Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some base locations

Alright so I was thinking that would could do a couple of faction threads setting up some bases of operation for the Order. This could allow for later settings as well as let us explain ICly why/how we are doing our stuff. It also gives us a place to store our goodies.

So with that in mind I was thinking of 2 to start us off. 1 I want to be Ilum since that planet would be a good place to hide out at, but the other I wanted to hear everyone's feedback on.

Daalang is the first. It is a planet not far from Commenor Systems Alliance space that likely will be domed soon if not already being dommed. It is not too far from both Hutt space and the Galactic Empire so we could explain our operations on both from it.

Lannik is the second. It is much like Daalang in its advantages only a little better. It is closer to both the Hutt space and Galactic Empire space while being a little further from CSA. It is also right on the Mara hyperlane which is good for IC justification of speed. The main problem is that it is only 1 hex away from being able to be domed by both the CSA and the Silver Jedi.

Toydaria is the third. It is right there by Hutt space and home to that race of fly people who the owner of Anikin and his mom was a member of. It is a jungle/marsh planet too so could be interesting for setting up a thread there. The main issue is it is right by Silver Jedi space and not as close to Galactic Empire space as the other two. It might get domed by the Silvers and we would have to justify things a bit more IC wise on hitting up the GE.

Anyways those are my suggestions. Please feel free to give me any feedback you might have on them and also feel free to suggest your own planet. It can be in another faction's space as well if you want since it is getting crowded again. I look forward to our future threads and hope yall do too!

[member="Tulahi'rani"] [member="Talaya Rade"]

With only doing minimal research, Ilum sounds like a good place to hide.

As for the others, I'm too bad at navigating the map to find 'em. I presume we'd want to be close enough to interact or respond to The Hutt Space, CSA, or silver jedi, but also far away enough to not face immediate threat of being invaded. I'm a fresh-born newb when it comes to facts on these star wars planets, so I say Dalaang is fine if its a decent space away from being dommed. Idk if Lannik if worth because I'm not quite sure what would happen to us if another faction dommed it. Same for the other suggestions that are close to already claimed territory.

[member="Tristram Senan"]

[member="Talaya Rade"]

Daalang is the most likely to be dommed and all 3 of them are fairly close to factions. If you are looking for them on the map they all rest on the southern end located below CSA and Silver space and to the right of GE space. If you see the big line running through the hexes that is the Mara hyperlane and all of them around near it by 1-2 hexes.

So you would rather have a spot down South then that is a ways away from controlled space like Ilum is on the North side? I think we can work with that and I will do some looking into it later to see if I can find some good spots.

Okay so looking into it I found some new planets to add that fit [member="Talaya Rade"] desire to not be within Dominion range of the major factions. Here is a little list of what these planets are and why.

Makeb- On the edge of the Galaxy and not close to any group. It is a spot that sports giant stone pillars that are big enough for cities to be built and have complex cave systems. It also sports rich mineral deposits so we could have in house facilities to make our own supplies if we really wanted to go that far. The only real issue is that it is so far out that ICly we would have to acknowledge that if we wanted to play it realistic.

Dubrava- It is not as far out as Makeb but it would take any group some time to get to the hex. It is a planet with semi-tropical swamps so think of the American South (Mississipi, Lousiana, Albama, etc). It is has a local people called the Dubravan and it is fairly free to do with what we want. That is both the pro and the con though since it doesn't offer us much outside of an interesting setting, a ways out, and a local species to interact with.

Rinn- It meets the requirements of both the above, but it comes with sort of a dual issue. The canon and legends on the planet are polar opposites of each other. Canon says it is an ice planet much like Hoth and Ilum. Legend says it is temperate and more like the moon of Endor or Yavin. So this is good because we can sort of play with either option but bad because there really isn't a middle ground we can work with.

Riileb- A fun looking planet that has an interesting history. It was one of only 2 planets that remained independent of Hutt influence in the past. It is also a planet of oceans and islands. It is also known for being hot and humid, so we could have some fun playing off of these details when establishing a base. It also would allow us to have some hidden aspects to it by having it submerged as well as being on islands. The main issue is that it is the closest of these planets to controlled space being 3 dominions away from CSA, GE, or Silvers being able to dom our hex if they really wanted to where as the others are only that way for 1 faction at most.

Regardless though of which of these planets we pick we have plenty of time to do stuff before anyone gets to us. The GE is the most likely to go looking for us and they are slow at dominioning hexes. It can take them 1-2 months to complete a single dominion and sometime even 3 months. So with that in mind we have plenty of time to do whatever we want or to get things ICly moved out before they reach us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom