit made her entrance and devoured it in a manner that made Mira cringe. Almost like she was trying to send the young girl a message.

Would she have eaten her? Drank her blood or something? Mira did her best to hide the shuddering as she looked between Ludovic and his wife, Thalia.

[member="Ludovic Sigismund II"] | [member="Thalia Sigismund"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom