Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Broken Hearts Never Mend (Open)

Planet: Naboo
Time: Around noon

The basket at his feet was full of grapes, just like all the baskets of the migrant workers around him. Every weekend he was out in the vineyards trying to help his mother keep the family afloat. His younger siblings were there too, but they were so young they often played more than they worked. His father had been the real earner of the family in the textile business. His murder had hit the family hard.

He picked up the basket and waddled further down his lane to a fresh supply of grapes. it was a breezy sort of day but he could hear the bustle of Theed from beyond the vineyard. Normally he just tuned these sounds out and tried not to die of boredom while picking grapes, but today the sounds were different. He could hear an argument between a group of people. He sat his basket down and moved through the bushes and saw three people standing with weapons pointed at each-other. In the center of them, laying on the ground, was a disk of some sort.

"Don't move or I'll blow your brains out!"

"Empty threats dek! You can't double cross me this way!"

The third person was staying quiet, but looked apprehensive. The trio were clearly fighting over the disk laying on the ground. This was the most interesting thing Teak had to watch, and though he knew he should get back to his work he couldn't bring himself to look away from the standoff.

"Just give me the disk!"

"Not a chance!"

They both gripped their blasters harder and the third person seemed to lose some nerve, before spotting Teak. In a flash second the third person had kicked the disk, sending it soaring into the bush were Teak was. A moment latter the fire fight erupted.

"RUN!"

Teak dived into the bushes moment before they exploded with rounds. Without thinking he grabbed the disk and started darting up the vineyard.

Krystal

Smart girls don't win by being polite.
Objective: Get the disk... with as little collateral damage as possible.

Krystal was furious.

She had come all this way to this damn planet and she would not be foiled by some damn thugs with no sense of subtlety. I'll blow both your brains out. Not wanting that kind of mess on her hands, though, she thought desperately for another way out. Protect the disk, protect herself, and protect the civilians scattered around the place.

Or she could always resort to her blaster. Always good to have a fallback plan.

Her eyes darted around. She almost missed the small creature hiding in the bush -- he seemed to be fascinated by what was going on, and Krystal was never one to avoid a little chaos. Kicking the disk and sending it flying at the animal, she used her momentum to flip backwards and duck out of range of the two thugs. After shouting after it, she set her blaster to stun and nailed the first thug from behind. Before he even had time to fall, Krystal was out, sprinting after [member="Teak"] . A broken branch here, and a footprint there -- the creature was fast but not impossible to track.

She wasn't sure where exactly he was going... but soon she caught up to him. "Hey!" she shouted, grabbing his attention. Motioning her head to the east, she said, "That needs to get to my ship. And ideally before anyone else catches up."

Looking at the spilled basket of grapes, she raised her eyebrows. "But if you've got work to do, I'm happy to take it from here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom