Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something Beginning With Ocean... [Jorus, Thyrian]

"Yeah, I know they can, Your Grace -- just lookin' for something to do while there's no problems to be solved." He sucked on his teeth absently as a dull roar echoed down the mine shaft. "That's the second shipload lifting off. Who'd have thought that it would take this short a time to strip out resources that used to be so carefully protected? Perfection today, rubble and absence tomorrow. And shotgun shells.

"But what does one do with this much cortosis, hm? You plannin' on stockpilin' it for a rainy day, coatin' your sanctum sanctorum with it, or what?"

@[member="Jorus Merrill"]

"Well, I can't argue with that Captain." She glanced down the mine as the rumbling shook loose strands of cortosis ore and further rubble down from the walls and the ceiling. A fine dust settled over her robes, causing her to cough ever so slightly. "Well, I was the one who had it locked down and secure, it wasn't like that before I came in - the Empire apparently thought fear alone would keep people out." A slight chuckle left her at the audacity of it.

"I'm planning... Well, that would be telling, wouldn't it? But of course, the idea of stockpiling is top of the list. Keep it from those who would use it wrongly. They don't realise how brittle it is, they don't mix it, and they ruin the supplies." She sighed, young students knew so little.

"No kiddin," Jorus griped. "The minute most idiots get their hands on cortosis, they make alloys of it. A cortosis alloy will do the same as phrik or beskar or something, just bounce sabres off -- but cortosis ore that turns things off, that's a whole other beastie, unique in the universe. What a waste, watering it down. What a fething waste.

"But in due course, when you've got a better handle on me an' on your long-term plans, you and I should talk about what can be done with this stuff. I mean, you've got enough here to build airburst warheads an' create zones of lightsabre denial."

@[member="Jorus Merrill"]

She removed her hand from the wall and continued to move on, more fine dust falling from the ceiling. This time she did not cough, despite how thick the air was getting. Instead she simply said; "I'm satisfied with how this is looking, perhaps we should venture back up to the surface, Captain. No use doing all of this to end up suffocating. Having lightsaber resistant insides won't be all that useful..."

"When we're settled, we can definitely begin discussing what to do with it - but of course I don't want to use it all at once... But you know that anyway." Turning on her heels she began to retrace their steps, slipping a commlink into her palm as she moved. While they walked she spoke commands for the work force to do a final sweep on their way back out, and from the efficiency of these droids it didn't seem like it would be taking that much longer.

The Master and Lord of Hyperspace hacked up a blackish loogie as he ascended from the cortosis mine. He pulled his light-knife from his belt, ignited it, and spat on it. The blade flickered out.

With a chuckle and a shrug, he ignited it again and swirled around his mouth. He spat again, and this time the blade only wavered. Apparently he'd gotten all the cortosis from his throat and nose, though his lungs might be a different story. And that could be dangerous or useful.

"You've got a point or two there," he conceded, following her from the mine. "But I think we'll be out of here soon enough anyway. Based on the prospecting maps you provided, I think our droids should have this cleared out pretty fething soon."

She brought herself from the mine, and sent the Force through her innards to check for any difficulties inside. Thankfully it hadn't gotten very far, nor was there enough to cause damage, but all the same it was worth clearing. Her eyes shifted across to Jorus and a subtle chuckle left her. "I suppose that could prove useful, but I doubt it'd be worth the long term health issues. I'll stick to using it the normal way."

Her eyes drifted across to the ship. "Everything is running smoothly, let's get back and oversee it from a safe distance. We'll only get in their way down here, anyway."

With a smile she wandered toward her ship and up the ramp, allowing it to move alongside one of the full container ships back toward the orbit of the planet. All in all this had been a very successful expedition. Things were falling nicely into place.

@[member="Darth Kyros"]

Jorus shrugged with a lopsided grin. "Easy enough when the only thing between a shovel and all this ore was a writ as had your name on it and a can of WD-40 for the droids. Sometimes power really is everythin'."

Another small shipload of cortosis lifted off, sluggish from the weight. He watched it go with a certain unsettledness.

"Lady Kyros, I'm thinkin' I should get to work on that other project of yours. With your blessin', I'll take my leave."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom