Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solitary Man

P0Hs1nU.jpg
The World of Commenor,
The Eldritch Mountain Wilderness.
The open sky over the fresh Eldritch Wilderness was a sight to behold on a morning such as this, the Sun slowly climbing to full rise, rays of light bristling down through the branches of the tree's to shower the green laden floor before him; Veiere Arenais walked the forest adorning the former robes of a life now long behind him. To many a Force User they would no doubt make him out to be one of their own, though here in the obscurity of Commenor's wilderness and only a few hundred kilometers from his home now absent of his family's presence, he expected only the seldom company of his thoughts.

[member="Lady Kay"] had agreed to his request to remain on Commenor in his Exile, though in truth he deserved no release at all and nor did her people realize that he had been detained and later let go without true consequence. She had yet again found favor for he whom had earned anything but, grown soft in her love for him, Veiere had questioned her choice and expected she might come to regret it later. In this, he was genuine and today he walked without arms nor armaments, carrying no weapons and only the surrounding presence of the Force; all else had been forfeit that he might find peace again.

Forgiveness was a farcry from his name, seeking no attempt to earn what would never be on offer from those he had risen up against and those he had betrayed; Veiere understood his fate and that which he had brought upon himself, that which he had been so fortunate to avoid and that which he might have done to another whom owned his very crimes. Today, he took part in no Order, no congregation of followers, none to lead nor influence; his path was once more his own to walk and that path he expected would end here where he and his former wife had come to upon the dying days of the Galactic Republic.

Oh how times had changed.

Ahead of him somewhere were the sounds of a flowing river or stream, from where he stood he could not see it yet the air felt noticeably cooler and the flow of waters running rapid offered a distraction from his mind condemning himself so. Nature was a heart warming sight to be surrounded by, the tree's and the sounds of the birds, the far off animals that roamed and the memories of a day where he once admired these things so much for the purest form of the Force that it flowed so strongly throughout. Often he had meditated in such places for the call that came only with the essence of life in such a bloom, the hull of a ship or the permacrete walls of the cities towers never able to offer him such a genuine solace.

Pulling the Talaria in for a landing Aten stopped one last time his head resting against the steering yolk. He couldn’t believe what he was doing, what would Romi say? What would the Jedi Praxeum think? Would they think that the young Jedi had betrayed them? That he was slowly embracing the darkness? Aten had arrived on Commenor for one simple reason, he wished to meet one who used to be a Grandmaster, the one who had been the brightest light, the Jedi he’d heard stories about. One who stood for peace above all else, who had been a pillar for all Jedi to lean on. Aten just wanted to know why? Rising from his seat Aten moved to exit the ship. Each step emphasized by his heartbeat, it hammered away relentlessly at the Morellian’s chest. His hands opened and closed as Aten fought off the nervousness that clutched at his heart. His mind full of ifs and possibilities. He had heard that only Sith dealt in absolutes but an absolute outcome would’ve been more comforting to Aten.

Stepping off the landing ramp Aten took in his surroundings, the scent of fresh pine on the ground. The air here was fresh, so unlike many of the ecumenopolis planets that inhabited the galaxy. Here Aten felt at peace with the world, he could feel the force as it flowed freely all around him. In the birds that tweeted above, in the trees that reached to the sky their shrubbery shielding those below from the sun. It was magnificent, how could one ever think to bring harm to such a world? The dirt and leaves crunched beneath Aten’s feet as he stepped down from the landing ramp.

The chances of his quarry being here were slim to none, nonetheless, Aten had to try. He’d come too far to turn back now, he was here and he intended on getting answers. Dressed in a gold coat Aten stood out like a sore thumb, the black shirt and pants didn’t help either as they simply made the boy stand out more as he moved past the trees. They all looked the same and as he looked back Aten could no longer see his vessel. I’m not lost… I know my way back! He assured himself before continuing his march forward though at the very back of his mind Aten knew, he just knew that he was lost.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

Veiere Arenais had never made it any secret to those he had ever associated with that while his dedication had taken to various corners of the Galaxy, his heart had forever remained here on Commenor with [member="Lady Kay"] and his family. The Royal House Arenais was today not so much of a household such as it was an estranged family to him, fault of his own doing of course though from what he had been told last, they all remained healthy and for the most part they were comfortable in their lives. Suffice it to say that one whom sought the old man out, with the right contacts, would naturally find themselves coming to the Capital World of the Commenor Systems Alliance sooner or later, and as luck would have it, [member="Aten Ramses"] was a man in the right place at the right time.

The younger man was nowhere in sight though from wherever he had landed his vessel and however far he had roamed from it, Veiere had come within close enough range to pick up on the faint presence of another person clearly sensitive to the Force, no doubt a practitioner themselves with the sensation that the Force was bringing to him. This brought Veiere's stride to a gradual halt and he pausing to turn and gaze into the distance, his expression having tightened and there seeming to be some reluctance upon his brow.

There were numerous reasons for why a Force Practitioner might have come to Commenor, though few to be out this far without a specific goal in mind and Veiere could think of few outside of his own interests. As of yet, he could not tell whether this person was of a threat to himself, though in his time he had scorned both the Jedi and the Sith, later abandoning the Dark Jedi Order to return to Commenor with the barrel of [member="Koda Fett"]'s blaster pointed at his back. Despite this, he held no intention of returning to Rannon, nor did he plan on taking up his old life again. The quiet peaceful environment that he and this stranger shared was now all that the Exile required to live out his days and no longer bring burden to anyone.

Moving to seat himself upon the bark of a fallen tree, he considered the new arrival for a time. He was without his lightsabers, without his armor having chosen not to take them up following his recent incarceration and subsequent release (a leap of faith that his wife had taken). His Force Signature was dulled with the intention of keeping others from tracking him down and thus, the newcomer likely hadn't picked up on his trail as of yet, though he seemed to be doing a damn sight better than any other had they the care to come looking for him. Truthfully, his name didn't mean much to the Galaxy these days, nor to himself.

Curiosity however seemed to play upon the edge of his mind and sighing under his breath to himself, with a slow shake of his head in resignation, he opened himself up that this newcomer might feel his presence within the Force should he the desire. Neither light nor dark, the power that flowed around the Exile seemed detached and hollow, indifference and indecisiveness a common trait of the former Jedi Master turned traitor King and the so called 'Devil of Deneba'.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Find him when she was ready so that they could talk. That was what [member="Veiere Arenais"] had told her when she had let him go from his cell for the second time.

Kay had first tried to find him at their Estate. But he wasn't there. So where was he? There didn't seem to be any clues at the estate that showed any sign of struggle or attack. Hmm.

Given that there was no one around, she opened herself up to the Force, letting her signature be brought to bear and searched for him through the Force Bond that they shared. From what she could tell, he was far, but still on the planet. If only she had her wedding rings on her. With those she'd of been able to send him a clear message. But those were hidden away by Olivia, one of Kay's staff. She had to show a symbol of her seperation from her husband and the lack of wedding rings was a clear sign.

But it had it's drawbacks.

Regardless, she left an impression for him that she was looking for him. She couldn't very well announce it to her staff of what she was doing, for if they were to find out, they'd both be in trouble. And trouble was the last thing that she needed.

Kay took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. She'll find him and they'll be able to have the talk that they needed to have. But first she had to pinpoint his location and do so discreetly.

"Oh Veiere... where in the Force did you go?" Hopefully no trouble would come to him either.

[member="Aten Ramses"]

Hand flailing about in the air Aten swatted at the bugs that buzzed around his face landing on his neck looking to feed on the Jedi’s blood. Their number simply increased as he began to perspire the heat of the forest getting to the Morellian. Not only that but Aten had to finally admit that he was lost, he couldn’t tell one part of the forest from another and when he’d tried to return to his ship he’d only made the situation worse. Aten allowed himself to open to the force once more as he’d done over the course of his search and this time like all the others he couldn’t sense anything besides the presences of the animals. Stopping Aten began to doubt himself, had he been wrong? He’d heard tale that this was Veiere’s home, so where was he? Had he fled to the far Unknown Regions to never be heard from again.

Just as he was giving up hope Aten felt it, a presence that stole the air from his very lungs. It wasn’t the pillar of light he’d always imagined… No, this one was weary, tired, hollow. In it, Aten could still feel the strength of what had once been. Heart hammering Aten felt excitement welling up within himself, his feet hammered against the ground as he moved at a dead sprint towards the presence. The blonde ponytail whipped behind the Jedi as he began covering the ground between himself and his quarry. Breaking free of the underbrush Aten entered a clearing where before him sitting on the remains of a tree he saw him. The Devil of Deneba, the true Grandmaster of the Jedi, and whatever other titles Veiere had acquired over his years.

The image before Aten was not what he expected, the exile wore disheveled robes, torn and frayed as though they’d seen every battle within the past five years, Veiere’s face was worn, drawn, and looked far older than Aten remembered hearing tales about. Biting his lower lip Aten drew slightly closer not sure if Veiere knew he was there. “Master Veiere?” The words left the Morellian’s mouth before he could stop them but, in a way, Veiere was akin to a grandfather due to having been Romi Jade’s master for a time. They may have never met yet Aten felt a bond, a connection to the elderly individual.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Lady Kay"]

"...Master Veiere?".
The voice came from somewhere off to his side, or behind him; Veiere's gaze lifted from the sight of the dirt and grass around him to exhale a shallow breath before speaking up without even turning to face the younger man, "If you've come in search of a Master, you've wasted your time...-There is no one like that here". His words were genuine despite the sense of discouragement he put fourth to this newcomer, Veiere spoke true as he no longer considered himself a Jedi nor a Master of anything. No rightful and true Master would have done the things that he had done over the past couple years and wound up in such a place within themselves.

However he had come to earn the reputation, or the title of the 'True Grandmaster of the Jedi Order' Veiere was not aware of it, nor would he have understood it had he known. It felt like another life-time since he had served the Order and the Galaxy walking down the Jedi Path in life. Three decades of service felt like a life-time in itself, and thus easily separated from the life that he identified with today. Judging from the younger lad's aura and how the Force seemed to swirl around him in an almost tranquil motion, Veiere knew him to be of a better nature, one that most often accompanied those of the Jedi as opposed to the Sith and other Darksiders.

Pulling his Robes around him some, Veiere considered the fact that this [member="Aten Ramses"] knew his name as well as his history, or at-least his former rank and role in the Order. Truth be told, he couldn't remember the last time he was in the presence of someone so decidedly aligned with the light. [member="Lady Kay"]'s Force Sensitivity remained a secret, yet her stance in life and her beliefs differed from Veiere's when it came to the living Force and she aligned with neither side, forever keeping up with her reputation for being unbiased and neutral in almost all things.

"You're a long way from home, boy" Veiere spoke up once more, reluctantly deciding it better than to ask questions whereas he wished to avoid waking snakes, so to speak; "Turn back the way you've come from. There is nothing out here for someone like yourself".

Veiere didn’t even turn to meet Aten’s eyes but with the words that followed Aten felt a slight stab in his heart, this man had truly given up. It was in his voice, his presence, his mannerisms. Veiere didn’t believe himself the master that he truly was. Aten stepped forward cautiously he didn’t want to startle the Master, his hands held at his side. “You can say that, but I felt it. I felt your presence, you revealed it to me.” Moving slightly closer Aten would begin to circle around to the front of Veiere fully looking upon the once Grandmaster. “I’m standing before the master I came to see.” Head tilting to the side Aten noted the heavily graying beard that Veiere sported and slightly wild as if the man hadn’t shaved in weeks.

Taking in the state of his robes Aten slightly sniffed the air, how long had it even been since the man had bathed or left these woods. Reaching into his pocket Aten took out two nutrition bars, offering one to the master. Whether Veiere took it or not Aten would lower his hand letting the bar float out before the man to claim. Lowering himself to the ground one leg crossed over the other Aten offered a faint smile, tears welling up in his eyes. Before Aten sat the hero he’d come in search of. “I’ve been a long way from home for a while now… You were the one who made that happen. It was stories of your actions, your deeds that drove me. I would look at holonet articles and see your name mentioned here and there, tales of your achievements.” Tears beginning to well up in Aten’s eyes the Morellian wiped them away not letting them fully surface.

“You say there is nothing for me here but I know who you truly are. I simply want to thank you, without you I would’ve never seen the galaxy. I also wouldn’t have nearly died on Alderaan, nor bore witness to the fall of Coruscant. Still I don’t regret a moment, nor idolizing you. You showed me a path that I never imagined possible as a child, and I will forever be grateful.” Teeth now biting at the side of his upper lip Aten looked around at the surroundings taking them in, waiting to see what the one time Grandmaster wished to say. Aten would stand determined in spite of whatever words the man threw at him to push him away. He'd come a long way to find Veiere and he didn't plan on leaving anytime soon.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

"Indeed, I let my presence here be known to you. This does not make one a Master...", his curiosity had been enough to justify doing so and now it seemed this newcomer felt as though he understood who Veiere Arenais was, despite never having met the younger Man to his knowledge. Supposed stories of the past, spoken about as though Veiere was some sort of hero famed and idolized like younglings do their action figures and such; he shook his head in disbelief, a pessimistic chuckle in skepticism escaping him.

"You know nothing about me aside from what stories you've read, half of which are likely to be exaggerated knowing the Holonet..." His answer was firm, spoken without pause as he felt confident in this; It seemed rather unlikely that this lad hadn't read about the incident on Deneba where Veiere had attacked and slaughtered those remaining Jedi within the Enclave. Those whom had been too proud to leave with the rest of the Order and thus stood in the path of the former Master's disgrace. Some of those that he had struck down had been younger than [member="Aten Ramses"] and thus speaking to Veiere as though he were someone to be looked up to and favored for his actions over the years, it only reminded the Exile of his fall from grace, so to speak.

"Nor do I have any idea as to what your name is, where you're from and where you have this ridiculous notion that we might share common ground. If you've come looking for training, looking for some sort of Mentor, you've wasted your time" Veiere lifted his right arm and waved him off dismissively as if to suggest his time was up and he were to leave. In Veiere's mind, the Jedi Master this one sought had died long ago, before Deneba and the Dark Jedi Order, back during his isolation following his resignation from the throne over Commenor. Too much time and little to fill it with had led to a gradual depression and in that time where his days slowly grew darker, so too did his mind wane and the Force start to feed off of his emotional state; in his subconcious, it was Veiere himself whom had allowed that man to die and given up on pursuing the life he had once been so proud of.

[member="Lady Kay"].

Kay-Larr

It took some time and focus, but Kay was able to get some sort of pinpoint on the location of her estranged husband. Guiding the pilot of her shuttle, she was surprised to find another vessel in the area. "Drop her down beside it and wait for my return...And try to get some ID on which government that ship belongs to." The pilot nodded and followed her instructions.

Kay in the meantime prepared herself for what was to come. Had someone discovered that [member="Veiere Arenais"] was here instead of being exiled from CSA space? Was her secret about him to be blown? She couldn't afford that. There'd be an outcry, a possible uprising and she'd be forced to give her estranged husband an even worse punishment. The whole situation was just plain awful.

She walked quickly down the shuttle ramp once it was opened, dressed not in any royal robes, but in something a little more discreet. She was going into the woods afterall and not to some party. There were natural elements here, as opposed to political ones. However, with the strange ship nearby, Kay had to shrink her Force signature down to that of a small tree nut, as she had no intension of letting her secret out.

As she walked through the trees towards the clearing, she heard the voices of both [member="Aten Ramses"] and Veiere, the former of which she did not recognize. Kay approached quietly, but did not interrupt. Instead she wanted to study the situation. Just what was it that this young man wanted from her estranged husband? Veiere didn't exactly look very interested. In fact, Veiere didn't look very interested in anything but of being left alone.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Lady Kay"], [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Aten Ramses"],

There was a brief distortion in the cold forest air above the crows of trees when Kay walked down the ramp of her shuttle, silent movement of a cloaked vessel that tailed her moving away to a safer location. One of the higher branches on a redwood shook gently as something unseen landed on it, a pair of crimson photoreceptors flashing briefly from behind a stealth field, watching Key from above.

The droid wasn't there for Veiere, he didn't knew why Kay was heading into the forest, he did heard of their recent trouble with TSE and wanted to make sure that his interests within Commenor would still be kept according to his schemes. The fact she was going into such an isolate location just made it easier for him to contact her without public at large knowing of their meeting. It was a good thing too, the droid was tired of waiting for an occasion to infiltrate her palace again, and each minute he spent away from dreamless sleep within his steel, stasis sarcophagus he grew more and more cranky.

HK followed behind Kay, hidden by his chameleon cloak, muffled by sound dampeners built into his Phrik body. When she finally stopped to look upon the situation, the machine moved to stand next to her, looking upon the meeting of Veiere with a younger Jedi, although HK probably didn't knew that Aten was a Force-user. Kay would hear a whoosh of material as the droid flicked his cloak off from around him, unwrapping it and deactivating its stealth field.

As he pulled the large hood back, his figure would materialize itself next to Kay, tall and slender, although its usually skeletal appearance was hidden behind chitinous armor plates and black flesh-like substance that the droid used as his armor, a Vong-shaped armor that covered him from head to toe, forming a helmet with a Mandalorian styled T-shaped opening from the way its protective plates were layered. His heavy black cloak cascaded off of his shoulders and down his back, and although there were many weapons on his belt, including lightsabers, he did not reach for them.

For now he just stood and watched like Kay, letting her or Veiere have the first word. Perhaps Kay recognized him as the being that was able to elicit out a confession out of her as to just how CSA really begun, perhaps she could not recall that night. If she did at least she knew that the machine was able to keep a secret when it suited him.

Head jerking back as though smacked Aten felt his cheeks flush, how could this man simply dismiss him as though he were ignorant of what had truly happened? Any who delved into the holonet or had spent any amount of time dealing with those of the galactic underbelly knew what Veiere Arenais had done. The bounty was more than enough confirmation. “I know more than just the articles, I know what you’ve done and I shan’t simply be dismissed because you can’t forgive yourself.” Rising up his voice rising with him Aten stared down at the man before him, he didn’t truly know what still ailed Veiere, if he didn’t believe he was worthy of forgiveness, of carrying the title of Jedi again? There were probably far more aspects and delicate matters Aten wasn’t taking in but he wouldn’t simply leave as though some youngling.

No movements were made to leave, Aten simply stood looking down to the defunct master. It was an understatement to say that his idolizations of the man had been crushed akin to a bug beneath a boot. His thoughts on finding a man seeking redemption tainted, spoiled. “I didn’t come here for a mentor, not exactly. My master was once your student.” At this point, Aten had nothing left to lose, either he’d be dismissed or forced to leave so dropping his master's name was the only thing that came to mind. “I am Aten Ramses, student of Romi Jade. Once your apprentice and friend. I know far more than holonet stories, I’ve fought alongside her and never came here in an attempt to ask for your mentorship… Not exactly.”

Biting the inside of his cheek now eyes glancing over the trees and forest surrounding the two Aten once more focused on Veiere. “I came to ask you for help, you understood the light in such a way you could summon a pure manifestation of it. I need to know what you did. The galaxy is so full of chaos, death, hatred and each day the Sith grow in number. Not even Romi has such an ability, I don’t seek to fully understand it yet but even a bit of knowledge, the tiniest fragment could help make the difference.”

“If for no other reason do this not for me idolizing you, not in the name of clout or me having bragging rights. I just want to help the others and to let you know that there is still hope for you. That you can still be redeemed."

@HK-36 @Lady Kay [member="Veiere Arenais"]

Kay-Larr

The sound by her ear caught Kay's attention first. She turned her head towards it, just in time to see [member="HK-36"] appear out if thin air beside her. For a moment she just stood there staring at him, silent as ever. Her mind was racing as she went through all of the different reasons that HK could be there for. He was fully armed, yet didn't reach for a weapon. At least not yet.

Kay stepped back into the trees more, not wanting to interrupt [member="Veiere Arenais"] and his apparent fan [member="Aten Ramses"] while she spoke to HK. If there was some way for her estranged husband to feel wanted again, well, that was all the better for him and his mental state. In the meantime she needed to learn of this sudden appearance by the Metal Lord.

Her voice was low while she spoke to him. "What are you doing here? Were you following me?" It seemed that privacy was something that she was losing even more of. Even in her sleep, she was under watch.

"My master was once your student".

The statement caused Veiere to sit up somewhat from his slouched position; [member="Aten Ramses"] stepping around to stand before the Exile and looking down upon him which did little to encourage co-operation between the two. Forever had he sought to treat those around him as though they stood on equal footing with him, even that of his students within the Dark Jedi Order. A brief and farce dream he held once, now allowed to find their own path without him.

"I am Aten Ramses, student of [member="Romi Jade"]...".

A silent breath escaped him as the name of his former Jedi Padawan was mentioned. Not only had the Woman been his apprentice in the ways of the Jedi Path but so too was she the only one that Veiere had not failed to teach and complete her training. Her learning of course would endure on, long after the Knighting Ceremony, though she had come far and Veiere had been most proud of her then. He was also grateful now that she had not been upon the world of Deneba the day that he had come for the Enclave...

And so it was that this boy would reveal exactly why he had come in search of Veiere, the ability to utilize the Light of the Force in such a way that he might literally obliterate the Darkside. It was true that Veiere had learned and Mastered the ability, it was one of the few greater strengths he had held during his time as a Jedi Master; to cast such a thing upon someone else however took a tremendous amount of effort and was an ability that Veiere considered a last resort for any who would call themselves Jedi...-There was also the fact that he had not practiced this since before he had resigned from the Jedi Order and given the role of Grandmaster to Romi Jade in the hope that she would see the Council grow and no longer would the rank be required.

"I've not practiced the ability in a great many years..." he admitted, though he presumed this would discourage Atten Ramses and therefore have to risk the teaching of an ability so powerful that it could bind and purge the very essence of the Force within another. While he had never attempted the practice since his descent into darkness, he assumed that to do so would require his return to the Light, and this was something that Veiere Arenais did not consider possible. Or perhaps he refused to believe it possible under the premise that he did not deserve it. Either way, he had his reasons.

"Does your Master know that you have come here?".

[member="HK-36"] | [member="Lady Kay"]

"I've not practiced the ability in a great many years..."

The words were nothing but a convenient excuse in Aten’s eyes, one didn’t simply forget how they once utilized an ability they mastered. Years could’ve gone by without even an ounce of practice and it would still come back to that person once they began using it again. It seemed more so that the exile was filled with fear to once more tread down that path. “It may have been years but it is still within you, you still hold the knowledge of how you harnessed it. Even if you can’t demonstrate it you could teach me. But I still believe there is light within you.” This wasn’t a ploy, it was apparent in Aten’s tone that he was confident in Veiere’s own skill and knowledge. “You know I once heard a story about how eventually everything falls to the darkness, that even the brightest lights cast the darkest shadow, but in the end it takes only a single candle to hold the darkness at bay. I know its still in you.

This question made Aten visibly wince once more, he hadn’t told his master where he’d wandered off to, he often didn’t. “Master Romi believes in her students and trusts us whether it be on the battlefield or in life. She may not agree with the decisions I make but she has enough faith in her students to know we’ll do what’s right.“ An answer that didn’t truly answer Veiere’s question but it was what Aten could offer… Yet hiding the truth from the exile would possibly do nothing more than end with more denial. Visibly sighing his shoulders sagging Aten fell back to the ground his hands placed on either side of his head. “No, I didn’t tell her where I was going, everything else is true though. She does put a lot of trust in us.

Aten didn’t know if his arguments had managed to penetrate the seemingly thick skull of the exile but he could only hope that they did. Believing in himself once more would be the first step to Veiere’s recovery. If even Sith that had killed millions upon millions could be redeemed Aten was certain Veiere could do the same if not, at the very least be able to find peace within himself and life.

@Veiere Arenais [member="Lady Kay"]

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Lady Kay"], [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Aten Ramses"],

"Of course I was following you, I am surprised you did not assume that I always follow you. I once spent a week surveying your palace while disguised as your refrigerator. You need to cut down on your sodium intake by the way."

The droid begun with a quip, side-glancing at Kay before watching, and recording, the interaction between Veiere and Aten from their off to the side spot,

"And do I always need to have a reason to do something? Not everything has a scheme behind it, perhaps for once I got bored and lonely and decided to pay you a visit. That said, I heard about your trouble with the Sith and the way they are holding you prisoner in your own space, as if they were grounding a child. Nice going with the whole neutrality thing, by the way, I can really see its benefits now."

HK said dryly, taking a jab at Kay in reference to their previous discussions, specifically his predictions on how the Sith and other Empires would turn against them as well.

"Either way, I have a scheme that could help you with your situation, so do not worry, although I am the greatest bounty hunter in existence, I did not came here for your husband."

The droid informed Kay before side glancing at her once more,

"Although being guided to his hiding place on Commenor is a hyper-cherry on top of all of this. You need to deal with this, I would have been able to find him even without your help, if I needed to, but if that small child over there,"

At that the machine motioned to Aten,

"Found him as well, then that means others might not be too far behind."

HK pointed out before turning to watch Veiere and Aten once more,

"And if I may, if you would have taken me up on my offer of political marriage between Commenor and the Droid Kingdoms, this would not be a problem you would have to deal with."

The light and dark were curious and fickle things.

Many sought for one or the other. The light to bring a rein of judgement upon those who sought ill will towards those who could not defend themselves. The dark for its corruption, its raw power and potential. Some stood somewhere in between. Never having a real side. Then there are others who can't choose a side. They are lost. Men and women who find themselves somewhere inbetween, without wanting to be. They desire to choose, but cannot find themselves doing so. They are Lost within the force. Exiled by those who have chosen a side, or done of their own volition.

It seems that the once spark of light I had seen within a man was slowly fading. Thoughts were clouded as this man would find himself guilty of falling into the depths of the darkness. Beating himself over and over again for the fact that he did so. His mistakes were what caused him to be exiled. Moreover, from his own wife. Looking down at the ring I wore, it reminded me greatly to the time when I created a set of bands for the two. So that they may always be connected. While I have no clue as to what happened to those bands, I had the inkling of a feeling that Veiere had removed his. He put himself into an exile, just as much as the people who had once trusted him did.

I knew better.

Living alone, without anyone to aid you, to guide you, or to keep you on the straight and narrow was difficult. I had befallen such scenario before. Now, it seems that those who had once been allies to the man had left him. I blamed myself for this. I could have prevented this. I could have stopped the man many loved and cared for from falling. It saddened me to see this. How to repent for a sin such as this? One could only do so through trial and error.

The Jedi Order that I had once taught students at, so that they may not fall to such depths that this man did, or the Darker order that followed the man for his vengeful hate against what was done so long ago, that many failed to remember. Veiere was trying to find a balance, but was doing so with the weight of suns. When the process should be done with grains of sand. A young one sought out the teachings, the intelligence, and the aid of the man. How could one such as myself know? I kept a watchful eye over those within the Commenori system. I kept to the shadows. I never interfered for fear of causing more damage. I could have swayed the mind of Kay, or turned the tide of Veiere. Yet, I did not. Veiere held a respect for me long ago due to my fall, and my desire to not be as such. However, it seems it was not in the cards for me to be of the Light. Thusly, my efforts were for Veiere. Even as he attacked the Jedi temple, I wanted to prevent the death and injury to what he had created.

However, there was one thing that changed. I could feel the emotions of not just the downtrodden Master, and the eager child. I felt the guilt, and the wanting of another mind. Slowly, I could feel the extension grow ever so slightly. She may have hidden her signature well, but after being rather intimate with her, and the sharing of our own emotions, I knew who it was. She and I were alike in many ways. She once followed a path that could have been darker. However, it stayed stagnate. Lady Kay was looking in upon her husband. However, the flux of emotions to a surprise, and even to curious wonder for something, I had a feeling that something was going on in her direction.

The choices I had were clear. Speak up to the woman who I endowed much trust, to the man who I respected without even drawing a blade against, or to stay within the shadows and to watch and listen.....

[member="HK-36"], [member="Aten Ramses"], [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Lady Kay"],

Whether it be left to fate or the will of the Force, there was much to be curious about in how his present company had come to cross his path on a day that had started out to be as isolated and as ordinary as any man's exile could begin. To become acquainted with [member="Romi Jade"]'s Padawan and even so without her intention nor consent, it was safe to say that this was the farthest from Veiere's mind of possibilities, let alone someone so young and inexperienced trying to persuade him towards the light-side of the Force. Veiere Arenais knew much on the subject, he had spent the first thirty years of his life training as a member of the Jedi Order before the end of Svivren's branch and his first entrance into Exile before coming to meet [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] and [member="Lady Kay"] within days of one another. He had returned to serve the Galaxy as he had once before upon the eve of the Republic's collapse and so he and the soon-to-be Queen turned their eyes upon Commenor, Veiere dreaming of the return of a holistic Jedi Order split not by indifference but holding only the purpose of instilling hope in the lives of others.

Looking to the younger man, Veiere must have held a twenty to thirty year lead on the newcomer; He recognized the place in life from which the lad was speaking and he himself had given many a lecture or discussion upon one's alignment in the Force and the path in which they sought to walk down in life. With hindsight in mind, he presumed that the [member="Aten Ramses"]' Master would approve of his willingness to speak to Veiere in such a way; though it was also easy to assume that Romi held little hope of ever reconciling with her former Master who had turned his back on everything he had once taught her.

"In my experience I have heard of others using the projection of such a powerful ability against the code of virtue that I once taught to those alike your Master. Casting such a thing upon another, you must acknowledge that you are stripping them of their freedom of choice; the strength that you put into the practice of Force Light can mean the difference between temporarily binding your targets Aura within the Force, eliminating their sensitivity to it entirely or going so far as to take their life in an example of power that no Jedi should display..." Veiere turned his gaze up to study the reactions of the young man, curious to see if he truly understood the ramifications and importance of what he was trying to articulate; "What you seek to learn is not to be thought of lightly, there is too much potential to abuse and lose your way to such power, that I am willing to simply offer such a lesson so frivolously to one that I know so little about" slowly Veiere rose from the seat of the fallen tree, showing his height as he stood upright and moved to stand alongside the young man, though his gaze sought the distant view of tree's and earth in thoughtful consideration.

"What I do know is that you have come in search of a man known to many as a convicted traitor and murderer of other Jedi, those whom I myself had trained. You speak of the light that is supposedly still with me based upon stories you have heard from others, nothing of what I have done, you have experienced which suggests you have not yet shed the naivety of your youth...And you seek to gain the manifestation of light itself from one you can only presume to be unreliable in his alignment and practice of the Force..." Veiere turned to glance once more to Aten Ramses, knowing that his statement was focused more upon accusations and pessimism rather than the optimistic approach of his peer.

"What gives you the confidence to ask for such a thing?" Veiere asked, his tone taking a minor shift to express his intrigue within such doubt; "Why should I be convinced you are worthy of such a power where you could so easily misuse it" hypocritical as it might seem, his focus was on the boy whom had come to him asking for such a favor; whereas Veiere had refused to practice the ability even in his turning away from the Order.

[member="HK-36"] | [member="Atheus Voidwalker"]

As Veiere stood Aten noted the older gentlemen’s stature, he wasn’t overweight nor was he scrawny. Veiere was a well-built man for his age, standing maybe an inch or two shorter than Aten. Despite the unkempt beard and the tattered robes Veiere’s presence somehow still commanded respect. Turning to look in the distance with Veire, Aten let the words sink in. He’d never known that much about the ability, what Aten had been able to gather were articles, and stories of those who had once used the ability. Another Jedi by the name of Coren was one who Aten had heard mention of utilizing the force in such a way, they weren’t the one Aten sought though. The thought of potentially stripping someone of the force chilled Aten’s blood, he couldn’t imagine a life without it, he’d come to adore the force in a way accepting it into him. The force was as natural to Aten as breathing, to lose it would be a catastrophe. Everything the former king said was true, at least that’s all Aten could assume. What reason would Veiere have to lie? To chase the boy off? To give more reasons why he wouldn’t or couldn’t teach him? Yet there didn’t seem to be an outright denial. Perhaps a test? A right needing to be conferred?

"What I do know is that you have come in search of a man known to many as a convicted traitor and murderer of other Jedi, those whom I myself had trained. You speak of the light that is supposedly still with me based upon stories you have heard from others, nothing of what I have done, you have experienced which suggests you have not yet shed the naivety of your youth...And you seek to gain the manifestation of light itself from one you can only presume to be unreliable in his alignment and practice of the Force..."

You’re right Master Veiere, I am naïve. At least that’s what I hear a lot, I’m stubborn, anxious, and charge headfirst into situations I’m not ready for. I can admit to these faults. But me speaking on the light I know you still possess isn’t just in the hopes of acquiring your knowledge. Is it not our duty as Jedi to seek the light in even the darkest of individuals? To aid them in seeing the light? Even if their heart is a void, or they be the Dark Lord of the Sith. Shouldn’t we still hold out hope to one day aid and change them?

"What gives you the confidence to ask for such a thing? Why should I be convinced you are worthy of such a power where you could so easily misuse it"

Turning to stare directly into Veiere’s eyes he didn’t harden them, didn’t wish to conceal anything. All the emotion was present in the boy's eyes, his confusion, his folly, but most of all they still held hope. This was one of the few times since learning the art of Teras Kasi that Aten lowered his mental defenses. He let all the emotions pour out of him so the exile knew he was honest. “I can’t say I’m worthy of learning the skill, I can’t say I’m the best jedi for it. I can’t convince you, it is your choice whether you take me beneath your wing in this or not. I simply want to give the galaxy more light, hope. There’s the Rebel Alliance, the Praxeum and still the Silver Jedi in their own corner but the galaxy continues to grow darker with each passing day. I just want to aid in bringing about a change.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Atheus Voidwalker"] @HK-36 @Lady Kay

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked as [member="HK-36"] confessed to spying on her as her refrigerator. The Palace had plenty of those in the kitchens, but of course he'd know which one she frequented when she couldn't be botheted to have staff cook something up for her.

She folded her arms across her chest and leaned against the trunk of a tree as he stated coming by out of boredom and loneliness. Right. Like THAT was a real excuse to drop by. Then he let the womprat out of the bag. She silently scoffed as he insinuated that she was a prisoner and that her neutrality was somehow to blame. "I am not being held prisoner. I'm free to go anywhere that I wish to. Do not confuse a little blockade on a few trade routes as some means to keep me prisoner. And there are benefits to neutrality. You just fail to see it...."

Kay was about to say more, but stopped herself. Instead she looked over towards the direction of [member="Veiere Arenais"] and [member="Aten Ramses"] , whom she could see through the trees. Her head lowered slightly as HK was right. It wasn't safe for Veiere to be here if they had found him already. He needed to go somewhere else. But she didn't want to have to say goodbye...again...

"The bounty had already been claimed and paid out...You have no reason to hunt him or seek him out." As far as she was aware, there were no other bounties on Veiere. But upon his return, she was supposed to have him incarcerated. However she had chosen to let him go in secret. Love was a fickle thing.

HK's next statement brought her out of her thoughts and back to the present. "Political marriage? I don't recall any such offer. You must have me confused with someone else. And as for my problem? It is tiny in comparison to the other governments that have fallen. This is just a negotiation tactic that the Sith Emperor is trying to use to make me bow down to him. Well...I'm not going to play his game. He doesn't have the power to blockade all of my routes."

Whatever scheme HK had in mind, she wasn't so sure that she'd like what he'd have to say. So many would use the blockade as an excuse for war. But Kay didn't think like that. And it had made her government outlive so many others. Including HK's and those that he teamed up with later on.

[member="Atheus Voidwalker"] so far was not noticed by her. Kay's focus was on HK.

Kay's emotions fluctuated greatly. I could only assume them to be of her husband. As I was not born for the mental capacities of the force, I could not read her mind. Just the emotions those around me felt, and let waft off of them. I couldn't see her within the forest. Only feel the emotions. She hid her force well. Knowing that she had done so for such a long time now, even I, or other masters would be hard pressed to find her. I only found it easy through my link with empathic link to the force.

I decided to let her be. Her mind was mixed and dealing with quite a lot at the moment. My appearance to her would only confuse more. Veiere on the other hand, was still speaking to the young lad. Much about naive natures and the lightside of the force. Continuing on with why such a young man would search for a known betrayer of his people, to learn from him? People changed. I knew quite a bit about that myself. Veiere was playing devil's advocate to the boy. However, there was something that the boy said that had me thinking.

A Jedi has a duty to seek those surrounded in darkness, and lead them to the light. Yet, if that was true, then why were so many Jedi known for creating ultimatums against those who were dark? I had been pushed away by the same Silver Jedi who the boy spoke about, due to being dark within the force, yet still teaching Lightsided younglings and apprentices to stay away from it. I smirked ever so lightly as I leaned against the tree. Hearing the young man continue to speak. Wanting to bring change to the galaxy and to provide hope for those who need it. I guess this was my cue.

"Are you sure that the galaxy want's the change that you could bring lad?"

I opened myself to the force. Allowing for Veiere and the young man to feel the presence I carried. Dark, even darker than some sith, but still the smallest bit of light hidden away and kept from prying eyes. I walked out towards the two men.

"The Jedi have a duty to defend those who cannot, and bring people into the light. However, what if the dark individual does not want to be borne of the light?"

I closed the gap with a couple steps. My left metallic hand resting upon my hip, while the right hung simply by my side. Looking to the man who I once allied myself with, I simply nodded.

"It seems the past has caught up to you friend."

[member="Lady Kay"], [member="Aten Ramses"], [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="HK-36"],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom