Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some R&R After a Long Day.

Commenor - Lady Kay's office

Solan yawned as he leaned back in the office chair Lady Kay kept in her... well office. His feet kicked up onto the lip of the desk and his hands held a glass with some tea warmed within. He was relaxed and his ship had recently came to rest in the docks of Commenor, and the arrival having been passed on to Lady Kay while Solan had taken his chance to sneak into her palace and relax, finding a box of tea and making some for himself. He was making himself at home and waiting for the woman to put two and two together.

Normally he would be in her throne room but had found the palace lacking one these days, which was a bit disappointing. Last time he was here that throne was probably the only warm or comfortable thing about the place at the time, and especially so for Lady Kay herself. The poor woman had gone through something and Solan hoped his words had caused some kind of effect but that was a vain moment of pride to hope that. The most likely case was that he had been nothing more than a momentary annoyance for the woman. Which was why he did not tell her he would be coming ahead of his ship, and would leave her to be surprised as to his appearance.

And that left him sitting there, Kira sleeping in his lap while he closed his own eyes and drank her tea.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay had a couple of things to deal with since coming back from Umbara. One of them being her health. After getting hit with some neurotoxins, it took some time for it to be flushed out of her system so that she could be back to normal.

The other was in regards to something that she wasn't going to have made public yet. There were a few things about it that she needed to sort out first. The last thing that she needed was a scandal.

But now it was time to relax. Or at least that was the plan. On her way to her office she was stopped by her Head of the House, Olivia. The older woman cleared her throat. "I hear that we have a guest coming. Shall I have a room prepared?"

"A guest? Who?" Olivia handed her a datapad with the message from [member="Solan Charr"] . Kay clenched her jaw a little as she read it over. She could imagine a couple of things that he would want to visit her for. "I don't know if he'll be staying, but have a room prepared just in case. Oh! And make sure that my tea supplies are stored away. He likes to tease me about stealing them."

"Yes, my Lady. And...try not to let him get to you this time."

"You know me so well....I shall try..." Kay smirked as Olivia headed off to prepare a room. She shook her head a bit, chuckling to herself as she opened the door to her office and stepped inside.

That was when she spotted HIM sitting in HER chair and drinking HER tea! "Made yourself at home, have you? I take it that your message was sent late?"

He saw her and waited for her to speak and say something about the scene before greeting her, waiting to see what she might do. The look on her face was more than enough for him to crack a wide smile and he leaned forward in the chair putting his feet back on the ground. The tea in his hands moved without spilling a drop, resting there before he brought it to his lips and drank from the Glass.

"Only slightly, honestly you would be surprised just how easy it is trick people with an illusion and some honey laced words. I swear it was like taking candy from a child, your tea was the only hard thing to find, but that solved itself." He held up the glass, still smiling at her. "Definitely not bad, not as good as my batches, but I'm sure you don't remember their taste."

The man was jovial. Little seemed to be in his mind and unlike last time, he was not there to interrogate the woman who he has heard was going down a bad path. From what he could see, she has leveled out her head and was now doing far better. Which was why the man didn't so much as mention her life and instead let his body relax around her.

"I had intended to sit in that comfy throne of yours but it would seem it no longer is here, a shame if you ask me, but your office is abit more illuminating so it works out, no diary though, that I have found yet that is." He chuckled to himself, watching her and waiting now once more.

Kay-Larr

A smirk. That was what [member="Solan Charr"] got from her as he began speaking. She closed the door behind her and walked further into her office, making her way over to the side table so that she could pour her own cup of tea. More than likely he had only found one stash of her sapir tea and not her stockpile. They were as closely guarded as her secret passageways, and her Force sensitivity. "It has been a while since I've had...well anything so much as a visit from you."

Kay picked up her cup of tea and carried it over to one of her comfy chairs, cradling the cup in her hands. Another smirk was given to him. "My throne is up on a ship these days. Some big battleship that belonged to an old friend that had since lost his life. And now it's mine. I have yet to set foot in it." She sipped her tea, making sure to swallow it before laughing at Solan's last remark. "Diary? I wouldn't be silly enough to have one of those things. If I wanted people to know of my inner most thoughts, I'd let them inside my head. Or maybe I'd just tell them outright." Fat chance of that happening. More than likely her thoughts and secrets would be used against her.

[member="Lady Kay"]

"No diary or throne? Things are going really downhill around here, makes me somewhat sad to hear all of this." The man shook his head and drank from the tea in his hands, looking at the desk and thinking about it for a few moments.

"Things are really weird these days Kay, really quite strange." He smiled a small bit and set the glass down before looking at her again, studying her face and thinking on the woman for a few moments. "I do apologize for not visiting though, dying tends to do that to you and it took some time to reconstitute a body and reclaim it. Obviously not by my own hands given the situation but still, it took some time."

He didn't mind revealing his death and revival, knowing the woman wouldn't be taken by the fact too greatly. After all she had seen such practices from darkside individuals before, that much he was certain of. The man reached into his side and retrieved the glasses he needed to wear these days, his vision going blurry once more as he sat there.

"So, anything I missed going on with your life. Noticed you aren't a dark lord of commenor anymore. Or lady rather..." He grinned a bit wider, knowing something had been up the last time they had met. "Did my charisma and wonderful charm snap you out of it?"

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked as [member="Solan Charr"] feigned disappointment at her lack of a throne and diary. Like she was going to make it that easy for him. She then laughed a little to herself as she reflected on his teasing now and in the past. The two were good friends and given that they were able to have such antics against one another without taking offence; well it wasn't a bad thing. It was sort of...theraputic.

The remark on his death was something that she wasn't quite aware of. There was a story there that she didn't know of; her focus having been nearly entirely on her own region of space. "It's alright....It's been even longer since I've visited you. But then my travel has been somewhat limited."

She sipped her tea as he touched on their last meeting, his visit occuring when fear and hate ruled over her. "No, you didn't snap me out of it. But you helped. And I thank you for that. As far as what's happened since then, well I married [member="Veiere Arenais"] and not long after that we had twins; a boy and a girl. They are both on their own paths right now. Caedyn is with the Je'daii last I heard. And Lori is with the Mandalorians. Veiere and I figured that they should experience other paths before making the choice to take my place after I'm gone. Veiere...lost his way however, and so we were forced to separate while he was exiled..." Kay had another sip of her tea. "...He'll be allowed back though...some day. I can feel it." Her home was such an empty nest. It had seemed as though everyone was off doing their own thing while she was stuck at home. But she never complained. She owed Commenor too much for her crimes to just give up her responsibilities.

[member="Lady Kay"] told about her life since their last meeting and he smiled as he heard her talk about marrying and having children. Solan knew what that felt like in the faintest of ways, knowing that his comparison was no where near the same.

"I wouldn't worry about the man fixing himself and getting things under hand. Take it from someone who was separated from his child for a long long time. Things always end in ways we wish for them too." Solan said that with a wavering confidence but he was clearly trying to provide some support for the woman and clearly retreated from talking about that further. His hands bringing the tea to his lips and returning a smile to his face as he looked at her.

"So. How have things been outside of that.I know the galaxy is a bit different these days and things can be rough, just hoping that Commenor wasn't caught up in all of it. After all, where am I going to get good tea from if so?" The man smiled as he sat there, looking across the table at the woman infront of him.

Kay-Larr

"Things will always end in the ways we wish them to? I wish I had your confidence." She smirked while she sipped her tea. Her people wanted [member="Veiere Arenais"] to pay for his crimes and the deaths that he had caused. But she just couldn't do it. She couldn't give him the maximum punishment. Kay needed him.

And then the topic changed. Thankfully. [member="Solan Charr"] brought up external affairs of which for Commenor, there wasn't much. "No, we haven't been caught up in intergalactic affairs.
My territory grows and prospers. We do what we can for humanitarian efforts, but stay out of war. Although ..."
She took another sip of her tea. "...I recently met my niece. She's the leader of the Mandalorians. She seems keen on keeping in touch and getting me out more. But with her close ties to the Sith...I just hope that my influence can steer her in the right direction."

[member="Lady Kay"]

"Leader of the Mandalorians ehh? Well hopefully she has your sensibility and temperment. If so the chance of her stepping away from those Sith ties would be far higher." He held no love for the Sith, knowing how they operated and not in the least trusting them. The man watched her for a moment before sighing, knowing how things may turn out one day.

"I suggest you not hope, and instead act towards fixing that. We both know how tempting it is and we act with goodness in our heart, Mandalorians for the most part are focused on one thing, and one thing only. And I doubt that the Sith would be against helping them in that regard." He leaned back and looked at the cup in his hand.

His hands set the cup down and he leaned forward.

"Either way, that is a but of a saddening topic. How about we talk about something more cheerful or uplifting?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom