Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Chains You Can't Break

Ghorua smiled, his shark-like teeth hidden from Jaya's sight. "So I'm told," he said, about his sense of smell. They were a part of his genetic modifications. But despite the usefulness, the countless times they've saved his life, if he could go back to before he had them, he would.

When Jaya recounted her story, Ghorua's eyes widened in surprise. That was far more productive than he'd been. She'd managed to get a favor out of the most important gang in the prison, and he'd been threatened by second place. The realization gave him a dark sort of happiness. At least he knew he was getting his money's worth. "That's good. That's real good. We can use that." The Shark's voice was light, easy, proud.

"Maybe instead of trying to get you in less fights, we should get you in more. You seem to do your best work there," he joked, rubbing his eye with a tired fist.

"My day was far less productive," Ghorua noted, trying to keep his nerves out of his voice. Then he stopped, choking back a chortle.

"Wait, hold on, back up. Cupcake?"

- [member="Jaya Tandris"] -

"I don't really seek out fights. They tend to come to me." There was more than likely a reason for that, but Jaya didn't particularly mind it. "But it has been helpful so far, that's for sure." Still, she quietly hoped that tomorrow would be a quieter day. She still had to work on putting together a pair of gauntlets to escape the prison after business had been handled. Right now, though, she was a little too tired to get to it. There was still enough time, she supposed, so tomorrow was when she would get started in proper.

Ghorua seemed to be getting to how his day had gone, but that was not the topic he would stick to. Instead, he seemed a bit too amused by Jaya's nickname some of her closer friends called her by. "You've got my best friend to thank for that one. Her name's Zoey. She's the best damn slicer I know, but can't throw, or take, a punch to save her life. We're roommates, so the place better not be a mess when I get back," the woman explained with a chuckle. "She helped me find my way around the streets back as a kid on Bavva. Used to be First Order territory back then." She wondered how much easier the streets gangs had it there, now that the imperial regime no longer controlled the planet. She hadn't been back to her hometown of Tamanen since her days working for the Collective.

"Wait, I remember she accidently picked up one of the holocalls you made during the negotiations. Scrawny, neon blue hair. She nearly pissed herself in fear, it was hilarious. I thought so, anyway."

[member="Ghorua the Shark"]

Ghorua smiled openly, if a little sadly, as Jaya described her friend, Zoey. He had plenty of people he would consider friends. But none that would tag along with him on jobs. None that understood what exactly he did, or how to help. Many would never dream of being a bounty hunter, or what that entailed. It would be nice to have someone that understood the life that came with it.

He said as much. "Well, we choose our friends, but we can't choose the nicknames they give us." His voice held the tenderness of understanding, which quickly turned to an impish grin. "And I don't blame her. I am alarmingly handsome."

"Y'know, I lived in First Order territory too." Ghorua nodded to himself, examining a strange bruise that had popped up sometime in the last twelve hours. "Bakura. With my daughter."

He was sharing some personal information. Information that he wouldn't usually tell a hired gun. But, everything considered, he trusted this one.

"I know how... difficult, it can be there." He left it at that.

"So, the job. Tomorrow's gonna be an off-day. Let's give everyone time to calm down." Ghorua sounded tired in that moment. He didn't want to deal with the Sabertooth gang. He didn't want to deal with any gang right now, for that matter. "Maybe see if we can get an audience. If not... We'll just have to do more."

- [member="Jaya Tandris"] -

Jaya let out a surprised 'huh' at Ghorua sharing that he too had lived on a world under First Order rule in the past. It was hard for her to imagine anyone to assert any kind of authority over him, though as she spoke it somewhat seemed this had been the case before. The fact he had a daughter was even more of a surprise, though it seemed like it was a bit of a sensitive topic. She quickly shrugged it off and decided to not prod him about it. She was curious, but not curious enough to get on Ghorua's bad side. He didn't seem too easily irritated, but family was a subject that made some very defensive. The woman didn't want to put him in any kind of awkward spot.

"I wasn't much of a model citizen, which put me into some tight spots to say the least. My inability to comply with authority will be the end of me one day," Jaya mused with a bit of a chuckle, hoping to shift the topic to something lighter. "It's honestly a miracle it hasn't been yet."

She already had resisted numerous urges to... get more acquainted with some of the guards after showing one form of disrespect or the other. There was a lot riding on everything going as smoothly as possible, getting hands-on with guards would be a surefire way to throw a wrench in the works.

"A day off seems good to me. My ribs feel like they are on fire." Slowly, Jaya rose to her feet, wincing a little as she did. "I'll see if I can get things set up tomorrow. For now, I'm getting some shut-eye."

[member="Ghorua the Shark"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom