Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solution on Scarif [Imperial Remnant T2 Dominion of Scarif and Kowak]

Travis Caalgen

T
CcjB5ur.jpg
[Theme]
H Y P E R S P A C E, E N R O U T E T O S C A R I F
8 5 0 A B Y

A single Tempus-class Star Frigate was encompassed in the realm of hyperspace; a massive, seemingly endless azure tunnel that was a critical component for interstellar powers. The IRV Bel'reen was on a mission to explore a recently rediscovered planet near the capital of the Imperial Remnant, Kamino. Technicians and slicers alike had found mere fragments of information in the datacores of Hypori after the Imperials conquered it and acquired the droid armies still be produced there, almost pinpointing the location of an old-age Imperial fortress world; Scarif.

Notable Imperial figures, such as Weapons Research Director Travis Caalgen, had booked passage on the starship, wishing to seek the planet's abilities that could give an advantage to their respective branches of the Imperial Military and beyond. It was also rumored that after the exploration, the Grand Moff would assign someone to become the Moff of the Scarif system to do with the planet and the surrounding ones as they wished.

Surprisingly, the Bel'reen had a rather lavish lay-out for a warship. There was better food and more comfortable accommodations, as noted once or twice by the crew and the stormtroopers aboard the vessel. According to the ships computers and the captain, the ship would be arriving at Scarif in around an hour or so; so it would be apt to just relax until it was time to work.

After all, you never know what the Force might throw to you...

Objectives

I. Reach Scarif: Before you can begin your mission of exploring the planet and prepare it for an Imperial occupation, you must get there. Explore the IRV Bel'reen in the mean time and socialize with other Imperials, low and high on the chain of command.

Other: Two entire star systems are at your fingertips, Scarif and Kowak. Do whatever you wish, however you wish it; All are welcome.

Tag List: [member="Ace Thrakish"] [member="Alexandra Feanor"] [member="Aram Kalast"] [member="Ashley Myth'rand"] [member="Aut-X"] [member="Avedia Lacroix"] [member="Azalus"] [member="Baron Morcus"] [member="Bonde We"] [member="Bruce Aar"] [member="Cicero Tiro"] [member="Darren Jarok"] [member="Darth Malleus"] [member="Darth Seraphic"] [member="Desmond C'artyom"] [member="Donny Hex"] [member="Dr Dorfheim"] [member="DreadFate"] [member="Edric Vanyan"] [member="Erica Yeager"] [member="Grigori Tarasov"] [member="Jack Mirrikh"] [member="Jacky Duzzle"] [member="Joon"] [member="Kaira Ignis"] [member="Kouber-lai"] [member="Lady Agony"] [member="Lora Onone"] [member="Lovox Andar"] [member="Max Fel"] [member="MW-3168"] [member="Ostdern Mastogar"] [member="profile101"] [member="RN-4655"] [member="Ronen Jerik"] [member="Sai Fel"] [member="Salvor Arnex"] [member="Sanya Val Swift"] [member="Saul Darama"] [member="Sergius Maro"] [member="Talyn Krane"] [member="Tari Prule"] [member="Thom Betna"] [member="Uhtred Kjartan"] [member="Varren Kesk"] [member="Victor Adraas"] [member="Viru Lentus"] [member="Wilhelm Rehm"] [member="Sathona"] [member="Hans Vaiden"] [member="Jaegis Volasses"] [member="Gida Freetaa"] [member="Darth Doom"] [member="Vesphira So'Kil"] [member="Thanom"] [member="Elder Maxion"] [member="jbsdog"]

Moff Bruce Aar boarded his Victory IV class star destroyer hot from the orbital shipyards around Kothlis as it prepared to travel to Scarif, its job was to help with whatever needed done, whether it be protecting the other ships or landing troops. To Bruce the trip sounded more like sightseeing than fun, but you never know what fate could throw at you. He stepped into the turbolift that would take him to his quarters, they were located in the upper parts of the ship near the bridge. His holoprojector lit up, it was the captian of the ship, a clean shaven fresh faced man with close cut hair.
"were ready to depart" he said almost looking as bored as Bruce, "all supplies are ready"
"set course to Scarif"

I

“You are certain they will work as intended?” The curiosity in Aram’s voice was noted by the female Kaminoan who currently shared the bright lit quarters with the Director. “It is just I question the methods practical uses.

Tinel; a scientist and doctor of some regard on her home planet paused her work to look up at the crippled form sat on the medical table before her. “Do not worry Director Kalast, we have brought the process forward in leaps and strides in just the last few months alone. Any question of it’s practicality has been addressed in the reports we have been dispatching to your offices.”

“I understand that, but you have yet to use one beyond the test tube.” His hand, the one good one, ran along the scarred tissue of his violently removed missing arm. The whole thing still sent shivers done his spine, the flashing, the pain and the unknown. “I cannot afford failure on this one doctor.”

“If I thought it would fail would I have volunteered to the cause?” Her answer was swift and purposeful, filling Aram with unparalleled confidence.

“Okay then. Proceed.”

Desmond C'artyom was aboard the Bel'reen. After the battle of Hapes and Hypori he was granted the title of Baron. Now he was on his hiatus. Living life on a grand scale that he never quiet thought possible. He patrolled the frigate and men everywhere shook his hand or saluted him. Desmond was living the high life. He even had his own personal quarters aboard the vessel. It was lavish, with silk bed sheets and exotic furniture. Desmond entered his room and found a small bottle of wine waiting for him. How quaint, he thought to himself. The bottle held no regards as to who sent it, but when the Chiss peered out the door he spotted a pair of young female stormtroopers gigling away. He waved to them and when they realized they had been spotted they darted down the halls. "Hmph," It was strange, Desmond had never been hailed as a hero...

[member="Sanya Val Swift"]
[member="Aram Kalast"]
[member="Bruce Aar"]
[member="Travis Caalgen"]

Decimus

D
maxresdefault.jpg

Objective: Delivery of occupation force and construction materials to establish preliminary garrison upon the planetary surface.

Hypori had been a major victory for Aut-X. With the additional construction capabilities offered by the world combined with his own on Geonosis, he had initiated a mass build up of ships, battle droids and other material to ensure the tactical superiority of the Imperial Remnant in this critical time of expansion. Droids were far more easy to produce in great numbers than clones, and that fact would be crucial for aiding the organic Imperial Army while it continued building up it's own forces.

Upon hearing word of the recent rediscovery of Scarif, Aut-X had already mustered a huge invasion and supply fleet, ready to move on the world before other galactic powers sought to pry whatever secrets leftover from the ruined Imperial Data Centre before them. Around four dozen ships, a mix of Supply Ships, Munificents and other vessels from the High Moff's expansive armada, reinforced by an extra dozen vessels of the Imperial Navy, had departed from Hypori and were en-route to the tropical world.

Aut-X himself stood proudly aboard the bridge of his Providence-class Dreadnaught, The Metalled Fist, his chassis freshly repainted as a sign of unity with his new alignment, and a shiny new medal attached to his chestplate. "Open up communications with Director Caalgen, OM-5. I wish to update him on our status.", the Super Tactical Droid said monotonously. OM-5, a lowly B1 Battle Droid manning the communications terminal, nodded quickly. "Roger roger!", it chirped out in a quirky tone, sending the transmission. "Director Caalgen, this is High Moff Aut-X. My fleet is en-route to Scarif as we speak. We should arrive a short while after you do. My supply ships are carrying all supplies needed for establishing our primary outpost and beginning construction on the new data facility. This is a magnificent day for the Remnant.", the droid spoke, a hint of pride in his mechanical tone of voice.

[member="Travis Caalgen"]
[member="Bruce Aar"]
[member="Aram Kalast"]
[member="Desmond C'artyom"]

Travis Caalgen

T
II

Travis stood in front of the holoprojector that was currently displaying his good acquaintance, Imperial High Moff [member="Aut-x"], with his white duster draped over his back with his arms crossed in front of him. "Very well, we will be setting up a base camp at a suitable location for when you arrive. I implore you to make certain that you are not being followed by any enemies, we've already had several espionage incidents from the Galactic Alliance and their pets in the Outer Rim Coalition. Pleasant travels, Governor." The director said, a small smile appearing for a split second before the holocall ended.

Caalgen turned on the spot and strode to the exit of his personal quarters, downing a shot of Corellian brandy on his way out. He walked out into the corridor where two of his elite death troopers had taking up positions on either side of the door, he turned to one of them; a man several centimeters taller than the director, distinguished from other death troopers with a black pauldron on his right shoulder. "Lieutenant, I assume your new squad is ready, correct? I know it'll be different, Hypori was cruel to the Army, but we need the best to protect our scouting party on Scarif." Travis inquired, staring into the trooper's visor. "Yes, Director. The trainers at Kamino did an excellent job, the rest of the squad will rendezvous with us before we debark onto the planet." DT-5981 assured, nodding at the director.

The director returned the nod and moved left down the corridor, with the two death troopers trailing behind him like clockwork. A handful of minutes later, Travis entered the bridge; his protection detail returning to their guard stations next to the massive blast door. "Commander, how far along are we to Scarif?" The man asked, walking until he was beside the commander of the vessel, a lovely-looking female zygerrian by the name of Inkari. She turned towards him, her eyes leaving the viewports to look over him before responding "Around one or two hours, director. It had taken some guesswork on the part of our navigator, since we couldn't manually enter the coordinates into the computer without risking a lot. I suggest we ready the equipment before we arrive, that way we can get to work." The commander said.

"Excellent, please alert me if anything turns up." Caalgen said, before turning to leave. The bridge was only a stop for the man, his true destination lie in the research labs of the star frigate.

[member="Desmond C'artyom"] | [member="Aram Kalast"] | [member="Bruce Aar"]

Jaegis Volasses

IR Captain of the 705th Company
Jaegis was not pleased.
He sat in his quarters with his company, the Imperial Remnant's newly formed 705th, growling silently to himself. They hadn't long left the Hapes system after their failed attempt at reclaiming the planet of Hapes for the Empire, and all Jaegis had received was a silver medal to show his supposed bravery, and a title, one he felt no honor in bearing: 'Baron of the Empire. He had lost almost the entirety of the 705th, the company having put their lives ON THE LINE in defense of the planet, slaughtering thousands and nearly losing their lives. The mission was doomed from the start, but they didn't leave until command sent forward Purge Squadron to save them. There was no honor in running away. Why he was awarded for it, he had no true idea.

As angry as Jaegis was, he still felt that Purge Squadron wasn't the ones to blame for the decision. It was the Imperial high command. he still had to thank the man [member="Desmond C'artyom"] , who led the fighter group to save the lives of the ground force. For only a handful of the original 705th still stood with the Echani Captain.

Jaegis stood from his bed and left the crews quarters and made his way towards the more luxurious ends of the ship, for he knew the leader of Purge Squadron was indeed on the ship.

And Captain Volasses planned on thanking him personally.

Searching for his database on the ship's crews list, he found his quarters on a few levels beyond his, and pressed the bell to his door, buzzing softly beyond the plasteel door. He hoped Baron C'artyom was in fact in.

[member="Travis Caalgen"] *[member="Desmond C'artyom"] *[member="Aram Kalast"] *[member="Bruce Aar"]

Wandering Naval Officer
---------------------------------------------------​
Objective: Search for Data​
----------------------------------------------------------​
Sitting in his office waiting for the arrival in orbit around Scarif, Aran sent a hyperspace transmission off to the Imperial Remnant heads of state asking permission to do a search for some data, of which he would share with them. That was the requirement if Aran found anything he would have to make sure to turn it over to the Remnant involving data on Scarif. What he was looking for though were old shipyards or docking stations of both Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance forces in the area. Not really expecting to find the shipyards there hopefully the ruins of the Data center on Scarif would still have information stored in it to find some locations for them. Having to take the long way around Alliance space, it would be awhile until the arrival at Scarif, so Aran was spending the time looking over the roster for Task Force 191 and how he would give out new ships to their commanders once he found what he was looking for.​
Elsewhere on the ship operations were running as normal, "Weps" was at the conn as third officer, it would be his watch right now. Halsey was in her quarters as well looking over deployments to give Eversman once they arrived. Moreau was in engineering still, never sleeping and always working was her motto. Best engineer Aran could find. "Strike" and "Darkstar" were cleaning their T-70s just in case something were to happen, though nothing was expected.​

II

“You should feel a slight pinch.” Tinel explained to the Intelligence Director as she turned her back to him and pondered over a series of tools that had been laid out with perfection along the wall mounted table. A droid, a Medical model that resembled a floating ball more akin to the torture and interrogation droids of ancient times moved towards Kalast and with a subtle gentleness inserted a long needle into his shoulder stump.

The numbing effect was almost instant, yet still it created a particular burning sensation that covered the entirety of his upper torso. It was uncomfortable but no more then he was already used to after the injuries.
“Will we have the time necessary to complete the procedure enroute?” He requested as Tinel pressed a switch allowing a large pod to slid willingly from the wall to Aram’s left.

“I fear not, however I can prepare the connections and assure that we are indeed ready to interface the desired components.” The tall and limber scientist approached the newly revealed pod and entered a series of Kamino based symbols into a control box on the side allowing the door to slid upwards and show the clear screen to the liquid filled interior. Anyone else who may have been looking would have showed more surprise then the two already in presence, for within the tube was no random form.

It was a fully healed, uninjured carbon copy of Aram Kalast.

[member="Travis Caalgen"] | [member="Aram Kalast"] | [member="Jaegis Volasses"] | [member="Desmond C'artyom"]

Location: Hyperspace, on board the Bel’reen, en route to Scarif
Objective: Retrieve any useful data or salvageable technology on Scarif upon arrival

The blank, black, helmeted face of Thanom stared out into the vortex of the blue hyperspace lane. The Chiss hybrid was added to this mission by his superiors to retrieve any salvagable data or equipment on Scarif. It was by his understanding that the rediscovered tropical world served as a military installation during the time of Palpatine's Empire. Thanom postulated the thought of what secrets may lay there, if any.

Soon, he moved from the viewport and walked along the corridors. His armorweave cloak furrowed in the billow created by his steps. He made his way toward the dining hall. Naturally, some of the cadets and novice officers shrank back when they saw him. While his armor was little more than visually modified Stormtrooper armor by technological standards, Thanom had taken aesthetics from holos depicting Lord Vader and other intimidating figures of the Old Empire. Such was how the Chiss Ascendency had taught him, using psychological warfare when possible.

The dining hall was a clamor with various personnel. Stormtroopers, naval officers, other Imperial agents. There was a motion by higher ups to attempt to socialize these various branches. Thanom would rather have kept to himself in his quarters. Yet, he saw a need to know the others he'd be working with in the field. Coordination, cooperation, and trust were key to making a multi-manned mission go smoothly. He took a vacant table to the side, and reached for his helmet. He pressed the release mechanism, breaking the pressurized seal between helmet and body. He removed it, and watched out into the room, watching behaviors of others.

Desmond C’artyom lay in his bed. He was enjoying the soft pillowy cushions when he heard the bell ring. "More admirers," Desmond said with a smile. He hopped out of bed and slid his feet across the wampa rug that lined his floor. It wasn't that he wasn't happy to see more people greet him. He simply liked the feel of the fur between his toes. Desmond opened the door and was greeted by what appeared to be an Echani.

The man was tall, with dark silvery slicked back hair. He had deep grey eyes. Dark bags rounded the near humans features and the Chiss thought the man in dire need of sleep. "Hello! Come in, Come in!" Desmond said merrily as he waved the, officer, guessing by his uniform, into the private quarters.

"The name is Desmond, can I offer you some wine?" The Chiss asked as he withdrew two glasses from a nearby cabinet. He set them down on a black marble counter with a clink and uncorked the wine. He poured the two glasses and brought one up too his nose. He inhaled from the cup deeply. "Ahhh," He said with a satisfied grin "Alderanians make the finest red's"

Desmond turned to regard the Captain once more "So, what can I do you for?" He asked as he handed the man a glass.

[member="Jaegis Volasses"]

Jaegis Volasses

IR Captain of the 705th Company
Jaegis took the glass from Desmond's hand as he entered. He found the Chiss had made himself at home in his private quarters, a very lavish looking room complete with fluffy cushions and Alderanian wine. Unbelievable.

"Captain Jaegis Volasses of the 705th Imperial Remnant Company, Baron of the Empire. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, [member="Desmond C'artyom"] . I was a part of the ground forces during the campaign on Hapes. Our battalion was almost entirely decimated, and I would have died there had you and the rest of Purge Squadron not saved me. If anything, I believe I owe you the drink, my friend." Jaegis tapped his glass against Desmond's and nodded, though not once had he smiled; the Echani held the grim face of a man who had lost much.

"It appears we'll be working together on this next mission. Have you heard the rumours? This is where they held the plans to the Death Star during the Galactic Civil War." He motioned to nothing in particular as he spoke. "We're going to Scarif to search for Old Imperial secrets."

Wandering Naval Officer
Lurching out of hyperspace around Scarif, the Accuser would be something to behold.​
"Captain Piett to the bridge please."
With arriving at their destination Aran made his way up to the bridge. This was so he could oversee the operation he was leading for himself, with the permission of the Imperial Remnant. Cmdr. Halsey was already present on the bridge and called everyone's attention to Aran showing up.​
"Halsey that won't be necessary today. Send Comms to the Remnant that we are not here to start any trouble."
"Aye sir. Accuser command to all Remnant forces in the area, we are here on non hostile intentions. Repeat non hostile intentions."
Though Aran would hope that word was sent before hand it was best to make sure just in case. He was arriving in Resurgent Class for goodness sake.​
"Hanger, Conn. Send down the Search teams via the U-Wings, and make sure they have their IFFs on so the Remnant don't shoot them down."
"Conn, Hanger. Aye Captain prepping the search teams."
Aran started to walk back towards the door of the bridge, one thing he didn't tell anyone is he would be joining the search on the planet surface. As he passed Cmdr. Halsey would be when he spoke up about it.​
"Commander Halsey you have the Conn, I'm joining the search teams down on the planet."
"Sir? Is that advisable?"
"Don't worry Commander, there will be troopers with me for protection."
"Ugh....Okay Captain."
Walking out the door and making his way to the hanger, Aran could only hope he would find what he is looking for down there.​

Travis Caalgen

T
III

Around an hour had passed since his departure from the bridge and Director Caalgen was finished with his work in the laboratories; having finished another star ship design that had been backlogged for a few months. Just as he was about to head for his quarters, his holocommunicator lit up and sounded excitedly. Travis pressed a switch with his gloved finger and a hologram of the ship commander sprung up from the device, "Director, we are coming out of hyperspace in a few minutes. Long range scanners are already detecting a First Order star cruiser." She relayed, a tone of disapproval in her voice.

Caalgen froze, his face losing all of its remaining color. "We need to get to Scarif now, the data we received from Hypori said that there was a destroyed security complex on the planet; that must be what they're after. See if you can find the location of the complex and land us as close as possible, I fear that the First Order might steal some of the remaining data, if there is any." He choked, deactivating the holocommunicator after the commander gave him a nod. The director entered a frequency on the communicator, hoping to contact someone before they got to the planet;

"Director Kalast, there's been a change of plans. The First Order has beat us to Scarif."

[member="Desmond C'artyom"] | [member="Aram Kalast"] | [member="Aut-x"] | [member="Bruce Aar"] | [member="Aran Piett"] | [member="Jaegis Volasses"] | [member="Thanom"]

III

“I want this door open.” Aram felt the spit slide from between his teeth as he shouted towards the sealed bulkhead, a trio of white glossed stormtroopers already positioning the boarding lasers ready to remove the obstacle as rifles and blasters were drawn. “NOW!”
“Breach.” A flash of sparks and the door was gone. Red shots flowed through the air, Aram dodging one as he tried to get a shot off at the fleeing trio down the corridor.

He opened his eyes.

“You are feeling okay?” Tinel asked, not a concern truly crossing her face as it turned to face the Director.

“Not the most comforting feeling.” Aram replied as he returned to a seated position. However the numbing solution through his torso was the last thing he was thinking of. “Did it work.”

“I can say that it definitely made connection. We should be ready for green light upon arrival at Scarif.” It was a promising development, at least for Aram who was starting to see the end of a long and painful tunnel. However he wasn’t ready for what was about to come next.

“Director Kalast, there’s been a change of plans. The First Order has beat us to Scarif.” Caalgen’s voice pierced through the room.
“Out.” Aram shot at the scientist who did not overstay her welcome. The room darkening as she left and the orange glow of terminals fired up across the walls. “I want identity on what they are doing there, get me whose in charge, and what orders have been issued. All reports, all channels.”

“All of them?” A voice distorted itself through the terminal.

“All of them.” Aram said as he slid his jacket back on. “Now.”

[member="Travis Caalgen"] | [member="Aram Kalast"]

Location: Hyperspace, on board the Bel’reen, en route to Scarif
Objective: Retrieve any useful data or salvageable technology on Scarif upon arrival

Just as the Agent was being settled in the dining hall, a light flickered on the wrist of his armor. A built in communication device strictly linked to the Intelligence network. He grabbed his helmet, placing it back on with a hiss of resealing the suit. He stood and walked briskly past a great majority of people. He knew the urgency of which to respond to the message being sent across to him, and likely to other intelligence personnel. He went back to the room serving as his temporary quarters. Sparse and grey, just like many other imperial quarters.

With the door slid behind him and locked, he pressed the device, receiving the intel the higher command sent. It was a recording of Director Caalgen notifying Thanom’s superior. A First Order ship near the intended destination of Scarif. Those false inheritors were likely after the same supposed technology remnants that his own people were after. He nodded and patched into Intelligence communication​.n

”Intelligence. This is Agent Thanom. Operating number IA-657. I have been briefed to the current situation. What are your orders?” His voice came in slightly modulated from his helmet.

He stood inside of his quarters, awaiting a response from his superiors as to his next course of action. Situations such as this needed to be handled with subtlety and clear communication.

Wandering Naval Officer
UT-60D U-Wing​
Three U-wings launched from the Accuser, with two TIE/IN escorts each. Aran stood holding on to one of the hand holds as the ship made it's way past the rubble of the shield gate that used to house a planetary shield network. It wouldn't be long till they reached the surface, and once down the Tech team would get to work searching for data regarding old rebellion hideouts as well as some old Imperial shipyards. Aran made a note to send the Imperial shipyard data to the Remnant since this was their space, but the rebellion hideout data he would keep for himself. This was the terms Aran had to agree to so he would be allowed to get the data he wanted on the rebellion's old hide outs. It wasn't a bad deal, both parties got what they would want out this.​
"Sir what exactly are we looking for down there?
One of the technicians asked Aran, as the clear objective of this mission was kept from everyone but command staff, and the Emperor Graf.​
"Sgt. we are looking for data on old rebellion hideouts, anywhere they might have hidden starships. Also we need to look for intact Imperial Shipyards, for both us and the Remnant."
"Rebellion hideouts sir?"
"Yes you heard me correctly, there are somethings they had I would like to get my hands on for future fights with the Alliance."
The technician nodded knowing not to argue with Aran.​
"Planetfall in five minutes."
The pilot of the U-wing called out to the men in the back letting them know the time frame of landing.​
[member="Travis Caalgen"] | [member="Aram Kalast"]​

[SIZE=10.5pt]Desmond watched as the man took the glass and with a merry smile Des tapped his own against his comrades. The stranger's name was [member="Jaegis Volasses"]. He was a fellow Baron like Desmond himself. A mere title only, but one that commanded respect of all those around. The Echani was part of the 705th, a battalion of Stormtroopers that had almost been entirely wiped out on Hapes. Desmond nodded following the man's words intently. At hearing how the Echani lost so many comrades Desmond's face grew grim. Hapes was a mess in which many good men were sent to their deaths. Desmond understood now why the man looked so forbidding. The army had been smashed on that planet. Still, the Empire prevails [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Desmond thought to himself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"Think nothing of it, but I am always up for a stiff drink!" Desmond said still trying to sound happy. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The man talked of rumors. Common trooper banter Des was sure, but to every rumor there was always a hint of truth...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"I do look forward to working with the new 705th! Scarif you say?" The planet was legend in Imperial history, said to have been the birthplace of the Death Star. It was known by every Imperial that had half a brain. When the planet was lost many tried desperately to find it, but none ever could. Still Desmond was unsure of the Echani's words. At least until he received a transmission. Desmond's table top holo com began beeping and Desmond made his way towards it. He pressed a button and the room was lit up by a faint blue light. A tall overseer from Imperial intelligence stood atop the table. He was thin with a gaunt face. His uniform was trim and neat. The man looked ever the professional.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"C'artyom, gather your things. Your R & R has ended. Group with your squadron. You will be accompanied by another, a new agent by the name of @Thanom. He graduated top of his class and was immediately recommended for your elite team. You will also be given the support of the 705th. You may need the extra firepower. The First Order has beaten us to the planet..." The man said grimly.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"I don't care how well he did at the academy, the newbie will only slow my squadron and I down," Desmond protested[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"You will do as you're told Baron," [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]The man said Desmond's title with utter disdain "Despite your recent success you'd be wise to remember your place, Watcher 3 out," And with that the hologram faded to nothing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]"Looks like the rumors were true," Desmond said quietly to Jaegis "You better go prepare your troops. I have to find the recruit, I'll see you planetside comrade,”[/SIZE]

Travis Caalgen

T
IV

The IRV Bel'reen and its occupants had been placed on high alert ever since confirmation came in from previous probe droids as well as intercepted transmissions that the First Order had dared to intrude in Imperial territory. It was a sickening sight indeed to the disgruntled director, why would they of all factions travel all the way across the galaxy at random to a planet that was just recently rediscovered by the Imperial Remnant, did a spy leak the information? While the Imperials had helped the Order during the Battle of Asmeru, they did not take lightly to such 'over-reach' by the other Imperials.

This sentiment was being held very dearly by the director as he strolled onto the bridge of the Bel'reen, his white duster trailing on the durasteel deck until he took his place neck to the commander. Reversion started and hyperspace disappeared before them, the bluish gleam being replaced by stretched stars that steadily retracted until they were normal; with the tropical planet of Scarif suddenly appearing in front of the vessel. "They brought a damned Resurgent-class, into our space." Commander Inkari breathed, her nostrils flaring in anger at the situation before her.

"Director," An ensign in the crew pits started, turning away from his console station "They're declaring non-hostile intentions, we've also detected them beaming a transmission addressed to the Grand Moff asking for permission to search the planet". Travis' eyebrows raised in a mixture of surprise and indignation "And they're proceeding to search anyway?!?!?!" The director shrieked in a heated whisper. Caalgen was about to take action, preferably by informing Governor Aut-X of the predicament; that was until the entire ship rocked violently in the atmosphere of the planet.

A planetary turbolaser fired powerful bursts of heat and energy directed at the vulnerable, moreso than the Resurgent-class, frigate, piercing the shields with the first shot and rupturing the ship into two with the second. Gravity began to take effect, and the segments of broken ship were being drawn onto the planet; the reinforced hull taking the brunt of the atmospheric entry. Outside of the bridge viewports, of which Travis and the commander were pressed against, archipelagic islands were fast approaching until finally their part of the ship impacted, sending sand and trees in all directions.

[member="Desmond C'artyom"] | [member="Aran Piett"] | [member="Aram Kalast"] | [member="Jaegis Volasses"] | [member="Thanom"] | [member="Bruce Aar"] | [member="Aut-x"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom