Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Someone Else's Business

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"No, but now you just confirmed what emotion that color is. So.." Honestly she wasn't sure how someone was supposed to react to what she said. She didn't expect him to just, get sad on her behalf. Worry, maybe. Not sad.

".. I'm not sure what else to say on it. It sucked, but it's been fixed. At least, I can function better again."

Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

He scoffed and rolled his eyes, a subtle smile set between minor annoyance and disbelief found him. It faded not so soon afterwards and was instead replaced by an expectant stare. The colours were a burden, no doubt, especially for someone that preferred to maintain his emotional solitude. In a sense, that is.

"It was more sympathetic than sad," Corin confessed as a hand rolled the remnants of the wrapper into a crinkled ball. "You would think you could read those colours better by now, at least my ones."

"Unless they're too much for you." He added sarcastically.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Not too much, no. But I can see you don't want me to read them so I try not to. It's hard not to, though, with people I care about." Even now she could see the flash of annoyance. Not the first person to be annoyed at her for reading into their colors.

"People like having secrets. Even if it'd actually help to share them, I guess."

Slumped into the brick and mortar, Corin pressed backwards even further. It felt as if his shoulders lifted from it while hands fell stowed into pockets with the crown of his head to balance the rest of his frame. It was a thin lipped smile that creased across his mouth, the brief close of his otherwise dark and dull eyes shielded the hint of warmth felt from the comment. But not the colours, never the colours. Plain as can be.

He rolled his head across to her, "You got something you need to spill, huh?"

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Mm.. No. I can't think of anything. I mean, I didn't tell anyone about the whole Carnifex suicide sleep walking and it went on for months until I did tell Master Noble. And.. It was pretty quickly figured out." She hummed a little, seeming to actually think on what she was saying rather than just saying it for once. It was hard to ignore the sadness she'd seen literally just a couple minutes prior in him.

"Lots of us think we need to shoulder everything alone. Please don't try and do that with my problems on top of everything else you're already doing that with."

In an uncommon act of kindness, Corin set out to rest a hand on Iris' shoulder. He stared into her oddly coloured eyes with his comparatively colourless own and offered the sincerest of looks. For someone characterised with an endless pit of sarcasm, it was difficult to find outside of the harsh and bitter environment of Denon; even then, sincere was replaced with serious with a look of thunder.

"I promise not to, Iris." He said with an equal amount of sincerity, "I have people. If I need it, I can talk to them."

If, the word that hung on discretion. The root of his issue.

"Thank you. You're a good friend."

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I.. Guess. I only really started to think about what it meant to be someone's friend recently." Ironically, because of Kai. What it meant to be someone's friend, anyway. What she could do for them. What she should. What she shouldn't. Really, a lot of what she shouldn't. Boundaries were important.

"When I figure it out I'll let you know, though. Maybe you can actually make some friends more than me, huh?"

"I have friends, thank you." He answered in mock offense, seemingly aghast. "Just not always with the Jedi."

Old friends, phantoms of the past, arose on Denon. Little and less ended on the straight on narrow there, and most others that did ended up off-world. Good. Best thing for them, Corin often admitted to himself, even as the mission was somewhat of a love letter to Denon; clean it, fix it, make it whole. No matter how much he was forced to hate the plagued system.

"Besides," Corin lazily shrugged, the look of similarly forced mock indifference met his features. "You're a bit of rounded package. You cover all bases like that. Don't really need a whole lot more."

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Oh? There are people who actually like it when you're an ass? Or are you only an ass around Jedi?" She just flashed a grin at that mock offense, practically diving into something other than the melancholy that'd been quite a bit of this conversation. She raised a brow shortly after though, glancing over herself. Lifting her arms, actively looking herself over like she was expecting to find something.

"Mm. Not sure what you mean by rounded."

"No, never." He continued with his dry sarcasm, "This wonderful attitude I have is for everyone, there's only some like-minded people outside of the Jedi that find it that bit more tolerable."

It was no surprised that Corin never fit in too well with the other Jedi. The fault of relative isolation in those formative years, the Jedi often attributed it to, with time spent on remote worlds outside of the Jedi Temple or the Prosperity when classes finished. No matter for how briefly, too. Iris, in the eyes of Corin, was fast-friends with most of their peers.

He scoffed in response to what followed with his head almost thrown back.

"Yeah, yeah. You're nice and in shape." He remarked, only to move with a slow and obviously feigned shadow shockboxing hook aimed towards her stomach, even as it fell miles short. "Real hard abs of steel."

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"I don't mind it too much. Probably helps I can tell you're not actually an ass deep under all that tough guy bravado." She snickered, nodded. Absolute abs of steel here. Had to be, in this life. The weak would always need someone strong to protect them.

"I'm nice though? You're giving compliments? Did I do something special without realizing it?"

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"You don't think it's a fight I should take cause you don't fight like a Jedi."

Iris nodded once, just grinning. Probably a bit too wide. It was a full on guess. Predictable? No, she wasn't good at predicting people. Compensation grin to hide that unsureness.

His lips pursed with the continued and focused stare that lay forwards.

It was close. So close as to be correct, if not teeter on the line of it. Corin could have settled for an admission of his own certain success in a duel as such, but the most common foes Corin battled had been monsters of men with his own fists; the notion of a duel with a blade, while formidable in his own right, the swift strikes of a blade were less ingrained into the young Jedi than the heavy blows thrown with his body.

"You know what they say," he smirked, "Fight smarter, not harder."

He flashed eyes to the chrono and for a fraction of a second, they widened.

"I think I need to get going, though. Any closing remarks?" Corin probed with familiar sarcasm.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Tough, actually nice, and smart? You'd think you'd have way more friends." One last little tease beofre she sighed. Nodded. It was only a matter of time before he got focused on the job again.

"Remember to sleep, maybe? I dunno what your sleeping schedule is like but you look tired. .. Just, take care of yourself. If I end up becoming a Knight I don't want to be without you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom